Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Its almost as if people who write jokes for a living sometimes write jokes for other people.

I don't know if I can handle this. I always assumed people like Steve Carrel, Tina Fey and Alf wrote all their own dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It's spelled ALF in all caps, which stands for Alien Life Form

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Aphrodite posted:

It absolutely is.

Whitney Cummings wrote for like 3 roasts before they were so desperate for bodies they put her on the stage. Jeselnik was the same.

And they killed. They eventually burned off the goodwill their roast appearances garnered, but it should be remembered that it worked out.

Amy Schumer also broke out after her roast appearance.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Amy Schumer just does Whitney Cummings' act.

And Jeselnik does Daniel Tosh's.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Except they both do it better.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

DivisionPost posted:

And they killed. They eventually burned off the goodwill their roast appearances garnered, but it should be remembered that it worked out.

Amy Schumer also broke out after her roast appearance.

Also Chelsea Peretti, which any fan of Brooklyn 99 should appreciate.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Except they both do it better.

I agree, Tosh and Jeselnik are both very good at being unfunny shock comics.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Jeselnik's show getting no ratings was so predictable I feel bad for the people who thought it was a good idea. So dumb it's cute.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT-x77t89iY

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The Jeselnik Offensive's only memorable moment for me was the episode with Eric Andre where he lit fireworks under the desk and when they went off it genuinely looked like people didn't know it was going to happen and were pretty pissed about it

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Obligatory.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I don't care if you hate the CW or comic book characters or both but everyone owes it to themselves to catch the latest episode of The Flash. poo poo was bananas and so was Mark Hamill.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DrVenkman posted:

All this roast talk and no one mentioned the Chevy Chase one, in which it was clear that people were there just because they hated him. It's one of the more cringeworthy things I've seen.

You mean the one I posted a video of?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

The only thing I can say after seeing tonight's Flash and preview for the rest of the season.

Sorry. I watched Better Call Saul's latest episode tonight and it broke my heart. Then I watched The Flash and it broke my brain.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 1, 2015

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thwomp posted:

I don't care if you hate the CW or comic book characters or both but everyone owes it to themselves to catch the latest episode of The Flash. poo poo was bananas and so was Mark Hamill.

Everyone do this. It was even better than whatever your favorite MCU movie is. Not even kidding.

Also Better Call Saul was amazing and apparently Agents of Shield was too, it's looking like this just might be a banner week for TV.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy Hyperbole Batman!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deadpool posted:

Holy Hyperbole Batman!

Watch. The. Flash.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

lelandjs posted:

Watch. The. Flash.

It was on hours ago. I've seen it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Deadpool posted:

It was on hours ago. I've seen it.

I mean it's got nothing on my hyperbole, but that's still kind of a stretch.

(Not a long one though because THAT loving OWNED. And so did this week's SHIELD.)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
latest Better Call Saul was amazing, holy hell.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

I mean it's got nothing on my hyperbole, but that's still kind of a stretch.

(Not a long one though because THAT loving OWNED. And so did this week's SHIELD.)

The best part about the episode is that now they have a third great villain (and probably a fourth soon) on the show after a ton of complete duds. How they managed to completely waste Lian McIntyre is a mystery I've yet to solve.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Deadpool posted:

The best part about the episode is that now they have a third great villain (and probably a fourth soon) on the show after a ton of complete duds. How they managed to completely waste Lian McIntyre is a mystery I've yet to solve.

I'm not writing off Liam McIntyre until the inevitable episode where Star's no-lunch supermax (I only like the name, I promise I don't like the argument) fails, resulting in unscheduled early releases for everyone.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is it worth finishing season 1 of Halt and Catch Fire?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Is it worth finishing season 1 of Halt and Catch Fire?

The episode at the computer fair is pretty good, but depending on how fair you are into it, it's probably not worth slogging through the rest of the show.

That show, like Low Winter Sun and Tyrant, seems to have been created using Prestige Television Mad Libs™. It's like someone tried to write their own version of Mad Men without understanding what makes that kind of show work.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Thwomp posted:

:agreed:

Although it does have some obvious flaws endemic to the show (Iris being lied to by everyone for no good reason, some bad minor character casting, cheesy dialogue), but they're easier to ignore than ever before when you have Mark Hamill, Tom Cavanagh, and Jesse L. Martin killing it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Iris would probably say Barry's name in public if she knew.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Deadpool posted:

Liam McIntyre should've been an Arrow villain, using a Spartacus actor to play a dude with weather control powers is kinda lame cause all he does is wave his arms and look menacing and wasting all that training from Spartacus boot camp.

I mean he was great in the episode where he was a huge threat, too bad time travel happened and he got punked like 5 minutes in.

Aphrodite posted:

Iris would probably say Barry's name in public if she knew.
I was surprised there wasn't a shot of her mouthing "Barry?" I mean, he didn't even bother changing his voice in front of her, and she was practically 5 feet from him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He should be back in the next Rogues episode anyway.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Sober posted:

Liam McIntyre should've been an Arrow villain, using a Spartacus actor to play a dude with weather control powers is kinda lame cause all he does is wave his arms and look menacing and wasting all that training from Spartacus boot camp.

You can keep him. After finishing Spartacus a couple weeks ago, I'm still trying to figure out how McIntyre managed to have less charisma than a dead man.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

At a certain point you need to consider the possibility that it's you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DivisionPost posted:

Yeah, this week's Agents of SHIELD knocked it out of the park. That shouldn't be ignored with how great the Flash was, both shows are on top form right now. I feel like watching this much awesome TV in one day is cheating somehow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A really weird thing about the CW's Flash show is that they're treating it as if the 90s series actually happened, just without the Flash. They've had multiple people reprise their roles from that show, the best example obviously being this week's episode. They not only had Hamill as the same part but they even used shots from that show as pictures when discussing his crimes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

muscles like this? posted:

A really weird thing about the CW's Flash show is that they're treating it as if the 90s series actually happened, just without the Flash. They've had multiple people reprise their roles from that show, the best example obviously being this week's episode. They not only had Hamill as the same part but they even used shots from that show as pictures when discussing his crimes.

At this rate the season finale is gonna involve FlashDad breaking out the super speed

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bown posted:

latest Better Call Saul was amazing, holy hell.

The only thing I'm slightly holding against BCS is that I can call practically every plot twist that's coming up. I'm sure I wasn't able to with Breaking Bad, and I'm usually useless at seeing anything coming in most TV shows but there's something about Saul where it just feels spelt out to me, Chucks mysterious phone call obviously pinpointed him up to something against Jimmy, and it didn't take long to work out what. I still love it though. Mike was amazing in this weeks episode, even if they had to introduce the dumbest character ever just to get the point across. The vet needs to work on his referrals.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

muscles like this? posted:

A really weird thing about the CW's Flash show is that they're treating it as if the 90s series actually happened, just without the Flash.

I think you might be overthinking it a bit.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
If they kill off Iris and Laurel Lance, I think these two shows would rank higher on my list. I didn't totally understand the last episode of The Flash? How did The Trickster seek out his son, when he was in jail and probably lacked access to the internet? Also, Why did Ebert Johansen (guy from Future) travel 300 years back to kill the Flash as a child simply to travel forward 300 years again? And why did he only attempt killing him once in the last fifteen years? Why even bother giving him powers?

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ravane posted:

If they kill off Iris and Laurel Lance, I think these two shows would rank higher on my list. I didn't totally understand the last episode of The Flash? How did The Trickster seek out his son, when he was in jail and probably lacked access to the internet?

I'll answer the first one because I've had friends in prison! They totally have internet access! I mean they aren't supposed to and they will get in trouble if caught, but it's easy to smuggle in smartphones or use a guards phone. If my buddy could post on facebook then I'm sure the Trickster could contact someone.

E: Someone post my Laurel Arrow gif! I lost it. I quit watching Arrow after the second episode this season. It went more soap opera than super hero show for me.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

I know you're not calling Michael and Linc from Prison Break playing supervillain versions of the same characters duds because every time they're on screen I'm smiling.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Just have to mention how much I'm enjoying Danger 5 season 2 on netflix. Trying to take my sweet time with it, but jesus it keeps on delivering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Just have to mention how much I'm enjoying Danger 5 season 2 on netflix. Trying to take my sweet time with it, but jesus it keeps on delivering.

It's really good. I love how it's just get's crazier and crazier. And the non-sequiturs are the best.

• Locked thread