Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Naomi better win that goddamn belt finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Roman Reigns posted:

Naomi better win that goddamn belt finally.

What would she call it?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

What would she call it?

She'd wear it like Ziggler does and let Maggle do the real work.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I think Naomi still sucks and you people are all insane, so I hope that Charlotte just comes down and becomes lady Brock Lesnar for like a year, taking the title off Nikki, and then just rocking everyone else and having good matches with Paige.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

I think Naomi still sucks and you people are all insane, so I hope that Charlotte just comes down and becomes lady Brock Lesnar for like a year, taking the title off Nikki, and then just rocking everyone else and having good matches with Paige.

Naomi's athleticism is unmatched, but her ring psychology has always been poor. She either runs from spot to spot, or aimlessly moves around the ring without any real purpose of movement. You can tell her developmental period was short or poorly done.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

was that nakamura tweet in reference to anything. did bryan say he wanted to work him at some point or something

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

epitasis posted:

was that nakamura tweet in reference to anything. did bryan say he wanted to work him at some point or something

interview vid from yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsTC8FJppJU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sigma posted:

Naomi's athleticism is unmatched, but her ring psychology has always been poor. She either runs from spot to spot, or aimlessly moves around the ring without any real purpose of movement. You can tell her developmental period was short or poorly done.

Basically this. She needs to spend a few months in NXT learning poo poo. Honestly I think all the diva's except for Natalya could probably use that. So of course Natalya is the only one who's been sent back down for any time.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Sigma posted:

Naomi's athleticism is unmatched, but her ring psychology has always been poor.

so kind of like charlotte

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ty

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Naomi stood out in her NXT season, years ago, for being the only one who showed potential in the ring, other than AJ obviously. She has stayed at pretty much exactly that level ever since. I assume she was simply never trained to any significant degree. It'd be nice if that got fixed someday.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Alicia Fox has worked NXT and you can see improvement from being there.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I love when Simon Gotch does Q&A with fans

quote:

Simon Gotch ‏@GotchStyleWWE 18m18 minutes ago
“@TeamSimonGotch: Favorite DBZ character? #AskASir @GotchStyleWWE” Yamcha

He's the biggest goddamn nerd on the roster, the guy watches Spoony Experiment, Cinema Snob, Obscurus Lupa, and Todd in the Shadows for godsake!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Yamcha sucks.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

achillesforever6 posted:

I love when Simon Gotch does Q&A with fans

He's the biggest goddamn nerd on the roster, the guy watches Spoony Experiment, Cinema Snob, Obscurus Lupa, and Todd in the Shadows for godsake!

put him in a cosplay tag team with Xavier Woods :allears:

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Shine posted:

Yamcha sucks.

Jobbers are fun. Who here doesn't love Sandow and Ambrose

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Recoome Rules

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

achillesforever6 posted:

Poor guy, born without a functioning sense of humour.

Gotch is up there it seems, but Xavier Woods or Stardust could be the true biggest nerds, plus they both rub shoulders with the Giant Bomb guys on occasion, so they've got better taste.

Shine posted:

Yamcha sucks.

Maybe one of these days we'll get wrestlers dropping Ranma 1/2 references. I want to make jokes about Ryoga never breaking through the glass ceiling.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Delsaber posted:

Poor guy, born without a functioning sense of humour.

I dunno he enjoys Spoony, Lupa and Todd, how functional can his sense of humor be?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Shine posted:

Yamcha sucks.

I can see liking Yamcha. I mean, even Vegeta put him over once by jobbing to him.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Skaw posted:

I can see liking Yamcha. I mean, even Vegeta put him over once by jobbing to him.

vegeta is responsible for yamcha's death and then he steals his girl

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Yamcha accepts being a jobber. Vegeta, who'd he ever beat?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

oatgan posted:

Oh poo poo, yeah I was thinking of Yajirobe.

gently caress Yamcha.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Die Laughing posted:

Yamcha accepts being a jobber. Vegeta, who'd he ever beat?

goku

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Who then went on to completely make the victory meaningless by going Super Bullshit 3 and no-selling the entire fight. Besides he jobbed hard to Buu.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Vegeta is the Dean Ambrose of DBZ.

Everyone pretends he's a big deal, then he blows himself up against a fat guy because he's stupid.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Raditz is the actual best jobber. He put over his opponents in a good handicap match where everyone looked strong, even if Piccolo accidentally hit his finisher on Goku before making the pin.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Onmi posted:

I dunno he enjoys Spoony, Lupa and Todd, how functional can his sense of humor be?
Nah Lupa and Todd are cool (the former actually posts on here and is really open to criticism which is rare for that group of people)

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cinema Snob and Nostalgia Chick are the only ones I can stand every now and then and even then they can get grating. I think any sort of on-camera internet "reviewer" is going to get annoying eventually since they're basically free to gauge their own responses and standards and it's probably hard as poo poo to discern what is actual helpful criticism and what's just people being douchebags

And Omni I think that was the joke in the first place

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
> Wrestlers on Twitter - Yamcha & Nostalgia Chick discussion

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

Cinema Snob and Nostalgia Chick are the only ones I can stand every now and then and even then they can get grating. I think any sort of on-camera internet "reviewer" is going to get annoying eventually since they're basically free to gauge their own responses and standards and it's probably hard as poo poo to discern what is actual helpful criticism and what's just people being douchebags

And Omni I think that was the joke in the first place

Yeah I saw "Without" as "With" That was a failure on my part.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Shine posted:

Yamcha sucks.

Let's Go Yamcha

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Aesop Poprock posted:

For me I think the "look how snarky and cynical I am" style of reviewer had a very short built-in expiry date. It was old long before the current crop of YouTube "personalities" got in on the action. It's amazing to me that guys like Spoony are still doing it in 2015 and still on their own weird sites using Vimeo players or whatever. That whole genre feels like a complete relic.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Delsaber posted:

For me I think the "look how snarky and cynical I am" style of reviewer had a very short built-in expiry date. It was old long before the current crop of YouTube "personalities" got in on the action. It's amazing to me that guys like Spoony are still doing it in 2015 and still on their own weird sites using Vimeo players or whatever. That whole genre feels like a complete relic.

It helps that Spoony is literally broke-brained and from what I heard wasn't even taking his pills for years.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Let's Go Yamcha

yamcha: *dies*
me: same

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Delsaber posted:

Just for reference, the Angry Video Game Nerd, who is probably ground zero for this poo poo, started in 2004.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Anime Curator posted:

yamcha: *dies*
me: same

Truly, Yamcha is the everyman, the Daniel Bryan of his generation.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Delsaber posted:

The Plinkett/RedLetterMedia stuff should've put a bullet into the Angry, Sarcastic Youtube Reviewer gimmick. Shame it didn't.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Great White Hope posted:

Vegeta is the Dean Ambrose of DBZ.

Everyone pretends he's a big deal, then he blows himself up against a fat guy because he's stupid.

This is completely correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

oatgan posted:

So Vegeta is John Cena?