Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

This month's theme is Architecture (interior and exterior)!
To be honestly with you I've mostly forgotten everything I learned about architecture in college, so feel free to PYF structure.
Cool blogs:
Arkitekcher
Architecture of Doom
Sketchbook City
Drawing Architecture

And don't forget Architectural failures - "nah, it'll hold."

Flor de Venezuela

http://sudor.deviantart.com/art/Impression-1418-213127505

http://a2matos.deviantart.com/art/Iniciatic-Well-427286829

http://la-vita-a-bella.deviantart.com/art/Mosque-Columns-364226103

Nadav Kander: The Aral Sea III (Fishing Trawler), Kazakhstan 2011

Nadav Kander: The Polygon Nuclear Test Site I (After The Event), Kazakhstan 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
Hundertwasserhaus has always been a favourite of mine:

Also, Kowloon walled city for some real life cyberpunk anti-architecture:

And some theory: This Place is not a Place of Honour discusses using architecture to make a nuclear waste storage facility forbidding and uninviting to future cultures who may not share our languages or culture.

petrol blue fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Apr 1, 2015

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

petrol blue posted:

Also, Kowloon walled city for some real life cyberpunk anti-architecture:

Actually, this pic specifically is from a Japanese arcade that took a warehouse and built a replica Kowloon inside it as a facade for the arcade proper.

e: http://randomwire.com/kowloon-walled-city-rebuilt-in-japan/

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 1, 2015

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
Recursive cyberpunk! :swoon:

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

petrol blue posted:

Recursive cyberpunk! :swoon:

Yeah I'll just edit this in and post this for you and I'll stop not posting drawings and doodles.
http://randomwire.com/kowloon-walled-city-rebuilt-in-japan/

schmarson
Dec 21, 2012

MY DUDES

Ultra Carp
Bon Poisson d'Avril!

In France on April Fools' Day, the French would tape paper fish to the backs of their victims as a prank. When they discover the fish, the prankster would exclaim, "Poisson d'Avril!" or "April Fish!" Just thought you'd like to know!

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle
Not architecture, but here is Baphomet enjoying ice cream.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
What media are you doing that in? It looks similar to (though far better than) my stuff with conte on kraft paper

Szmitten - wow, thanks for that. Now recreate that place inside an abandoned bunker, and I have my perfect home.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
It's Prisma Col-Erase pencil on Kona Classic toned paper, with a white colored pencil for the highlights. I love this paper, it's perfect for colored pencils, and every color pops on it.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

schmarson posted:

In France on April Fools' Day, the French would tape paper fish to the backs of their victims as a prank. When they discover the fish, the prankster would exclaim, "Poisson d'Avril!" or "April Fish!" Just thought you'd like to know!

In Finnish, when you've successfully pranked someone on April Fools', you'd chant (loosely translated) "aprilled, aprilled, eat herring, drink muddy water!" I wonder how many countries have fish in their April pranks?
I love how your goldfish seems to glow btw.

So for the longest time I thought that the pic I used as ref here (taken on our holiday) was taken at Scarlet Monastery.

I was kindly informed that the place is actually called The Abbey.
The Scarlet Monastery is a WoW raid. :doh:

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

Managed to finish my first eternal knot, loops back around all the way through the pattern

without colour.

Cartyisme
Dec 23, 2011

Stuff I kept forgetting to post. Says allah in jihad in arabic if you wonder.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
Cartyisme, ^^^ screenprint?

Cartyisme
Dec 23, 2011
Theokotos: No sir. Just acrylic ink and paintbrushes.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Combining my love of baby chickens with the architecture theme:

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Caveman Cat
Oct 20, 2012

MAJOR
I posted two drawings with buildings last time, so here's some work in progress on a Dark Souls thing...

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
I have very strong feelings about this. :allears:

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

I think this is the largest drawing I've colored yet, sorry about the glare, its 14x17 and I can't fit it in my scanner. My coworker named it Rocky Road To Hell.

Edit: Fuuuuck it's not finished :emo:

ToastFaceKillah fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 4, 2015

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010

ToastFaceKillah posted:

I think this is the largest drawing I've colored yet, sorry about the glare, its 14x17 and I can't fit it in my scanner. My coworker named it Rocky Road To Hell.

Edit: Fuuuuck it's not finished :emo:

drat, that is fuckin' dope. What do you use for colours if you don't mind me asking?

Wish I had something to post, but I've been slacking in regards to personal projects.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

The article about making nuclear waste facilities uninviting is awesome.

Haven't done a lot lately...family drama. So I only have this rabbit eye to offer. I needed a new avatar for some sites.

noggut
Jan 15, 2008
Cartyisme, what does the text say? And I'm digging the hue shifts in the skin tones.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Propitious Jerk posted:

drat, that is fuckin' dope. What do you use for colours if you don't mind me asking?

Wish I had something to post, but I've been slacking in regards to personal projects.

It's all just prismacolor pencil.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
Started drawing this to get back into digital drawing, it's been a while.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

I love that you wrote it as "sammich" :3:

Haha! This is so adorable! I wanna boop that little nose, you did such a good job on it.

As for me.. HARPIES IN SPAAAACE!

This is what happens when you buy a spaceship from another species and need to get going real quick.
Tear out the seats and put your butt on the floor.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Should redraw the head outline 2 or 3 times and have it flicker between them so nothing's static imo

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Did a self-portrait. I was going to keep with the thread and draw the neon outline of the Phoenix Trotting Track in the background since it's my favorite building ever, got a headache instead. Might have been staring at a tablet full of bright colors that gave me the headache, whoops.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Apr 5, 2015

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

..the hell, man?

I love that hairdo :allears: and I hope your family drama has settled down.

People in the UK could not understand my fascination with back alleys. We don't get weird little dark alleys growing moss and full of secret doors that no-one uses.

There's also chickens 'cause argh blargh buildings are a pain to draw on their own.

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

Alright, perfect theme. It only just went from freeze-to-death weather to urban sketchin' time over here.

and some other stuff

^Baby chickens are always cool and good. Lookit the little dinosaurs.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I love that hairdo :allears: and I hope your family drama has settled down.

Thanks! My husband doesn't believe I'll still have a mohawk when I'm old and grey. And yeah, life is getting better thank you :)

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Caveman Cat posted:

I posted two drawings with buildings last time, so here's some work in progress on a Dark Souls thing...

Owns bones, but I'm looking forward to being able to distinguish more of the picture from the texture!

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I don't think I would trust leaving small children around this dinosaur

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Babbyplanes. Surprisingly relaxing to draw!

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

My milk is delicious.

Cartyisme
Dec 23, 2011

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
O'Brien wrasslin Hobbits live show? :shlick:

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

I applaud the take on Greek vases, but have to take points away for a lack of dicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartyisme
Dec 23, 2011
dupersaurus: Agreed.

Cartyisme fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 9, 2015

• Locked thread