Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
lol at this loving maury rear end answer in this sidequest

"hey don't look at me, ain't my baby"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm not really enjoying Defiance Bay. Every time I do a quest, 10 more pop up and they're all "run to the other end of defiance bay and get into a fight type crap.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Knuc U Kinte posted:

People in games have beaten this poo poo multiple times and I'm still in defiance Bay after playing for 40 hours.

I've started over 10 times. I just started over cuz I hosed up my build, then I realized I wanted to use the same build anyway, after deleting my original saves.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm not really enjoying Defiance Bay. Every time I do a quest, 10 more pop up and they're all "run to the other end of defiance bay and get into a fight type crap.

Running around in these games always sucks rear end. GIve me a menu.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg posted:

Running around in these games always sucks rear end. GIve me a menu.

I'm trying to play a nice type guy and the pacifist resolution for the lighthouse needs you to run around defiance Bay after clearing it out.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Anotehr thing I hate is that none of the quests are marked, and some of them don;t even tell you where the person is. Like I can remember where 50 different useless idiots are.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Anotehr thing I hate is that none of the quests are marked, and some of them don;t even tell you where the person is. Like I can remember where 50 different useless idiots are.

I feel like they should either go full grognard and not have an automatic quest log or just give me some drat map markers + let me teleport to them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg posted:

I feel like they should either go full grognard and not have an automatic quest log or just give me some drat map markers + let me teleport to them.

At the very least, the exact location of every person should be written in the journal, instead of just some. Even if it was none at all rather than some I would know to make a note of it myself.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Age of Decadence lets you teleport to quest targets when they're in the same city or whatever. The Obsidian grognards have been outdone by a forward-thinking RPGCodex poster.

Dec 26, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Age of Decadence lets you teleport to quest targets when they're in the same city or whatever. The Obsidian grognards have been outdone by a forward-thinking RPGCodex poster.

one of these years that game will come out and im gonna play the hell out of it when it does

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm trying to play a nice type guy and the pacifist resolution for the lighthouse needs you to run around defiance Bay after clearing it out.

You're using double speed right?

Also yes gently caress that there's not even any mention of where the people are in the quest logs. "Go return this to this dude you picked this quest up from before you got the next 500 quests and 50000 lines of dialogue. You remember him, right?"

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Defiance Bay is a low point because you gotta backtrack a lot and it's really formulaic compared to the rest of the game. Although I like it more than Twin Elms because at least there's an inn in almost every area in Defiance Bay, whereas there's only one in one area of Twin Elms.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
cail the silent is wiping my party like a dirty arse

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 5, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm doing bounties at level 5. I beat The Dweller second attempt but the annoying bandit dude called Sneaky McFingers or whatever is completely wiping my party with his gang of monks and priests and wizards.

I love battles against "adventurer" parties of a mix of player classes usually but combined with the open field this is where RTwP becomes a clusterfuck :( Gonna need to come back with some better crowd control I guess, thought Cipher + Druid + Priest would be enough.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I've got so much endurance regen on Eder that enemies have to do him in with one hit if they want to keep him down.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Neurosis posted:

cail the silent is wiping my party like a dirty arse

choke point his rear end

Dec 26, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

I've got so much endurance regen on Eder that enemies have to do him in with one hit if they want to keep him down.

at one point everyone in the party and the enemy party had been downed except eder and one enemy. i figured id just let eder wait him out. thats when i found out that the enemy was also a fighter and neither did enough damage to each other to outpace constant recovery regen

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

wish this was possible. or at least teleport to outside the location of where they at. tired of running around defiance bay

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

01011001 posted:

at one point everyone in the party and the enemy party had been downed except eder and one enemy. i figured id just let eder wait him out. thats when i found out that the enemy was also a fighter and neither did enough damage to each other to outpace constant recovery regen

Eder killed the last boss for me after everyone else died, proving that he is the actual main character and I'm just a dumb pleb who helped him out.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Knuc U Kinte posted:

my advice is just not to do every single sidequest in Defiance Bay. it has the most sidequests of any area in the game. just do the ones you encounter easily and think your character would do. there's way more xp in this game than you need to hit the level cap.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

People in games have beaten this poo poo multiple times and I'm still in defiance Bay after playing for 40 hours.

I seriously think people are playing on easy and then lying about playing on easy for gamer cred

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

SunAndSpring posted:

Eder killed the last boss for me after everyone else died, proving that he is the actual main character and I'm just a dumb pleb who helped him out.

Eder rules

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't believe I wiped on the old crazy dude in the basement lol

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
that dude is pretty tough for a low level party. still not as tough as Raedric and pals

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Sharmat posted:

that dude is pretty tough for a low level party. still not as tough as Raedric and pals

cool because I bailed out of raedric's fortress because couldn't figure out how to continue. Beat old guy tho

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, i was playing on normal and that was one of the most drawn out fights i've had.

wasnt much threat because he was focused on Edar but stil

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
the best companions are Eder, Durance, and Pallegina I think but I'm open to alternative opinions

Sagani is cool too but rangers are just not very useful

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On my second time I just nailed him over and over with 'tripping' moves. Anything that hobbled him after I got his health got down so he didn't heal himself and go crazy. Once I hobbled him I put everyone in a stabbing party until he died

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Aloth is 1/2 a cool character

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

frank.club posted:

He's a fucker if he gets shield up and corrosive siphon on your party.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ragg posted:

that's what happened the first time. Had him near death when suddenly he just took a dump on my whole party

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Agean90 posted:

Aloth is 1/2 a cool character

the cool half isn't as cool without the uncool half

Ragg posted:

I think I finally just equipped everyone I could with guns and alpha'd him to like 1/3rd health, than bumrushed him with Eder knocking him over before he could heal

I can't remember what I did with the Raedric fight but it was all subtle positioning poo poo that made all the difference and I think I even used some traps

the combat in this game is good

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the elf dude wants to do me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just clumped raedric at the bottom of the stairs and debuffed. No idea how to take the Fingers McPinchin bounty since its in an open area

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

frank.club posted:

I think the elf dude wants to do me

his pc lust will remain forever unrequited because Obsidian finds Bioware style romances creepy

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

frank.club posted:

He killed everyone in my party except for the bard who took him down by himself, from barely injured.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Maerwen or w/e? He ran at me, slipped on a slicken, then my cipher put a pistol under his chin in a sick rear end cool dirty harry move and blew him up

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Maerwen or w/e?

Maerwald.

I am a Pillars of Eternity lore master, ask me anything.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pewdiepie posted:

He killed everyone in my party except for the bard who took him down by himself, from barely injured.

The bard is insanely powerful yes

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
at high level bards can summon a loving drake and it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Sharmat posted:

at high level bards can summon a loving drake and it owns