Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

TG-Chrono posted:

I watched 360 and Rubbo was wearing French cuffs without cufflinks and stammered through about a dozen triple syllable words. He's definitely part of the "aspirational class" and represents the readership of his shitrag with aplomb and eloquence.

the photo of him with his teeth out was class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

TG-Chrono posted:

I watched 360 and Rubbo was wearing French cuffs without cufflinks and stammered through about a dozen triple syllable words. He's definitely part of the "aspirational class" and represents the readership of his shitrag with aplomb and eloquence.

Commonly held opinion suggests he left the borderline part of alcoholic behind a long time ago.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Checking out the coaches roundtable now, since Gerard Whateley talking to Clarkson and Longmire does sound pretty boss even if the scott brothers are in the room too

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Gough Suppressant posted:

is it just me or is jobe watson morphing to look more and more like james hird

jesus gently caress mark robinson is such a piece of poo poo gently caress me

"before today, james hird hasn't had the ability to apologise because he has been gagged by the club. There has only been one person that has accepted responsibility for what happened at Essendon, and that has been Hird"

"There’s no more emphatic two words in the English language than not guilty. Actually, there might be. One starts with G and the other with F and Hird might want to scream them from the rafters."

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Looking forward to the reception Hird and the Injectors get in rounds 6 and 11. Should be worth watching if the last time is anything to go by.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

gay picnic defence posted:

"There’s no more emphatic two words in the English language than not guilty. Actually, there might be. One starts with G and the other with F and Hird might want to scream them from the rafters."

GLUUUTEEEN FREEEEEEEEE

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
cross-posting from D&D

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Game Day!

Blues by 3 goals. I'll be there tonight.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Don't forget to do your Supercoach teams, a couple goons haven't done theirs yet, and the server crashes a few hours before the first game every year under the weight of people who forgot to get it done earlier.

Better to get a team in and not be able to set emergencies according to the 6pm team lists than to miss out completely.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Don't forget to do your Supercoach teams, a couple goons haven't done theirs yet, and the server crashes a few hours before the first game every year under the weight of people who forgot to get it done earlier.

Better to get a team in and not be able to set emergencies according to the 6pm team lists than to miss out completely.

only just realised my ultimate footy team drafted beau waters and had him starting, so thanks for this.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

NTRabbit posted:

Frawley or Higgins??

Mummy or Ryder??

gently caress this special time of year.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I do what any sane person does, and mine the Supercoach rookie thread on big footy for the best rookie options from people with no lives. Once you get all the rookies and bargains and Gary Ablett in, the rest get a lot easier to pick

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
sam frost is a good pick imo and also if you have no morals mitch clark is the most obvious pick in history

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

thepokey posted:

Frawley or Higgins??

Mummy or Ryder??

gently caress this special time of year.

Higgins will be a safe pick. He's going to be playing in a more natural role as a HFF and will probably move up the wing as a linkman.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
also Frawley will probably do okay, but I don't think I'd be expecting him to collect big stats in the short term. My guess is they'll use him purely defensively until he properly gels with the rest of the defence, but at his best he had some really good speed.

Keeping pace with Jetta on the wing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIHXmN9E5zs

fake edit: that scoreline :chanpop: Those were the days, belting the poo poo out of every interstate team at the G and being unable to beat a single victorian team other than richmond.

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 1, 2015

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
Does anyone know an AFL :filez: website?

Instead of watching the Richmond demolition of Carlton tomorrow I will be watching New Japan Pro Wrestling instead but I want to avoid all results and watch the game on the plane home on Saturday.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Graic Gabtar posted:

And so it will begin. Another season of disappointment for me.

Ahahahaahhah Tg-Chrono look he's one of you!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Pity we managed to split the leagues, because we have 17 teams in total between the two. Goons gotta goon.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Testekill posted:

Higgins will be a safe pick. He's going to be playing in a more natural role as a HFF and will probably move up the wing as a linkman.

New supercoach player spotted

pkid posted:

Instead of watching the Richmond demolition of Carlton tomorrow I will be watching New Japan Pro Wrestling instead but I want to avoid all results and watch the game on the plane home on Saturday.

I heard rumours of a dude. An afl dude.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

New supercoach player spotted

Well he played 20-odd games last year. I ask as both players are at new clubs, both roughly the same price, both fwd swap options and both similar scores avgeraged last year. So even though they're quite different players, still a decision. But leaning towards Higgins.

Mummy is a fair price and more injury prone but he racks those scores up. Ryder will play more, score a bit less/less consistency, is cheaper and going to be surrounded by a successful team.

Wasn't something changed with the scoring in hit outs this year?

And yeah Id still have been up for combining the 2 leagues. My question before about it wasn't so much that it's extra work being in two leagues, but that some people couldn't get into the Goon Splash league so not all together.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

pkid posted:

aussierul dot es

Saved me big time while living in Scotland.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Game day :kheldragar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYN4-CAW-b8

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

quote:

The Tribunal comfortably accepted:

Charter purchased what he believed to be TB4 and arranged to have it sent to Alavi;

Alavi believed that what he was compounding was TB4;

Alavi dispensed 26 vials of a substance he believed to be TB4 to Dank;

Correspondence between Alavi and Dank regarding “thymosin” refers to TB4;

And Alavi’s lab technician Vania Giordani compounded 15 vials of a substance she believed to be TB4 for Mr Dank.

But at every stage the Tribunal failed to be comfortably satisfied that what was purported to be was in fact Thymosin Beta 4.

It notes on multiple occasions: “It is possible but the Tribunal is not comfortably satisfied.”

The Tribunal wasn’t convinced that the substance in the first batch from China was TB4 or that a second shipment even existed.

As for what came into Alavi’s possession and was then delivered to Dank experts for both sides agreed the substance was not Thymosin A1, which had subsequently been claimed.

So basically if your club is going to engage in a large scale process of doping your players, for gods sake under no circumstances actually test the substance you're shoving in them to establish definitively what it is. If you don't do that you can always argue you might have just been shooting them up with draino for all you know, regardless of your intention.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It's been a long... looong summer. Richmond by 17.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Kevin Bartlett "As a member of Carlton, I'm concerned about our team (insert list changes) Richmond will win by 102pts"
:jerkbag:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

So basically if your club is going to engage in a large scale process of doping your players, for gods sake under no circumstances actually test the substance you're shoving in them to establish definitively what it is. If you don't do that you can always argue you might have just been shooting them up with draino for all you know, regardless of your intention.

If that's what they found and still didn't convict, then WADA and CAS are going to overturn that in about 20 minutes of oral arguments.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

ON THE ROAD TO THE HOLY WHOPPER

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
As much as they should be a better side than Carlton, I can never feel comfortable tipping Richmond to win.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Historically it's a pretty close matchup, but Carlton will regress even more this year in my eyes. Their lack of a forward line is a worry.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Since we're on the subject, I know a good heap of you have already done so, but there are a heap who haven't.

GET YOUR TIPS IN
GET YOUR TIPS IN
GET YOUR TIPS IN
GET YOUR GODDAMN FLAMING TIPS IN

I AM LOOKING AT YOU, PEOPLE WHO HAVE LOGGED IN TO THE SITE SINCE THE START OF THE YEAR BUT HAVEN'T SET THEIR TIPS

"Chris Strods"
eastsideboy
ewe2
Chairchucker
thepokey
"Lloyd Wilson"
Frogmanv2
glasnost toyboy
Part 2 (who I am assume is ptizzle from the email address)

If you're new here, the details are thus:

http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/SASTips

Password is goons

OK if you miss tonight you can still get the rest of the round in tomorrow so don't throw in the towel. Not like there's anything hanging on it. I've just had two cups of coffee (no peptides or PEDs or anything, promise) and I'm superkeen about everything.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

More or less, but there is a better summary on The Age that explains it a bit better than some butthurt ASADA fan on Big Footy: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-essendon-verdict-the-inside-story-of-the-antidoping-tribunal-hearing-20150331-1mc2nb.html

Also it looks like having lost the trial by tribunal, ASADA is going for a trial by media by giving exclusive interviews with The Age.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

More or less, but there is a better summary on The Age that explains it a bit better than some butthurt ASADA fan on Big Footy: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-essendon-verdict-the-inside-story-of-the-antidoping-tribunal-hearing-20150331-1mc2nb.html

Also it looks like having lost the trial by tribunal, ASADA is going for a trial by media by giving exclusive interviews with The Age.

What I posted was from Gerard Whateley's piece in the Hun having gone through the ruling in full. Hardly a 'butthurt asada fan on big footy", or a trial by media through exclusive interviews.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Done. Im not going to ruin my toxx in the first round! Although my tips will still probably do that.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Dustin Martin has been named in the midfield, which is what I was hoping for when I picked him early in both of my UF comps. Just hope he can do the work, now.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

What I posted was from Gerard Whateley's piece in the Hun having gone through the ruling in full. Hardly a 'butthurt asada fan on big footy", or a trial by media through exclusive interviews.

Whately also went through the ruling on 360 last night both while Rubbo tried to work the valve on his goonbag.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Yeah, I'm going to watch that when I finish this assignment.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

As much as they should be a better side than Carlton, I can never feel comfortable tipping Richmond to win.

I hate this game against Carlton so much I scheduled my holiday to make sure I was out of the country when it took place.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
Tonight m8s, footy is back. FOOOOOOOOTYYY

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
:siren::siren::siren:5 hours to go:siren::siren::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

This game kills me. Carlton are the worst. Like actually, objectively they're the worst because they're Carlton. But, Richmond aren't much better and it is brilliant watching Tigers fans after a big loss to start the season. Im always in a bind about who I want to lose!

• Locked thread