Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Someone check my numbers on this: running the saturday daily dungeon Gil Grasslands, strong enough to beat all of normal but only the first level of hard... the numbers work out better to keep running that first level of hard instead of going for the all-clear bonus on the normal mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'd agree with that. You get a lot of gold per enemy drop in hard mode. I don't think I got more than like 6k per thing of normal mode. Meanwhile you get like 15k just for running the first thing of hard mode once and a decent amount of exp.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
So is the only way to cause Blind the Physical move Dark Attack? I'm not seeing a Blind spell. Is it really that essential to beating the 70th floor boss?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Mischalaniouse posted:

So is the only way to cause Blind the Physical move Dark Attack? I'm not seeing a Blind spell. Is it really that essential to beating the 70th floor boss?

There's a 3* bow that does it, too. Rarely.

And no, you don't need it for Rufus. I did without. I didn't master it, but if you have some decent FF7 gear, it's possible to do at 25-26.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Awwww the first time clear bonus on event stages doesn't reset between weeks? Booooooo

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Since folks were grabbing the Light Rod/Staff I joined in and discovered that this give alternate Soul Breaks to the Black/White Mages. They aren't that great, but I thought it was neat. They cost a single unit and increase Magic/Mind, respectively.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
For dudes Stonewalling on the ranged event bosses because Rydia keeps dying-

Cast Protect on her. It doubles her defense. :ssh: It makes keeping her alive a LOT easier.

Edit: Oh neat, got a fourth mythril armlet from the common Gacha. Immediately used it as combination fodder.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

wall monitor posted:

Someone check my numbers on this: running the saturday daily dungeon Gil Grasslands, strong enough to beat all of normal but only the first level of hard... the numbers work out better to keep running that first level of hard instead of going for the all-clear bonus on the normal mode?

What level is your party?

[e] A few newbie questions:

What is suggested for Elite Underground Waterway in terms of min party level (assuming no gacha gear) and Thundara/Thunderstrike? I assume I want 2/5 of each, but wonder if I can do it with maybe 2/5 thundara, 1/5 thunderstrike or with 1/5 of both.

Where is the best place to farm Lesser Lightning and Lesser Black Orbs? Not including daily dungeons.

Boozie fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 4, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
:siren: Tips for Goons having issues with the flying bosses in the Shinra event :siren:
0. If you pulled a 5 star weapon like Masamune or Buster Sword give that to Tyro and have him use Jump (after someone uses Boost on him) and he'll probably 2 shot the bosses if not one shot them. Otherwise...
1. Do you have Thundaga and Thunder Strike? No? Get both. 2 uses of each is fine, more is always welcome. 6 uses of Thunder is good to have as well.
2. Are you concerned about Rydia's Thundaga damage? Clear the waterway expert dungeon in FF4 for a 4 star rod for her (you should do this at some point regardless).
2a. Toss Fire on Tyro for the waterway and he can use it to one-shot the melee resistant enemies so you clear the stuff faster and don't lose points for taking too many actions.
2b. Make sure he or someone else has boost so they can boost Cloud's damage before he uses thunder strike.
2c. Have Rydia break out the Thunder once she uses up Thundaga if Octomann isn't dead.
3. Have you leveled Kain some? Give him Jump because it hits the ranged bosses.
4. Give Tyro a ranged weapon. You geta 3 star harp from a normal dungeon and that can work well enough if you didn't pull a 3-4 star bow or other ranged weapon.
5. When you go in to the fight have someone boost Tyro before he uses Thunder Strike and Kain before using jump. You can Boost them on waves 1/3 or 2/3 so they go in to the boss fight buffed if you want.
6. Thunder Strike with Tyro then attack once he runs out. Kain should use Jump until it's out then Double Jump. Rydia (or Black mage if you're using him(don't, imo)) should hit with Thundaga and then Thunder if the boss isn't dead.

Realistically unless you're a really low level, like 20 or lower, and your weapons are terrible and/or level 1, the bosses should go down. They don't have much HP and if Rydia has the Light Rod from the expert dungeon and 2 Thundaga and 4-6 Thunders she can probably do enough damage by herself to kill at least the first flying boss.

As a note, when I went through expert waterway my team was all 25+ and I only had 2 uses of thunder strike and thundara, and 6 for thunder. Tyro boosted (and cured, since he had the light staff from FF7's elite dungeon) and used fire on the jelly enemies and after Cecil ran out of thunder strike he used ice strike. If you have 4 uses of thunder strike and thundara, coupled with other characters doing damage and Rydia having Thunder for backup you should have plenty of damage. You might be able to slow the boss with Tidus's Delay Attack as well, which would make damage less of a worry.

cirus posted:

I have 39 mithril and will probably have 50 by the end of the event. Would it be better to just hoard mithril until there are more 5* items?

Wouldn't hurt unless you really want to pull during the Masamune rate up and are afraid it might change to something else first.

Nuebot posted:

Well I was thoroughly proven wrong and super lucky at this game. I'm sorry.

I just noticed this game doesn't have a friend system like every other free game, weird.

It does but it wasn't in at launch so we probably won't have it here for a little while either. Friends don't add a 6th party member for you though (as nice as that'd be) but rather lets you use the friend's limit break and its damage is affected by who uses it: IE if you bring a buddy Sephiroth you want your (boosted) melee characters to use him and not a caster. At some point I went from 1 to 2 uses for friends' limit break ability and I'm at 50/100 friend slots I think. It's a bit weird but having 2 breaks to fire off at any time is insanely useful for hard boss fights.

When the system comes here I'll add info on it to the OP since it's not too relevant right now (and I can't really read Japanese so I'd likely miss things).

Nuebot posted:

If it gets a boost in the FFV missions that'll be nice.

EDIT: I've gotten three free daily rolls today alone. It was like this when the tifa glove update went live too, every few hours I got a free daily roll try. I'm not sure if I'm the only one, or if everyone gets it. But I suggest checking.

At launch in Japan the free relic was 3x a day so maybe it actually is here as well and they just put 1x a day on the banner. I've only gone in and checked once a day so I didn't notice it was back up. Just did another pull right now and got a mithril armlet to upgrade Cloud's with. Only too 3 more tries to get a 2nd Black Cowl too from Siren. :toot:

NightfallGemini posted:

There's lots of stuttering in the main UI, but it's smooth during battles on my Galaxy S5.

So is there any word on when more characters will be added to the English version? Having Kain is cool but no Cecil to go with is kind of disappointing.

If we get events at a pace like in Japan then the next event dungeon should start either right after this one ends or even a few days earlier with some overlap. The Golbez/Tellah Dungeon's not ended yet in Japan but the next event dungeon with Zack has already started. The Golbez dungeon required you to clear everything in order when you can normally do expert levels as soon as you master the normal one, but the Zack dungeon is back to that old method where you can run Expert dungeons whenever.

wall monitor posted:

I get about 5700-11000 Gil per level of the Hard daily dungeon. If you can manage a clear on Hard then Hard is usually better. My team's in the 32-34 range (except Sephiroth at 24) and I managed to master clear the Hard daily but I still just do 1-2 stages going all out and then retreat unless I'm sure I can push through the last stage for the extra gil from completion. Part of me wants to farm Rufus for Summon orbs just to have 1-2 AOE summons for future content with annoying groups of enemies for a boss fight (Calbrena, Magus Sisters to a lesser extent) but I also just want to farm a ton of Gil and XP this weekend and Orbs over the weekdays.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So the IAP is gems and each pull is $2.99 right? Unless I'm missing something.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

MarcusSA posted:

So the IAP is gems and each pull is $2.99 right? Unless I'm missing something.

Yep, that's right.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

My free Relic Draw today was a fourth pair of Sonic Knuckles. Thanks, game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yay, a useless helmet that's weaker than anything else in my inventory.
"1 Free Item a day" is nothing but PR double-speak! :argh:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Augus posted:

Yay, a useless helmet that's weaker than anything else in my inventory.
"1 Free Item a day" is nothing but PR double-speak! :argh:

It's best just to think of it as a few extra gil a day. I've been playing since the official launch in the US and I have yet to pull anything but 1 star poo poo items from it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Re: Free Relic Chat

In Japan you now have a higher chance of pulling a 5 star (10%) from the paid relic pulls than a free 3 star. :v:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I've been pretty lucky with this game so far. Pulled both the Buster Sword and the Masamune

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

I've pulled probably 12 times and the only really neat thing I've gotten was a 4-star armor that boosts magic/attack (crystal bangle), which went right onto Rydia. I'm now out of dungeons I can actually beat for mythril, so it's a slow slog for daily pulls plus event drops.

I did pull a 3-star off the free relic pull once too (it was some garbage armor though.)

Overall this game is just reminiscent enough of PAD to be irritating, yet nostalgic enough to keep me from uninstalling.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I've been pretty lucky with this game so far. Pulled both the Buster Sword and the Masamune

Just with free pulls? :catstare:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Jibo posted:

It's best just to think of it as a few extra gil a day. I've been playing since the official launch in the US and I have yet to pull anything but 1 star poo poo items from it.

I got a 3* Silver Armlet today, so you can get decent stuff, at least.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

wall monitor posted:

Eh, for me I don't think it's as efficient. I just tried a run of Hard, and could only manage Expert instead of Champion, so I only got 150% EXP modifier- resulting in around 4500. For the same stamina I can champion a Normal level twice, getting closer to 6000 EXP. I got about 10,000 Gil on Hard, but I was regularly getting 4500 Gil on Normal stages, plus the 5000 completion bonus. (Plus Rydia died to a 1300 HP hit in hard, so she didn't get squat from it).

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Evil Fluffy posted:

Just with free pulls? :catstare:

Yep! Haven't paid anything anyway, just using the pulls the game gives me.

Of course I've probably jinxed myself and now am doomed to a lifetime of 3 star pulls

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Two more pulls today two more lovely 3 star weapons.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Got my third Black Cowl.

I'm going to fuse them into a 5* :black101: item, since I already have plenty of 2* FF4 armor.

Edit: Goddamit, that used up like 90,000 gil. :psyduck:

At least I have one hell of an armor piece for when the Cecil dungeon hits. And for the FF4 elites. :black101:

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 4, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Unless you're using 3 casters for some odd reason I'd just make a single 5 star cowl. Also farm up a bunch of gil so you can afford to max level it if you don't have lots of adamantite lying around.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Unless you're using 3 casters for some odd reason I'd just make a single 5 star cowl. Also farm up a bunch of gil so you can afford to max level it if you don't have lots of adamantite lying around.

I had a ton of adamantite. 85,000 of that cost was just the combining fee.

Time to hit the grasslands some more. :black101:

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 4, 2015

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

triplexpac posted:

Yep! Haven't paid anything anyway, just using the pulls the game gives me.

Of course I've probably jinxed myself and now am doomed to a lifetime of 3 star pulls

I'm currently planning to use voodoo magic to steal all of your luck.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
So I'm a bit confused on one thing: is there a way to just run one round of a Hard daily and get the gil/loot from it?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

triplexpac posted:

So I'm a bit confused on one thing: is there a way to just run one round of a Hard daily and get the gil/loot from it?

Well, one set of battles. In between segments you can go to your "Camp" and select "retreat". You keep whatever you've gotten so far.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

triplexpac posted:

Yeah, run it, then go to Camp and retreat.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
Got to do my 11 pull for the Masamune. Was really hoping.

Didn't get a single 5* and only two 4* (both armor). gently caress you too, RNG.

At least I have a bunch of good 3* gear from a variety of the games now, I guess :sigh:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Got my third Black Cowl.

I'm going to fuse them into a 5* :black101: item, since I already have plenty of 2* FF4 armor.

Edit: Goddamit, that used up like 90,000 gil. :psyduck:

At least I have one hell of an armor piece for when the Cecil dungeon hits. And for the FF4 elites. :black101:

What is the Cecil dungeon and do we know when it is coming?

I can see this game getting boring unless there is pretty much always an event dungeon to work on.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
So I cleared all the normal levels and now hardly get any mithril. I didn't get any of the ffvii weapons from the relic draws.

Wondering if it's not a bad idea to just start over since the frequent stamina gems allow you to plow through the classic levels pretty quick.

Or I should just stop having crazy thoughts while waiting for stamina to refill.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Schwartzcough posted:

Well, one set of battles. In between segments you can go to your "Camp" and select "retreat". You keep whatever you've gotten so far.

Oh cool, I'll do that then! Thanks.

Kyoujin posted:

So I cleared all the normal levels and now hardly get any mithril. I didn't get any of the ffvii weapons from the relic draws.

Wondering if it's not a bad idea to just start over since the frequent stamina gems allow you to plow through the classic levels pretty quick.

Or I should just stop having crazy thoughts while waiting for stamina to refill.

Did you get any high level stuff at all? Or were all your relic pulls 3 stars

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Kyoujin posted:

From what I gather it's very difficult to "start over." Like, you need to reset your device to factory default. I haven't tried it, but apparently just deleting the app and clearing the cache won't do it.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Good to know, saves me from replaying everything. Hopefully if I hit the exp daily a bunch when it comes up I'll be able to get enough levels to make up for 3 star weapons and clear Shinra.

Schwartzcough posted:

From what I gather it's very difficult to "start over." Like, you need to reset your device to factory default. I haven't tried it, but apparently just deleting the app and clearing the cache won't do it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

For those asking about Elite Underground Waterway: It's about even with the difficulty of 60F. Octomammoth has more HP than Hundred Gunner, but in compensation, you can wail on it with Thunder Strike with Cloud instead of Tyro and its attacks are easier to manage. If you can get the Light Rod, you're good to go on Shinra Tower. Likewise, if you managed to push through Hundred Gunner, you can go and get the Light Rod to make the Heli Gunner a little easier.

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011
Even with good gear a lot of elite dungeons hit too hard.
Guess I need exp dungeon and maybe weapon upgrade dungeon.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Schwartzcough posted:

I haven't tried it but past DeNa games latch on to your device ID so restarting means changing it which you can usually only do by rooting your phone and probably loving up other apps.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Is it better to get Ice Strike or Blind Attack? I imagine Ice Strike would be useful for some of the Elite FFIV bosses, while Blind Attack would just be a useful generic ability (like for Rufus or Kimahri).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jibo posted:

I haven't tried it but past DeNa games latch on to your device ID so restarting means changing it which you can usually only do by rooting your phone and probably loving up other apps.
I wonder if you could borrow another device and save a new account, then restore from that over your own?

• Locked thread