Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bloodborne's transforming weapons are the coolest poo poo ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
They got the Kirkhammer so the lp is perfect now by my standards.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I kind of wish they'd change their equipment up more, instead of always going for the biggest slowest weapon, one set of armor and then keeping them forever. I guess the fact that it transforms helps, but holy poo poo was I tired of greatsword/mad warrior set in the DS2 playthrough.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I can't wait for the Indonesian Bob picture of Babby Pat grousing, half hanging out of a bag of Doritos while Matt yells "NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW, TAKE ME TO CORNERIA RIGHT NOW!" from off panel.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Kimmalah posted:

I kind of wish they'd change their equipment up more, instead of always going for the biggest slowest weapon, one set of armor and then keeping them forever. I guess the fact that it transforms helps, but holy poo poo was I tired of greatsword/mad warrior set in the DS2 playthrough.

Please look forward to them getting ludwigs and using it for the entire rest of the game

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Kimmalah posted:

Since Bloodborne is much less a known quantity and they don't have a build in mind, I imagine that'll be different this time around. Especially since DSII in general so heavily favored big, slow weapon and shield over anything else.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
To be fair. With weapon upgrading the game kind of makes you pick a weapon and then stick to it unless you want to grind out upgrade materials for a new one.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kind of surprised they're all so positive about SMT x FE.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
All 3 love persona, why would they be upset?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

All 3 love persona, why would they be upset?

Liking Persona hasn't made most more receptive to SMT x FE, because it doesn't really look like Persona artwise.

I guess I am warming up to it personally though.

E: Pat's Animal Crossing fears are pretty funny

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Apr 3, 2015

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Commissar Ken posted:

I can't wait for the Indonesian Bob picture of Babby Pat grousing, half hanging out of a bag of Doritos while Matt yells "NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW, TAKE ME TO CORNERIA RIGHT NOW!" from off panel.

I knew Matt's pain because I fell for the Platinum Star Fox April Fool's website super hard (it's registered to someone in France), so I was watching it hoping, begging for some sort of confirmation.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
re: smt x fe - I was more surprised at them saying "yeah this looks like a lot of fire emblem" because where the gently caress were they looking during that trailer that I wasn't where they saw anything that looked even remotely like Fire Emblem?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

re: smt x fe - I was more surprised at them saying "yeah this looks like a lot of fire emblem" because where the gently caress were they looking during that trailer that I wasn't where they saw anything that looked even remotely like Fire Emblem?

Liam recognized the Cavalier, Archer, and Pegasus stuff but to be fair, he's the only one that actually finished Fire Emblem games so he's a lot more into it than them.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Tae posted:

Liam recognized the Cavalier, Archer, and Pegasus stuff but to be fair, he's the only one that actually finished Fire Emblem games so he's a lot more into it than them.

I mean let's be real here those three classes could fit just fine in literally any JRPG. All I noticed was Anime Teens With Weapons And Armor and that's hardly unique to FE or SMT. Going back through it and analyzing it yeah you can spot stuff but I sure as gently caress didn't notice any of that just watching it live.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

I mean let's be real here those three classes could fit just fine in literally any JRPG. All I noticed was Anime Teens With Weapons And Armor and that's hardly unique to FE or SMT. Going back through it and analyzing it yeah you can spot stuff but I sure as gently caress didn't notice any of that just watching it live.

Name the last RPG in general that had peg knights or even Cavaliers that came out. This is exactly why almost everyone that saw the first Fire Emblem IF trailer recognized it as Fire Emblem once the peg knights showed up.

At this point, Peg Knights ARE basically a Fire Emblem icon.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What gets me is Liam going all in on the overdesigned stuff. I want my restrained Fire Emblem designs back.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

until the title dropped I was convinced Atlus was just publishing some no-name generic JRPG

and then I was bummed

Despite this I believe ILLUSORY REVELAITONS HASHTAG EFF EE will be good

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 3, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah the SMT x FE thing looks basically nothing like SMT or Fire Emblem. I am looking forward to the new Persona spinoff game that is pretending to be both of those things though.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

TriffTshngo posted:

The character art at the beginning screamed Fire Emblem. I immediately thought "oh hey, a new Fire Emblem game" and then they started adding more SMT/Persona stuff.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
marth is right in the loving trailer!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Silentman0 posted:

The character art at the beginning screamed Fire Emblem. I immediately thought "oh hey, a new Fire Emblem game" and then they started adding more SMT/Persona stuff.

It did? It looked nothing like any of the previous artist in the franchise.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Silentman0 posted:

Blockhouse posted:

marth is right in the loving trailer!

I cannot see either of these things

The water-color style looks similar to the Sacred Stones concept art I guess???

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The artist also does work for a popular mobile rpg called Chain Chronicles

This guy is very distinct in his style.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

I mean hey I didn't dislike what I saw, I'm looking forward to seeing more so we actually know what the gently caress the game is. I just don't know what to think right now.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ruggington posted:

I cannot see either of these things

The water-color style looks similar to the Sacred Stones concept art I guess???

towards the start, with the blue glowy eyes, some kind of dark marth

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

towards the start, with the blue glowy eyes, some kind of dark marth

without his trademark tiara how can I be sure

VVV I'm pretty sure that is what everyone expected

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 3, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I thought SMTxFE was supposed to be a literal crossover of the two franchises. I mean, the first teaser video showed characters like Demifiend and Chrom and all right?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Basically it's more Persona like because the companies apparently agreed that whoever is actually making, it gets the majority style. Since Atlus is developing it, they're putting their spin-off guys (of Devil Survivor) on the job and hired an artist that doesn't usually work in either companies to make it distinct.

Them not calling it a X game is closer to the truth.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
It definitely wasn't what I expected, but turbopegasi and Cavaliers On Motorcycles seems like it'll at least be interesting.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
By weight and general public knowledge Persona IS SMT now so the FE x SMT game looking a bit more Persona-y than usual makes sense. At the very least there is a destroyed Tokyo in the game so it meets all standards for SMT.

Also there's a dude with a Motorcycle Centaur Knight demon/monster companion and he fuses with/wears him as combat armor and that is pretty cool.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yeah it kinda looks like nintendo asked for atlus to make them a persona. I'm totally OK with that.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I thought SMTxFE was supposed to be a literal crossover of the two franchises. I mean, the first teaser video showed characters like Demifiend and Chrom and all right?

The first "teaser" was just stock character artwork from both series because they announced it before anyone at either company actually knew what it was going to be (it was announced way earlier than it should have been).

I took it to be like Phoenix Wright X Layton, where I remember reading the creators of both of those series only learned about the game's existence when the public did.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I watched Pat and Liam play through the Final Fantasy XV demo last night and...I actually might want to play this. It looked...cool. From the second I saw you could do a Dragoon Jump, I was immediately interested. Magicite was mentioned too. The warp-into-battle attacks looked neat. WHAT ARE THESE FEELINGS I'M FEELING?

I wonder how much longer it will take to be released.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

hoobajoo posted:

Since Bloodborne is much less a known quantity and they don't have a build in mind, I imagine that'll be different this time around. Especially since DSII in general so heavily favored big, slow weapon and shield over anything else.

Well like the guy above you mentioned, from what I've seen lot of former Dark Souls players are just going straight to the biggest weapons they can find because big = cool so I'm sure we'll be seeing that particular sword a lot if they find it.

I'm just not big fan of slow tanky strength builds in general and I've been enjoying the fact that Bloodborne is a step away from that stuff.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Charles Martel posted:

I watched Pat and Liam play through the Final Fantasy XV demo last night and...I actually might want to play this. It looked...cool. From the second I saw you could do a Dragoon Jump, I was immediately interested. Magicite was mentioned too. The warp-into-battle attacks looked neat. WHAT ARE THESE FEELINGS I'M FEELING?

I wonder how much longer it will take to be released.

It's a shame they didn't compete the demo, because the summon is cool as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_0OCZC8TVY

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I can't get over how loving awesome the kirkhammer as a concept is. From the moment I saw it in the LP I involuntarily get goosebumps over how amazing that weapon looks. They really ought to hand Miyazaki the Nobel prize for 'holy poo poo that's so goddamn cool' award.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Al-Saqr posted:

I can't get over how loving awesome the kirkhammer as a concept is. From the moment I saw it in the LP I involuntarily get goosebumps over how amazing that weapon looks. They really ought to hand Miyazaki the Nobel prize for 'holy poo poo that's so goddamn cool' award.

Seriously, that's something from the notebook of a 12-year-old. It's rad as hell :allears:

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Al-Saqr posted:

Even without the hammer part of it, it's still a hell of a good melee weapon due to the variety of swings you have (and thrusts for extra range). The utility of that thing in either state is so good, and I'd be shocked as hell if they found something else in the game that makes them drop it later on.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Theres a ton of cool weapons in that game so i expect more of this http://www.myinstants.com/instant/wooliegasm/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

ArclightBorealis posted:

Even without the hammer part of it, it's still a hell of a good melee weapon due to the variety of swings you have (and thrusts for extra range). The utility of that thing in either state is so good, and I'd be shocked as hell if they found something else in the game that makes them drop it later on.

Have you found the Ludwig Blade yet? Because it basically looks like a weapon that was tailor made for their love of big greatswords and has a trick similar to the Kirkhammer. And it does decent damage of course.