Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Anyway I'm going to bed now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't want to quote a private message I got, but I received a message along with being told I'm a lover that clearly indicates that I'm meant to be killed, one way or another.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anyway, I know Byers just replaced in, but ##vote Byers
I feel like PMush would have made that push against KB knowing it would take out Ram as well.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Byers2142 posted:

Yeah, this.

Confirmed scum.

##vote byers

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
no wait

##unvote

murder to win, we have not had a proper slapfight yet

HAVE AT ME

##vote byers anyway

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Max posted:

Viva Nova and I are now lovers, apparently. I guess they have that ability.

Who is 'they'?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Either you, if this is some strange scum gambit (but I don't think that's the case), but more likely the scum team.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Max I cannot even

bowmore posted:

This game has No power roles. I repeat! It is an all vanilla game.

But there is an exception…

Upon the death of a player they may send current living player or players gifts from the afterlife

Rarity, KB or Ram made us lovers, dude. Unless you're scum, they didn't know.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Did you get a message along with being made a lover? Because I did, and it was clearly malicious.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Max posted:

I don't want to quote a private message I got, but I received a message along with being told I'm a lover that clearly indicates that I'm meant to be killed, one way or another.
Are you sure? I received no such message, I was simply told we were now lovers.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Huh. I got a massage. It literally told me to die.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Starting my 20 page read through...

Max posted:

Hello, everyone should be voting PM for claiming scum.

This is a lazy case that Max is pushing early. PMush made a dumb joke, but Max is seriously pushing for a lynch based on it. What's more, there's no way he really thinks that scum are more likely to scum claim than town in that position. This is a scummy early game case to hang your hat on.

Max posted:

I actually think that was a good catch.

Also, I'm at a conference today, so limited phone posting until evening. Forgive brevity for now.

Especially given his "yeah, it's a good catch, but I'm too busy" response to Opop being caught by my boy Diqnol. I peeked ahead, and I know how the Opop thing ends, but at this point Max doesn't. He's slow playing to see if he needs to bus, but he really wants to not.

wall monitor posted:

Opop's slip-up seems really suspicious, but gut is telling me to hold off a little bit. I dunno.

Similar vein, this puts wall under early suspicion.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Max, after some thought, I get how it could work:

One of Opop/diqnol made KB + Ram lovers, I assume Diqnol. The other gave someone the ability to make two people lovers N2. You can reasonably assume it was Opop and that he sent it to a scum. I agree we both looked like possible lynches today, and that this would be a decent scum strat.

I'm sorry I got snippy at you, it looked really crazy to claim initially.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Max posted:

Huh. I got a massage. It literally told me to die.

Bowmore just pmed me with a "whoops". I got the same message.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers, that post doesn't look good for you.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

I'd vote for either. It's just that I made this train, and well, I'd like to give preference to the train I rode in on.

See what I mean? Opop scumslipped, PM made a joke, and Max is going after the joke.

EXAKT Science posted:

Sorry I'm just very excited to play mafia! :sun:

EXAKT came into the game hard, got called on it, and then made this back-off. This feels like he's realized he overstepped, maybe.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Are we waiting on a vote for a Lumpenlist? Really?

Okay.

TOTALLY TOWN
Rarity
fiery_valkyrie
DuckHuntDog

PROBABLY TOWN
King Burgundy
Hal
Opopanax
Murmur Twin

POSSIBLY SCUM
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
The Ram
Max
PMush
EXAKT Science

DEFINITELY SCUM
VivaNova
wall monitor
CPig

Apparently I replaced a legitimately crazy person.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

I literally threw the playerlist into a list randomizer. It's a joke. :ssh:

Oh, not crazy, just loving around still...

wall monitor posted:

I still don't like firey valkyrie, my vote is standing for now

wall, why does it read like you're posting around Opop to try and avoid the entire situation D1?

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

"##vote FV" "I still want to vote for FV" "Oh, it was a joke? Maybe not then...##unvote"

I think that's very sloppy stuff and nothing that a first time super nervous scum would do.

Is this the defense of wall that people keep going with later? Because it doesn't read as sloppy, it reads as tight to me. Switching to match a point raised in the thread with little resistance? wall's tight, but tight to maintaining a match with town opinion. That absolutely matches a new scum play style in my book.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VivaNova posted:

truth

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

Is this the defense of wall that people keep going with later? Because it doesn't read as sloppy, it reads as tight to me. Switching to match a point raised in the thread with little resistance? wall's tight, but tight to maintaining a match with town opinion. That absolutely matches a new scum play style in my book.

So your feeling is that I chose not to push Opop and instead pursued WM, who is also likely scum.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
:ghost: dicks :ghost:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

VivaNova posted:

In this case I 100% believe we were made lovers by scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
First off, hi Byers and PMach!

I was offline most of yesterday and am in the process of re-reading based on new information. After a super-skim:

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'll make the next thing I say a terrible case that you can jump on :j::respek::j:

bowmore posted:

TheRam Unconfirmed Mason Lover Town-Aligned was murdered Night 2

King Burgundy Unconfirmed Mason Lover Town-Aligned died from sadness Night 2

Also!!

Propaganda Machine replaces Hal Incandenza

Byers2142 replaces Poison Mushroom

If Hal/PMush were the same alignment I feel like bowmore would have replaced PMush with PMach for the sake of simplicity. One of them is scum :tinfoil:

:rip: King B/TheRam - I got those things you sent me.

I plan to re-read everyone at some point during the game day - right now off the top of my head I think it's Viva and a lurker.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

wall monitor posted:

I honestly did miss this somehow. Hooray, reading comprehension.

##vote Firey Valkyrie

"Can't vote my scumbro, I'm getting voted for not being firm, let's double down on f_v!"

DuckHuntDog posted:

I don't have a strong read yet, it is still D1. Of those three I would pick Max over WM just because I don't really get what WM is doing. My gut pick is Hal but I don't have a case yet.

I'm starting to get a scum gut read on DHD. I can't put it into words yet, but this post is making me twitch. There's something here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't think it's Viva.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

Wait KB you seriously think that WM could be scum with Opop?

You don't? Why?

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah okay, that's a decent case. Mostly it seems off to me that Viva was casting shade on both Opop and WM when she could have probably gotten away with just casing Opop. That combined with the way Rarity was attacking WM, and Opop's vote on him after Rarity's prompting, are the things that give me pause. I definitely agree that Viva and Rarity are much better targets today.

Opop and WM aren't scumbros in your mind because of things other, unflipped players said about them?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Another interesting thing is that since everyone started this game Vanilla, scum night kills aren't based on hunting for power roles or anything. It will be based purely on taking people who are obstacles to their shaping of the narrative. Here on SA, people always ignore the NK motivation because of WIFOM, but that gives scum a free pass to kill whoever they want without having to think about it. Before he died Diqnol was suspecting Viva, Rarity and TheRam of being scum. Scum would want to keep him around if he was wrong, to help sell their cases, but would want him dead if he was right.

He recanted on TheRam in twilight, assuming the night kill order was put in after that, that leaves Viva and Rarity.

Diqnol was the single best player in the game N1, I could see scum killing him for that fact alone. It's a good point, but not a slam-dunk.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Actually, it kind of totally does!

##vote King Burgundy

Nope, I replaced a crazy person.

EXAKT Science posted:

Viva did not make a single vote yesterday.

Wait, seriously?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You really need to catch up

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

wall monitor posted:

Doing reads on three random posters...

Fiery I (still) think is scummy. Most of his D2 reads as lukewarm. I may be biased because of D1 though.

DHD I'm not sure about, maybe town? The posts he's made seem sincere to me at least.

KB is being pretty reasonable here, and I still don't quite get the logic that's suddenly put me from 'backup lynch choice' to 'all but confirmed town' overnight. I appreciate not being thought of as scum but at the same time I kind of wonder if people are abandoning ship on me because they know it'll blow up in their faces when I flip town.

(My point here being that I think KB is town)

Generating noise. Random casing, seriously? wall's not trying to find scum, he's trying to maintain a level of content. Big difference.

EXAKT Science posted:

Rarity really wants me dead for some reason...

##vote Rarity

I do not like EXAKT's play this game.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

bowmore posted:

TheRam Unconfirmed Mason Lover Town-Aligned was murdered Night 2

King Burgundy Unconfirmed Mason Lover Town-Aligned died from sadness Night 2

Also!!

Propaganda Machine replaces Hal Incandenza

Byers2142 replaces Poison Mushroom

i just realized I misread the OP, wills are a min of 125 characters, not a max. I cut mine down three times to get under the wire!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

Viva Nova and I are now lovers, apparently. I guess they have that ability.

Are you also masons?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't believe we are.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

Hmm. Was the letter written by a dead player? Can you guess from the writing style who it might have been?

Murmur Twin posted:

:rip: King B/TheRam - I got those things you sent me.

In retrospect, maybe my gifts were from Rarity/TheRam. I have two of them but would rather not go into specifics at this time.

King Burgundy posted:

BTW, I just want to put this out there, since it doesn't affect anything, and it might lend us some insights later.

I was given a gift from the departed.

I am now an unconfirmed mason with TheRam.

I was assuming this would have come from Diqnol on his death. But I can't be sure of that, and I don't know if Opop would have been able to do something similar.

This was where the first masonry came from. My guess is that when KB died he passed it on?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It just said we were lovers.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

Hmm. Was the letter written by a dead player? Can you guess from the writing style who it might have been?

It literally just says Die.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

i just realized I misread the OP, wills are a min of 125 characters, not a max. I cut mine down three times to get under the wire!

I thought it was "125 words minimum" for night 1 and still overshot that by a ton :words:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

Hey FV, this is a really scummy reaction. Scum would be the only angry group at this reveal.

No, it's a really stupid reveal either way.

Max posted:

You realize the only people that could confer that power are scum, right?

Are they? If that's true, that's an amazingly powerful role. Unless it's a result of the wills that I still don't really understand. Plus, if I had that power as scum, I'd throw a scumbro in for the second or third pairing, specifically one under suspicion, like Viva.

Max posted:

Anyway, I know Byers just replaced in, but ##vote Byers
I feel like PMush would have made that push against KB knowing it would take out Ram as well.

Your case is that only scum would make a case on someone who turned out to flip lover?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

It literally just says Die.

That's just German for "The".

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

Your case is that only scum would make a case on someone who turned out to flip lover?

I made that case without drinking coffee, but I think making VN and I lovers was meant to nail both of us by scum, since I think we both look good as lynch candidates and the message that came with it.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Propaganda Machine posted:

no wait

##unvote

HAVE AT ME

##vote byers anyway

Want a slapfight? Your hair frames your face in an odd way! Also, you really voting me?

VivaNova posted:

Max, after some thought, I get how it could work:

One of Opop/diqnol made KB + Ram lovers, I assume Diqnol. The other gave someone the ability to make two people lovers N2. You can reasonably assume it was Opop and that he sent it to a scum. I agree we both looked like possible lynches today, and that this would be a decent scum strat.

I'm sorry I got snippy at you, it looked really crazy to claim initially.

Why would Diqnol, as town, make two players he didn't have at the top of his scum list lovers? If it came from anyone, it's Opop. Giving someone the power to make lovers after D1 would let that person, a scumbro, make lovers N2 and N3, and we're here now with a claimed set of lovers and a flip set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

Byers, that post doesn't look good for you.

Because...?

• Locked thread