Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

His ring name is Stone Cold Steve Austin and that is 5 syllables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Sanguinia posted:

Yeah, but the guy's argument was that the 2 to 4 syllable range is the limit for good wrestling names, which is why Hulk Hogan got to keep his name instead of being just Hogan. Randy Savage is also four syllables and is an example he cites specifically as being within range. According to his theory, which lists Rusev, Cesaro and now Adrian Neville, literally every guy who's had one of his names taken away is 5 or more and that's the reason. He conveniently never once mentions Big E Langston, probably because he couldn't think of a totally bullshit excuse for it not fitting his pattern, (or even a non-excuse like an unspoken "exception that proves the rule" like he did Bruno and DiBiase.) I was also amused that he mentioned Bruno but left out Larry Zybyzko who also breaks his dumb theorem.

Or it could be that no one thinks about, cares about, or remembers Big E in any way.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

keithy george posted:

His ring name is Stone Cold Steve Austin and that is 5 syllables

the wheelin dealin kiss stealin jet flyin limousine ridin son of a gun ric flair WOO that's over 20

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Or it could be that no one thinks about, cares about, or remembers Big E in any way.

I think you will find that Big E is in fact real cool and big.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Benne posted:

He worked for Vince Sr. back when it was WWWF. His feud with Bruno is by far his biggest claim to fame.

Wrong, his biggest claim to fame is being playable and having the letter Z on his butt in WCW/nWo Revenge on N64

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Brandon Stroud posted:

Worst: Dana Brooke

Oh man, if you were watching NXT and wished there were more 2006 Divas on the roster, you’re gonna love Dana Brooke. She’s tan, she’s blonde, she loves herself, she says things like “what you see is what you get” and can’t stop rubbing herself when she talks. At the NXT San Jose show on Friday she was so bad she just arbitrarily fell off the apron. Like, nothing happened to her, she just failed to stand still on the ring apron and fell off. But she sure looks good! I guess!

Of course this is NXT we’re talking about, and they can spin gold out of basically anything. They almost made Alex Riley a decent character. Dana Brooke could show up and be the greatest thing in the world, but right now she feels like a frightening reminder that the Bayleys and Sasha Bankses can be snatched away from us at any moment and replaced by Ashley Massaro and that there’s nothing we can do about it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm glad that #GiveDivasAChance has turned into "We want more talented woman wrestlers so let's be absolute shitheels toward the less talented ones", as evidenced by Stroud and that RAW crowd.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is that another Dana Brooke rant by Stroud or is that still the original one? I'm beginning to think he has a muscle woman fetish and is trying REAL HARD to prove otherwise

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alain Post posted:

I'm glad that #GiveDivasAChance has turned into "We want more talented woman wrestlers so let's be absolute shitheels toward the less talented ones", as evidenced by Stroud and that RAW crowd.

And the talented ones.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah that poo poo was chanted at friggin AJ. And the Bellas have gotten miles better.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah that poo poo was chanted at friggin AJ. And the Bellas have gotten miles better.

I mean they're fine now, but have they really?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
At the very least they're clearly giving a poo poo, unlike AJ, by the way.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

If they're fine now, then they have gone miles, because they used to be complete trash.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

If they're fine now, then they have gone miles, because they used to be complete trash.

Yeah that's pretty much what I mean. Nikki especially used to be total dogshit in the ring and has cultivated a nice little power moveset since then. It's not world-beating but she's easily in the upper half of the main roster Divas. Brie is slightly worse, IMO.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Alain Post posted:

At the very least they're clearly giving a poo poo, unlike AJ, by the way.

tbf I'm surprised anybody in the WWE gives a single poo poo about anything

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

And the talented ones.

Yeah, they chanted it at Natalya and she's one of the better women on the roster. Naomi got it too and she's a lot better than she gets credit for. It was just overall tacky.

To be fair, crowd mentality is weird as hell and can do strange things to people.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
The booking does have a role to play, though. It's unfair to chant at the wrestlers when they don't have any power over Vince saying "Ok, you're getting a minute each of a 6-woman tag match", but then it's also unfair to chant poo poo at Reigns when his big problem is booking, too. There just isn't a simple and easy way, when you're in a crowd, to get across "I have no issue with these wrestlers but the booking of them is terrible, it's entirely possible I'd be enjoying these people with a better match."

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

They're not a danger to themselves and others. As much. Anymore.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Revenant Threshold posted:

There just isn't a simple and easy way, when you're in a crowd, to get across "I have no issue with these wrestlers but the booking of them is terrible, it's entirely possible I'd be enjoying these people with a better match."

The terrible TNA crowds tried, with "FIRE RUSSO," but then Dixie/TNA just responded by saying more or less "Russo's not the writer who booked that match/segment/clusterfuck" and ignoring the underlying sentiment in the chant.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

The booking does have a role to play, though. It's unfair to chant at the wrestlers when they don't have any power over Vince saying "Ok, you're getting a minute each of a 6-woman tag match", but then it's also unfair to chant poo poo at Reigns when his big problem is booking, too. There just isn't a simple and easy way, when you're in a crowd, to get across "I have no issue with these wrestlers but the booking of them is terrible, it's entirely possible I'd be enjoying these people with a better match."

With the right cadence this could work as a chant. Let's get on it, internet.

I-HAVE-no-issuewiththese-WREST-LERS
but-the-BOOK-ING-ofthem-is-TERRIBLE,
it's-ENTIRE-LY-possible-i'd-BE-enjoyingthese
PEO-PLE-withabet-ter-MATCH

Totally doable.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Vince has lost it. Clap clap, clap clap clap.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark
just chant nxt. Honestly.
I mean, the wrestlers in NXT are, IN GENERAL (not counting the obvious exceptions like Zayn, Steen, Itami) worse than the wrestlers on the main roster, but they find ways to make you care about them (IE loving selling like it's a real goddamn fight, not treating everyone like a joke, etc.)

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

remusclaw posted:

Vince has lost it. Clap clap, clap clap clap.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

You're talking about idiots who think they're geniuses. They may say they know the difference between booking and the wrestlers, but when it comes down to it they will fall in line with what Vince and HHH want them to think.

See: This forum 2005-20...something.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I want Dana Brooke to win the NXT Womens title in her first match just to spite Stroud.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

HulkaMatt posted:

They're definitely better but going from zero to three is not the most impressive of jumps.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

sticklefifer posted:

With the right cadence this could work as a chant. Let's get on it, internet.

I-HAVE-no-issuewiththese-WREST-LERS
but-the-BOOK-ING-ofthem-is-TERRIBLE,
it's-ENTIRE-LY-possible-i'd-BE-enjoyingthese
PEO-PLE-withabet-ter-MATCH

Totally doable.
You can kind of sing this to the tune of "Battle Hymn of the Republic".

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
It's lovely to chant what they did at the women even if it was Cameron and Eva Marie and Kelly Kelly in a three-way Stairs match. Stroud is a complete fuckwit and during the women's tag with Nattie a few months ago on NXT felt the need to yell "hey Nattie you're the worst wrestler out there" when the crowd was quiet. He's an rear end and I sincerely cannot believe how many mostly decent wrestle fans I know read his garbage.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

It's lovely to chant what they did at the women even if it was Cameron and Eva Marie and Kelly Kelly in a three-way Stairs match. Stroud is a complete fuckwit and during the women's tag with Nattie a few months ago on NXT felt the need to yell "hey Nattie you're the worst wrestler out there" when the crowd was quiet. He's an rear end and I sincerely cannot believe how many mostly decent wrestle fans I know read his garbage.

what a fuckboy

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

find the most annoying, hypocritical, and self important smark in the nxt crowd and he will be half as bad as stroud. pretty much the poster boy for that kind of fan.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark
Stroud's bizarre because Danielle Matheson, who's like a butt buddy of his, I find to be very pleasant and, while I don't agree with all of her opinions, a pretty good writer. Stroud is just if buzzfeed made longform wrestling articles. The dude's proud to be a contrarion asswipe and people just dig it up. He also takes credit for the "Best" "Worst" format like it isn't something that's been around for years, and even if it hadn't, you really want to take credit for that? Wow what an achievement in journalism. And because he helps run (emphasis on HELPS) some minor league indie promotion, which he inserts himself into for storylines because why the gently caress not, he acts like he's part of the business, when he's a loving announcer. Also the dude thinks his opinion is like, gospel. Not in a "I just really feel this way." It comes across as "I am the one in the right in this situation." I cannot believe I used to read his stuff, too. It's not even that I disagree with what he's saying. Honestly, I probably agree with him more often than not. It's just his loving ego.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I wouldn't mind seeing Mass Transit 2.0 with Stroud tbh

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Muddy Burphy posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing Mass Transit 2.0 with Stroud tbh

:drat:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

It's lovely to chant what they did at the women even if it was Cameron and Eva Marie and Kelly Kelly in a three-way Stairs match.

For some reason, I thought I was in the UKMT in D&D for a second, and I was just imagining David Cameron doing a stairs match with Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg. :v:

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

TinTower posted:

For some reason, I thought I was in the UKMT in D&D for a second, and I was just imagining David Cameron doing a stairs match with Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg. :v:
There's no way Ed wouldn't be stuck in midcard hell in a tag team with his brother.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's no way Ed wouldn't be stuck in midcard hell in a tag team with his brother.

His brother left the party because brother vs brother feuds never draw. Brother.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

metsfan is back again with the scoops fyi

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Luigi Thirty posted:

metsfan is back again with the scoops fyi

Not even worth quoting.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Not even worth quoting.

It definitely seems that after his last meltdown there most people aren't buying at anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

He is reporting that Vince literally said "Byron didn't grab the brass ring on Monday" and my god he has become a parody of himself and people still don't get it :psyduck: