Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Windmill Hut posted:

At the time of the draft it was "ummm why did GWS take Plowman over Toumpas". The Bulldogs passed on Wines too.

It's the same with Scully. He is poo poo. Real poo poo, i don't know how he is getting games for GWS anymore. But at the time he was clear #1

To be fair we had Wallis, Liberatore & Smith as our crew of young inside mids. I'm also pretty happy with Stringer & Macrae as they both give a ton of X factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Diet Crack posted:

Imagine if they win a premiership.

I got to admit, the tears would be absolutely loving delicious.

But honestly, why do you come out and brag about that stuff now? It's like a movie villain revealing his master plan before he kills the hero but giving them enough time to escape, or in this case, appeal.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
:cripes:

Wasn't surprised to see the guy looked like he walked straight out of GTA III.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I don't understand why ASADA can't loving compel witnesses to appear, and why such compulsion couldn't be applied retrospectively.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Gough Suppressant posted:

Oh for anyone wondering, it seems it's been replaced by "the Sunday huddle", which appears to be mainly a talkback show. FUCKS SAKE

Further to this though, my phone downloaded podcasts of the Saturday Agenda and the Sunday Huddle.

I think both shows are new?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

pkid posted:

Further to this though, my phone downloaded podcasts of the Saturday Agenda and the Sunday Huddle.

I think both shows are new?

Saturday agenda is what they call the Saturday pregame show, I don't think it was podcasted last year though. It's pretty good, they will have a current player on for the whole discussion usually. This week was Dawes which I liked a lot since he is really well spoken and thoughtful.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I don't understand why ASADA can't loving compel witnesses to appear, and why such compulsion couldn't be applied retrospectively.

I think it is an AFL tribunal thing, however if it gets to the CAS they can compel them to appear (but not to answer questions or something). The law is weird.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
gently caress I hate these Geelong v Hawthorn games. Every minute is torture. I thought I would be heaps less nervous now that the Hawks are so much better than us but nope.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Saturday agenda is what they call the Saturday pregame show, I don't think it was podcasted last year though. It's pretty good, they will have a current player on for the whole discussion usually. This week was Dawes which I liked a lot since he is really well spoken and thoughtful.

I've heard Dawes on a bunch of different things and I totally agree, he really does seem like one of the smartest and most genuine footballers going around. I suspect he will have a fantastic career in the media after his playing days are over if he wishes.

Reminds me a lot of Adam Freier, the rugby union bloke they often have on Offsiders.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

I think it is an AFL tribunal thing, however if it gets to the CAS they can compel them to appear (but not to answer questions or something). The law is weird.

What, so they just stand there looking at each other?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

pkid posted:

I've heard Dawes on a bunch of different things and I totally agree, he really does seem like one of the smartest and most genuine footballers going around. I suspect he will have a fantastic career in the media after his playing days are over if he wishes.

I'm pretty sure he is studying law atm

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

thepokey posted:

What, so they just stand there looking at each other?

And say "no comment" a lot I guess. :shrug:

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Mackie out for Smedts. Don't like that at all

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Drugs posted:

I'm pretty sure he is studying law atm

Yeah, he is. Doesn't look the sort for it but it explains the lack of tattoos on his sleeves/neck/eyelids compared to former and current teammates

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Yeah, he is. Doesn't look the sort for it but it explains the lack of tattoos on his sleeves/neck/eyelids compared to former and current teammates

Given the types of people they have/had at Collingwood in his time it makes you wonder if that was the reason he chose to leave.

Seemed perplexing at the time but I reckon I'd want to look at getting away from Cloke, Beams, Swan, Elliot etc

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Nick Holland's a lawyer now too I think. He did a bit of media after hanging up the boots but is probably just doing just law now.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Sigh. Time for torment. Although this is a 'doesnt really matter' game so we'll probably lose it because gently caress Geelong.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

pkid posted:

Given the types of people they have/had at Collingwood in his time it makes you wonder if that was the reason he chose to leave.

Seemed perplexing at the time but I reckon I'd want to look at getting away from Cloke, Beams, Swan, Elliot etc

I think it was less his decision and more being forced out by Buckley, so he could bring in guys like Lynch and White.

Melbourne seems more of a cultural fit for him though, after all it has two other BGS old boys in Watts and Salem...

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Oi, Hawthorn, I think the factory misprinted your jumpers.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Frawley on Clark!

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Guessing by the end of the match Hawthorn will have signed up Clark

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Cyril makes me wet.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Geez we're spraying it a bit.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
The play resulting in that Breust goal was some good footy.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Geelong look a thousand years old out there

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

thepokey posted:

Guessing by the end of the match Hawthorn will have signed up Clark

But Clark has a contract!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
At the game, Lang for the cats having a shocker, Selwood gave him an earful about it

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Looks like they're getting around to that.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
This could be very ugly after half time

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Dislike frawley way less than Clark so go Hawks

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

The Deadly Hume posted:

Nick Holland's a lawyer now too I think. He did a bit of media after hanging up the boots but is probably just doing just law now.

well his brother (ben?) was a qualified dentist even during his playing days as well

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

my mates are talking about how the William Hill 'win $100,000,000 for picking the ladder in order' is a good bet.

"Its only $5 and you can bet 100 times!"

loving hell

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Even if you can make some educated guesses about who's going to finish near the top and near the bottom, there's 18! (factorial) permutations to deal with. You might be able to narrow it down to lotto-like probabilities but it'd be pretty flukey if anyone won.

Meanwhile, barring a miracle recovery from Geelong. this game has the least fizz of any Hawks-Cats match in a decade.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

the review umpire that says "review underway" and "review complete. Confirmed touched." Sounds like same dude who did the umpires voice from the wonderful SNES (NES?) AFL game.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

Mitch Clark was bringing the whole team down, what a dick.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

When is the last time we actually won on Easter Monday, anyway? I don't have my db to hand...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

well his brother (ben?) was a qualified dentist even during his playing days as well

Matthew Liptak eventually left football early to continue his studies full time, and now he's a respected Orthopaedic Surgeon

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

OK, I just checked, Hawthorn and Geelong have played every Easter Monday since 2010, before then it was shared around, and it was in 2007 when Hawthorn beat Melbourne (which used to be a fairly regular fixture on Easter Monday).

Maybe Geelong are the new Melbourne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

The Deadly Hume posted:

OK, I just checked, Hawthorn and Geelong have played every Easter Monday since 2010, before then it was shared around, and it was in 2007 when Hawthorn beat Melbourne (which used to be a fairly regular fixture on Easter Monday).

Maybe Geelong are the new Melbourne.

I'd be okay with this especially if we get to be the new Geelong

• Locked thread