Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Carn Port!

Brad Ebert has really come into his own after switching from the Eagles, is good to see as he was always good but struggled to get minutes in when we still had a decent midfield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Freo are diving hard across the board tonight.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Let me guess, Mundy and Walters are flopping around like fish?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

Let me guess, Mundy and Walters are flopping around like fish?

Suban and a few others too

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
gently caress Ross Lyon so hard. The Crows and North played a way more exciting brand of footy today than this and it's a close game between two good sides.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I did laugh when the commentators said "it's now or never for these two sides". Port can go on with this list for the better part of a decade.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Well, Sunday has improved my tipping somewhat. Really wish this state would have the occasional Crows match.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
So it seems like this year's annoying catch phrase all the commentators are using is 'puts it to grass.'

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think Dwayne said that a player 'skied' a ball earlier in this game. Skied it.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
We could have had Wines. Instead we took Toumpas :negative:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

At the time of the draft it was "ummm why did GWS take Plowman over Toumpas". The Bulldogs passed on Wines too.

It's the same with Scully. He is poo poo. Real poo poo, i don't know how he is getting games for GWS anymore. But at the time he was clear #1

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
How is that holding the ball by monfries?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Windmill Hut posted:

At the time of the draft it was "ummm why did GWS take Plowman over Toumpas". The Bulldogs passed on Wines too.

It's the same with Scully. He is poo poo. Real poo poo, i don't know how he is getting games for GWS anymore. But at the time he was clear #1

From memory it was that wines and Viney were too similar, we didn't go for the best player available

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

gently caress sake, get this back Port

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Am I weird for wanting freo to win?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

realbez posted:

Yes.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

What the gently caress are you DOING

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
*collects wingard clean in the head with his trailing elbow*

"Was that just incidental contact? Big call by the umpire"

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

realbez posted:

My Hawks mate is the same. You're threatened by them!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Windmill Hut posted:

My Hawks mate is the same. You're threatened by them!

Yeah it's not because I like freo, it's just that I'll support anyone doing damage to Port's season this year.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Nah gently caress that. Which team do I prefer watching? Port. Are they more likely to challenge us than Freo? Yes.

I just really hate the way Ross Lyon tries to put everyone to sleep.

Port vs Sydney will be interesting.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

realbez posted:

Weird wanting anything besides the draw imho

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"It brings a tear to your eye, to see such a beautiful game played so magnificently.."
*Pan zoom out shot of ground shows All 18 Freo players in the defensive zone*

gently caress Ross. The loving commentary, it's like they're high on nitrous.

Brad Ebert had a monster night, 163 - 34 disposals, 7 tackles and a goal.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Apr 5, 2015

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
The Beautiful Game = means bugger-all scoring, I take it.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Deadly Hume posted:

Nah gently caress that. Which team do I prefer watching? Port. Are they more likely to challenge us than Freo? Yes.

I just really hate the way Ross Lyon tries to put everyone to sleep.

Port vs Sydney will be interesting.

I only care about attractive football if it doesn't hurt us. I'll love watching port tear up the easy games but these 50/50 ones I'd prefer they lose.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

cmndstab posted:

Weird wanting anything besides the draw imho

A draw at 68 each would have been hilarious. These low scoring games are terrible.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Zacks a bit of alright. Wrong result but a good game. Keep on keeping on season 2015

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

realbez posted:

A draw at 68 each would have been hilarious. These low scoring games are terrible.

The 3rd quarter of the Adelaide game was wicked. Hard, fast, aggressive as hell and good players were free to be good players. Matthews suggested it might be because the players werent match fit and it was opening it up a bit.

1 man interchange bench plz.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

The 3rd quarter of the Adelaide game was wicked. Hard, fast, aggressive as hell and good players were free to be good players. Matthews suggested it might be because the players werent match fit and it was opening it up a bit.

Kevin?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
1 on the pine, 3 subs for injuries.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
On the freo bandwagon this season.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Freo sucks. Ross Lyon sucks.

Tex Walker is the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6q-QA5zuBU
:gizz:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

realbez posted:

Honestly don't know how anyone can sit there week in week out supporting a team that doesn't crack three goals a quarter tbh

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Dwayne Russell goes absolutely fuckin bananas for Fremantle. It's disgusting.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Gough Suppressant posted:

Honestly don't know how anyone can sit there week in week out supporting a team that doesn't crack three goals a quarter tbh

Pretty easily when it results in a win more often than not.

I'll be happy when we can get one of the new big forwards down there to help Pav and the midgets out.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Gough Suppressant posted:

Was there a Sunday inquisition on abc today?

Oh for anyone wondering, it seems it's been replaced by "the Sunday huddle", which appears to be mainly a talkback show. FUCKS SAKE

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 5, 2015

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Abugadu posted:

On the freo bandwagon this season.

Same, a team that does what their loving coach tells them to do, and maintained pressure. Port were fumble-fingers, they made stupid mistakes.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

hiddenmovement posted:

No

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
The herald sun has a piece on a millionaire Essendon coterie group member who is bragging about getting Shane Charter to meet with Essendon lawyers, during which Charter briefed them on the position of ASADAs case, mysteriously "discovered" new documents in his Shanghai office, and started floating theories about how it maybe possibly wasn't TB-4 that he imported after all.

Of course being the James Hird appreciation society, the Hun seems to think this is just a guy going the extra mile for the club he supports rather than tampering with a loving witness.

#whateverwetake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Imagine if they win a premiership.

• Locked thread