Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Barrowman has some funny things to say about his accents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcKol37OR6s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

less laughter posted:

Have you seen what Jamie Dornan looks like

A fair observation.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Barrowman has some funny things to say about his accents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcKol37OR6s

Oh this is Malcolm Merlyn right? When he says, "it's probably the only time I'll be bi" is he saying he's gay or straight? I feel like he's gay. Which is cool.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ravane posted:

Oh this is Malcolm Merlyn right?
Also the lead on Torchwood, and noted pussy eater.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Also the lead on Torchwood, and noted pussy eater.

He's a bigger poonhound than Matthew Broderick and John Travolta put together.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ravane posted:

Oh this is Malcolm Merlyn right? When he says, "it's probably the only time I'll be bi" is he saying he's gay or straight? I feel like he's gay. Which is cool.

He's totally gay. Married to a guy and everything. It won't stop him from eating pussy though, when he's wired enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1XOfHax6Q8

That kind of "accent switching" is not uncommon though, I know lots of people just from different regions in the US who will speak differently depending on who they talk to. My parents and aunts/uncles were mostly born in the Caribbean and my wife tells me I pick up a bit of an accent when I talk to them, but I don't even notice it.

Irish Joe posted:

He's a bigger poonhound than Matthew Broderick and John Travolta put together.

He's no Rob Ford though.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 5, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
How can Ravane call himself gay and not be aware :argh: is King of the Gays.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

He's totally gay. Married to a guy and everything. It won't stop him from eating pussy though, when he's wired enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1XOfHax6Q8

That kind of "accent switching" is not uncommon though, I know lots of people just from different regions in the US who will speak differently depending on who they talk to. My parents and aunts/uncles were mostly born in the Caribbean and my wife tells me I pick up a bit of an accent when I talk to them, but I don't even notice it.

He's no Rob Ford though.

IIRC he adlibbed that line because he was having issues with the actress just not reacting to anything so he just threw that out there to get something from her.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
barrowmans not gay

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

scary ghost dog posted:

barrowmans not gay

Tell that to these guys

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
But who wouldn't want to have their ballsack grabbed by John Barrowman, gay or not? Honest question.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Tell that to these guys

gay or not thats sexual assault

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not if they want it... That's not how it works.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
James Marsters says Barrowman is a better kisser than Sarah Michelle Gellar.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rocksicles posted:

Tell that to these guys

The guy in the right pic looks like Ben Bailey from Cash Cab.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Wheat Loaf posted:

James Marsters says Barrowman is a better kisser than Sarah Michelle Gellar.

I think my great aunt Edith is probably a better kisser than Sarah Michelle Gellar, and she's been dead for a decade.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Manos del Sino posted:

I think my great aunt Edith is probably a better kisser than Sarah Michelle Gellar, and she's been dead for a decade.

Probably a better actress too.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I think Sirens is creeping up next to Brooklyn 99 as my favorite comedy on the air. This season's been pretty outstanding and they really worked out the kinks with the writing from early season 1.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hope and vaseline posted:

I think Sirens is creeping up next to Brooklyn 99 as my favorite comedy on the air. This season's been pretty outstanding and they really worked out the kinks with the writing from early season 1.

That show is good but holy poo poo I hate the intro so much.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Hey, it's no Mindy Project intro at least.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sober posted:

But who wouldn't want to have their ballsack grabbed by John Barrowman, gay or not? Honest question.

I don't think pictures with celebrities are terribly interesting normally, and I don't have any interest in gay stuff, but I'd totally let John Barrowman cup my nuts for a photo. I mean it's a conversation piece if nothing else.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The conversation being:

"Who's that?"
"Its John Barrowman."
"Why is he cupping your balls?"
"I thought it would be funny."
"You thought taking a picture of a stranger cupping your balls would be funny?"
"He's not a stranger, he's a famous actor."
"Oh, really? What has he been in?"
"Torchwood."
"Never heard of it."
"Its a British television show spun off from Doctor Who."
"What's Doctor Who?"
"Its a popular British children's show about a predatory old man and his jailbait assistants."
"I see.." *slowly backs away*

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Irish Joe posted:

The conversation being:

"Who's that?"
"Its John Barrowman."
"Why is he cupping your balls?"
"I thought it would be funny."
"You thought taking a picture of a stranger cupping your balls would be funny?"
"He's not a stranger, he's a famous actor."
"Oh, really? What has he been in?"
"Torchwood."
"Never heard of it."
"Its a British television show spun off from Doctor Who."
"What's Doctor Who?"
"Its a popular British children's show about a predatory old man and his jailbait assistants."
"I see.." *slowly backs away*

I'm not seeing the problem, Joe.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

IRQ posted:

I'm not seeing the problem, Joe.

I've never seen doctor who, and I don't plan on ever watching it. And I know Joe is trolling about the jailbait stuff, but it's a little sickening that you would make a joke about not actually seeing a problem. It's akin to defending Aatrek. I'm disappointed in you IRQ. :(

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Oh my god

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

Ravane as a topic of discussion is off limits in this thread. If he posts something completely normal feel free to interact. If he posts something dumb you should feel obligated to ignore.

I know this is the same as posting the glittery graphic, but the rule is new so some may need some time to adjust.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Barrowman is also in Arrow, but I'd do the same for a picture with him.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

You can't argue that he's not a predatory old man with that AV.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Boomerang has been marathoning Bugs Bunny cartoons all weekend, so I've had it on in the background today while I catch up on some work. One episode that caught me by surprise was "Ballot Box Bunny" where Yosemite Sam and Bugs are running against each other for mayor of a wild west town, only to both get beaten out by a horse ("Dark horse?" "Mare?").

I always remembered it ending there watching it as a kid, but then it kept going and ended with Bugs and Sam deciding to play russian roulette out of nowhere. I looked it up on Wikipedia to make sure I wasn't crazy not remembering that part, and found this fun tidbit:

quote:

One local station left the first part of the ending scene intact, but edited the short by ending it just as Bugs puts the gun to his head and the cartoon irises out, deleting the scene of Bugs missing and shooting Yosemite Sam instead. Because of the darker implications of this edit (that Bugs committed suicide, rather than having blasted Yosemite Sam), this edited version has only aired once.

Which seems hilarious because if every other station that aired the episode cut the bit entirely, why would one edit things to make it more hosed up?

Well that's my story, enjoy your Easter.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Emilia Clarke gets $7 million/season for GoT :stare:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
David Lynch is no longer involved with the Twin Peaks reboot. :(

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/twin-peaks-reboot-david-lynch-786456?facebook_20150405

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

quote:

"We were saddened to read David Lynch's statement today, since we believed we were working towards solutions with David and his reps on the few remaining deal points," the statement read. "Showtime also loves the world of Twin Peaks, and we continue to hold out hope that we can bring it back in all its glory with both of its extraordinary creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost, at its helm."

So Showtime thinks they can possibly get him to come back?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Josh Lyman posted:

Good for her get paid.

Sucks that it fell apart because of money. Maybe there's a chance Showtime caves a bit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

That sounds about right for having to destroy her hair, spend the whole season in the desert and get naked all the time.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lycus posted:

So Showtime thinks they can possibly get him to come back?
Lynch said "After 1 year and 4 months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done."

What does "to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done" mean? Or is that just a cover for "not enough money was offered"?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
It means he wanted a bigger budget for the show than Showtime was offering.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Josh Lyman posted:

Lynch said "After 1 year and 4 months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done."

What does "to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done" mean? Or is that just a cover for "not enough money was offered"?

That usually means the budget for the show was inadequate for what they had scripted. Which is strange considering Twin Peaks should be a cheap show to produce.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's a huge bummer.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

That sounds about right for having to destroy her hair, spend the whole season in the desert and get naked all the time.

Plenty of people have spent longer naked and hairless in the desert for nothing. And just statistically speaking, most of them were probably better actors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Deadpool posted:

That usually means the budget for the show was inadequate for what they had scripted. Which is strange considering Twin Peaks should be a cheap show to produce.
Maybe they needed more money because they were going to spend it to literally resurrect Killer Bob.

• Locked thread