Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

Kanfy posted:

Smile and optimism is probably the most famous line from the show so it pretty much has to be that one.
My bad memory prevents me from remembering what this line is from specifically. Can someone refresh my memory please? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

cubeboy posted:

My bad memory prevents me from remembering what this line is from specifically. Can someone refresh my memory please? :)

It's from Quest of Ki part 2, after he clears floor 94.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Kakaricho posted:

In "Arino's kind of mean sometimes" news, Nanako Kodama, a model, posted on her Twitter that "It's April 3rd, so I'm 28. I hope everyone will keep supporting me!"
Arino's response? "You're one step closer to being an oooooooooooooooooold lady. Happy Bday."

https://twitter.com/arimorokoshi415/status/583790072983486464

That's not that mean? If he knows her that is. Telling younger friends "God, you're so old now!" jokingly on their birthday is pretty normal.

I just started watching earlier this year, I just finished Adventure Island so I have a while to catch up. I know they made NES games hard to stretch out the value, but jesus Hudson, 28 hours with the optional continues, for a game the length of Super Mario Bros is a BIT excessive.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Adventure Island is not 28 hours hard unless you're Arino. I beat it as a 7 year old. :v:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Caitlin posted:

Adventure Island is not 28 hours hard unless you're Arino. I beat it as a 7 year old. :v:

You are also a literal world champion arcade game master. :v:

Adventure Island's difficulty mostly stems from late game deaths where you don't get weapons for a while.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Caitlin posted:

It was one of the AD's that took 28 hours. Arino gave up on 7-1.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

It was one of the AD's that took 28 hours. Arino gave up on 7-1.

It wasn't just "one of the ADs" - it was Ace Urakawa.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Hahah! Let me rephrase, though. I wasn't trying to sit there and do it at one sitting as a 7 year old either. I'm not sure how far I could get in it right now since I haven't played it in probably a decade or more, but I still remember a lot of it. It's a lot of memorization.

univbee posted:

You are also a literal world champion arcade game master. :v:

Adventure Island's difficulty mostly stems from late game deaths where you don't get weapons for a while.

I can agree with that :v: but also, maybe games like Adventure Island are what gave me the patience to sit there and memorize entire games so... thanks, Hudson? :shobon:

e : AI was the first game I had for the NES, personally

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Takahashi would have that poo poo beaten in like 3 hours

TEAM CARDIGAN

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

Takahashi would have that poo poo beaten in like 3 hours

TEAM CARDIGAN

Well, yeah. Takahashi's the most dangerous AD of them all.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Game Center CX - It's like Top Gear but less punching people

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Acer Pilot posted:

Game Center CX - It's like Top Gear but less punching people

Game Center CX - Just try to punch our producer.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Game Center CX - SHOCKING VIDEOS MAX

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Random Stranger posted:

Well, yeah. Takahashi's the most dangerous AD of them all.

When I asked Kan which AD is the best at video games, he said Emoto, which surprised me. I would've expected Takahashi.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

zari-gani posted:

When I asked Kan which AD is the best at video games, he said Emoto, which surprised me. I would've expected Takahashi.

Takahashi seems more consistent on camera. Maybe Emoto just gets nervous during shooting.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Kakaricho posted:

Game Center CX - Just try to punch our producer.

Game Center CX - You better hope he stays behind the camera

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The mystery book about the show is on sale today (April 4th), you can see pictures of the events at the hashtag #ナゾトクアーガの塔

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Apr 4, 2015

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Having watched a bit further, may I suggest: Game Center CX - No Chance of Winning As An Eggplant?

Also, what's the GCCX Legend they mention at the end of Season 4? Is it one of the specials?

A Fancy 400 lbs fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 4, 2015

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Kakaricho posted:

I also like this as a general draw for people who don't know the show well (I use that line sometimes when SHTF at work), but as a fan, personally it's gotta be...

In "Arino's kind of mean sometimes" news, Nanako Kodama, a model, posted on her Twitter that "It's April 3rd, so I'm 28. I hope everyone will keep supporting me!"
Arino's response? "You're one step closer to being an oooooooooooooooooold lady. Happy Bday."

https://twitter.com/arimorokoshi415/status/583790072983486464

If it makes you feel better, her response says something like, "Thanks, Papa Arino! I'll become lovable oooooooold lady. Haha!"

Edit: For the title, I think I'd prefer something descriptive over an in-joke. Something like, "An old man who's not very good at video games."

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Nickoten posted:

If it makes you feel better, her response says something like, "Thanks, Papa Arino! I'll become lovable oooooooold lady. Haha!"

I know, it was just funny that he crapped on someone's birthday. He's always mean to Sarina, the one and only Tamage guest star too.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
Game Center CX - abunai Abunai ABUNAI ! ! !

e: voting for

FredMSloniker posted:

Game Center CX - His smile and optimism: gone

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I'm fond of Game Center CX - Forever falling into Game Over Hell

The smile and optimism line is top notch too though.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

FredMSloniker posted:

Game Center CX - His smile and optimism: gone

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
While we're at it, should we start a new thread? The OP has outdated information, if I'm not mistaken, and this one is 500 pages long...

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Makes sense to me.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

As long as someone links it when it goes up.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Making a new thread and/or changing the thread name has come up every other month for years now.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I want to say I remember something about zari-gani enjoying Wagyan land? This blog just posted some scans of some artwork from the manual of the Game Gear version: http://thevideogameartarchive.tumblr.com/

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Light Gun Man posted:

I want to say I remember something about zari-gani enjoying Wagyan land? This blog just posted some scans of some artwork from the manual of the Game Gear version: http://thevideogameartarchive.tumblr.com/

I'm learning a whole lot about Battle Clash from this link, like "the manual art is awesome" and "holy poo poo the JP name is SPACE BAZOOKA".

You're my favourite, Mike Anderson:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I, too, support the idea of a new thread.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Kanfy posted:

Smile and optimism is probably the most famous line from the show so it pretty much has to be that one.

That said if images could be thread titles, it should definitely be this one.

What ep was that?

I also vote for His smile and optimism: gone.

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN
I always liked this line

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Dr. Furious posted:

I always liked this line

It is, though!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dr. Furious posted:

I always liked this line

It's the face he makes afterwards that makes it

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I should program a bot that periodically tweets existentialist-sounding quotes from the show, like that one or "So hopeless, so early in the morning..."

Also, I wish there was a way to put GIFs in the thread title:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Myron posted:

What ep was that?

I also vote for His smile and optimism: gone.

It's from Transformers: Mystery of Convoy after he messes up the continue again.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Dr. Furious posted:

I always liked this line

You just reminded me of this little part from the Child Rearing Quiz episode, which I re-watched the other day, where fellow dad Suda was trying to help Arino with some of the questions.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
My favourite parts of Game Center CX are when someone says something that out of context could also be really deep advice about life.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Which episode is it where Arino says something like "When it says 'time', does it mean time? ...That was a really stupid thing to say."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Andorra posted:

Which episode is it where Arino says something like "When it says 'time', does it mean time? ...That was a really stupid thing to say."

Umihara Kawase.