Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote Rarity

I'm moving so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post the next few RL days, I'm putting this down for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I thought you guys rated my scum game as better than that :(

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Rarity posted:

Well I like your reasoning behind telling people not to turbo, I like MMM's level of engagement and drive to create content and I like Somber's attempts to push people to explain their opinions. All three of you read like you're coming from legit places.

Well, three reads are not all reads. All three could well be town.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rarity posted:

I do actually. It seems like something really stupid for you to post as scum.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote Rarity

I'm moving so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post the next few RL days, I'm putting this down for now.

Just for the record I don't like the idea of putting down a vote for someone with 2 votes on them already then potentially walking away for a while without a lot of justification. I don't really buy Rarity as scum over that post, and if Op is just pushing a bit that's one thing but there's no way its convincing enough to vote and walk away on.

Somber I'd like your own thoughts on why Rarity is scummy, you waited on a reaction to push an actual vote but you kind of just echoed Ops idea that it was a scum post without adding much yourself

Rarity, whats your read on Op? He lead on a serious vote for you and all your reads are town but you didn't include him in your list of reads. For that matter whats your read on me?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also I'd like to hear some thoughts in general on Five and Chaos Lord from everyone, even if its just "no read" thanks guys :)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Just for the record I don't like the idea of putting down a vote for someone with 2 votes on them already then potentially walking away for a while without a lot of justification. I don't really buy Rarity as scum over that post, and if Op is just pushing a bit that's one thing but there's no way its convincing enough to vote and walk away on.

Somber I'd like your own thoughts on why Rarity is scummy, you waited on a reaction to push an actual vote but you kind of just echoed Ops idea that it was a scum post without adding much yourself

Rarity, whats your read on Op? He lead on a serious vote for you and all your reads are town but you didn't include him in your list of reads. For that matter whats your read on me?

There's no reason for town to post that, so she's your scum buddy.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Somberbrero posted:

There's no reason for town to post that, so she's your scum buddy.

There's a lot of names in my post, please clarify your pronouns so I know who you're talking about

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I mean you could be talking about EXAKT or Rarity so I'd like some clarification before I respond to that

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Also I'd like to hear some thoughts in general on Five and Chaos Lord from everyone, even if its just "no read" thanks guys :)

I think I'm town, obviously.

Also I just got back from work. Can someone please give me a quick refresher, thanks in advance?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poque posted:

that's some crap! I didn't "admit" anything, that's manipulative language to obscure what actually happened.

1. I see a bunch of votes for opop and calls for a turbo.
2. I say "don't turbo opop"
3. You wonder why I responded the way I did.
4. I say it's because a turbo is a bad decision.
5. You say there wasn't risk.
6. I say I wasn't aware of whether or not there was risk.

why am I not allowed to chime and point out that a turbo would be dumb whether there's risk or not? Me not knowing the number of votes isn't "admitting" anything.

The use of admit is not any different that the tone of this post being "Oh I was just chiming in" It's the pov on the events.

Anyway the problem wasn't you saying that we shouldn't turbo somebody, that's common sense. The problem was that I thought you were doing it for yourself and you were strangely serious about it considering how jokey it was. On a meta level, you're not usually strangely serious, so I was wondering what made you get so real in this game.

Clearly nobody else is seeing this the way I am though so I'll give it a reread.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Five posted:

Also I just got back from work. Can someone please give me a quick refresher, thanks in advance?

The thread's not that long and it's not miving that fast. Take your time and read it.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Five posted:

cute, but what about chaos lord? Nobody else reads anything from their last couple of posts at all?

Five
Jan 6, 2009

cute, but what about chaos lord? Nobody else reads anything from their last couple of posts at all?

Minor Towny. Ain't seeing whatever it is you're seeing, sorry.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

No strong read on either but I dislike chaoslord's response to somber's pressure.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I just find accepting the claim that D1 scum lynch could be bad for town at face value as really weird and am surprised I'm the only one so far.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Rarity posted:

This is Rarity's scummiest post.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Oh, there is never any reason to say "Scum lynch is bad for town" but its just a lovely metapost as there is in every game of Mafia I've been in to my knowledge so whatever.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Epsilon Plus, tell me about Rarity.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah I don't really think executing scum can be bad but I don't think the scum's big move this game is lining up and saying "maybe it's good to execute town"

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fair enough, not interested in bringing up the actual argument itself again so I'll drop it. I'd still like to hear more arguments and less vague accusations from Somber.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Rarity answering my question on Op would also be nice but it looks like I missed the tail end of their posting for today so I'm less concerned with that since I'd rather just get an actual deconstruction of Raritys posts going if we're contemplating running a train on them over this

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Fair enough, not interested in bringing up the actual argument itself again so I'll drop it. I'd still like to hear more arguments and less vague accusations from Somber.

What's the point of a post that only says you don't know who the scum are?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Five posted:

This is Rarity's scummiest post.

Do you think its worth throwing a vote down over it though?

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Do you think its worth throwing a vote down over it though?

If I did, I would have done it.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Somberbrero posted:

What's the point of a post that only says you don't know who the scum are?

It was a pretty innocuous first post. I thought their reaction to your pushing was fine. I certainly don't agree with Five that this:

Rarity posted:

is substantially scummier than their first serious post

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
fakeedit: And I'd like to know if you agree with Five on that Somber

Five
Jan 6, 2009

CommaToes posted:

Bring me olives, Poque.

To me, day 1 has always been useless joking and empty posts so people can raise their post count to avoid suspicion. That being said, I don't play this often. Have there been any games with good day 1 discussions not borne from a stupid scum mistake?

I would like your opinion on MC Eating Disorder and Rarity.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm not decided on Rarity. I have no problem with her only having town reads, but her self consciousness about it is weird to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I really don't like the immediate meta defense. If I were town I would attempt to engage that vote on its own terms rather than saying I am too good to be caught this early.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I know you're not talking to me here, but why do you think her earlier posting is scummier?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

I really don't like the immediate meta defense. If I were town I would attempt to engage that vote on its own terms rather than saying I am too good to be caught this early.

Hey we agree on something!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

It was a pretty innocuous first post. I thought their reaction to your pushing was fine. I certainly don't agree with Five that this:

You're not really answering the question scumbo, the only point of that post is to pretend to be engaged. If she was town she would just wait until she saw something scummy, then speak up. The false frustration in that post seems clear.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I know you're not talking to me here, but why do you think her earlier posting is scummier?

Honestly I don't read either as particularly scummy I just think Five is spending a lot of time asking other people their opinions instead of posting theirs and I think if we're considering Rarity (and by extension myself if you can buy that I'd spend this much time and effort posting about a fellow scum on D1) I'd like to hear a little bit more as to why.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Five even though you're not willing to vote on Rarity yet (and I get that since its evident they're not posting in the thread atm) what do you think about me and Rarity being scum team if we decide to lynch them and they flip scum?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Somberbrero posted:

You're not really answering the question scumbo, the only point of that post is to pretend to be engaged. If she was town she would just wait until she saw something scummy, then speak up. The false frustration in that post seems clear.

thanks for finally providing some kind of explanation by the way, that's all I wanted from you

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Five even though you're not willing to vote on Rarity yet (and I get that since its evident they're not posting in the thread atm) what do you think about me and Rarity being scum team if we decide to lynch them and they flip scum?

I think this is a really weird question? That's not really an answer but its how I feel about it at the moment.

Also as to the other question ("I just think Five is spending a lot of time asking other people their opinions instead of posting theirs") The game suddenly turned from jokepost to seriouspost while I was at work way more concerned about lynch time in my other game so I am sussing things out in my own way, thank you very much.

Pretend Rarity isn't scum - Who is?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not really that interested in defending Rarity, but I'm just suspicious of how readily people threw down votes without actually providing arguments and I don't buy the reaction as being bad enough to double down over.

Still not interested in voting for Rarity today either since I think Five or one of the numerous people yet to really contribute in any meaningful way are a better candidate

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think focusing on the first person to get a serious vote thrown their way is exactly the way to assure a low content D1 environment for scum to hide in is essentially my strategy at the moment. I want broader discussion while we still have some time since I'm likely to be at work during the actual deadline and I'm going to be asleep for at least 6 hours between now and then as well, so I'd like to be able to have some idea of who I actually want to vote for in the next 8 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
sorry there's some copy paste issues in that post but I'm trying to say that railroading Rarity is going to provide exactly the kind of low content D1 we don't want and I want as much information going into N1 as possible regardless of who we lynch

• Locked thread