Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh poo poo I'm already in there. Arghhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Oxxidation posted:

You're really nasty and confrontational and you never know when to shut up? It's not exactly subtle.

Nasty and confrontational? Sure you got the right person? Either way, I'll work on it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

every poster is the worst poster in the thread

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
:siren: Final Fantasy Record Keeper thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710437 :siren:

Though it's still probably going to get mentioned here at times so anyone who hates Final Fantasy ~mobile games~ in their Final Fantasy Megathread will just have to suck it up.

How Rude posted:

If one of you record keeper players want to make a new thread though that would be cool, especially if you post an OP that has information about the game and answers frequently asked questions so people don't have to dig around in the Final Fantasy thread or keep asking them.

Done.

e:

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh poo poo I'm already in there. Arghhh

Hope you leveled Kain (I think jump works on them?) and Rydia.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 1, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Himuro posted:

Pretty good, honey. You know how to toss some shade unlike these basic plebians like Oxxidation. Too bad I lost that weight the second I stopped playing video games. Video games aren't as serious as you think; it's just a video game. Either the mmo or ftp mobile game are a waste of time despite what you think towards a game you haven't even played. You keep mentioning story when not all games need story. You compare an mmo - games that literally require hundreds of hours to get anywhere - to a game that's on your phone. Face it, you have no winning argument in this race, only your preferences, and one from something you haven't even experienced.

Keep watching those videos of a free game, dude.

Lol.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey Fungah can you go to PSP and make a thread for the wwe supercard skinner box thing so people stop talking about it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

epitasis posted:

hey Fungah can you go to PSP and make a thread for the wwe supercard skinner box thing so people stop talking about it

make it your own drat self, i'm on lunch

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

epitasis posted:

To be fair to bad cellphone games that is at least better than the last 2k console wrasslin game.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Okay, Triple Triad Mobile. It's pretty good. It's Triple Triad.

You have three difficulties: easy, normal, and hard. At the beginning you're locked in easy mode.

Rules return. So far, the rules I've played are as follows:

- same
- open
- three open
- one pick per win

So far, it's standard TT. Even has the same music, FF8 victory theme and all.

More impressions later. I haven't played online yet because I'm stocking up cards before I give it a try.

It's pretty fun. Here's hoping it's brought overseas, but I really don't think you need to know Japanese at any level to play it. Give it a shot, it's free.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 1, 2015

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I like Type-0 and I'm still playing it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

:siren: Final Fantasy Record Keeper thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710437 :siren:

Though it's still probably going to get mentioned here at times so anyone who hates Final Fantasy ~mobile games~ in their Final Fantasy Megathread will just have to suck it up.

Done.

e:

Hope you leveled Kain (I think jump works on them?) and Rydia.

I went in with neither but Rydia is a bit leveled. Gave her thunder and thundera, rank 3 and 2 and hopefully it's enough.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Himuro posted:

It's pretty fun. Here's hoping it's brought overseas, but I really don't think you need to know Japanese at any level to play it. Give it a shot, it's free.

It's almost certainly going to be, since they explicitly stated that they're going to tie it into FFXIV.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Not hard to figure out what happened. FfT-0 hits and it's a meh port of a meh game and there's that FFXV demo and that's cool I guess and whoops Bloodborne's out catch you later shitlords.

Meanwhile, everyone without a next gen system gets a free to pay game that looks not terrible, so thats where the convo goes. Maybe i'll give it a try if the grind isn't as bad as PaD's or something.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Type 0 was impressive for a PSP game, and was sort of a full realization of FF8's aesthetic/throwback to the PS1 era, but it's a lot less interesting on the PS4.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Himuro posted:

Pretty good, honey. You know how to toss some shade unlike these basic plebians like Oxxidation. Too bad I lost that weight the second I stopped playing video games. Video games aren't as serious as you think; it's just a video game. Either the mmo or ftp mobile game are a waste of time despite what you think towards a game you haven't even played. You keep mentioning story when not all games need story. You compare an mmo - games that literally require hundreds of hours to get anywhere - to a game that's on your phone. Face it, you have no winning argument in this race, only your preferences, and one from something you haven't even experienced.

Keep watching those videos of a free game, dude.

Can you change the thread title to a post because lol

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

It would probably help if I took them on with YRP instead of monster teams I guess, but both of them are still a pain in the rear end. Cactuar wearing Adamantite can survive Shady Duo's Ultima just fine, but it unfortunately doesn't have the damage output to take them out before getting wiped out.

Creatures definitely aren't as versatile as YRP, but they can be pretty powerful if you grind enough, yeah. Usually for me the tonberry is easier to deal with than Shady Duo

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
In "FFXIV does nostalgia right" category, they just changed the music that plays when you ride the Magitek Armor mount around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRV3sEgxa28

There's a whole lotta people riding their armor around post patch. I am one of them.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Tortolia posted:

In "FFXIV does nostalgia right" category, they just changed the music that plays when you ride the Magitek Armor mount around.

There's a whole lotta people riding their armor around post patch. I am one of them.

I... need to resubscribe. Goddammit XIV. You keep pulling me in.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So is that mobile triple triad thing an april fools joke or what? Because I loved triple triad to death like everyone else and I would play japanese triple triad to death. Or does it cost yen?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Tortolia posted:

That's cool, I was disappointed it wasn't this to begin with.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Tortolia posted:

This is a permanent change? Amazing. I don't know if I can ever get back in to the game though. The ease of traveling around in GW2 has spoiled me immensely.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nuebot posted:

So is that mobile triple triad thing an april fools joke or what? Because I loved triple triad to death like everyone else and I would play japanese triple triad to death. Or does it cost yen?

It shouldn't be. When TT was announced for FFXIV someone (YoshiP I think?) said they were also looking at having it on a mobile app. They wanted it to share the deck with your FF14 account but doing an April Fools joke of something that has been annouced as a thing being worked on would be really, really dumb.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Nuebot posted:

Dude it's real and free. Download here if you have iOS.

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/fainarufantajipotaruapuri/id933144512?mt=8

Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.ffportal.googleplay

Even if you don't have access to JP app store, if you're on a computer you should see this link. Scroll through the pics on the page I linked and you'll see TT among the pics. It's real and I've been playing it.

It's real as gently caress:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sakurazuka posted:

every poster is the worst poster in the thread

nah

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So triple triad is pretty rad. They sure love using the Plus rule though.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Nuebot posted:

So triple triad is pretty rad. They sure love using the Plus rule though.

Early TT was like that in FFXIV, it's actually very helpful against stronger decks.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Saigyouji posted:

We should just use the thread to talk about Treasure of the Rudras instead. Maybe Bahamut Lagoon too.

is... is this actually an option? Because I cannot even begin to tell you how much I would love to talk about Bahamut Lagoon.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

CeallaSo posted:

is... is this actually an option? Because I cannot even begin to tell you how much I would love to talk about Bahamut Lagoon.

Talk about anything, even Bravely Default. Just use loving spoiler tags. :)

This really is the Square-Enix megathread.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Speaking of, while signing up for the stupid square-enix ID thing I learned they remade Dragon Quest Monsters 2 for the 3DS and it probably won't ever get brought over. I am super disappointed in Square right now.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Let's Talk About Front Mission! Or let's not.

So it's pretty obvious that I really really really like tactical RPGs. My friends are all excited over Bloodborne, and I'm thinking "man I can't wait to get home and customize some more robots in my quest to find these nukes-that-aren't-nukes."

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

CeallaSo posted:

Let's Talk About Front Mission! Or let's not.

So it's pretty obvious that I really really really like tactical RPGs. My friends are all excited over Bloodborne, and I'm thinking "man I can't wait to get home and customize some more robots in my quest to find these nukes-that-aren't-nukes."

Lets, I know literally nothing about this series but I love customizing robots. I would like to subscribe to your news letter.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Lets, I know literally nothing about this series but I love customizing robots. I would like to subscribe to your news letter.

The first newsletter is just 72 point impact font BUY FRONT MISSION 3

Front Mission 4 isn't as good but any game where half the plot is 3 Kings is 100% ok in my book.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

What consoles are they on and is the PC one any good?

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
Front Mission 3 is PS1, which means you can get it on PS3 and Vita. Front Mission 5 is supposedly the best one; I wouldn't know, I've never played it. But it looks really awesome, and a translated and subbed version apparently exists somewhere out in the aether. I've been told that if you have a computer that is capable of running it and like TRPGs and customizable giant robots you are obligated to play it. I really want to, but my PC can't quite handle it as-is. The PC game, Front Mission Evolved, is not a Front Mission game and you should not play it. It doesn't play anything like the other ones and lacks the intense plot that is part of what makes the series interesting. It also lacks the complex robot RPG elements which are the other part of what makes the series interesting.

Basically if you have a PS3 or Vita pick up FM3 for 6bux and decide whether the series is something you can get into or not. I think it's really awesome, but I'm a giant sperglord who likes numbers and robots and tense wartime narratives.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Nuebot posted:

is the PC one any good?

Evolved? No. God no.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I dimly remember FM3 having the incredibly charming in-game internet for some reason.

I dug into that game pretty hard, but eventually the pace of combat and the sheer number of fights wore me down and I didn't finish it.

I think there were two separate stories through the game too! Been a long time though, so I don't remember details.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

victrix posted:

I dimly remember FM3 having the incredibly charming in-game internet for some reason.

I dug into that game pretty hard, but eventually the pace of combat and the sheer number of fights wore me down and I didn't finish it.

I think there were two separate stories through the game too! Been a long time though, so I don't remember details.

Yeah the best fake Internet I have ever seen. 2 totally different campaigns depending on if you go to a bar with your friend or not, you end up joining the opposing faction in each.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Bahamut Lagoon is pretty nice in that it's Fire Emblem except all of your units is a four-man party and each battle between two units is basically a round of FF-style combat. There are different jobs similar to FF that have abilities both in and out of battle (you can use out-of-battle damage abilities to weaken enemies and even change the map, like using ice magic to freeze water). There's strategy in grouping same jobs together to boost them or spreading them out for variety. And of course you can talk to all your NPC companions between chapters, though since there's several dozen of them most only get a little bit of development, but it's still nice.

And of course each unit also has a dragon that is very useful for weakening units, though they're controlled by AI (you can choose their general behavior though, like "Go attack" or "Stay back"). Each dragon can upgrade in different ways and learn different abilities, to the point where you can make the protagonist's dragon literally invincible. And I'm pretty sure each dragon boosts the party it's attached to in different ways (but I could be wrong on that, it's been a long time since I played).

Story is actually pretty interesting by late-SNES RPG standards. It starts off as a bog-standard rebellion-vs.-empire story, though they do mix things up a bit in a couple areas. I liked it well enough. Translation was pretty solid too, which is to be expected since Tomato (of Mother 3 fame) worked on it.

Definitely worth a try if you're into strategy RPGs.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I just want to point out that the best part about having a proper Record Keeper thread is that it's super helpful for people who actually want to play that game, and having all that information tied up in the middle of another megathread is actually really inconvenient so Fungah! was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
I'm glad people are enjoying Record Keeper. Much better than All the Bravest.

There was a stream detailing Mevius Final Fantasy (localized as Mobius Final Fantasy?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2jI3y1gTP0 (Starts at 7 minutes)

It will be a F2P game with in-app purchases. It's aimed at mobile devices with higher specs. Even with reused FFXIII assets, it's very unusual for a F2P game to have this level of production values. It'll be interesting how they monetize it since a lot of notable SE staff is working on the game.