Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
A twist?

In a book?

This man is clearly way ahead of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

That last episode of Better Call Saul must've really floored him.

Unclean
Jun 28, 2002

Gimmedaroot posted:

GRRM is also a verb.
Have you ever been GRRMed?
Have you ever GRRMed someone else?

I'd bet half a groat that his nuncle GRRMed him as a child.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
"In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, the author revealed his plans to complete The Winds of Winter"

Hahaha, this literally counts as news now.

Other than not being true, obviously.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

quote:

In one intriguing new wrinkle, Martin says he just came up with a big, revealing twist on a long-time character that he never previously considered. “This is going to drive your readers crazy,” he teases, “but I love it. I’m still weighing whether to go that direction or not. It’s a great twist. It’s easy to do things that are shocking or unexpected, but they have to grow out of characters. They have to grow out of situations. Otherwise, it’s just being shocking for being shocking. But this is something that seems very organic and natural, and I could see how it would happen. And with the various three, four characters involved… it all makes sense. But it’s nothing I’ve ever thought of before. And it’s nothing they can do in the show, because the show has already—on this particular character—made a couple decisions that will preclude it, where in my case I have not made those decisions.”

"Take that, show writers" :smugdog:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

The Absolute Fucker posted:

"But it’s nothing I’ve ever thought of before."
Could this be something that brings him to being excited about actually writing? Is there hope or does it remain A Dream of The Winds of Winter?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

Could this be something that brings him to being excited about actually writing? Is there hope or does it remain A Dream of The Winds of Winter?

No.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
god dammit hes killing arya

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Pyp is a secret Targ.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If it's about Aegon, I couldn't care less.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I was wondering when GRRM would start going full on petulant passive aggressive against the show.

We ain't seen nothing yet folks. :munch:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm not sure where exactly he's seeing the show going off the path so hard he's going to do a double-backsies and leave them out on their own.

And I also realized I don't really care. He's going to make a bad book worse because after spitefully loving it up because too many people figured out his story-puzzles he's now going to spitefully change that story because HBO dared to stay on a schedule.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm not sure where exactly he's seeing the show going off the path so hard he's going to do a double-backsies and leave them out on their own.

Maybe it involves Stoneheart?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Stoneheart kills Jaime, that's the big twist the show can't do, readers predicted it years ago.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Stoneheart and Jaime realize how poo poo their own families are and join up with Aegon and win the big prize

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Stoneheart and Jaime realize how poo poo their own families are and join up with Aegon and win the big prize

this would unironically own

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Elman posted:

Everyone knows Benjen is Daario anyway.

Don't be stupid.
Daario is obviously Euron Greyjoy being warged by Benjen(who is also Cold Hands) as a part of a vast conspiracy to use the dragons to melt the wall and unleash the Ice Dragon that lives inside who will lead the Others to destroy the Isle of Faces because the Others are actually just a bit misunderstood but the Green Men are the real bad guys.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 3, 2015

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
There's literally nothing GRRM can come up with that would surprise any reader. Every corner has been researched, every ludicrous family combination looked at, any supernatural event thought about. Don't try to shock anyone and actually write something that makes sense.

But he won't cuz he's sour.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I hope his mission to spite the show breaks some kind of contractual agreement and HBO sues his fat rear end. Like if he radically changes the ending from what he told them.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Mike N Eich posted:

There's literally nothing GRRM can come up with that would surprise any reader. Every corner has been researched, every ludicrous family combination looked at, any supernatural event thought about.

You betcha. It's no surprise that he mentioned this Hugely Important Thing he may or may not do: so close to the season premier, GURM is struggling to stay relevant for as long as he can. And he is an attention whore.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"I'm about to be culturally neutered but before I do please let me jerk off in your face a few more times."

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

good to see he still doesn't have a loving roadmap for TWOW

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
This is pathetic. Really just simply pathetic. No matter what "twist" (like twists are some mark of quality writing) he comes up with the show is going to finish the big story notes and broad strokes of the world before him and no one is going to care that he decided to cut off someone elses dick or whatever.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 3, 2015

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

mind the walrus posted:

"I'm about to be culturally neutered but before I do please let me jerk off in your face a few more times."

perfection

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

New thread title?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

kcroy posted:

good to see he still doesn't have a loving roadmap for TWOW

loving lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So is it safe to say that GRRM is basically George Lucas? Puts out a few great books/movies with the help of very capable editors, buys into his own hype and surrounds himself with yes men, and then produces lazy egotistical bullshit?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So is it safe to say that GRRM is basically George Lucas? Puts out a few great books/movies with the help of very capable editors, buys into his own hype and surrounds himself with yes men, and then produces lazy egotistical bullshit?

And fans only actually enjoy one entry in the series.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

And just like George Lucas, the fate of the work he created has been snatched from his hands by the big entertainment conglomerate he sold it to for lots of money and given to men and women of greater talent and integrity to see through to its next evolution without him.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Is the older Arya chapter available somewhere?

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012

quote:

George R. R. Martin hopes to finish the next "Game of Thrones" book before Season 6 of the HBO series airs next year. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, the author revealed his plans to complete The Winds of Winter, and said he is considering a new twist that will shock readers.

"This is going to drive your readers crazy," he said. "But I love it. I'm still weighing whether to go that direction or not. It's a great twist."

He's been "writing" this section of the story for fifteen years and still has no idea what is going to happen, and is now stapling bullshit into the books just so that his story will be different from the show. Hoo boy.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Zeitgueist posted:

Is the older Arya chapter available somewhere?

I can't find the text but I found something reading it, if you want that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOjnssg688E

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm not convinced that anything Gurm has written or will write will ever reach the level of terribleness of the Star Wars prequels.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The "twist" is that Darth Vader will sit the Iron Throne.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Urdnot Fire posted:

What do you even read these books for, then?

Stomach turning sex scenes.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I would take back everything I said and this would be the best book ever if he burned the whole thing to the ground like this.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 4, 2015

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

OhYeah posted:

I'm not convinced that anything Gurm has written or will write will ever reach the level of terribleness of the Star Wars prequels.

Pear Shaped Mannakin

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Jar Jar Targaryen

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
Twist is going to be Ned Stark lives :getin:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Ross posted:

Twist is going to be Ned Stark lives :getin:

Ned's head on Gregor's body is Bob Strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Mike N Eich posted:

There's literally nothing GRRM can come up with that would surprise any reader. Every corner has been researched, every ludicrous family combination looked at, any supernatural event thought about. Don't try to shock anyone and actually write something that makes sense.

But he won't cuz he's sour.

The twist is he is actually going to finish the book, a true shock and twist to longtime readers everywhere