Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello.

##vote: No Hang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
As the town gathered in the square a third time, they were so demoralized by the deaths and lack of information they didn't even mind the squabbling and petty bickering that ensued. They all fell silent though and were rapt with attention when merk stood on a small podium above the crowd. He shouted, "it is MiR! He is the scum, I promise you!" Without much hesitation they grabbed MiR's body and dragged him to the gallows. When they got there, however, they found MiR surprisingly compliant. He put the noose around his own neck, turned to the crowd, and shouted: "LONG LIVE THE KING."
*thunk*
As MiR hung by the rope, his corpse began to sizzle, and for a moment the town worried he would set aflame like Quandary did the day before. But after a moment the sizzling stopped; there was just the smell of burning flesh and charred hair. Checking MiR's home they found it to be immaculate, completely clean of any wrongdoing.
That is, until Keane discovered a secret doorway behind a bookcase. It opened to a room filled with knives and saws and small barrels of oil. There was a large slab table in the center, and on it was: how gruesome, winvirus's tongue; a large pair of white bird wings; and jar filled with a viscous green goop labeled "Quandary's Soul." Though none in the town knew for certain what MiR's role was in this revolution, it was very far from good.

:s: a worthy uhh/me in reverse, Imne Osrevni, Redhands (king-aligned janitor), was executed day 3. :s:

The town also discovered that winvirus's tongue was actually crucial to who he was; strange how they all seemed to have just forgotten that.

:s: winvirus, Anton Abreu, Charismatic Townie (town-aligned triple-voter), was stabbed to death night 1. :s:

It also became clear that, as bizarre as it sounds, the wings discovered were so huge and so fresh that they had to be QPQ's.

:s: QuoProQuid, Sant-Kreys (a.k.a. Dondara Quidioma) - Angel (town-aligned white mage), was shot night 2. :s:

The bottle of Quandary was, well, a quandary though. What did it mean? Ernie, ever the enterprising one, opened it, and the green goop began to dissolve into the air. Everyone present then suddenly knew everything they could have known about him. (Cut me some slack flavor is hard sometimes.)

:s: Quandary, Quales Respueta, Sorcerer (king-aligned eradicator), was executed day 2. :s:

Aflood with information the town proceeded to finish out the day with chores and other minor tasks before going back to bed. It's been quite a day and they need some time to rest.

It is now Night 3! Submit your actions post-haste please and thank you!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The town awoke the next day to find the dawn brought with it more death. This time it was Ernie, found in his home with a dagger still in his skull. He died with a peaceful expression; if he suffered, it sure doesn't look it. His home was filled with herbs, medical equipment, and other magical artifacts associated exclusively with the healing profession.

However, they also noticed that Ernie wrote something in his diary. It was left open to an entry he wrote just yesterday: "The revolution will not be recorded in notebooks or on scrolls or tablets. It will happen in the hearts of each person who wishes to destroy the masters, break their chains, and live in liberty." His fervor was something very different than anyone else's. Was he always this way?

:s: Ernie., Ernesto Molina, Healer (town revolution-aligned doctor), was stabbed to death night 3. :s:

It is now Day 4.
:h: With 14 alive it takes 8 votes to execute.
:d: Day 4 deadline: Monday, April 6th, ~11PM EST.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

:hb:

i'm amazing, that's all ya'll

good luck to the rest of you

:hb:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's amazing that, at every single opportunity, when presented with a choice I made the wrong choice.

Sorry, numerrik.

Sorry, merk.

Sorry, Pinterest Mom.

Sorry, AnonymousNarcotics.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

It's amazing that, at every single opportunity, when presented with a choice I made the wrong choice.

Sorry, numerrik.

Sorry, merk.

Sorry, Pinterest Mom.

Sorry, AnonymousNarcotics.

You can make it up.

##vote CCKeane

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

You can make it up.

##vote CCKeane

Did the cult recruit fail?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Did the cult recruit fail?

... look at Ernie's flip.

Knowing that there's a whole secondary faction of bad guys hunting the revolution (the king-aligned guys) is what should make you want to vote Keane.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hello everyone,

Ninth is town.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote keane

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Knowing that there's a whole secondary faction of bad guys hunting the revolution (the king-aligned guys) is what should make you want to vote Keane.

I forgot what night we're on.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Knowing that Jedit and Quandary weren't on the same scum team makes me feel a bit better about Somber, though his running interference for Jedit is still sketch.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh lord

##vote keane

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Oh lord

##vote keane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

What is this nonsense?

Knowing there is an entire faction that can change your win condition should make you want to vote Pmom and Narco.

If we believe AWU, merk is also suspect.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jesus Christ there is an open cult in this game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Als this means that PMom's "mistake" about alignment was bullshit because he has a recruiter.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This is basically invasion of the body snatchers and I am crying.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm sorry Keane I tried :(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

I'm sorry Keane I tried :(

You get got too, Somber? :(

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So did Ernie switch from Town to Revolutionary? Is someone recruiting I guess?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I asked Ecco whether Jedit's flip of Mafia-aligned was correct, considering we had a King-aligned flip yesterday. Ecco informed me that yes, Jedit was Mafia-aligned.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This is Somber and Keane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUXHB5U-Vl4

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote keane I'm sorry, revolutionaries. Please recruit me tonight tia.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Als this means that PMom's "mistake" about alignment was bullshit because he has a recruiter.

MiR suggesting it yesterday was the first inkling I had that we could recruit people, our powers are really vaguely worded :shobon:

The Ninth Layer posted:

I asked Ecco whether Jedit's flip of Mafia-aligned was correct, considering we had a King-aligned flip yesterday. Ecco informed me that yes, Jedit was Mafia-aligned.

My best guess is that King is the scum equivalent of Revolution - they're bad guys who want to take the revolution out. We have flavour pointing to that.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Is there a particular reason for everyone being gung-ho about lynching Keane now?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't know that I believe this cult is entirely benevolent. They're taking out their own threats if king-aligned is their version of scum, but that doesn't make them pro-town. Literally the only thing that makes me think that they might be okay is PMom's original slip that he didn't know he was 3P, but that doesn't seem much to go on compared to all the other lies and fumbling in thread that's happened.

I'm erring on the side of not trusting an openly recruiting cult.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't follow your logic here. I feel the best reason is because Merk counter-claimed him.

CCKeane posted:

What is this nonsense?

Knowing there is an entire faction that can change your win condition should make you want to vote Pmom and Narco.

If we believe AWU, merk is also suspect.

The question is whether or not they're a threat though isn't it? And besides once you join why would you care necessarily? Also how would AWU who is flipped scum/scum team, why would you take their word on merk?

Pinterest Mom posted:

MiR suggesting it yesterday was the first inkling I had that we could recruit people, our powers are really vaguely worded :shobon:

Yeah I don't believe this one second.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Asiina posted:

I don't know that I believe this cult is entirely benevolent. They're taking out their own threats if king-aligned is their version of scum, but that doesn't make them pro-town. Literally the only thing that makes me think that they might be okay is PMom's original slip that he didn't know he was 3P, but that doesn't seem much to go on compared to all the other lies and fumbling in thread that's happened.

I'm erring on the side of not trusting an openly recruiting cult.

Now that it's apparent they can recruit I'm similarly suspicious.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Now that it's apparent they can recruit I'm similarly suspicious.

Finally, man.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
What if they recruit me though? That'd be pretty cool.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

Either you had a cop that specifically looked for king-aligned in which case you were serving your own interests but pretending you were serving town's or this is a lie and you were recruiting and anyone you couldn't recruit you thought to be scum.

Either way, I'm not buying that you're pro-town.

##vote PMom

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Quick post while I eat breakfast.
Feeling happy the Janitor is dead. The Janitor was King aligned so I'm happy to go completely with the revolution because gently caress the king. If the revolution is recruiting people, I expect it to be more like a mason recruiting with a flavour alignment change and minor additions to the win con. Nothing like a cult -recruiter where you need to control the vote and are an actual threat to the town.
Don't know what a white mage and an eradicator are supposed to be.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm wondering why Keane wasn't roleblocked again.

I still don't know what to make of Jedit's "mafia-aligned" flip.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

My best guess is that King is the scum equivalent of Revolution - they're bad guys who want to take the revolution out. We have flavour pointing to that.

I'm calling bullshit on this, because unless your role PM was basically a blurry picture of bigfoot this is way too many mistakes for you to be making, especially when combined with Narco.

Look if you guys have majority just loving end me because I don't want to deal with this bullshit.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Is everybody being mindcontrolled, also?

Is this a thing that is happening because that would make sense, you know, instead of voting the town cop instead of voting for the goddamn cult.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Am I being gaslit? Is everybody trying to make me crazy so that they can claim my assets? Because if you want a lot of D&D manuals and used sports equipment there are better ways.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Help help I am being driven to madness so some may lay claim to dozens of mechanical pencils that are out of lead.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Keane is slowly descending into madness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Keane. If you're not scum, who is? It's already been established that me and PMom are not.

• Locked thread