Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I'm not really that interested in defending Rarity, but I'm just suspicious of how readily people threw down votes without actually providing arguments and I don't buy the reaction as being bad enough to double down over.

Still not interested in voting for Rarity today either since I think Five or one of the numerous people yet to really contribute in any meaningful way are a better candidate

Regardless of whether you want to defend Rarity, that's definitely what you're doing if you are telling us to move votes onto Five and 'one of the numerous people yet to contribute' (lurkers).

I'm not interested in killing five day one, he's been away for ages. The last game I remember him in was Slenderman mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MCED, are you new? I haven't seen you around before but you seem to have some background knowledge.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Regardless of whether you want to defend Rarity, that's definitely what you're doing if you are telling us to move votes onto Five and 'one of the numerous people yet to contribute' (lurkers).

I'm not interested in killing five day one, he's been away for ages. The last game I remember him in was Slenderman mafia.

Oh man I don't even remember that at all.

To be honest I wouldn't kick and scream being lynched Day 1, as long as I can get some people posting their opinions and stuff before they do it. One of the things I Have Learned over the intervening years (?) is that I shouldn't take things personally, especially from insane people on the internet.

Five
Jan 6, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote Rarity

I'm moving so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post the next few RL days, I'm putting this down for now.

Hey if you get a chance here could you say exaktly why you're throwing down this vote? Actually you deserve this more than Opopopoponax right now. ##vote EXAKT Science

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not interested in "moving votes" I'm actually fine keeping my vote on you since I think who you vote for is a better indication of scumminess on D1 than actual posting but going into N1 and D2 I think its in the best interest of town to float a couple of boats to give us something to work with later.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I'm not interested in "moving votes" I'm actually fine keeping my vote on you since I think who you vote for is a better indication of scumminess on D1 than actual posting but going into N1 and D2 I think its in the best interest of town to float a couple of boats to give us something to work with later.

If I end the day voting rarity it is only because you are newer.

Explain your boat-floating thing more.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

MCED, are you new? I haven't seen you around before but you seem to have some background knowledge.

4th game of mafia, including the 1st game I opted out of during D2 because mafia is stressful and I'm bad at stress but I feel like I'm picking it up.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somber how did MCED get tied to Rarity and why are they scum again? I don't think I really understand this push.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Somberbrero posted:

If I end the day voting rarity it is only because you are newer.

Explain your boat-floating thing more.

If we have more than one good suspect (two people you suspect of working together don't count for this since if one doesn't flip the other isn't a good suspect anymore) we have more options if the D1 lynch turns out to be wrong. If you are right about Rarity I'm a suspect on D2 but if you honestly want to waste D2 leading a charge against me based on that I can't blame you and I'm not gonna struggle but that still doesn't mean we should spend the rest of the day absolutely 100% assuming Rarity will flip scum at the expense of generating more content.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Five posted:

Hey if you get a chance here could you say exaktly why you're throwing down this vote? Actually you deserve this more than Opopopoponax right now. ##vote EXAKT Science

Honestly, I'm throwing it down for pretty much the same reasons as Opop. I think the same posts he did are scummy. I know that's not really a satisfactory answer, so I'm sorry about that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

Honestly, I'm throwing it down for pretty much the same reasons as Opop. I think the same posts he did are scummy. I know that's not really a satisfactory answer, so I'm sorry about that.

:what:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I would like ANarc to post more. I'm getting good vibes from her at the moment, but she's being super lurky (as usual! :argh:)

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

EXAKT Science posted:

moving house sucks and I'm not gonna throw poo poo on you for being busy with that since I have to move in a couple of weeks but while you're here what do you think about me Sombreros strong claim about me being Raritys scum partner?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Five posted:

I would like your opinion on MC Eating Disorder and Rarity.

Hey there.

Rarity seems to me to not be scummy enough to vote right now. It seems that people are jumping on a pretty weak case and she is wondering where it came from. How she reacts to it when she next posts will tell more.

As for MC Eating Disorder, I'm reading town. I can relate to nervousness of posting in SA Mafia games. I don't play in them often because, quite honestly, it usually stresses me out.

I would like to see what Hal or Orvin has to say about today as they've been relatively quiet.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

Exakt all I ask is for you to make this post again but with different words

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Like just say what you were trying to say, but differently

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hey MCED, what do you think of Hiipfire?

Hiipfire, same question, but about MCED.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hold on MMM, I promise I will. I'm in the middle of a reread first, and am posting thoughts as I have them :)

On page 5 now. Poque feels weird to me. I'm not a fan of the way he's softly pushing for us not to kill scum day 1. That's weird.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Good shitposter, hard to tell beyond that, maybe their response about me will give me more, but they haven't been in thread for a while so I'm not really expecting much for now. Not a comfortable town read like I have on MMM or even maybe Comma.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Poque posted:

Eh. I see what you mean about stymieing discussion, though it was just meant to be commentary on how d1s generally go. It wasn't intentional, I just have a hard time parsing which posts are meaningful for identifying scum and which posts are just mindless fluff.
This feels like someone who's trying to fake being a townie under suspicion. Poque is also getting inordinately defensive for the amount of pressure he's under, in my opinion.

Poque posted:

hahaha my old phone would autocapitalize TIM TEBOW and KIRK HINRICH and DIQNOL.
This is supposed to be a joke. I feel like it falls flat and feels inorganic, in a scummy way.

##vote Poque

Something else that stuck out to me from the same page:

Orvin posted:

Looks like we are out of the joking phase now.

## unvote
Getting some ~vibes~ from this post. It manages to say nothing while still affecting the game state.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Good shitposter, hard to tell beyond that, maybe their response about me will give me more, but they haven't been in thread for a while so I'm not really expecting much for now. Not a comfortable town read like I have on MMM or even maybe Comma.

the more I think about it honestly my ability to not get any scum vibes off Comma might entirely be the Adam Scott avatar and their willingness to buy me as jittery town but at this point I'll take it until I get any other good reads on them

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Just for the record I don't like the idea of putting down a vote for someone with 2 votes on them already then potentially walking away for a while without a lot of justification. I don't really buy Rarity as scum over that post, and if Op is just pushing a bit that's one thing but there's no way its convincing enough to vote and walk away on.

Somber I'd like your own thoughts on why Rarity is scummy, you waited on a reaction to push an actual vote but you kind of just echoed Ops idea that it was a scum post without adding much yourself

Rarity, whats your read on Op? He lead on a serious vote for you and all your reads are town but you didn't include him in your list of reads. For that matter whats your read on me?

This feels overwrought and self conscious.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also while we're here and you're getting in the swing of the thread, EXAKT what are your thoughts on Hiipfire?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

the more I think about it honestly my ability to not get any scum vibes off Comma might entirely be the Adam Scott avatar and their willingness to buy me as jittery town but at this point I'll take it until I get any other good reads on them

So you must really like Comma, huh? What makes them so special?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Also while we're here and you're getting in the swing of the thread, EXAKT what are your thoughts on Hiipfire?

He needs to try harder.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I have never seen a game with more "hey X, what do you think of Y?"

This not a complaint or anything, it's cool to get reads out in the open.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Exakt just rewrite that one post please

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Like just say what you were trying to say, but differently

I actually have to say something different now. I went along with the vote on Rarity because I hadn't read the thread carefully enough. Upon reading more, I think Poque and MCED are much more interesting.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:eng99: All I wanted was to know what you were trying to say.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Exakt just rewrite that one post please

It was a bandwagon vote because I was lazy, in a hurry, and it seemed decent enough for day 1.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Was the "he" in that post supposed to be "she"?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I was getting the same general vibes as Opop off of Rarity's posting but came to the thread too late for it to feel like anything other than a bandwagon.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Was the "he" in that post supposed to be "she"?

The one talking about how Hiipfire should try harder?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

The one talking about how Hiipfire should try harder?

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm sorry if this all seems pedantic but I've been trying to parse the meaning of it and it seems like kind of a key post in understanding you perspective on this game.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm sorry if this all seems pedantic but I've been trying to parse the meaning of it and it seems like kind of a key post in understanding you perspective on this game.

No that's fair, and I don't mind a bit. Have you gotten what you wanted yet?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

OOOOOOH GOTCHA

This is what I meant:

I'm voting Rarity for the same reasons as Opop. He and I both think the same set of Rarity's posts are scummy, and for generally the same reasons, as far as I can tell.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

AH! I see it now. Thank you for taking that time Exakt

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I think I'm in the same boat as MMM. Exact, in that quote where you say "he", it seems like you are talking about Rarity -- but Rarity is a she.

So, were you referring to Rarity and got the genders mixed up? Or were you referring to someone else?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Ok, nevermind, you answered it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

AH! I see it now. Thank you for taking that time Exakt

Yeah sorry, I couldn't parse what you were saying either, evidently :v:

• Locked thread