Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

aers posted:

https://twitter.com/shirobako_anime/status/583649354293981185

Also Shirobako is selling about 40% of what UBW is selling before anyone gets any crazy ideas.

An anime original selling 40% of an adaptation of a franchise as huge as fate is still pretty amazing.

But yea, that the first season of SHIROBAKO was greenlighted in the first place is kind of astonishing. Anime original, 2 cour, and no blockbuster names attached. Generally that doesn't happen.

Greenlighting a second season is a no-brainer in comparison, especially if they have the content in mind. My guess is that it won't be as soon as we want it, because there's no real pressing reason to push it out the door and if they were going to there would have been a stronger hook in the finale. There's advantages of having more prep time, and it'll probably be a better show that way, so I'm willing to wait. I don't really know, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I kinda don't want a season 2 to happen. At least, not for a number of years, until we can have a new series about how the anime industry has changed in 2020 or so.

Feoffic
Feb 13, 2012

Fangz posted:

I kinda don't want a season 2 to happen. At least, not for a number of years, until we can have a new series about how the anime industry has changed in 2020 or so.

Yeah, I'd like to see the series pick up after the fall-out from Musani's adaptation of Two Piece and the passion project, and be 100% focused on the girls and their passion project instead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think a shirobako movie would be really good. Hell, it could be about making an anime movie.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i want an epilogue episode where we see who all the girls get married to

Diesel-san and Hiraoka.

Aoi and Nabe-P husband and wife super producer team.

Ema marries a salaryman and now only draws in her free time but she is happy.

the 3D artist girl and Yano.

Zuka-chan-senpai is alone.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

Diesel-san and Hiraoka.

Hmm, I dunno, Hiraoka and Taruo tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i want an epilogue episode where we see who all the girls get married to

Diesel-san and Hiraoka.

Aoi and Nabe-P husband and wife super producer team.

Ema marries a salaryman and now only draws in her free time but she is happy.

the 3D artist girl and Yano.

Zuka-chan-senpai is alone.

I get married to Zuka, actually.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aoi x Tarou obviously

aers
Feb 15, 2012

I see you're gungho about enforcing Japanese societal norms upon these young women

And that tweet was just the official account pretending episode 25 aired (since it would have a few hours ago)

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Don't wanna be a christmas cake

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

Hmm, I dunno, Hiraoka and Taruo tho

someone didnt pick up on all that tension between the two

----------------

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I honestly just saw that as Hiraoka being an rear end to Diesel that wasn't cool he needs to apologize

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The only obvious match ups are Taro x Hiraoka, Aoi x Yano, and Zuka x beer.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Yes, Zuka-chan-senpai will never be alone while she has alcohol.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Spiritus Nox posted:

The only obvious match ups are Taro x Hiraoka, Aoi x Yano, and Zuka x beer.

Honda x Director. I still believe!

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

aoi's sister is going to marry tarou. she will be wooed by his big city charm and his can do attitude

----------------

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fangz posted:

The Fat Alliance was broken long ago.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I just want more of the same stuff. I'd rather have a season 2, but if a movie is all we get then fine. :colbert:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Fangz posted:

+ the drawing chick and the retard

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

+ the drawing chick and the retard

You're marrying the drawing chick?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yikes

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

ohhhhh

oooohhhhhh

ohohohohohoohhhhh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IknAuxUwx7k

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

lol

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

jrdbnta posted:

Yeah, I'd like to see the series pick up after the fall-out from Musani's adaptation of Two Piece and the passion project, and be 100% focused on the girls and their passion project instead.

I wouldn't mind a meta first half where they're producing a second season of a series, except the S1 is from another company.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Hahahahaha

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Holy poo poo this show was good. And it's selling well in Japan? Faith in Japanese anime fandom restored, somewhat.

Were the TV stations/studios in the last episode modeled off real ones? I could see it being the case.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

quote:

"Shirobako" - P.A. Works' Next Failure

P.A. Works has announced its latest upcoming anime, and it doesn’t look good – not that there’s any image out yet, but the series “Shirobako” is starting in two months, with a first PV due out at Comiket 86.
The website created for this latest original animation is all white, but everything that’s written on it screams Tari Tari and Glasslip. First, the show will start in October of this very year, which is not reassuring as only the creations of lowest quality air such a short time after their original announcement.
Furthermore, P.A. Works’ schedule is tight for this one. A first video look at what this strangely-named anime is about will be on show at the next Comiket, which is only a few days from now. And where there’s little time, there’s generally a small budget, and all that results in a very poor final work.
Shirobako being such an abstract name, any newcomer might believe the forthcoming discovery of the show holds some kind of interest – yet this is P.A. Works we’re talking about, and knowing them, it’ll probably just be another angsty adolescent series… with lots of romance and annoying characters, who only take the most incomprehensibly moronic actions.
There’s no way this is looking good, and it’s impossible to think of any potential positives here as it seems like a work thought up at the very last minute under the pressure of the financial obligation to get something out for the fall season.
P.A. Works are definitely one of the more respectable studios out there, and perhaps the only one who always works on original creations – it’s sad to see that they prefer to repeat the same kind of story all over again in order to produce more quantity while letting the quality of their shows drop gradually yet inevitably, instead of taking their time to create more series on par with the likes of Hanasaku Iroha.
It’s evident they have the talent to do so, but apparently taking advantage of those capacities is not part of their plan unfortunately, as the increasing frequency with which they release new anime series tells us.

lmao

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

So what's the source?

edit: ethics in anime journalism

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Some dumb blog. It's hilarious how completely wrong it is. And I remember reading it while looking for some first information about this show. Made me a bit worried actually.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Checked the blog's tag for the show and they have an entire post calling out the scene in the second half that mirrors the first episode as cheap, and some other posts hating on the show. There's also posts about a hug pillow and two posts about pin up in a magazine.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

What a piece of poo poo. It pretty clear they went into it hating it and, proven completely wrong about their baseless assumptions, decided to continue hating it out of spite.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I came across that blog once, dude seems to have some weird animosity towards PA Works. It's pretty funny how he denies the possibility of people liking the show and attributes its success entirely to those magazine pinups most anime seem to get.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I like how every single one of his assumptions are completely off base.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

seventhstyle is a very popular blog ran by world's biggest pedophile and it's probably not worth discussing

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Reading a blog about anime is a mistake.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Shirobako is Cool And Good and I'm sad there isn't another episode coming out today. :smith:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Budget Prefuse posted:

seventhstyle is a very popular blog ran by world's biggest pedophile and it's probably not worth discussing

What type of things does this awful person like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

What type of things does this awful person like?

, apparently.

• Locked thread