Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
West Coast spent the whole last season conceding goals inside the last minute, it's great that we are continuing on from where we left off :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Comeon Brisbane what the gently caress

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
"Spoken to the Dons and they reckon they've had the equivalent of 5 simulated matches this preseason, no chance they'll run out of legs."

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gough Suppressant posted:

"Spoken to the Dons and they reckon they've had the equivalent of 5 simulated matches this preseason, no chance they'll run out of legs."

A Good Avatar.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Diet Crack posted:

This is hosed, we have no tall defenders save for Will Schofield.

We need a mid season draft for poo poo like this. It absolutely cannot hurt to let clubs have a couple of picks of mature aged VFL/WAFL/SANFL listed players to fill in crucial on field positions when poo poo like this happens.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

hiddenmovement posted:

We need a mid season draft for poo poo like this. It absolutely cannot hurt to let clubs have a couple of picks of mature aged VFL/WAFL/SANFL listed players to fill in crucial on field positions when poo poo like this happens.

Yeah the Grandstand lads were discussing this, I think its a good idea, so many injuries at the start of this season, its like tying a clubs arms behind its back.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

That was not a good 50 metre penalty.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Pressure is solid in this game but we keep doing this retarded loving poo poo where there will be a man wide open to kick to down the wing, hesitate, then handball it to a guy on the run up the corridor who's about to get plastered by 3 dudes. It's so loving frustrating when we handball.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Lol Travis Cloke has a wall covered in framed "inspirational" quotes

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Jaeger O'Meara is already out for the season, so that's another of my early ultimate foot draft picks gone

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm really liking Matthew Campbell's commentary in the dogs eagles game.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I'm on track for 0/5 in tipping

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
THE BONT

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
This game is excellent! Go dogs!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah it's a tight one, Eagles get away but Doggies reel them back.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I'd still take watts over him :colbert:

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Carn Dogs

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Lions have kicked 4 in a row to bring the margin back to 28 points.
Lions have kicked 5 in a row to bring the margin back to 22 points.
Lions have kicked 6 in a row to bring the margin back to 16 points.
Lions have kicked 7 in a row to bring the margin back to 10 points.

:stare:

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Apr 4, 2015

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Ahh finally back home.

Went to see Manly lose to Canberra. I miss club songs and run-through banners.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I like that bulldogs are wearing their proper jumper

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
aaaa I don't know what game to watch, gently caress yeah football

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Colliwobbles taken the foot off eh? Dying in the last quarter?

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Seriously tough footy being played by Brisbane here.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Doctor Cave posted:

Okay, reminder for next year, don't tip Sydney in round one.

>:D

Suck it druggies.

Bulldogs should be 5 goals in front.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Apr 4, 2015

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Carn doggies Carn brissie

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

drunkill posted:

>:D

Suck it druggies.

I guess that's what happens when most of the team is under done.

Come the gently caress on eagles

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Too late for Brisbane I think.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Last time I checked the throat was above the shoulder

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

loving poo poo use of the ball and poo poo zoning by Simpson on defense regardless of having a man down. Way too easy for the Dogs to rebound out of their 50, nearly every time they just ran and scored across the entire ground. Dogs fully deserved to win in that 4th quarter after some loving shocking ball use by the Eagles.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Footballs alright

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
14.3 though. On the one hand, that's great kicking for goal. On the other hand, they were lucky to be that close with so few shots on goal.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Yeah, much better goal kicking but most of it was from set shots right infront. Ball entry into the 50 in the second half was near non existent after the first 5 mins of the half. Our forwards can't do poo poo when players are handballing it to trouble off halfback and through the middle of the ground. Yeo and Sheppard kept doing it to no end, or running straight into two guys mumbling on what to do with the ball. Too much faffing around kicking it to the wing and bombing it high, which payed off exactly 0 times in the 2nd half.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Decent footy for round 1 though, I'll give em that. Ominous signs for the future though with our defensive structures.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
If you're in Victoria go outside and look at the moon immediately.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

realbez posted:

If you're in Victoria go outside and look at the moon immediately.

Hmm, Victoria Media Lunar Bias :q:

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

I'm on suicide watch over Brownie's probable ACL. We must have angered the footy gods.

What a top day of footy though, with any luck the teams will keep up the pace without every drat player popping a shoulder or knee.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I know it's round 1 and all, but with what Lumumba, Garlett, Frost, Brayshaw, Newton and Vandenberg showed today I'm pretty happy with our off season.

Hogan finally playing a loving game was nice as well, and Watts popping up with one of his better ones.

Really impressed with Garland and especially McDonald today.

Viney and Garland held Ablett well, regardless of whether he was 100% or not.

Edit: hogans gotta be half a chance for the rising star nomination with that kid from Richmond. 7 marks 2 goals debuting as a key forward while taking the number 1 defender and spending a good portion of the time double teamed :drat:

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Apr 4, 2015

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Just to recap the current and speculated injury list from Round 1 so far:

-D. Thomas (CAR) - Shoulder - 2 weeks
-C. Yarran (CAR) - Knee - Test
-D. Myers (ESS) - Shoulder - 2 weeks+
-L. Parker (SYD) - Concussion - Test
-T. Rockliff (BL) - Broken Ribs - 2-4 weeks
-S. Sidebottom (COL) - Broken Thumb - 3-4 weeks
-M. Brown (WCE) - ACL - Season

That's a lot of big outs already.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Thomas is out for six minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Gough Suppressant posted:

I know it's round 1 and all, but with what Lumumba, Garlett, Frost, Brayshaw, Newton and Vandenberg showed today I'm pretty happy with our off season.

Hogan finally playing a loving game was nice as well, and Watts popping up with one of his better ones.

Really impressed with Garland and especially McDonald today.

Viney and Garland held Ablett well, regardless of whether he was 100% or not.

Edit: hogans gotta be half a chance for the rising star nomination with that kid from Richmond. 7 marks 2 goals debuting as a key forward while taking the number 1 defender and spending a good portion of the time double teamed :drat:
I thought Watts was probably best on today. Did some boneheaded things but stood up when it counted a few times. McDonald was excellent too though

• Locked thread