Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
LALALAMUMBA

not sure if racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Dees are gonna break 100

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Waaaaaaaaattttssssss!!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Dees fans have a lot to be excited about. :unsmith:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol that's game

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
we should try going down the other wing, nobody can see it coming into the forward line from that side of the ground because of the sun

e: just as i say that hogan takes a grab right in that spot

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
GAZ is...mortal. :stare:

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Ablett just dropped the... Matthew Warnock Cup?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I'm feeling legit excitement for the Dees right now.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Dees look pretty good though. Makes me happy.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Hogan gets us over 100 for the first time in over a year

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
First time over 100 since round 14, 2013.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Drugs posted:

Ablett just dropped the... Matthew Warnock Cup?

I like to think he looked up the ground, saw the advantage decision, and went 'nah that's bullshit' and deliberately fudged it

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Mitch Clark was bringing the whole team down, what a dick.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

hiddenmovement posted:

I like to think he looked up the ground, saw the advantage decision, and went 'nah that's bullshit' and deliberately fudged it

i think his shoulder screwed him up. he only reached for it with one arm.

suns defense is garbage.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Who's the fuckwit that went after garland?#17

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

may

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

woot woot. i dont even know how long its been since we have won in round 1

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

10 years!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Not since 05 the commentator said.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

A literal decade

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

snaeksikn posted:

10 years according to Dermie

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
This is going to be an expensive season if I have to fly up to watch every game from the Port Douglas pub

Should ask BigFooty to sponsor me

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Grats dees fans. Hope they make the 8. That was a really great performance. They only looked like poo poo for a minute in the 3rd, and that was when GAZ went super saiyan. Don't know if they played such a complete game last season.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

gently caress me I hate ladbrokes and their stupid ads. I would take Tom Waterhouse back in a heartbeat if I had the chance.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

They definitely never played like that.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Gee, I'm sure glad that was broadcast on FTA television.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Volkerball posted:

Grats dees fans. Hope they make the 8. That was a really great performance. They only looked like poo poo for a minute in the 3rd, and that was when GAZ went super saiyan. Don't know if they played such a complete game last season.

We had a few quarters like that but it's our most complete game since sacking bailey imo

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The ladbrokes segment literally had a banner there the whole time that said 'bet on every game of the afl.' Do it. Bet on them all. Aren't you a lad?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

realbez posted:

The ladbrokes segment literally had a banner there the whole time that said 'bet on every game of the afl.' Do it. Bet on them all. Aren't you a lad?

Yeah but I'm broke :(

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

Cheeeers

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
noice

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

mcdonald played well, didnt turn it over too much, still had his token shocker here and there but overall looked really good to continue his form from last year
garlett was pretty great. hope he grows out of being a complete moron off the field because if we can get a full year out of him it will make a big difference
newton looked good, not a bad first game of afl at all. looked dangerous whenever he had it, made a few bad decisions but overall a damaging game
vandenberg looks like he will become a coaches favourite with his effort in contests. im a fan
hogan crashed packs without hesitation, took some good grabs but also dropped a couple, and played high up the field here and there and didnt look out of his depth at all. if he plays like that every week he will keep dawes out of the side

overall a good team effort. they still dropped the bundle at times but it seemed to be restricted to 10 minute periods rather than entire quarters, and they were able to work their way back into things.

that said, a lot of the gold coast forwards looked pretty disinterested (bennell) or were ineffective (martin). gorringe tried hard. martin made howe look slow a few times but didn't really hurt us on the board. the suns also got pummelled in the ruck and their defence was a bit of a shambles.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Also apparently we are trying to make Sam frost the next Goodes, key forward key back midfielder and ruck

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lynch and Dixon being out is a huge hit to the forward line, so that can take a big step forward. That defense though, man. If you give up 8 kicks in scoring range without managing to get one possession that isn't a turnover, you're going to lose.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Turf looks like poo poo at anz just for a change.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Vandenberg and McIntosh on the pine, T.Miller on the ground

#Supercoachfail2015

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Football is an odd game. Dees :3:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

That was a much better game to watch then Rich V Carl. Actually exciting, flowing play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Myers has popped his shoulder.

• Locked thread