Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
It's like he came directly out of a 1970s F1 movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Exactly, Grosjean owns

He's so dreamy. :allears:

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Flavio - Grosjean - Kobayashi dreamteam

pair them with some gimmick manufacturer and a landmine/chewing tobacco consortium for maximum 70s.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Flavio - Grosjean - Kobayashi dreamteam

pair them with some gimmick manufacturer and a landmine/chewing tobacco consortium for maximum 70s.

Have them be based out of Italy for maximal sleaze.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

raytheon lamborghini

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

I honestly would love a Flavio - Alonso Title again.

Also, I missed this being posted in the thread, but Nico and Hamilton are having too much fun as teammates:
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/28/nico-rosberg-journalist-questions-lewis-hamilton

The Guardian posted:

Lewis Hamilton’s sometimes tense relationship with his Mercedes team-mate, Nico Rosberg, took a bizarre and slightly farcical turn on Saturday when the German driver posed as a journalist during the post-qualifying press conference at the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Hamilton played down the incident but Rosberg, from the back of the press conference, decided on an eccentric intervention. “Nico Rosberg, Mercedes AMG Petronas,” he began. “There are a lot of comments on Twitter saying Nico blocked you, is that true he blocked you on your second timed lap?”

Hamilton appeared amused and replied: “I think you should probably ask him, I think he’ll have a good opinion on that.” As the assembled journalists laughed, an apparently stung Rosberg shook his head and, despite the evidence, twice said: “That’s not funny.”

willcrouch fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 4, 2015

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Up until the ending of the article i thought nico and all involved were having a good sense of humor and it was a cool story. I want to believe some goon added the "thats not funny" ending :)

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I was enjoying that story until "an apparently stung Rosberg shook his head and, despite the evidence, twice said: “That’s not funny.”"

That's like Nico saying "You're mum's a slag, Lewis", everyone laughing and then Lewis saying "She's dead of the AIDS man. Not blessed."

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I hate Hamilton and the end of that article actually makes me like him slightly.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
What's with Rosberg making lame jokes and then being miffed when people play along?

As much as I dislike Vettel, seeing him win the race after Rosberg telling him he wanted them to race at the front with Mercedes was a bit satisfying.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

captainOrbital posted:

What's with Rosberg making lame jokes and then being miffed when people play along?

yeah i dont get that story. it doesnt make sense, it sounds like rosberg was foolling around and lewis didnt even say anything mean and seemed to be playing along :confused:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wish Glock-Kobayashi-Toyota was a thing.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Triple A posted:

Have them be based out of Italy for maximal sleaze.

Scuderia Haliburtoni Blackwater

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Helicon One posted:

Scuderia Haliburtoni Blackwater

They'll kill the competition.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

poopzilla posted:

They'll out-spend the competition with taxpayer dollars.

FTFY

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

poopzilla posted:

They'll kill dozens of spectators

Even more accurate

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I get it

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010
When do they announce the Formula E fanboost winners? I thought it was an hour before the race?

e: Oh, looks like it's ten minutes beforehand. Fair enough. Live coverage should start soon online I think.

The Sweet Hereafter fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 4, 2015

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Scott Speed

lol.

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010
Yeah, he did well last time but that was ambitious to say the least. There's a reason nobody else was cutting the chicane by that much.

That crash with Trulli was something. Almost looked like he got hit by both the cars behind him, but Pic can't really avoid the blame for that one.

Piquet was awesome at the start.

The Sweet Hereafter fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 5, 2015

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Charles PIC lol

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
So has China Racing had that livery all season? Because it owns.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
This series has turned out to be so awesome I legit feel bad about making fun of the idea before the season started.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Human Grand Prix posted:

I wish Glock-Kobayashi-Toyota was a thing.
Impossible, that may have resulted in a successful season for Toyota. Can't have any of that.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

poopzilla posted:

yeah i dont get that story. it doesnt make sense, it sounds like rosberg was foolling around and lewis didnt even say anything mean and seemed to be playing along :confused:

Rosberg's an arrogant Monegasque twat of German origin.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I hope at the end of the season they release the Formula E soundtrack

e:

HJB fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 5, 2015

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I didn't know formula e had its own worst thread

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
You know when the suck of a really spec-style series shines through? When a random driver wins every race and nobody cares enough about anybody to craft a dramatic storyline in their imagination (or their RSS feeds)

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, 6 different drivers from 5 different teams in 6 races. That's pretty damned good.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

MattD1zzl3 posted:

You know when the suck of a really spec-style series shines through? When a random driver wins every race and nobody cares enough about anybody to craft a dramatic storyline in their imagination (or their RSS feeds)

Aren't they allowed to design their own cars next year? Its only a spec series for this year because its the first one.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

formula E is little more that a tech demo for what F1 will be forced to do several years down the road

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

MustardFacial posted:

Aren't they allowed to design their own cars next year? Its only a spec series for this year because its the first one.

Yep! And the list of manufactures is pretty exciting.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
That has to be the best e-prix (cant believe I used that word) yet. Was great to see shenanigans on the LongBeach hairpin again.

Watched formula e this morning as I recorded it last night, and it finished just in time for the BTCC. I have had 10 hours of continuous racing today, with copious amounts of wine and a great roast beef dinner with roast potatoes cooked in goose fat that we had left over from Christmas. What a great easter this has been.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I don't think you watch formula-e

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Am I wrong or has like half the field of drivers in F-E disappeared by now? I remember a whole bunch of names that did like one race and went home. Weren't there two women at some point? Scott Speed has done what, two races?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I don't think you watch formula-e

I don't think he watches Formula 1 either.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Seriously though Formula E kicks rear end.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Am I wrong or has like half the field of drivers in F-E disappeared by now? I remember a whole bunch of names that did like one race and went home. Weren't there two women at some point? Scott Speed has done what, two races?

Yes, some of the smaller teams have had some turn over. Katherine was only ever doing the first couple because of her IMSA commitments but Cheruti was smart enough to notice it was going poorly and stepped aside. And Franck of course got himself permabanned.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

MustardFacial posted:

Not cars I believe but yes, powertrain dev starts to be opened up.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Dudley posted:

Not cars I believe but yes, powertrain dev starts to be opened up.

Yeah for the first year its locked as a spec series and next year (or this year when it starts again) they open the cars up for development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Norns posted:

Seriously though Formula E kicks rear end.

It's a nice sideshow, but that's basically it, oh and a graveyard for failed F1 drivers

• Locked thread