Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Boozie posted:

Need lesser power orbs really bad but not sure where to farm them. Party is 20-22. Figaro zones don't seem to be giving me any love.

Figaro Castle really does seem to be the best place, save for Thursday's dungeon (which you can't get to because it's not Thursday). If you're not getting any, then it's likely just bad luck; I tend to get anywhere from 3 to 5 in a single full run. Just keep trying, is all I can suggest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Masamune relic machine event!!

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

And right when I have no mythril, and no way to get any :(

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Eat Lightning you flying fucker! Bastard Heligunner just would not stop attacking Rydia. And everything one shotted her because she only had half health and she was poisoned because the other bastards kept attacking her too.

Still, mastered it too because nobody died on my successful run.

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011

BGrifter posted:

In about 7 hours; don't blow your mythril yet!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^^ Going by the timestamps the Masamune rate up is happening right now.

BGrifter posted:

5 pulls, 5 3 star items. :suicide:

E: A dagger, spear, ice armor, and 2 staves. These are all 100% worthless for my party. The spear is a minor boost for Kain and I don't use him. :sigh:

Just doing 50 mithril pulls from now on. Need all the help I can get with my luck on this game's gacha.. All 7? 8? pulls so far were 3 stars. Gave up on a Black Cowl after 10 runs on Siren too. Back to farming Rufus and Dailies while clearing a couple expert dungeons.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 4, 2015

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Here's a spreadsheet of Orb Locations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Where do I go to grind low level characters? I'm only 2 levels away from completing the event but I just need a bit more ranged damage for the penultimate boss. The only problem is that damage has to come from either black Mage or kain both level 11 and both die in one hit.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

DrManiac posted:

Where do I go to grind low level characters? I'm only 2 levels away from completing the event but I just need a bit more ranged damage for the penultimate boss. The only problem is that damage has to come from either black Mage or kain both level 11 and both die in one hit.

Either tomorrow or Sunday, the daily dungeon will give boosted EXP (and have Growth Eggs as its clear reward). Go ahead and be patient until you can do those, since the EXP is worth it.

Alternately, use classic stages you can already comfortably grind while looking for other things; Figaro Castle for lesser power orbs, Ship Graveyard for Black Cowls, etc.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

DrManiac posted:

Desert Rose said that Shinra Tower floors 39 and 40 were the best EXP/Stamina ratio, seemed about right to me.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

You can also send those characters with decently powered weapons/armor into dungeons themed after themselves (Gil Grasslands tomorrow gives Core characters bonuses) and just have them in a party all by themselves. They should be able to get to at least level 20 without much hassle.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I rolled for the masamune and got the grand glove.

EDIT: Now I have both and am completely out of mythril. RNG smiles upon me this game. I have too many 3* items though I'm going to have to start selling them to make up for inventory space.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 4, 2015

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011
Ooh. Did 3 rare draws; Got a 4 star sword, hammer, and 5 star staff.

Time to make the katana 4 stars, give to Sephjiroth, and give the sword to Cloud! Surely this is enough DPS for Octo now.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
You guys are making me want to roll my 20 mythril. Are there events with an overall increase to 5 stars or is it just specific item increases like this?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

You do have like, a week to get 30 more mythril if you want the 50 roll!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I guess the game took pity on my endless back luck with the gacha and finally gave me a black cowl drop. I'm still probably not spending any money on this for a month or so. The lack of 5 star gear early on really sucks. :(

The English version doesn't give any info beyond "5 star is more rare than 4s, which are more rare than 3s" while the Japanese version gave percentages for chances to pull and it was horrible at the start. Now the odds for a 5 star is about 10% simply because there's more of them relative to the amount of 3-4 star gear.

PBnJamo posted:

You guys are making me want to roll my 20 mythril. Are there events with an overall increase to 5 stars or is it just specific item increases like this?

Just specific items. Masamune's really drat good too so if you pull it and have Sephiroth he's set for god knows how long.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Honestly if you go for the 11 pull it seems like you're guaranteed at least one 5* at least based on my experiences.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Hooray, got Sephiroth. Now to level him, I guess.

Did get mastery and a 3 star summon orb drop from Rufus, which was nice.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Alright, you convinced me.

Wizard's Staff
Flame Shield
Shell Shield
Venom Claws

Honestly, I'd be happy if I just got more swords. The only one I've gotten so far was the reward from the Shinra Tower. Tifa might get some good use out of the Claws once they are upgraded. Might be stronger than the 2 star ones even after they are upgraded to 4 stars.

gyger
Feb 19, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Honestly if you go for the 11 pull it seems like you're guaranteed at least one 5* at least based on my experiences.

I may actually prefer what another Freemium game does which guarantees a Super Rare (Best) when you rollx10 instead of +1 free.

Do status effects (Blind) wear off over time? It's a bit finicky to reequip specific abilities to cure them.

gyger fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 4, 2015

Poor Distraction
Jan 16, 2006

Nuebot posted:

Unfortunately this isn't the case. I did two 11 pulls. First set gave me a single 5*, second set gave me three 4* items.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

The English version doesn't give any info beyond "5 star is more rare than 4s, which are more rare than 3s" while the Japanese version gave percentages for chances to pull and it was horrible at the start. Now the odds for a 5 star is about 10% simply because there's more of them relative to the amount of 3-4 star gear.

I have 39 mithril and will probably have 50 by the end of the event. Would it be better to just hoard mithril until there are more 5* items?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Nuebot posted:

I decided to drop 30 bucks on the game just because and I got 10 3* items and 1 4* so...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Well I was thoroughly proven wrong and super lucky at this game. I'm sorry.

I just noticed this game doesn't have a friend system like every other free game, weird.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I'm going to farm for the summon orbs as well as it seems like the best way to spend the energy at the moment.

Yeah I'm also just grinding out Grand Summon orbs right now. I'm gotten them 6 out of 7 attempts on Rufus so I'm thinking I have a realistic chance of getting all 20 needed for Syldra and Leviathan before the event is done. The greater elemental orbs will probably take forever to get though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Jibo posted:

Yeah I'm also just grinding out Grand Summon orbs right now. I'm gotten them 6 out of 7 attempts on Rufus so I'm thinking I have a realistic chance of getting all 20 needed for Syldra and Leviathan before the event is done. The greater elemental orbs will probably take forever to get though.

I kind of want to grind myself up to 50 stamina before I try this just so I can wait, then burn through the whole round in one go. Also it's kind of nice that they also drop regular summon orbs too.

Are summons even that great though? I don't use rydia so I have no clue.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Nuebot posted:

I just noticed this game doesn't have a friend system like every other free game, weird.

It's coming. JP has it already.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Toshimo posted:

It's coming. JP has it already.

Does it have a trading system? Or what does it let you do more specifically.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Nuebot posted:

I have no idea but Syldra was so good in FFV here's hoping.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

If it gets a boost in the FFV missions that'll be nice.

EDIT: I've gotten three free daily rolls today alone. It was like this when the tifa glove update went live too, every few hours I got a free daily roll try. I'm not sure if I'm the only one, or if everyone gets it. But I suggest checking.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 4, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

Just based on my experience futzing around with Bomb, they're stronger than a single cast of the same rank of black magic (and later on target all enemies) but not stronger than two casts, assuming no weakness shenanigans at play. They also come 1 use to a rank, so 1/2/3/etc as opposed to 2/4/6/etc, meaning they're actually not quite as good for the bosses we've had so far, which tend to be drawn out slugfests.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Nuebot posted:

If it gets a boost in the FFV missions that'll be nice.

EDIT: I've gotten three free daily rolls today alone. It was like this when the tifa glove update went live too, every few hours I got a free daily roll try. I'm not sure if I'm the only one, or if everyone gets it. But I suggest checking.

Not just you, I got another free roll.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!
Slogging my way through the event dungeon, trying to get Sephiroth before the event goes away. I just picked up Tifa; what's a good level to be at to attempt the rest of the dungeon?

My plan is to grind like hell during the EXP dungeon this weekend and hopefully be strong enough/have enough eggs to get everyone where they need to be.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Looks like this would be fun, but I am getting stuttering on my Nexus 7. Never expected to run into performance issues on this thing from a 2D game when it can run a lot of 3D games smoothly. Anyone playing on a Nexus of some sort and get it to run right?

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
There's lots of stuttering in the main UI, but it's smooth during battles on my Galaxy S5.

So is there any word on when more characters will be added to the English version? Having Kain is cool but no Cecil to go with is kind of disappointing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

If I had to hazard a completely uninformed guess, I'd say after the 12th. When the FF7 event ends we might see more main game content.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

gyger posted:

I may actually prefer what another Freemium game does which guarantees a Super Rare (Best) when you rollx10 instead of +1 free.

Do status effects (Blind) wear off over time? It's a bit finicky to reequip specific abilities to cure them.

From what I can tell, Paralyze and Slow wear off over time, Sleep wears off or until you get hit, Silence and Sap wear off at the end of a stage. Blind and Poison seem to persist until healed or levelled up.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Mingus Dew posted:

what's a good level to be at to attempt the rest of the dungeon?

I found the rest of the dungeon went smooth as silk with most of my party around 26-27 with one at 22.

The bigger keys were having Thundara available and honed once on Rydia, unhoned Jump on Kain and Light Rod on Rydia/Light Staff on the main character. I ran it with Cloud/Kain/Tidus/Rydia/Main Character. Oh and you want a few small skills like Boost for Tidus to use on Kain and Protect to help keep Rydia upright.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The important thing is you need a consistent source of ranged damage near the end and really, Wakka ain't providing that. If you have a honed Thundara (or two) Rydia should be able to handle the Gunners (at 60 and 65) but keeping her standing is a huge undertaking. The boss at 70 can put on the hurt, but there are ways around it and more importantly, you have full use of your team, unlike with the Gunners.

I'd say the level you need to be at depends on if you get lucky with any pulls. If you've got 5* weapons from the Relic Draw - particularly the FF7 ones - then you should be able to coast through at Lv25. If not, you might need to push closer to Lv30 to do it comfortably. Granted, if you're just gunning for Sephiroth instead of the Mastery bonuses, then it gets a bit less restrictive and you should be able to manage it at ~25 no matter what unless you really brick wall at the Hundred Gunner fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

The important thing is you need a consistent source of ranged damage near the end and really, Wakka ain't providing that. If you have a honed Thundara (or two) Rydia should be able to handle the Gunners (at 60 and 65) but keeping her standing is a huge undertaking.

I had Wakka solo the second gunner with a 4* bow when Rydia went down after casting a single Thundara.

• Locked thread