Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

A Pinball Wizard posted:

from the "bitcoin foundation is bankrupt" thread:

reminder, the OP of the thread (a bitcoin foundation board member) is the same Olivier Janssens who is referred to simply as the "Belgian Racist" in this Reason magazine blog post:

http://reason.com/blog/2013/09/25/belgian-racist-uses-spurious-copyright-c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Boxturret posted:

please post more of these stories they're great and i'm too cheap to buy archives

there was a tcc recap thread in gbs that had some good stories until they ruined it

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3684376

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Herman Merman posted:

reminder, the OP of the thread (a bitcoin foundation board member) is the same Olivier Janssens who is referred to simply as the "Belgian Racist" in this Reason magazine blog post:

when even loving reason magazine considers you a nutcase, oh man

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the reason tcc has a rule about not asking people to ID random pills you found in the street is because people were finding random pills in the street and then taking them because someone on the internet said they were probably safe

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

suffix posted:

there was a tcc recap thread in gbs that had some good stories until they ruined it

when even loving gbs considers you a nutcase, oh man

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

jony ive aces posted:

when even loving gbs considers you a nutcase, oh man

reason is pretty much the gbs of political punditry tho

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sweevo posted:

the reason tcc has a rule about not asking people to ID random pills you found in the street is because people were finding random pills in the street and then taking them because someone on the internet said they were probably safe

yeah but c'mon let's be real here, they were going to take them anyway

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
guys I've got an idea:

phenazepam, but with Bitcoin.

"too nervous about the price? can't talk to businesses and get them to accept Bitcoin because of your anxiety? want to feel better? PHENAZEPAM!"

make it Bitcoin only and people would be (not) buying grand pianos in a week, and /r/Bitcoin would look like the joose thread.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
More stupid bitcoin poo poo.

How to Make a Bitcoin Address With a TI-89 Calculator

You only have to roll a 12 sided dice 72 times!

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
tcc stories just depress me. i hope mentally ill goons can find a good psychiatrist who will treat their problems in a way that doesnt involve losing their job or buying a piano

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

therapy doesn't work. they should do lsd instead

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

tcc stories are eerily close to Bitcoin stories.

"well 99% of people have lost money but I will be different"

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Splicer posted:

this is literally Comp Sci 101. your first four classes are Hello My Name Is Professor Computerguy -> here's how to get your compiler working-> HelloWorld.java -> let's talk about primitives

I wouldn't worry about it, they talk about primitives on Reddit a lot too.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sweevo posted:

harm reduction doesn't work. they should do lsd instead

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I wouldn't worry about it, they talk about primitives on Reddit a lot too.

:golfclap:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Herman Merman posted:

hes also the dude who went all in on "i have proof karples tried to kill his employees" to "whoops" in the span of a few days

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

guys I've got an idea:

phenazepam, but with Bitcoin.

"too nervous about the price? can't talk to businesses and get them to accept Bitcoin because of your anxiety? want to feel better? PHENAZEPAM!"

make it Bitcoin only and people would be (not) buying grand pianos in a week, and /r/Bitcoin would look like the joose thread.

i need to find the post history of the goon who went looking for sweet black tar bitcoins in Houston

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

which forum has killed the most people at this point: tfr or tcc?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sweevo posted:

pi

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Sweevo posted:

people or posters

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

JamesieAB posted:

More stupid bitcoin poo poo.

How to Make a Bitcoin Address With a TI-89 Calculator

You only have to roll a 12 sided dice 72 times!

i was going to joke about this being the only way to avoid having your money stolen by :nsa:

then i clicked on the link and discovered that that is, in fact, what bitcoiners really believe

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Sweevo posted:

TFR has only killed the pukkins guy (and two other people related to that) as far as I know

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

Sweevo posted:

gip

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

lol

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

:drat:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
nice!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

suffix posted:

quote:

Feeling quite loose now, I decided I should smoke some weed, but I inexplicably decided to first pack the bowl with the remnants of some DMT I'd been saving. I had some trouble doing this, my physical movements were a bit too loose, but somehow I got it all loaded up, and torched the fucker. Needless to say, things got weird at this point. The marijuana came on like a freight train, and I realized that there was a miniature cowboy standing near me, not exactly in my field of vision, but also not outside of it. The realization I had was "ha! I have found the perfect combo! This is just going to be like a normal weed experience, except that this little Yellow Cowboy will be my guide!" In my head, I could already see all the great adventures we were going to have, how he would be the Ram Das to my Leary. Needless to say, the cowboy vaporized completely in another five seconds, and the joose was kicking me hard enough that it didn't really seem to matter.

lol

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

the best TCC quote is the Zelda one

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
the best part is in the second thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3583393

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Subjunctive posted:

the best TCC quote is the Zelda one

i don't think that was a tcc quote

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ayn rand hand job posted:

i don't think that was a tcc quote
it wasn't

quote:

i opened the MMB and i did do some research, like this is the most powerful drug i've ever done and i was expecting it to be however, in my screwed up lil high mind i just put a bit less in than i had been doing prior and i gained consciousness in an ambulance outside my house, i think i was being violent ........ (against my nature) cause i got the feeling that the people in the ambulance with me were having a hard time, anyways i then threatened the guy to let me off the ambulance and i went back to bed only to wake up naked on the floor being handcuffed and taken to hospital. Interesting to note despite being incredibly drugged out of my face i managed to hide the MMB in my boxers the entire day.

I get home...... that was very stressful i said, i think i need a JOINT after that.............. regained consciousness in hospital in the same day LOL, i even made extra special care to like 1/3rd my dose honestly you could barely tell there was a substance in my cigarette. Got home, and .......... had another joint the ambulance was called again.

This is really not normal for me and i can't explain to you why i kept doing this to myself but understand i rarely ever touch drugs maybe once a year i'll get "drug urges" and order some RC'S that's all.

Anyways i order the same a week later after doing more research and i was hospitalised for the 3rd time after the 2 grams of thj, when i hot home.

I was putting in THREE specs of the finest powder at the end of a cigarette and finally managed to just relax and get high but you know what? I prefer the high THJ2201 has over this, because this stuff is more like "indica" and will put you to sleep, tjh2201 is much more mentally altering.

In conclusion even if you know your amounts and are measuring volumetrically - you don't know how this will effect you just leave it

As for effects i have no idea lol it's like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to hospital.
it wasn't even about da joose, since it's these two posts on some other forum

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 5, 2015

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
From http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/31i6oq/happy_easter/

quote:

[–]CaptainPugwash75 35 points 6 hours ago

If Jesus ever comes back you know he's gonna be using Bitcoin

[–]KoKansei 32 points 5 hours ago

Plot twist: Bitcoin is the second coming.

[–]go1dfish[S] 28 points 5 hours ago

So that's why nobody has seen Satoshi...

[–]MaleFascistAdvice 33 points 4 hours ago

I saw his face on my toast this morning.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

anthonypants posted:

it's like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to hospital

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

someone photoshop dorian's face on jesus, replace the bank names with bitcoin companies and the fleeing bankers with antonpoop, evoorhees, ver and dpr

tia

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

jesus threw money changers out of the temple, he'd probably throw bitcoiners into the moon

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

all of these drug stories are blowing my mind. I do not understand why people do these things to themselves. repeatedly.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
So americanpegasus is like an unmedicated schizophrenic, possibly bipolar, and yet a huge egomaniac so I don't feel bad for laughing at his crazy

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

jesus threw money changers out of the temple, he'd probably throw bitcoiners into the moon

I'd worship that

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
aw is that buttcoin article gone that had all the bitcoin jokes :(

it had my favorite one that i think went something like "I'm jesus and if it were today I would not have said "love each other" but "love bitcoin""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

to tha mooooooon

• Locked thread