Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I want to make love to all Riders and Casters.
one of the riders is a personification of the bubonic plague

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
and by personification i mean he's just a mass of bugs, rats, and sick

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Twiddy posted:

Don't worry, it's probably coming sometime after this new season of Prism Ilya (apparently we're getting another one of those).

I'm not arguing against anything that gets me more Gilgamesh

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Endorph posted:

assassin's big moment is at the end of UBW

which isnt saying much but

:frogout:

also his big moment is the reveal that he's some random guy who learned to break reality by being really fuckin bored

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

I think this is less true than common sense might suggest. CCC makes it clear that Gate of Babylon was how Gilgamesh fought in life, for example. Some Servants do have powers they explicitly didn't have in life, like the Hanging Gardens for Semiramis, and others have powers they couldn't have had in life, like Medusa riding something born when she died. In general I think added powers like that are linked either to classes or to skills like Innocent Monster; you don't just get new powers as a Servant by default.

Pretty sure Gilgamesh didn't actually shoot out of GoB in f/e ccc flashback. It mentioned the fight got so messy that devolved into Gilgamesh manually throwing his treasury of weapons at Enkidu instead of wielding them.

Also, i'm pretty sure the VN just talked about how Gilgamesh was not the natural wielder of most of his NP in GoB unlike with other heroes that are associated with their weapon. Its was more about him being the owner but not the wielder that was experienced with the NP. I don't think the brawler only was mentioned anywhere, especially when he actually fights with NP several times in the VN

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Randomzx posted:

Pretty sure Gilgamesh didn't actually shoot out of GoB in f/e ccc flashback. It mentioned the fight got so messy that devolved into Gilgamesh manually throwing his treasury of weapons at Enkidu instead of wielding them.

Also, i'm pretty sure the VN just talked about how Gilgamesh was not the natural wielder of most of his NP in GoB unlike with other heroes that are associated with their weapon. Its was more about him being the owner but not the wielder that was experienced with the NP. I don't think the brawler only was mentioned anywhere, especially when he actually fights with NP several times in the VN

Gil's weapons stash (outside of Ea/Enkidu/his armor) are all proto-forms of all the weapons of the world, I believe. So, they're generally weaker in addition to the lack of experience he has weilding them. That having been said, they're still something like B-rank apparently, since he manages to kill Heracles multiple times by just continuously firing them while holding him down with Enkidu.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Older means better in Nasuland

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Copy is better than original as well.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm not arguing against anything that gets me more Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh is ftw but I'm not watching the show made for pedophiles. Cheers.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

I think it evens out, he can't use Gae Bolg's insta-kill ability but Gae Bolg's protoform is old enough and sharp enough to stab most things.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
But if GB and... Gungnir I think it was? I don't quite remember. Anyways if they were to duel, Gungnir would come out on top. That's what it's supposed to mean: When a weapon is "remade", it loses some of its mystery and therefore will lose to its "father".

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Pureauthor posted:

I don't actually agree with this.

Older means technically better. But there's a reason why the protagonists of all these stories are all teenagers facing off against ancient evil and triumphing, and stuff like the Mage Association are fading and decrepit. The ancient evils have better stats, but the moral of most Nasu stories are ultimately 'out with the old, in with the new and the young'.

Gilgamesh reminisces about the old days when everything is better. But at the end of the day, he's the villain, and he and his argument is defeated conclusively.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 26, 2015

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Fangz posted:

I don't actually agree with this.

Older means technically better. But there's a reason why the protagonists of all these stories are all teenagers facing off against ancient evil and triumphing, and stuff like the Mage Association are fading and decrepit. The ancient evils have better stats, but the moral of most Nasu stories are ultimately 'out with the old, in with the new and the young'.

Gilgamesh reminisces about the old days when everything is better. But at the end of the day, he's the villain, and he and his argument is defeated conclusively.

On the other hand more Comedic works kinda hint that Gilgamesh would be just happy with the modern world in different circumstances (That's what I like to think anyways :) ).

I think how it works is that Old stuff have really awesome stats and in 99% of situations will vaporize you effortlessly; except for that 1% of the time because by being new and young have some sort of trick or innovation that's able to overcome the disparity. Unlimited Bladeworks vs. GoB.

quote:

But if GB and... Gungnir I think it was? I don't quite remember. Anyways if they were to duel, Gungnir would come out on top. That's what it's supposed to mean: When a weapon is "remade", it loses some of its mystery and therefore will lose to its "father".

Gil has both the prototype nameless version of GB and the prototype nameless version of Gungnir I believe.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

On the other hand more Comedic works kinda hint that Gilgamesh would be just happy with the modern world in different circumstances (That's what I like to think anyways :) ).

Gil likes the future world of the Extra setting. He hates the particular world of the present day, rather than hating "progress" per se or anything like that.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Gil likes Extra world because it's decaying and turning into the World of Steel or something iirc, Gil's whole problem with the present era is the relative lack of conflict allows for a large population and thus weaker individual humans.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Raenir Salazar posted:

He does as Child Gil

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Rodyle posted:

Gil likes Extra world because it's decaying and turning into the World of Steel or something iirc, Gil's whole problem with the present era is the relative lack of conflict allows for a large population and thus weaker individual humans.

Nah his attitude just shifts to reflect the era and the Clinton administration sucked. :v:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Gilgamesh is ftw but I'm not watching the show made for pedophiles. Cheers.

Epic this.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gilgamesh stole Ilya's heart, of course it's a show for pedophiles.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Beef Waifu posted:

Gilgamesh stole Ilya's heart, of course it's a show for pedophiles.

:gonk: Damnit, I forgot about that bit of UBW. :(

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rodyle posted:

he disliked present era because it is a short-sighted nihilistic society iirc

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

also in Extra he was on the moon so i guess he had no idea of what earth was like then

Repster
Nov 29, 2014

Rodyle posted:

Gil dislikes the modern because he sees people as having no real value. In his world, he could not think about getting rid of a servant over a petty crime. Now? He could get rid of a dozen without a second thought, because he could find another hundred the next day.

It's not about how strong or weak people are. It's about value. Afterall, all humans are weak in his eyes.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So any idea if we will be making a new thread, or just reopening the old one for the resuming of the mid season break?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Here's your answer.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Gilgamesh is Chaotic Good. Therefore we're supposed to agree with his plan to kill everyone. QED.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

That's normal for all anime, just like how prototypes are always vastly superior to the mass-produced versions when it comes to mecha/weapons etc.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
A lot of the foreshadowing in F/SN is really cute when you reread!

(UBW route spoilers)

Something I never caught before is that, in the scene in the prologue where Rin is on the rooftop with Archer, there's a lot of talk about how Archers are great at vision, Rin can't see nearly as far, etc.

Then two seconds later, she feels someone watching her from the street below - Shirou. And says she can't really see him, but can tell it's him anyway. But obviously he couldn't actually see her considering it's the tallest loving building in the entire city. Must've just been looking up by coincidence!

Of course, later from Shirou's point of view, we find out that he did in fact see her, and he says he has better eyesight than most, strengthened by his magical energy.

Archers have great vision, huh? :v:

Irukandji Syndrome fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 30, 2015

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

HiveCommander posted:

That's normal for all anime, just like how prototypes are always vastly superior to the mass-produced versions when it comes to mecha/weapons etc.

This isn't necessarily out of place in real life, either. Pick out any design proposal from the military, and you've got a pretty good chance of finding yourself a project that lost a lot going from prototype to mass production. Some stuff just isn't economical to cram in, and if they can shave a few (trillion) pennies by cutting more extravagant features, they'll cut it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Clarste posted:

Gilgamesh is Chaotic Good. Therefore we're supposed to agree with his plan to kill everyone. QED.

Gilgamesh is Chaotic Good-Looking.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Gilgamesh is Chaotic Good-Looking.

Mayhaps you could say...insane-ly sexy. *twirls mustache*

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
yes

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The actual explanation to the prototype thing is that legendary weapons all represent some sort of idea. Caliburn, for example, is the "sword that selects the rightful king", an idea passed down from Gram, which in turn got it from Merodach. The thing here is that when the myth sorts of 'splits off', it loses some of its mystery and therefore potency. Thus Merodach will beat Gram which will beat Caliburn.

The actual weapon may be better, or may have new tricks, or maybe be used better, but the intrinsic quality they embody gets diluted. Since Gil has the first item to embody any given idea, his stuff is 'purest' and therefore strongest in a pure clash of mystery. He might even have the same physical weapon, just in its pre-legendary state (since it's all copies and poo poo). "Prototype" is always used figuratively.

(This, incidentally, is why he has all sorts of bullshit stuff in the Gate. The Gate and its legend declares that he can and will have something for literally every idea expressed by humanity. The upshot of this is he doesn't have things created by beings outside humanity (see Excalibur and Karna's divine gear). It seems Prisma is playing a bit with this idea lately, with stuff Gil has never seen and implications that the bad dudes are creating a new humanity (aka the Liners from Notes).)

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
http://www.typemoon.com/ Once again it is that time of year.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The best time of year. :allears:

Here's a list of twitter accounts from various Fate characters it's pretty great.

http://flamingo-chan.tumblr.com/post/115129880057/type-moon-characters-twitter-account

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

One being done into English, natch.

https://twitter.com/tmtt15_nero_eng

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Man, I wish I could read Japanese at all (no what do you mean I should just go and learn it?). Oh well google translate will have to do for now, I guess.

Seems like Saber's still asleep, the lazy poo poo.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I love that idol Nero has just become A Thing now. It's amazing, and I love it.

The soymilk thing, less so. Maybe because I just don't get it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/tmtt15_MrK/media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

IXIX posted:

One being done into English, natch.

https://twitter.com/tmtt15_nero_eng

Never enough statsheets