Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

I made that case without drinking coffee, but I think making VN and I lovers was meant to nail both of us by scum, since I think we both look good as lynch candidates and the message that came with it.

I was under the assumption that KB and Ram had also been made lovers by scum, so thought that people casing one or the other Day 2 might have known that info and were looking to take out two town players.

This is clearly not the case at the moment, so ##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Max posted:

So your feeling is that I chose not to push Opop and instead pursued WM, who is also likely scum.

You pursued PMush, not wall.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

You pursued PMush, not wall.

I'm arguing that you found both myself and WM scummy. Do you think that WM and I could be scum together.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

If Hal/PMush were the same alignment I feel like bowmore would have replaced PMush with PMach for the sake of simplicity. One of them is scum :tinfoil:

What? Seriously, that's a legitimate point? I don't get it at all.

Max posted:

You really need to catch up

I'm getting there!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, I flipped over the WM.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OVER TO. Jesus, my fingers suck.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

I'm arguing that you found both myself and WM scummy. Do you think that WM and I could be scum together.

Not really, but maybe. I'm looking at you individually, not trying to fill out my "this is the team" list.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote byers

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

Also, I flipped over the WM.

Yes, but what you were quoting at the time was when you were on PMush. Remember, I was reading as I posted, so when I posted that I hadn't reached anything past you wanting to lynch PMush over a joke.. I feel better about you now, but I think scum might have tied a scumbro to you in Viva so that if she goes down, she takes you with her.

But wall's worse.

##vote wall

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote byers

Hi, CPig!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hi scum

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

nah, sorry, you were right with your call on wall, though. Him and Opop, scumbros. Why'd you stop thinking that?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Byers2142 posted:

What? Seriously, that's a legitimate point? I don't get it at all.

Murmur Twin posted:

I'll make the next thing I say a terrible case that you can jump on :j::respek::j:

It was a joke! The first (and only I think?) time I've Mafia'ed with PMach, I opened the game with a case where I said that "she usually capitalizes her posts but is typing in lowercase" and we proceeded to angrily case each other as town for the rest of the game.

We won though :slick:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

It was a joke! The first (and only I think?) time I've Mafia'ed with PMach, I opened the game with a case where I said that "she usually capitalizes her posts but is typing in lowercase" and we proceeded to angrily case each other as town for the rest of the game.

We won though :slick:

Sorry, we don't allow jokes in the gray forums.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ok, after D1 I saw a ton of "I guess wall is town" posts, and I didn't understand them. Someone give me a breakdown on why wall's town now? That was the big thing I didn't get; wall pushed a secondary case and tried to ignore the Opop case as much as possible, Opop voted wall because Rarity pushed him as part of a survival vote but never said anything else about wall; it reads like scumbros.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

nah, sorry, you were right with your call on wall, though. Him and Opop, scumbros. Why'd you stop thinking that?

I forgot

##vote wall

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

but I think scum might have tied a scumbro to you in Viva so that if she goes down, she takes you with her.

I agree VN has been playing a scummy game, but I don't think they would have done something like that. Looking at where everything is objectively, I certainly look like a good lynch target at the end of D2. I'm not sure why scum would tie someone to a suspected town player like that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, I am on multiple people's "likely scum" list. If they wanted to tie one of their own to a town player, they would do that to someone who is pretty far away from being lynched.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

I agree VN has been playing a scummy game, but I don't think they would have done something like that. Looking at where everything is objectively, I certainly look like a good lynch target at the end of D2. I'm not sure why scum would tie someone to a suspected town player like that.

Two reasons.

One, if VN dies now, at least they take a town with them. It's not likely that the town player would die, because scum can just avoid that.

Two, we've seen lovers flip once and it's a great way for scum to double their kills, so of course it's always two towns. Scum can gamble on that mentality to lessen the pressure on VN.

If I was scum and I could make lovers, I would make a lovers group with a scumbro in it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

Two reasons.

One, if VN dies now, at least they take a town with them. It's not likely that the town player would die, because scum can just avoid that.

Two, we've seen lovers flip once and it's a great way for scum to double their kills, so of course it's always two towns. Scum can gamble on that mentality to lessen the pressure on VN.

If I was scum and I could make lovers, I would make a lovers group with a scumbro in it.

I agree with you, but I would not have chosen myself if that was the plan.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm arguing that I am a terrible choice to tie scum to.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

Like, I am on multiple people's "likely scum" list. If they wanted to tie one of their own to a town player, they would do that to someone who is pretty far away from being lynched.

Are you really that high up in the likely to be lynched list? You were, but it's not been heavy. And scum can always just not vote for you.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

I'm arguing that I am a terrible choice to tie scum to.

Why? You're not super town and you're making bad reads, so they don't have a need to kill you at night because you're a danger. You're not one of the top three suspicions in the thread to be lynched, either. That's a great choice for it.

Talk to me about wall.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

Are you really that high up in the likely to be lynched list? You were, but it's not been heavy. And scum can always just not vote for you.

I feel like I've seen my name on a couple "likely scum" lists throughout D2.

Also, I don't know if whoever made me a lover planned on me just coming out and saying it. I probably wouldn't have if I hadn't gotten the accompanying message that told me to die.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

I feel like I've seen my name on a couple "likely scum" lists throughout D2.

Also, I don't know if whoever made me a lover planned on me just coming out and saying it. I probably wouldn't have if I hadn't gotten the accompanying message that told me to die.

I don't think they expected it immediately, but it's something you'd claim if your lynch was coming, as would VN. That's when it's useful.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Byers2142 posted:

Why would Diqnol, as town, make two players he didn't have at the top of his scum list lovers?
For the mAsonry was my speculation.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

VivaNova posted:

For the mAsonry was my speculation.

But you're not masons.

You're saying that Diqnol made mason lovers and, separately, scum made you and Max lovers.

I'm saying Diqnol made masons, and there's a separate scum who got from Opop the power to make lovers. They did on N2 and N3.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So I moved off of WM yesterday on the false assumption that I felt like WM was being pushed by others to detract from Opop. At the time of the D1 lynch, WM really did feel like a possible alternative until Rarity moved off of WM.

This was all based on a wrong read, so I'm going back to look at him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yesterday being D2.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

But you're not masons.

You're saying that Diqnol made mason lovers and, separately, scum made you and Max lovers.

I'm saying Diqnol made masons, and there's a separate scum who got from Opop the power to make lovers. They did on N2 and N3.

Ohhhhh. But you mean n1 and n2. N3 hasn't happened yet. And that's a crazy coincidence if scum made those two lovers the same night as they were made masons by someone else.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

VivaNova posted:

Ohhhhh. But you mean n1 and n2. N3 hasn't happened yet. And that's a crazy coincidence if scum made those two lovers the same night as they were made masons by someone else.

Right n1 and n2. And yeah, either way there's a coincidence. But let's talk about wall; thoughts?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

Right n1 and n2. And yeah, either way there's a coincidence. But let's talk about wall; thoughts?
[/quote
I don't think it's much of a coincidence the first way.

I thought wm was the best lynch d1 and wrote about why. I abandoned him d2 cause es was super sketchy around the lynch, trying to chAin people together and interpreting everything in terms of pointing out people who should be killed d2 like he knew the outcome.
Es did the same thing at the end of d2 so I don't know how I feel about him now

I don't remember much about wm from d2. I think he just popped into call es desperate.

I thought everyone who voted rarity was lazy or sketchy, don't know if wm was one.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

With the exception of mt and Fv cause they gave decent reasons. Max gave a reason, but I didn't agree with it so I guess he gets half credit.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

VivaNova posted:

With the exception of mt and Fv cause they gave decent reasons. Max gave a reason, but I didn't agree with it so I guess he gets half credit.

There were seven on Rarity. You just cleared 2 and a half, three are flipped. You're basically saying EXAKT is scum.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

There were seven on Rarity. You just cleared 2 and a half, three are flipped. You're basically saying EXAKT is scum.

Ha. Technically I think I called him lazy or scum but if u wanna say I'm calling es scum, go ahead. He probably doesn't deserve the benefit of a doubt I was giving him in the last post.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Propaganda Machine posted:

Hey, if anybody wants to confirm their vanilla towniness with their current reads of 20 pages of what the gently caress even is this, I'd really appreciate it.
With my opinions thrown in, sorry for lack of quotes ~effort~ and all

FV is interesting. I was prepared to write about how she got scared off her vote D2, but that was understandable cause and now she's voting ES so it's fine but.... nope. On reread, I realized I totally didn't notice a lot of questionable things about her bc I was focused elsewhere and I'm making a proper examination shortly.

MT was convinced of the Opop slip early and was granted a lot of goodwill as a result. Though she voted Rarity yesterday, she was one of the only people to put in the effort to do independent research into it and examine other suspects. Somewhat disappointingly, that's enough to get her to #1 on my town list. There's been a lot of support for her, particularly among flipped players. I feel that the love seems a little hyperbolic, and we are truly hosed if she’s scum given that she's received two gifts. But, again, I fully agree she comes off well.

Pig hammered Opop D1 against the wishes of Ram, then voted me D2 cause he didn’t like a gif I posted. He then ignored a question I asked him, admitted he hadn’t really read the thread, and peaced while leaving his vote on me when I was one of the 2 two obvious lynches. Currently voting WM. Probable scum.

DHD- I had to reread his posts for this list, very forgettable but came off better on reread. Votes Opop early on the scumslip, also questions ES's logic before it's cool. Also cased Hal for legitimate reasons D2, which again was one of the few independent thoughts that day. He votes Rarity near deadline and apparently forgets about Hal, but that's a thing that happens. Hasn't posted since. I'm gonna say he's better than average.

Max- I have thoughts about him, but who cares. I can’t vote him today and hope no one else does.

ES – D2, I cased him, MT cased him, FV cased him. D3 byers has been casing him. Real questionable internal logic both days, overtly shady play around D1 lynch. Currently voting me with no explanation, though I feel his level of thinking if town should be: rarity = good, then viva = good. Probable scum.

WM- D1 I cased him, Rarity cased him, Max cased him. Byers is currently casing him. Odd D1 play. He probably should have been a topic of discussion D2, but lying low after the D1 lynch worked out for him. Possible scum.

Hal/pm- Hal pegged opop D1. Hal voted ES D2. Probably town, I wish he had put in more effort.

Pm/byers- I’m gonna ignore PM here. I never had a strong feeling about her and byers is doing a lot more. I agree with everything he’s said about wm and es this morning (surprise!). He’s being dense about the lovers thing, but I don’t think we really need to discuss that anymore than we have until we know more about how wills work. I think he's gonna post more soon, so I'll reserve judgement.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

VivaNova posted:

Pig hammered Opop D1 against the wishes of Ram, then voted me D2 cause he didn’t like a gif I posted. He then ignored a question I asked him, admitted he hadn’t really read the thread, and peaced while leaving his vote on me when I was one of the 2 two obvious lynches. Currently voting WM. Probable scum.

What question?
If you think I'm scum
Then you dumb homie.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

VivaNova posted:

So you read EXAKT's posts around the lynch yesterday and thought "yup. that guy is posting as town would post."?

CapitalistPig posted:

Well, to be fair Ive barely read anything.

Ill look back at exakt when I get a chance (probably after work because Im on my last break now)
Aight, I guess you did answer, I recant that. But I could've died and you left your vote on me for a lovely reason for 2 days, I have a right to be pissed and suspect you as scum.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

VivaNova posted:

DHD votes Rarity near deadline
Correction: he never voted her, though he offered. Doesn't make a difference, imo.

So here's the deal with FV:

When I started making that list FV was my #2 town but now I suspect that goodwill was largely from making cases I agreed with. When I reread I noticed some interesting anomalies:

1. She's an opop/defender but doesn't get cased D2.

She voted WM before the scumslip and never budged. This is all fine, there were legit reasons to vote WM D1.She spent a good chunk of time D1 arguing with diqnol about his dismissal of WM and doing a light defense of Opop. Here's her final post on the topic:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I honestly don't understand your position in this argument. If he's experienced enough to know what gets jumped on then why would he do it as town either?

Also, you think you've caught Opop on a scum slip. Isn't he too experienced to be that careless?

Your logic is making my brain hurt and I don't think you are being consistent, but I'm about to go to bed so I'll follow up later.

Of the D1 WM voters, how the hell does she appear to have gotten a free pass D2!? OK, a big part is that town hero diqnol suspected rarity/myself in his will. But even Max, who diqnol pegs as town, has received more pushback over his D1 play than FV. She's slipped totally under the radar of the "WM push was a scum distraction" faction, which was the majority faction D2 and that seems super odd. And yes, D2 is long and super painful for me to read. If I am missing someone who threw suspicion on her, please show me.

In summary: FV was a straight D1 WM vote/Opop defender. She argued newbie scum stuff with Rarity against Diqnol. She was more convinced of WM over Opop than Max and I were. Yet she took less heat than all three of us. Why?

2. She's also one of the posters who does this at the beginning of D2:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I also think WM is very likely town since that's where Opop stuck his vote.

3. Backing off ES vote.

She was the first to seriously case exakt (not a popular pick at the time). But then she got scared cause Rarity voted him shortly before deadline. At first I thought that was understandable, but now I'm rethinking that. Why WOULDN'T town Rarity vote for ES for no reason if she thought she was the obvious target, as she said she did? Why would that scare you off yourself-described top pick? FV, I would like you to defend that action. She's voting him now, but idk if that means so much.

I have a suspicion that she's scum with ES. ES was obsessed with people who didn't vote opop D2, but somehow missed her. She cased him on a day when the vibe was very strongly in a different direction and abandoned the vote for a questionable reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Now then. I would like someone to tell me why Exakt shouldn't be killed today.

• Locked thread