Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
best color is 'hearing aide' and I wish more cars offered it. Like Jeep for instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Keyser S0ze posted:

That primer grey color owns. I think Scion has one as well.

Agreed. Just generally, light non-metallic colors own.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

ilkhan posted:

They have a good grey (magnetic), and very pretty blue (DIB), and that awesome green (Guard).
So really they don't need any other loving colors.

Yeah no idea what they are thinking with primer battleship.

The hot Orange has it's place.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

El Scotch posted:

The hot Orange has it's place.

And that place is on someone else's car. :v:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Powershift posted:

New lincoln continental concept.

It just seems so agressively boring. The grille is basically what all lincolns are going to have now, it seems like they are simultaneously trying to rip off bentley and BMW at the same time.

I like it, except for those wheels and the chrome'd out interior, it looks pretty good, has that same understated luxury look that the oldschool 60's Lincolns had. I'm sure it'll end up being a rebadged Tarus when it comes out, if it even gets built, but It looks pretty nice. Needs suicide doors on the rear though.

E. Though can someone who's got more car learnin' than me explain what the deal with this like quad-bulb headlights popping up everywhere are?

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Raluek posted:

None of these colors are Grabber Blue so I don't get what all the commotion is about.

I would have totally got my '15 in Grabber Blue if it was offered, had to settle with Deep Impact Blue.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

ExplodingSims posted:

I like it, except for those wheels and the chrome'd out interior, it looks pretty good, has that same understated luxury look that the oldschool 60's Lincolns had. I'm sure it'll end up being a rebadged Tarus when it comes out, if it even gets built, but It looks pretty nice. Needs suicide doors on the rear though.

Absolutely needs suicide rear doors. I dig it too, especially compared to their current stuff with those damned hideous grilles.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Mange Mite posted:

Are the projectors supposed to be tiny Lincoln logos?

anyone calling this car "understanded" is wrong as gently caress, it's literally oozing tacky plastichrome from its pores and chinese buyers will eat this thing up. here let me show those posters how wrong they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIDg7EKSQKw

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Maybe 'understated' isn't right but I think 'aggressively boring' was bang on.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
I'm more of the aggressively bad persuasion

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
It seems pretty terrible to me in the same way the Bentley CGT is pretty terrible, huge FWD front overhang etc, but people love the poo poo out of the CGT so :saddowns:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

dissss posted:

Maybe 'understated' isn't right but I think 'aggressively boring' was bang on.

"boringly aggressive" too

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

What is it with cars having huge loving centre dividers like that? I can understand on low slung sports cars with an FR layout but this?

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

88h88 posted:

What is it with cars having huge loving centre dividers like that? I can understand on low slung sports cars with an FR layout but this?

People feel less safe in cars with large open spaces between the seats. Since front bench seats are gone away forever, when you design a car with a 5 foot gap between driver and passenger, you've gotta fit something in there.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I dont know why people look at something like that and are like oh yes take my money :barf:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Raluek posted:

None of these colors are Grabber Blue so I don't get what all the commotion is about.

Ford really hosed the dog when they didn't bring back Grabber Green.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Sigma X posted:

People feel less safe in cars with large open spaces between the seats. Since front bench seats are gone away forever, when you design a car with a 5 foot gap between driver and passenger, you've gotta fit something in there.
I visit my ford dealer regularly (I think the sales dudes are sick of me) and when I hang out in an F150 all I can think is that they could reduce the size of the truck by a foot in all dimensions and not lose a damned thing. Its frustrating when what you want is a 2.7 or 3.5EB Ranger and you know they *could* offer one but don't.

tijag
Aug 6, 2002

ilkhan posted:

I visit my ford dealer regularly (I think the sales dudes are sick of me) and when I hang out in an F150 all I can think is that they could reduce the size of the truck by a foot in all dimensions and not lose a damned thing. Its frustrating when what you want is a 2.7 or 3.5EB Ranger and you know they *could* offer one but don't.

what you really want is a Mustang GT though.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

ilkhan posted:

Nobody that buys new trucks off the lot wants a smaller truck. They all want lifted half tons with leather and a cow catcher.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

KillHour posted:

Nobody that buys new trucks off the lot wants a smaller truck. They all want lifted half tons with leather and a cow catcher.

...And LED off road lights wired into the DRLs.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

HEY VAPER posted:

anyone calling this car "understanded" is wrong as gently caress, it's literally oozing tacky plastichrome from its pores and chinese buyers will eat this thing up. here let me show those posters how wrong they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIDg7EKSQKw

Bentley designer already crying theft apparently.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Nonsense posted:

Bentley designer already crying theft apparently.

It's not faaaaair we had the Chinese market on lock with a lovely looking overstyled FWD-biased faux-luxury car with ninety percent markup.

Acura (looking up from its bagged lunch of purestrain goat poo poo): WHUH WHAT? ANOTHER $40K CIVIC? OK

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

You take that back. :colbert:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

It looks alright. It'll probably be decently roomy, and the chrome will probably lure in people that want a new Town Car.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

tijag posted:

what you really want is a Mustang GT though.
I'm still 90% certain it'll be a 2016 Mustang GT ASAP (ordering 5/11, production 8/1 IIRC), but theres 10% of me looking for a more practical vehicle (meaning FoST or Tacoma or ???). I'm really not wanting to grab an F150 for a few years (incentives suck right now) when I'm done paying off the 'stang.

As far as truck sizing goes, it'd be nice to be able to park inside a single spot, or move around in a crowded parking garage. They could chop a foot off each in each dimension without losing anything but a little bit of payload width and towing stability. There is PLENTY of wasted space in the engine bay and width in the cabin to chop those dimensions out. Make it an F100 without a V8 option but just as much off-road/towing-payload ability.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 31, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

KillHour posted:

hey, there's like 0.1% of us that want cheap V8's, RWD only and a muscle car gearset :colbert:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Holden Sandman wagon

First Kia shows their Optima wagon, now this. These won't ever come to America in any form, will they?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

davebo posted:

Holden Sandman wagon

First Kia shows their Optima wagon, now this. These won't ever come to America in any form, will they?

Basically the two best things about Australia right there.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

blk posted:

Basically the two best things about Australia right there.

I don't see any sharks.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

davebo posted:

Holden Sandman wagon

no because you see PICKUPS VROOM VROOM

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

davebo posted:

Holden Sandman wagon

Not a shagging wagon (panel van), shameful Holden

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

According to jalopnik Hyundai has a test mule for a midengine veloster, like the cliov6 or Turbo 2.

I would buy and drive the poo poo out of it, assuming it ever actually comes to the US. (it won't)

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

So this is the Cadillac CT6.

I wish Caddy would go back to using real names. :(

KillHour posted:

It's all about feeling like the biggest baddest motherfucker on the highway for some people. If I wanted to feel that way, I'd rather have the appropriate tool for the job:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

davebo posted:

Only if they lift it and make it AWD. That's the only way we take our wagons here.

Network42 posted:

According to jalopnik Hyundai has a test mule for a midengine veloster, like the cliov6 or Turbo 2.

I would buy and drive the poo poo out of it, assuming it ever actually comes to the US. (it won't)

That's cool as poo poo.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

It's all about feeling like the biggest baddest motherfucker on the highway for some people. If I wanted to feel that way, I'd rather have the appropriate tool for the job:

The problem is that they want this feeling, but they also don't want any "discomfort" from the truck actually driving like a truck.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

fknlo posted:

Only if they lift it and make it AWD. That's the only way we take our wagons here.

Transverse AWD. Anything else is for rednecks.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

So this is the Cadillac CT6.

I wish Caddy would go back to using real names. :(

Awww, it's crying. Why is it crying?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

bull3964 posted:

Because it knows it'll spend the first year on the showroom lot before being pushed out the door with $15k on the hood.

Seriously, so many people really want Cadillac to be the luxury car brand that undercuts ze Germans in price, not match them dollar for dollar. But doing that risks slotting it in the same "premium near-luxury" class as Infiniti and Acura. Maybe that's precisely where Cadillac should be (but where would that put Buick? A slightly nicer Chevy a la GMC?)

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

Naw, they're teardrop tatoos.

MrYenko posted:

Transverse AWD. Anything else is for rednecks.

Naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

What's Caddy reliability like these days?