Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Ultimate frisbee deserved more love, dang.

Thanks seifer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

seiferguy posted:

That one was okay though? Aside from people discussing answers before the reveal.

I don't even know what questions you'd ask in e/n christ.

It was well run and the questions were fine. It's that the answers were aggressively boring. I think it's cool that many people were trying to "win", but there were a lot of people who insisted on being "right" in a rather staid way that made riding along with the reveals a relative non-event.

I guess what I'm saying is if there's a Seth McClung of video games we haven't found it yet.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

kalensc posted:

Ultimate frisbee deserved more love, dang.

Thanks seifer!

FWIW if I didn't do my Seinfeld reference answer that's what my real answer was going to be

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

This ruled, thanks for doing this!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I completely forgot about the reveal last night, but I still enjoyed reading through the answers just now. As usual the game was fun and some of the answers were hilarious.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

seiferguy posted:

I don't watch ESPN so I don't even know who the media loves, probably some dumb baseball guy who's like super rear end in a top hat but white so he gets a pass. Google says Mike Trout is white, I believe he's an rear end in a top hat. - KettleWL

Hey gently caress you man.

Also Chad Curtis was worth getting an Ace for, even if only chuckling to myself.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 27, 2015

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

seiferguy posted:

By the way, Parmesan Basil, I think you're skirtin' preeeeetty close to breaking your toxx with that answer.

Um, excuse me, I could be talking about Jay Cutler for all you know :colbert:

Great White Hope posted:

You know Parm, you're not half bad.

This guys gets it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

Um, excuse me, I could be talking about Jay Cutler for all you know :colbert:

its pretty obvious that you were talking about josh mccown

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Now we need google doc voting polls to choose our favorite black sheep answers for each question.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

kalensc posted:

Now we need google doc voting polls to choose our favorite black sheep answers for each question.

We could sheep game the sheep game answers. Sheepception

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Badfinger posted:

It was well run and the questions were fine. It's that the answers were aggressively boring. I think it's cool that many people were trying to "win", but there were a lot of people who insisted on being "right" in a rather staid way that made riding along with the reveals a relative non-event.

I guess what I'm saying is if there's a Seth McClung of video games we haven't found it yet.

I found the questions kinda bland, and it did feel like people were trying too hard, if that's a thing. You need a mix of people trying along with people trying to go to hell to have a good sheep game and I felt the Games one was lacking.

I was joking about the E/N sheep game unless you want it to be nothing but self-deprecating questions and everyone racing for the bottom. If someone actually wants to try more power to you.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Crunkjuice posted:

We could sheep game the sheep game answers. Sheepception

Go sheeper.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
Was doing great until I answered the last question with my heart (gently caress the Cardinals) instead of my head. Also thought more people would be on board with the Royals World Series story.

Still that was a lot of fun and I look forward to the next one.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

I was away at a conference, so I'm just now getting to this:

seiferguy posted:

Question 7: The USA has five big sports - the NFL, MLB, NBA NHL and MLS (lol). I think it's time we add this sport as a major US one.

Rugby - 14
Jawknee
Xenophon
WienerDog
Mr. Fix It
CellBlock
McStabby
KIM JONG TRILL
Crunkjuice
The Glumslinger
Frank Eufemia
Rogue Elephant
PantsFreeZone
AllTerrineVehicle
Mike Works

seiferguy posted:

ACES:

Rugby Sevens - pig slut lisa

:negative:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

fits posted:

nooo i think i just missed bottom 5 :negative:

I consider this a major moral victory.

E: this was a good laugh, thanks everyone.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 28, 2015

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I missed the reveal because I refuse to log into SA on my phone. I need to sleep during those hours dammit!

Metapod posted:

wow no travis henry
poo poo, maybe that's who I meant instead of Chris Henry.

Which one fathered like 8 kids then died falling out of a truck?

Badfinger posted:

A mustachioed man named Nabe Gewell.

That and pitch framing are my favorite joke answers, I'm glad one made an appearance.

And a shout out to my God Shammgod peeps. Reading up to the reveal with IcePhoenix and No Safe Word talking about how they loved their answer and then I'm the third wheel to the party (but it's cool and I'll buy drinks) that felt good.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 29, 2015

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

pig slut lisa posted:

I was away at a conference, so I'm just now getting to this:

:negative:

Sevens is different :colbert:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

Sevens is different :colbert:

no one said calvinball or rally racing smdh

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

wheez the roux posted:

no one said calvinball or rally racing smdh

Calvinball is the inverse of a sport.

And I honestly don't know what the hell rally racing is.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, I started remarkably lovely in the first 4-5 questions and ended up at #6. Amazing. Thanks for running this! I know they're a lot of work and I appreciate it. I wish I could have been around for the reveal but I've been diving across the country for a new job.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

CannonFodder posted:

Can you do something like this for the SAS sheep game that ran last week?

https://www.bradybutterfield.com/2015_SASsg

So in a world where all NFL posters were sharing answers and all soccer posters were sharing different answers and all baseball posters etc... this would show that clustering, though clustering is almost always more compelling in theory or with toy cases than in practice.

-Size of circle = how well the poster did
-Posters sharing responses are linked, shorter links = more shared responses*
-Color corresponds to a unidimensional scaling of the response concordance matrix (basically, slightly different way of looking at the same question, though with just one dimension you dump most of the info.). It's a borderline arbitrary way to put some color in there but generally similar colors = similar responses. I chose the most beautiful colors in creation to create the most pleasing graph, you're welcome.

*These were pruned so each poster lost their longer links (unless it linked to a poster for whom it was one of their shorter links).

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

pangstrom posted:

https://www.bradybutterfield.com/2015_SASsg

So in a world where all NFL posters were sharing answers and all soccer posters were sharing different answers and all baseball posters etc... this would show that clustering, though clustering is almost always more compelling in theory or with toy cases than in practice.

-Size of circle = how well the poster did
-Posters sharing responses are linked, shorter links = more shared responses*
-Color corresponds to a unidimensional scaling of the response concordance matrix (basically, slightly different way of looking at the same question, though with just one dimension you dump most of the info.). It's a borderline arbitrary way to put some color in there but generally similar colors = similar responses. I chose the most beautiful colors in creation to create the most pleasing graph, you're welcome.

*These were pruned so each poster lost their longer links (unless it linked to a poster for whom it was one of their shorter links).

Upper left quadrant is the best quadrant.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
You realize that the graph changes shape every time it's loaded, right?

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am represented by a small brown-purple dot. Is that bad?

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

whypick1 posted:

I do now :o:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Awesome sauce.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

whypick1 posted:

No matter how often I load it, I'm still a tiny dot on the outside looking in, with only a single link to the rest of the community. So it's pretty much just like real life!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I showed that chart to my fiancee because I was showing her the sheep game last week & she sorta played along. Her only response was

"....Nostalgia4Butts?"

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

PantsFreeZone posted:

I am represented by a small brown-purple dot. Is that bad?
I only know a few NFL posters and a few soccer posters and I don't really see any pattern based on them so all I can say is that you are more like the other brown-purple people in your 14 sheep game responses than you are like the yellow people. And/or maybe you have Kaposi Sarcoma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Spoeank posted:

I showed that chart to my fiancee because I was showing her the sheep game last week & she sorta played along. Her only response was

"....Nostalgia4Butts?"

YES

• Locked thread