Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

My nose was a fountain of blood today. Let me re-read exact for a moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Nope, can't do it. My head is swimming too much.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Murmur Twin posted:

"Seemingly at random" would have been a better choice of words there. Obviously my and CPig's play styles are completely different - I am inherently distrustful of people who vote without explanation why they're doing so.

There's a whole lot of people who I'm finding myself distrustful of at the moment. If it was truly down to WM vs. EXAKT I think WM is a better target - his response to be threatened with a vig was to sit back whereas I feel like town would have engaged - but I also feel like there are people that haven't weighed in yet who probably should.

##vote wall monitor

(...now would be a really good time for WM to pop in with an amazing case or two.... :shh:)

Max posted:

Jeez - feel better!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
So MT (and anyone else) if we were in the position where there was another person with a vig, who do you think should be shot?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

EXAKT Science (3): fiery_valkyrie, CapitalistPig, DuckHuntDog
wall monitor (3): Byers2142, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, EXAKT Science, Murmur Twin
VivaNova (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Byers2142 (0): Max, Max, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (3): Max, VivaNova, wall monitor

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 03rd, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 19 hours.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

DuckHuntDog posted:

Max has no interaction with ES that I can read at all. I could see both of them being scum and moving off Viva and on to Rarity to save ES. Of the two, I would rather:

##vote Exact Science

This is because he has flat out refused to engage me when I try to interact with him. Why am I the scummier one?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I'm pretty sure there's at least one scum on me right now. I'm surprised that WM isn't, tbh.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I think this is correct.

##vote CPig

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So MT (and anyone else) if we were in the position where there was another person with a vig, who do you think should be shot?

WM or CPig, though I wouldn't be the worst target either, for the sake of information. Assuming a three-person scumteam, we're currently at LYLO -2, so there can still be misses.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote wall monitor

(...now would be a really good time for WM to pop in with an amazing case or two.... :shh:)

I suppose I should actually play this game I signed up for, huh?

EXAKT is who I feel the most strongly about but doing more on him feels kinda :bandwagon: at this point.

The other bit I find odd so far is the vig target. People were discussing Exakt/WM, which despite being one of the targets I thought made sense, but then all of a sudden we decide to shoot Propaganda Machine instead?

Byers2142 posted:

Shoot wall or EXAKT.

Byers2142 posted:

That's fair, I just don't think the vig should be held because people aren't posting about it.

I'd be cool with it being used on people that aren't posting, actually. Shoot a lurker, win my heart.

If Exakt flips scum I would consider that pretty strong evidence against Byers here for about-facing on the vig target when a different oppotunity presented itself.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

DuckHuntDog posted:

Max has no interaction with ES that I can read at all. I could see both of them being scum and moving off Viva and on to Rarity to save ES. Of the two, I would rather:

##vote Exact Science

This is the end of four posts from DHD, where he draws links between unflipped players to justify the vote. I do not like DHD's play this game, nor the logic he used to reach this vote.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

wall. Shoot wall, and do it loving fast as deadline is approaching.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

wall monitor posted:

The other bit I find odd so far is the vig target. People were discussing Exakt/WM, which despite being one of the targets I thought made sense, but then all of a sudden we decide to shoot Propaganda Machine instead?

If Exakt flips scum I would consider that pretty strong evidence against Byers here for about-facing on the vig target when a different oppotunity presented itself.

If shooting lurkers is wrong, I don't wanna be right. :colbert:

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

wall. Shoot wall, and do it loving fast as deadline is approaching.

I would much rather you shoot Exakt and then use that flip to then make a decision about me.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

wall monitor posted:

I would much rather you shoot Exakt and then use that flip to then make a decision about me.

I'm sure you would, yes.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

WALL MONITOR

Max posted:

B) I've never heard of a player procrastinating when they get a FOS on them, unless they are attempting to hide in the background and hope a more suspicious person comes forward, which is a scummy play more than it is a town play.

wall monitor posted:

That's my bad, I tend to procrastinate when people point FOS at me, since I get easily discouraged and such. It's a bad habit I probably should try to deal with.

Lemme see what I can do today. If I accomplish nothing else then at least you'll have my opinions available after you miscuddle me.

-

I know, I know, I'm trying to stop doing it. It doesn't help that the last couple of times it has worked for me, whereas staying engaged has lead to getting hammered.

Everything about WM reads to me as newbie scum in over his head. What's funny is that he starts the game telling us that his trick to staying alive is to hide when people put pressure on him, and then he does just that.

wall monitor posted:

Opop's slip-up seems really suspicious, but gut is telling me to hold off a little bit. I dunno.

-

Is this a slip? I think it's pretty good evidence, but I wouldn't turbo Opop on this alone.

The read I get from this is someone who realized his scumbro slipped but isn't sure whether to bus him or defend him. He doesn't want to vote Opop but doesn't really provide us with a good reason as to why.

wall monitor posted:

I still don't like firey valkyrie, my vote is standing for now

-

The original vote on Valkyrie was because his vote on me really seemed like he was reaching for a chance to drop suspicion on someone.

That post in particular... what was going through my head was that I needed to keep posting, was still kind of grasping for something to say, and thought, 'hey, should I recant my FV vote... nah. Okay, I'll post about that.' Perhaps not the best move given the reaction I got from it.

After he voted for FV on what seemed like a joke, I pressed WM on his thought process and he essentially said he had voted for no reason.

wall monitor posted:

Doing reads on three random posters...

Fiery I (still) think is scummy. Most of his D2 reads as lukewarm. I may be biased because of D1 though.

DHD I'm not sure about, maybe town? The posts he's made seem sincere to me at least.

KB is being pretty reasonable here, and I still don't quite get the logic that's suddenly put me from 'backup lynch choice' to 'all but confirmed town' overnight. I appreciate not being thought of as scum but at the same time I kind of wonder if people are abandoning ship on me because they know it'll blow up in their faces when I flip town.

(My point here being that I think KB is town)

This is the one that I find most suspicious. After I made a lurker call-out post, WM responds with reads. He (a) admits that he chose random people to case, which implies no opinion about who is scum; (b) gives three hedge-y reads - FV might be scum, DHD might be town, and KB is town because he agrees with WM, and (c) doesn't make a giant effort to convince anyone else what he believes.

wall monitor posted:

EXAKT is who I feel the most strongly about but doing more on him feels kinda :bandwagon: at this point.

Actually, this is the post I find most suspicious. If EXAKT is the person he feels most strongly about, why not case him beyond "he seems desperate"? Why bring up the vig if you're not going to case Viva for how she used it?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I don't think the opinions that WM are sharing with us are genuine. He only really seems to share information when prodded, and then never tries to back them up or convince us that he's right, which screams "trying to fake content" to me. Of the people remaining the game he's the person I most think is scum and would shoot if I had a vig.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Exakt cause I regret not doing it.

EXAKT Science posted:

This is because he has flat out refused to engage me when I try to interact with him. Why am I the scummier one?

Is this true?

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm pretty sure there's at least one scum on me right now. I'm surprised that WM isn't, tbh.

Does that make you think he might be town?

wall monitor posted:

I was figuring that there's votes on exakt and pmach and pig were probably out of the realm of possibility of cuddles, but not because of their merits. so once Byers and mt reinforced the rational for lurker vigs I decided to kill one of those two. then I reread Hal after dhd posted and thought there was a decent chance there. :/

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Max posted:

Christ.

I was about to say I would be voting for exakt but that would put him at -1. But mt just brought up some good reads. Consider me undecided.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

Exakt cause I regret not doing it.

Is this true?

Does that make you think he might be town?

No, it makes me think he's scum who's concerned about his image. I would switch back to WM.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

No, it makes me think he's scum who's concerned about his image. I would switch back to WM.

Do I look like I'm concerned about my image?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

wall monitor posted:

Do I look like I'm concerned about my image?

wall monitor posted:

I have a hard time telling when jokephase ends and seriousphase begins I guess.

-

That's my bad, I tend to procrastinate when people point FOS at me, since I get easily discouraged and such. It's a bad habit I probably should try to deal with.

-

I know, I know, I'm trying to stop doing it. It doesn't help that the last couple of times it has worked for me, whereas staying engaged has lead to getting hammered.

-

That post in particular... what was going through my head was that I needed to keep posting, was still kind of grasping for something to say, and thought, 'hey, should I recant my FV vote... nah. Okay, I'll post about that.' Perhaps not the best move given the reaction I got from it.

-

Clearly I'm gonna have to put in more effort into my will next time I have a chance to submit.

-

Huh. Everyone thinks I'm town today.

-

I appreciate not being thought of as scum but at the same time I kind of wonder if people are abandoning ship on me because they know it'll blow up in their faces when I flip town

-

As a personal note I'm in the process of buying my first house. That doesn't excuse any lurkiness that's been going on but it's been taking up a big chunk of my headspace.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

(On a non-game note - good luck with the house stuff! I've been in the position before - heck, I'm in it now - where I sign up for Mafia games and then real life comes in and makes it really hard to participate. All of my reads are strictly game-based :))

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal was a fine vig, even if it didn't turn out.

I'm conscious and have enough blood to think now.

Exact, I haven't so much flat out refused to vote for you as I have unconciously just kinda ignored you this game. I don't know why I have, honestly.

Again, I had an issue voting WM yesterday because the way things played out, it had looked like a serious push by Rarity-scum/Viva Scum to stop the Opop lynch from happening. Since Rarity's flip, this has proven to not be the case, which brings WM back to the realm of possibility as scum. As I had pointed out a while ago, the fact that he thinks having a FOS on him means he should fade into the background is not a good maneuver for town.

I'm pulling a Ram here in saying that I'll be able to look at things now, but that's what I'm doing. I was out of commission yesterday and wasn't able to keep up with what was happening.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I feel really good about WM and can't guarantee that I will be here for deadline tonight, so if anyone has any good cases I would really like to hear their input.

Failing that, my second-strongest read is CPig, but I will openly admit it's mostly because the last two games I've lost as town have been to him as scum (the last one having just ended) and I'm mildly on tilt at the moment. :bang: Can someone who is more objective than me please explain to me why they think he's town?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel really good about WM and can't guarantee that I will be here for deadline tonight, so if anyone has any good cases I would really like to hear their input.

Failing that, my second-strongest read is CPig, but I will openly admit it's mostly because the last two games I've lost as town have been to him as scum (the last one having just ended) and I'm mildly on tilt at the moment. :bang: Can someone who is more objective than me please explain to me why they think he's town?

Because his calls and votes, what there are of them, seem genuine and make sense.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

wall monitor posted:

Yes, you should!

wall monitor posted:

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt a bit here and make some suggestions. This post doesn't make you look good, even if it truly feels that way to you. Just re-read ES and make a decision, articulate why. Read the cases on him and tell us your thoughts on each point. There's not that many players left, go through and tell me your thoughts on us. Doing things like that might lead you to something else. How about responding to the points MT raised this morning?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Because his calls and votes, what there are of them, seem genuine and make sense.

:what:

Byers2142 posted:

nah, sorry, you were right with your call on wall, though. Him and Opop, scumbros. Why'd you stop thinking that?

CapitalistPig posted:

I forgot

##vote wall

His vote on Wall was after you reminded him he was suspcious, and

CapitalistPig posted:

Im town is probably the best reason not to kill me id say

##vote exakt

If he flips town viva is next.

his vote on EXAKT was right after FV posted a large case on him. In what crazy world do you get a town read from that?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Ha ^^ I'm gonna respond to that too.

Byers2142 posted:

Ok... but that takes like minimal effort to fake.

Don't forget the opop hammer too. I think that's one of the worst things he's done this game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Murmur Twin posted:

:what:

His vote on Wall was after you reminded him he was suspcious, and

his vote on EXAKT was right after FV posted a large case on him. In what crazy world do you get a town read from that?

Im not reading anything and am just randomly doing stuff is why.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

From the horse's mouth, my interpretation is wrong. Dunno, then, I find wall worse and we should lynch him.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

are you not having fun?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

This has kinda been what I thought you were doing, and am strangely OK with it.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Max posted:

This has kinda been what I thought you were doing, and am strangely OK with it.

If he's serious I'm not ok with it at all but it seems dumb to switch to pig when there are legit good cases on wm and exakt.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

VivaNova posted:

are you not having fun?

Actually thats the reason Im having fun.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

I will wait for WM to return and respond to my prompting before voting. Yes, going out in an hour for dinner and drink with friends. Yes, will be checking in.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

Actually thats the reason Im having fun.

I SHOULD HAVE VIGGED YOU qq

Max
Nov 30, 2002

VivaNova posted:

If he's serious I'm not ok with it at all but it seems dumb to switch to pig when there are legit good cases on wm and exakt.

It'd be a waste of time for tonight, yeah.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'll be in and out, but ##wall monitor. I want to trust my feelings from Day 1, even if they were very, very wrong about Opop.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

VivaNova posted:

I SHOULD HAVE VIGGED YOU qq

Honestly viva, when Im in games with you the most fun I have is your reactions to me playing badly.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Max posted:

I'll be in and out, but ##wall monitor. I want to trust my feelings from Day 1, even if they were very, very wrong about Opop.

thats not how you do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Here's mine at the moment. Subject to change!

SERIOUSLY CIA
wall monitor

Byers2142 posted:

Scum can use them to develop cases on town players that other town are likely to follow to drive mislynches. At the same time, developing LumpenLists are easy and thus they're easy to fake. There was a game run by Lumpen to prove that LumpenLists were valuable; scum rolled town in it, perfect victory, by doing exactly what everyone's always told Lumpen scum would do with LumpenLists.

They're not just hated because they're Lumpens, they're hated because their a tool that looks town-y but is insanely weighted towards helping scum.

What an interesting point!

Byers2142 posted:

Byers2142 posted:

From the horse's mouth, my interpretation is wrong. Dunno, then, I find wall worse and we should lynch him.

What specifically do you find more suspicious about WM than CPig? Right now this looks a lot like scum covering for scum to me.

• Locked thread