Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Wee Bairns posted:

Nice, shows the optimal route determined by trial and error (lots of error).

So much error.

Nah the optimal route is to go to the Del Perro pier, steal some jetskis and take the water the rest of the way up to the boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
God drat, so pissed. I have been trying to unlock the Savage for ages, and the one time I finally get to play the convoy mission, the pubbies in the game are loving idiots who pretty much just stood there and got shot to death. If I can finish that one mission, I wouldn't give a poo poo about anything else.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

blackguy32 posted:

God drat, so pissed. I have been trying to unlock the Savage for ages, and the one time I finally get to play the convoy mission, the pubbies in the game are loving idiots who pretty much just stood there and got shot to death. If I can finish that one mission, I wouldn't give a poo poo about anything else.

Same except I need the insurgents. I've spent god knows how long doing all the stupid setup missions for that heist over and over again. The pubbies always bail out after doing only 1 setup. No one joins heists when I host. Goons are rare on the Xbone when I'm on.

The worst part is once I finish the 3rd heist, they should all be unlocked for me as I've done everything except the actual Humane Lab Heist or whatever its called.

Prostheticfoot
Mar 27, 2002

A c E posted:

Same except I need the insurgents. I've spent god knows how long doing all the stupid setup missions for that heist over and over again. The pubbies always bail out after doing only 1 setup. No one joins heists when I host. Goons are rare on the Xbone when I'm on.

The worst part is once I finish the 3rd heist, they should all be unlocked for me as I've done everything except the actual Humane Lab Heist or whatever its called.

I'm Kamikazg0ldfish on xbl (it's a zero, not the letter O). Always looking for more LLJK goonery

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Grind contact missions instead

I do, four loading screens at a time :suicide:

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I'm not 100% certain, but I think my character is having an allergic reaction to a bee sting.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Aardmania posted:

I'm not 100% certain, but I think my character is having an allergic reaction to a bee sting.

Jesus Murphy! Were you bitten by Fred Armisen?

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Fun fact: drinking yourself unconscious doesn't count as a death in missions!

Also Base Invaders is a bullshit mission

Cute as heck fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 1, 2015

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Prostheticfoot posted:

I'm Kamikazg0ldfish on xbl (it's a zero, not the letter O). Always looking for more LLJK goonery

And I make three (GT: Stevo McQueen). If we can get a 4th and organise a time (I'm free all day/evening Sunday), we can likely smash through 'em as necessary.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Goonery sounds fun.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Aardmania posted:

Ha! Had this exact thing the other day.

I sent out more friend requests and added myself to that PS4 list in the OP, hopefully now I can make some headway into the Trevor heist. Every attempt at the boat mission was ruined either by no one joining or 12 year olds who can't understand "don't stand there and let people shoot you".

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Hope this gets another beefy update soon-ish, still can't do the Heists and free roam is just unfun armoured car fights :( Heists update made a few baby steps towards there being fun things to do in the world (daily objectives) but for the MMO-like persistent world they made Online sound like, there just isn't enough content in the year+ it's been out

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

StevoMcQueen posted:

And I make three (GT: Stevo McQueen). If we can get a 4th and organise a time (I'm free all day/evening Sunday), we can likely smash through 'em as necessary.

I can be the fourth. Just at me GT: Adregan and send me a message on xbone.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Cute as heck posted:

Its straight free money with an armored kuruma, just do it out of order and ground troops cant hurt you.

Ignore the plane, drive straight to the base and jump the fence. Destroy the lazers, get in chopper and leave, fly plane to destination helipad. Get out of chopper get in plane, get out of plane and get in chopper. As soon as you get back in chopper on helipad you win.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Speaking of armored cars, people have figured out how to get Trevor's Duke O' Death into GTA Online.

There's no way in hell I'm replaying GTA5 after getting platinum on the PS3 version but for you people who've taken the dive can get yourself a new toy.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Also, you can currently (it will be patched) go to your garage and get your Karuma for the final heist - these guys got the full $1.25m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA3PDfbM6pY

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I need two more xbros to run a heist with me and my non goon friend. Should be around 5pm central time. I will split this poo poo evenly, as I really have only done two heists and want some of that sweet mad-cap action. Gt is Beastie Bomber, any help is appreciated, and we have mics.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Aardmania posted:

Oh, excellent

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

geeves posted:

Also, you can currently (it will be patched) go to your garage and get your Karuma for the final heist - these guys got the full $1.25m

This is amazing, wanna do this today

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Policenaut posted:

Speaking of armored cars, people have figured out how to get Trevor's Duke O' Death into GTA Online.

There's no way in hell I'm replaying GTA5 after getting platinum on the PS3 version but for you people who've taken the dive can get yourself a new toy.

If all that's holding you back is playing until you get to Trevor I don't think you have to (unless that's part of the glitch) since you can grab it with anyone. Hell in my game Trevor is the only one that doesn't have the Duke O' Death.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Prostheticfoot posted:

Have you, don't think I've played when you've been on yet.

StevoMcQueen posted:

I normally work Sundays, but I have next week off and should be around.

Adregan posted:

I can be the fourth. Just at me GT: Adregan and send me a message on xbone.

Was missing you though. I'm not sure how, I'm fairly sure we've played together several times but maybe just because we are both in LLJK. I recognize the GT anyways. I've just added you (I'm Matazar).

geeves posted:

That's amazing. Time to move my Karuma away from the airport.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
Finally, after a good many attempts got my Insurgent today, I think I prefer the Kuruma though. I don't think there's anything more satisfying than stalking random players and if you're able to shoot out their tyres, do so repeatedly while following and playing clown-horn every time they skid out or crash, repeat every time they try jack a new car or until they blow you up.

cka
May 3, 2004

geeves posted:

I think this already got patched, I just tried it a couple of times and every single time it said "Heist Member Died" (it could've been one of the other people on the mission but I tried 3 times and every time it popped up when I tried to get into my garage, so it's a little more than a coincidence)

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Goddamnit, I wish we'd thought to try that the other night when we played until like 1:45am and could find neither Seasharks nor a boat :-/

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
iligan whats your username here? we should try the pacific standard heist with us going and grabbing a kuruma from my garage.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Goddamnit, I wish we'd thought to try that the other night when we played until like 1:45am and could find neither Seasharks nor a boat :-/

Just ride the bikes! It's not that hard! Use your brakes! be cautious instead of going balls out, there's no need to!

If everyone stays on the bikes there or no roadblocks and they never really shoot at you. You just have to be not totally poo poo at riding a bike.

cka
May 3, 2004

i flunked out posted:

iligan whats your username here? we should try the pacific standard heist with us going and grabbing a kuruma from my garage.

this is my username here, and yeah we can try that later tonight but I don't think it's going to work still

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

BitBasher posted:

Just ride the bikes! It's not that hard! Use your brakes! be cautious instead of going balls out, there's no need to!

If everyone stays on the bikes there or no roadblocks and they never really shoot at you. You just have to be not totally poo poo at riding a bike.

I've barked up this tree forever but nobody wants to accept it. Getting on the bike and following Lester's path is pretty much guaranteed success, and I don't even use the brakes until the mountain path.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

cka posted:

this is my username here, and yeah we can try that later tonight but I don't think it's going to work still

:smith:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

BitBasher posted:

I'm poo poo at everything :(((( But yeah hopefully over this holy-rear end weekend we'll get to give it another shot and I can finish that heist. That'll leave me with just the Humane Labs raid to do before I can give it a rest and happily go on freemode rampages with the rest of y'all.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

I'm on PS4 if anyone needs someone to ride bikes and not gently caress up. Increases your odds by 25%! :v:

Slim Killington posted:

I've barked up this tree forever but nobody wants to accept it. Getting on the bike and following Lester's path is pretty much guaranteed success, and I don't even use the brakes until the mountain path.

This but gently caress the mountain path, make a left before the ambush tress bridge and drive the bike straight to the boat.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I had a hell of a time the first few attempts on the motorcycle part of the finale then the seas parted and the cops got way easier and I breezed through. Maybe I was behind everyone else?I haven't tried it a second time.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Reverse Centaur posted:

I had a hell of a time the first few attempts on the motorcycle part of the finale then the seas parted and the cops got way easier and I breezed through. Maybe I was behind everyone else?I haven't tried it a second time.

If anyone gets in a car or doubles up on a bike it gets a good deal harder for everyone because it dramatically changes cop spawns. Everyone needs to stay on bikes. One rear end in a top hat moron doing it "The easy way" fucks everyone in the rear end.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Well, I have learned that the trick to dealing with R* support is to just be firm and persistent. For some reason when I transferred my character, all my cars in my garage disappeared, including my Stinger GT. I contacted support and they gave me a questionnaire that I filled out. They came back with "we can't verify the problem. Sorry." When I questioned that, they gave me $100,000. When I said "thanks I guess, it just sucks that the 850,000 vehicle that I worked hard to get because money is a pain to get in this game is gone" they gave me $900,000 more. So problem solved. I now have enough money to get the GT again.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I want to do some heistin' tonight.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

bisticles posted:

I could be into that. On atm, just scrounging for money after the jet+kuruma hosed my bank account

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

bisticles posted:

Me too. PS4, powerswift. my own personal heisting stuff is in the middle of series A but i'll do whatever. it's just too frustrating with randoms because there's always one guy who thinks standing out in the open trying to take a heli out with the pistol is a good idea.

edit: if we can get 4 together, maybe we could try a fast run through prison break.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 2, 2015

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Cute as heck posted:

Fun fact: drinking yourself unconscious doesn't count as a death in missions!

Yeah I was probably one bottle of Pisswasser away from being an unconscious floater dumped out of the back of the boat (like you) but seeing that "I AM ALIVE" text pop on the screen last night was hilarious.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Who's Ranacher? Hope those two pubbies we ran that heist finale with weren't friends of yours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

BitBasher posted:

If anyone gets in a car or doubles up on a bike it gets a good deal harder for everyone because it dramatically changes cop spawns. Everyone needs to stay on bikes. One rear end in a top hat moron doing it "The easy way" fucks everyone in the rear end.

Not if you're the guy out in front. The guy way out in front of everyone else gets like, one cop spawn every 20 seconds and no gunfire.

Also I will heist with anyone and everyone tonight and probably even pay attention between Pillars of Eternity fights.

• Locked thread