Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
I can help a bit too, but I would end up dumping nearly my entire hand into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Just for the record, the edit I made was just for clarification's sake - in the very likely event one of you don't believe you finally got some Jump Prep :v:

(Crisis on previous page btw.)

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Being In the brig I can only help a little.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

If we don't think we're able to pass it with just PIL/TAC, does anyone have a Scientific Research they'd be willing to play? Maybe that would help?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Yeah, feel free to send in COs for Inv Comm or SciRes should the check be chosen, or COs for Strat Plans if Zarek takes the roll instead.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

DaisyDanger posted:

If we don't think we're able to pass it with just PIL/TAC, does anyone have a Scientific Research they'd be willing to play? Maybe that would help?

Sure, but even then I could not make a huge contribution.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Honestly, I was hoping to get a dice roll and a strat plan out and keep our cards. With the way the Destiny deck is stacked this is going to be a 14/15 check and Adama is out.

Unless someone Comes with a great plan, I think it's better to roll for it.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Fat Samurai posted:

Honestly, I was hoping to get a dice roll and a strat plan out and keep our cards. With the way the Destiny deck is stacked this is going to be a 14/15 check and Adama is out.

Unless someone Comes with a great plan, I think it's better to roll for it.

I'm not actually against this either. There are still opportunities (and time) to make up for losing 1 fuel. I'd feel more comfortable with a strat plan though.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
I could help with either a scientific research or a strat plan. I am not sure there is a clear good option in this crisis.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Im also prepared to throw declare emergency in, but I agree that straat planning and rolling probably makes more sense here

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

##Roll it is. Someone Strat Plan this poo poo, please.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

By CO, OhHiMaahk plays TAC 4: Strategic Planning.

Roll 1d8 +2 = 5 Nothing happens!

Raiders Attack!
3 Raiders in Sector 1 move to Sector 6!
1 Raider in Sector 4 attacks an unmanned Viper - 1d8 = 5 Viper Damaged!
1 Raider in Sector 3 attacks Civilian Ship - Pop - 1!
6 Raiders in Sector 3 move to Sector 4!

Zarek deems the mission far too risky with the Cylon fleet baring down on them, and decides resources cannot be spared in scouting for fuel. He does, however, formulate a plan with the aid of President Baltar to help preserve Tylium. Together with the scientists, they come up with an ad hoc scheme to prevent Galactica from wasting much more fuel.

The massive cloud of Raiders swoops down onto the fleet in a relentless torrent. A few small civilian transports that drifted too far away from Galactica's Viper screen are shot to pieces with ruthless efficiency. One of Starbuck's wingmen is forced to crashland after covering the Admiral - the Viper survived, but the poor pilot wasn't so lucky. With the bulk of the Cylon armada now having closed the distance, can Galactica's remaining Vipers protect the unarmed civilian ships from such massive numbers?

Turn 2.5: Chief (Somberbreo) is the Current Player.

Chief (Somberbreo) draws 1 POL, 2 LEA, 2 ENG

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 30, 2015

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##move to weapons control
##play ENG 1 - Repair
##play LEA 1 - Executive Order on OhHiMaahk

Let me know if I screwed up any of that.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

That's a valid move :)

Chief Tyrol and his knuckle draggers waste no time in getting Galactica's point defense systems back online. This is mainly done by hitting the guns with hammers and wrenches until they start working again. This outstanding display of blue collar labour inspires Dr Baltar, who adjusts his fine presidential suit and feels glad he's not of the working classes...

Weapons Control repaired! OhHiMaahk, Move and take an Action, or take two Actions.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
Time to start pewing

##Activate Command, take 2 shots in sector 5

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

There are neither Vipers or Raiders in 5. Do you mean 4 or 6?

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
I meant 4, sorry

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

It's fine :)

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Baltar activates Command and attacks Raiders in Sector 4 with an unmanned Viper!
Roll 1d8 = 5, 8, Two Raiders Destroyed!

By CO, he does it again!
Roll 1d8 = 8, 7, Two more Raiders Destroyed!

Under the orders of President Baltar, Galactica's best pilots fly head on into the swarm of Cylons. Despite being outnumbered, the humans are fighting with their backs to the wall with very little more to lose. By the time the Vipers break off, they have dealt a significant blow to the enemy vanguard.

Following the rupturing of Galactica's water supplies, the hydration situation in the fleet is worsening. If this continues, the civilian population will start suffering the effects of the siege. From his post on Galactica's CIC, Baltar gets urgent messages for help from the ship captains...Does he respond, or allow them to fend for themselves?

Crisis!

Water Shortage (A):

President Chooses:

-1 Food.

OR

The President discards 2 Skill Cards, then the Current Player discards 3 Skill Cards.

Activate Basestars, Prepare for Jump

It's OhHiMaahk's choice.

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 31, 2015

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I have no problem discarding cards.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Boo to basestar activation, but more jump prep? :swoon:

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
Well then, in the interest of preventing food from becoming an issue:

##Choose the Discard
## Discard Pol 1 - Consolidate power and Pol 1 - Consolidate Power

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

I'm headin' to bed, friends. Somberbreo, feel free to send me a CO for the discard should that option be picked, if you wish.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Brony Hunter posted:

I'm headin' to bed, friends. Somberbreo, feel free to send me a CO for the discard should that option be picked, if you wish.

Ha, forget the second part, OhHiMaahk got there first. Just post them in thread, Somberbreo :)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##discard POL 1 - Consolidate Power, POL 1 - Consolidate Power, ENG 2 - Repair

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Cards discarded!

Basestars Activate! 1d8 = 3 MISS 1d8 = 5 HIT FTL Control Damaged!

Jump Prep + 1!

Baltar swaps his suit for his labcoat and sets to work on designing a new, water filtration system to replace the outdated waste recycling on Galactica. Together with the mechanical know-how of Chief Tyrol, the President successfully installs a machine that will help preserve water supplies in the longterm.

As the jump drives of the aging Battlestar begin to finally whir into motion, one of Galactica's primary engines are struck by a salvo of missiles from a Cylon Basestar. The hefty damage to the engines means that until repairs are done, hopes for a speedy jump to safety are dashed...

Turn 3.1: Admiral Starbuck (DaisyDanger) is the Current Player.

Admiral Starbuck (DaisyDanger) draws 2 TAC, 2 PIL, and 1 LEA by CO.

Starbuck is an Expert Pilot and may take 2 Actions.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I forgot about Basestars firing when thinking about my discards.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

We finally get some jump prep and then we lose our FTL drive. This game.

I have a few options. I'm thinking I'm going to XO Baltar for my second action because he can take more shots from Command than I can out here. Lemme know if anyone has a better plan.

##Shoot once at a raider in 4

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I guess it'd be dangerous to ignore the Raiders altogether but more Scouting wouldn't be a terrible idea when possible.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I could do that. I feel a little comfortable doing that since we'll outnumber raiders in 4 and 6 if I actually hit this one.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Starbuck shoots a Raider -
1d8 = 6 HIT Raider destroyed!

Starbuck has 1 more Action remaining.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I was concerned about the late game if Vipers happen to get outright destroyed, but honestly I don't think we are very likely at all to hit another series of Attack cards like this and it is unlikely that any Vipers are destroyed.

The Basestar situation is not great, I think I should have ended my turn at Weapons Control so I could take some pot-shots if we like. I'm more worried about the good doctor or myself winding up in sickbay than anything.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Oops, yes, Chief is in Weapons Control, will be fixed next image update.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Oh I forgot you were in Weapons Control. In that case,

##Play LEA 1 - Executive Order on Chief

Take some shots on those basestars, Chief!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

DaisyDanger posted:

I have a few options. I'm thinking I'm going to XO Baltar for my second action because he can take more shots from Command than I can out here. Lemme know if anyone has a better plan.

If you can Scout, I think it's a better option than killing more raiders. With the hit to population and the basestars hammering Galactica, our worst case scenario are more cards without Jump Prep.

What happens if we reach automatic jump (yeah, right) with FTL damaged? Do we jump anyway?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Hey, look at me not refreshing!

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Whoops, sorry. :(

Fat Samurai posted:

What happens if we reach automatic jump (yeah, right) with FTL damaged? Do we jump anyway?

I believe so.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##fire on Basestar in 3
##fire on Basestar in 3

Fat Samurai posted:

If you can Scout, I think it's a better option than killing more raiders. With the hit to population and the basestars hammering Galactica, our worst case scenario are more cards without Jump Prep.

Yeah, we jump anyway. If we deal with at least one of the Basestars now then I will be significantly less worried. I can't remember the distribution of cards that give both Basestar activations AND jump prep, but I have to think there are a few.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

##Play TAC 3 - Strategic Planning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

DaisyDanger posted:

##Play TAC 3 - Strategic Planning

Oh geez, more pressure :ohdear: