Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

poo poo went down after I went to bed. First impression is why the hell is everyone voting Keane? I get at least PMom, Narc, and Merk, but everyone else being really reckless here. I really think we need our flip first. I voted no hang and we should stick with that, because frankly then we can fully decide which claimed cop to trust. At this point we're cutting off fingers in the dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

On the re-read:

merk posted:

I'm not going to address a theory that requires me to get anywhere near claiming. I'm telling you I'm town-aligned. My content speaks for itself.

That's hypocritical because you asked Keane to claim and he did so far earlier than would've been required. The cases on him amount to him lying about being a cop and tunneling on the masonry kids, that's not good enough to have him voted off.

How likely it is for a game of 21 to have multiple cops? And if there are can we assume some to be faulty?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I looked back to see his play with Jedit. He low-balls him a couple of questions and votes him 3rd to last. Keane also throws suspicion on Quandary on D1 and then ignores him completely D2. Ok. His vote on Jedit can completely be read as a scum vote, it's in the right place and it's made after it's seen Narc won't be executed. He pretty much ignores Quandary afterwards, but seeing as we still haven't got our Quandary flip I don't want to use that as a point.

I don't think Keane's played a scum game and his frustration over this latest phase reads genuine and as Ernie points out makes no sense. 1 possible scummy vote on Jedit is not enough to want me to vote until the necessary information revealed from Quandary's flip, which will more solidly place Keane's alignment. We have the advantage of Lights out, we can take out everyone we want tomorrow if necessary why be so obtuse about this?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Welp we missed deadline. Guess it's no lynch. Sucks since keane was at -1 and I'm still pretty convinced he's scum

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The townies grabbed Quandary and dragged him to the gallows. They put the noose around his neck and let him fall - SNAP he went. However, as his body hung limply on the rope, it started to... smoke. Soon a fire from inside Quandary's corpse bursts out, and in seconds his entire corpse has disappeared into ashes and smoke (yet the rope attached to him remains untouched). While this is very peculiar, it also means Quandary's identity remains unknown.

:s: Quandary, ???, ??? (???-aligned), was executed Day 2. :s:

Night 2! Send in those actions.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
As the sun rises on a new day, the town awakens to find new death. The only one unaccounted for is QuoProQuid, whose body sits in his bed, a crossbow bolt lodged in his skull. His corpse has been further desecrated, however, and his home emptied of anything which would identify him. What's most strange are two huge gashes in his back, as if he had limbs there that were violently ripped out. Overall it is a very bloody experience and most of the townspeople are happy enough just to leave the area without vomiting.

:s: QuoProQuid, ???, ??? (???-aligned ???), was shot night 2. :s:

It is now Day 3.
:h: 16 alive, 9 votes to execute.
:d: Day 3 deadline: Sunday, April 5th, ~11PM EST.

Note that I have made a mistake with the night 1 flip. It has been corrected.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

That's annoying.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

ugh :(

a lights out game with a janitor is almost meaningless

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I am severely upset with this game, and becoming slightly more serious about requesting a modkill.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh boy, nothing more fun than a janitor

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

we should ##vote no lynch in protest, since it's not like playing the game is going somewhere :eng99:

alternatively if quandary was scum, then keane's play yesterday is incompatible with knowing that the flip would be janitored

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ernie. posted:

we should ##vote no lynch in protest, since it's not like playing the game is going somewhere :eng99:

alternatively if quandary was scum, then keane's play yesterday is incompatible with knowing that the flip would be janitored

How do you figure that?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

How do you figure that?

i can't put it into coherent words, but i think scum who had 3 votes on them claiming cop when their scumbo's flip is going to be janitored isn't optimal play rather the scum would be quiet and wait to see who tilts when the flip is janitored so they start getting back ahead

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

And why wasn't D1/N1 janitored. Was it something we did as a collective unknowingly, or was it someone doing it on purpose. I honeslty don't like either of these options because they give me different reasons to be bleh about the game.

I propose, opposite to Eernie, that we should vote out everyone today if possible.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Man you guys really hate flipless mechanics.

I'd presume that there's some kind of investigative role to mitigate this, like a forensic doctor or oracle.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ernie. posted:

i can't put it into coherent words, but i think scum who had 3 votes on them claiming cop when their scumbo's flip is going to be janitored isn't optimal play rather the scum would be quiet and wait to see who tilts when the flip is janitored so they start getting back ahead

There was nothing optimal about Keane's claim. If he's town he shouldn't have claimed either.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

And why wasn't D1/N1 janitored. Was it something we did as a collective unknowingly, or was it someone doing it on purpose. I honeslty don't like either of these options because they give me different reasons to be bleh about the game.

i've been considering the implications of this and it makes sense that the scum only have limited shots of the janitor or can only janitor a day with a single flip (since ecco is the kind of mod that would try to force the town to act according to her ideals mechanically)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

I propose, opposite to Eernie, that we should vote out everyone today if possible.

D1 wasn't janitored, N1 was (retroactively, we shouldn't have seen winvirus flip).

Which makes it even weirder.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've never seen a role that can janitor a lynch flip.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

a worthy uhh posted:

Agreed.

I'm torn on Ernie because it could be a joke, or it could be a legitimate stupid 3pslip, but him coming back and saying "lol it was a joke", which he's going to do, doesn't take it back. We can't know for sure now and I am going to operate under the assumption that Ernie is 3P from now on.

a worthy uhh posted:

I can't reconcile that with the 3p-defense of Ernie early game. I will re-read PMom re: numerik, but I pegged PMom as KNOWING he was 3P from the outset

a worthy uhh posted:

WAS IT A SCUMSLIP

I am racking my brain here

a worthy uhh posted:

Isn't this predicated on Keane flipping town cop? Did you just slip?

AWU has a post-history of trying to seem like he's 'catching' things repeatedly but he never follows up on them.

His concern is with being seen as making cases, rather than actually catching scum with them.

The third posts here are about Ninth and Merk who have a wealth of posts each and it's easy to case them earnestly if necessary.

##unvote
##vote Me in Reverse

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Role blocked.

Sorry folks!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Did we ever clarify Jedit's role function? Was he a generic goon? One of those contract-killers from Arrentia?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

If only you hadn't claimed at -6 yesterday.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Did we ever clarify Jedit's role function? Was he a generic goon? One of those contract-killers from Arrentia?

wha

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

I would guess that a Hitman is a guy who can kill through doc protections or bypass trackers/watchers or something along those lines.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I dunno if the claim timing was so much the issue.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It's a lot easier to not get roleblocked when you don't claim cop on Day 2. Just sayin'.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Ninth Layer posted:

I would guess that a Hitman is a guy who can kill through doc protections or bypass trackers/watchers or something along those lines.

In the past Ecco just called the former an Assassin and I've always seem the latter as a Ninja. I'm thinking about it because it seems weird that, if Jedit was some kind of kill-plus role, it seems weird that the scum team would have another in the form of a janitor.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

It's a lot easier to not get roleblocked when you don't claim cop on Day 2. Just sayin'.

ninth enough :( the game is stagnating enough without the flips

let's leave the spill-over from d2's casing until later in the day at least? case someone else for one post even

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Their janitor is more than a kill+ since apparently they can keep lynched players from flipping too.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ernie. posted:

let's leave the spill-over from d2's casing until later in the day at least? case someone else for one post even

No I think I'll keep pursuing the suspicious guy who was one vote away from being lynched yesterday.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ernie. posted:

AWU has a post-history of trying to seem like he's 'catching' things repeatedly but he never follows up on them.

His concern is with being seen as making cases, rather than actually catching scum with them.

The third posts here are about Ninth and Merk who have a wealth of posts each and it's easy to case them earnestly if necessary.

##unvote
##vote Me in Reverse

Definitely cherry-pick five posts of mine and pretend like I haven't done anything else in this game

##vote Ernie

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

why would the scum janitor quandary's flip even if he was scum?

the only reason is that quandary's cuddle would give us information that the scum don't want us to have (since quandary was copped)

so either pmom and narc have something to do with the janitor or my chaoslord case from yesterday has merit and the scum were sick of being strung one after the other

Ernie. posted:

:siren: This case is predicated on Quandary flipping scum, so it is not vote-able today.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

a worthy uhh posted:

Definitely cherry-pick five posts of mine and pretend like I haven't done anything else in this game

##vote Ernie

you haven't. show me a case where you've properly cased someone instead of sniping at fluffy contradictions.

quote one such post if i'm so wrong

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ernie. posted:

Seriously we could have lynched Keane yesterday and then I wouldn't have to go after him again today. Then maybe we'd have another flip to go on and the game wouldn't be so stagnant.

Interesting how your first post today was going to bat for Keane on a nonsense argument and now you're imploring me no to keep pursuing him.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ernie. posted:

the only reason is that quandary's cuddle would give us information that the scum don't want us to have (since quandary was copped)

so either pmom and narc have something to do with the janitor or my chaoslord case from yesterday has merit and the scum were sick of being strung one after the other

"Why would the scum deny town information?" Really Ernie?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

I dunno, I think it's been pretty well proven that we can trust the third-party team.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

If I had a lynch janitor I would be spamming that poo poo at every opportunity.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think the power that makes sense for the janitor is "next X days' flips are janitored". That explains why Jedit and num weren't janitored, but the next three were. X might even have been 1, with Ecco screwing up on winvirus and giving them an extra janitor to compensate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

Seriously we could have lynched Keane yesterday and then I wouldn't have to go after him again today. Then maybe we'd have another flip to go on and the game wouldn't be so stagnant.

Interesting how your first post today was going to bat for Keane on a nonsense argument and now you're imploring me no to keep pursuing him.

what is even happening with you right now? you're so convinced keane is scum that i'm now scum? and you're casing me for defending keane even though both qpq and i did it a lot yesterday and qpq turned up dead today?

all this in a pseudo-flipless game where you can easily misjudge someone's content?

also, what? i made a case before that post directed at you.

• Locked thread