Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm not going to drop a vote on you just yet because I think others should come in and talk, but I am pretty much convinced that there is no way town would make that joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

You're claiming one-shot BP, right?

Yes. Though I was only told I had been gifted it like, immediately after the lynch happened, and was told nothing else as to whether it was used up.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

jesus christ guys i was in like 5 games, I forgot about the no pm thing in this one but im still town dummies.

After this sunk Opop, I can't believe anyone in this game would make that mistake.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Max posted:

Yes. Though I was only told I had been gifted it like, immediately after the lynch happened, and was told nothing else as to whether it was used up.

So you got it after the lynch, but during twilight? Can you ask bowmore if it's still active, or has been used up?

I feel like this is important to figure out today, before people are lynched/killed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, I got it about 13 minutes after the lynch it looks like.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And I just asked about whether I'd be notified.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
you would be, because thats what happened to me.

like seriously, byers is the other scum and you are all dumb.

I hope town loses

##vote capitalistpig

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ok, here's where I stand; I lied about having a cop claim on CPig. I have no reads in this game, and needed to generate something to make a read on. If you have a problem with that, lynch me. I'm pretty sure we're not in LYLO.

If it wasn't for CPig's role PM comment just now, I honestly feel pretty solidly town on CPig. That's what I was testing, people's reaction to a not town cop result claimed on a town player. And I like Murmur and Max's reactions. There's another facet here; two people have claimed one-shot BPs, one claims it was used up last night. Unless they are scumbros, the chances for scum to fakeclaim the exact role given out to a town player is small enough that I'm going to ignore it. which in turn makes me think they're telling the truth.

So if you combine all of that, CPig as a one-shot BP who got hit by scum last night explains the lack of a NK, but doesn't explain why he and not Max/Viva was the target. Because one of Viva/Max is scum, and they're avoiding killing a scumbro because of the lovers thing. If Max's question to bowmore comes back that he still has the BP, CPig's telling the truth and scum avoided a double kill last night. Hence, we lynch the lovers today and go into tomorrow with 4 players, 1 of which is scum. If Max says that his BP was used up, we lynch CPig. I do not expect the second to happen.

i think Viva's the scum in the lovers duo, and I think her scumbro is DHD. I've liked Murmur's reaction today and I don't see f_v and Viva as scumbros. So there's my scumteam choice, DHD and Viva.

##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

loving stop for a moment and unvote yourself dude.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

you would be, because thats what happened to me.

like seriously, byers is the other scum and you are all dumb.

I hope town loses

##vote capitalistpig

No, I lied, but I ain't scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

Ok, here's where I stand; I lied about having a cop claim on CPig. I have no reads in this game, and needed to generate something to make a read on. If you have a problem with that, lynch me. I'm pretty sure we're not in LYLO.

If it wasn't for CPig's role PM comment just now, I honestly feel pretty solidly town on CPig. That's what I was testing, people's reaction to a not town cop result claimed on a town player. And I like Murmur and Max's reactions. There's another facet here; two people have claimed one-shot BPs, one claims it was used up last night. Unless they are scumbros, the chances for scum to fakeclaim the exact role given out to a town player is small enough that I'm going to ignore it. which in turn makes me think they're telling the truth.

So if you combine all of that, CPig as a one-shot BP who got hit by scum last night explains the lack of a NK, but doesn't explain why he and not Max/Viva was the target. Because one of Viva/Max is scum, and they're avoiding killing a scumbro because of the lovers thing. If Max's question to bowmore comes back that he still has the BP, CPig's telling the truth and scum avoided a double kill last night. Hence, we lynch the lovers today and go into tomorrow with 4 players, 1 of which is scum. If Max says that his BP was used up, we lynch CPig. I do not expect the second to happen.

i think Viva's the scum in the lovers duo, and I think her scumbro is DHD. I've liked Murmur's reaction today and I don't see f_v and Viva as scumbros. So there's my scumteam choice, DHD and Viva.

##unvote

Lying and throwing a vote down was dangerous, but otherwise, I'm with you on what we should know based on if my BP is still active, unless someone else jumps in and claims doc or another BP.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

##unvote

Likely story

##unvote

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

Lying and throwing a vote down was dangerous, but otherwise, I'm with you on what we should know based on if my BP is still active, unless someone else jumps in and claims doc or another BP.

Yeah, I know it was dangerous, but I was :f5:ing to make sure it didn't result in a lynch before I revealed.

CapitalistPig posted:

Likely story

##unvote

I thought, "What would TT do?" :shrug:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

If I still have the BP then I 100% think we should lynch Viva (or me if you really feel like it, it doesn't matter at the end of the day) also, BTW.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Lol forever at pig and the role pm thing.

Ditto on what most others have said but I did wanna point out that Byers might be faking if there's 3 scum. Cause then they only need one mislynch to win I think.

I agree it needs to be pig or Byers cause I don't see a likely mechanics explanation for a flawed result.

I'll vote in the afternoon when I have time to focus.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

If I still have the BP then I 100% think we should lynch Viva (or me if you really feel like it, it doesn't matter at the end of the day) also, BTW.

I'm thinking lynch Viva, but it's going to kill you as well because, you know, lovers. Sorry, the collateral damage is unavoidable.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

VivaNova posted:

Ditto on what most others have said but I did wanna point out that Byers might be faking if there's 3 scum. Cause then they only need one mislynch to win I think.

I agree it needs to be pig or Byers cause I don't see a likely mechanics explanation for a flawed result.

It's entirely possible that its neither of them.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

VivaNova posted:

:allears:

Viva, I'd suggest you read the rest of the thread, but for the record, this is what a scum response to my lie looks like.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

I'm thinking lynch Viva, but it's going to kill you as well because, you know, lovers. Sorry, the collateral damage is unavoidable.

I know, but I'd be more certain about her than any other possibility and don't want to gently caress up another lynch.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

It's entirely possible that its neither of them.

Viva in that post hasn't noticed I admitted my cop claim was a lie. Hence, "flawed result."

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So I'm behind that lynch happening.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers2142 posted:

Viva in that post hasn't noticed I admitted my cop claim was a lie. Hence, "flawed result."

I saw that too.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

VivaNova posted:

##vote viva

this is actually a good plan, if mx is bp theoretically hed be ok?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

No, I'm NK proof, not lynch proof.

Please take your vote off at the moment.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Thank you.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

I went back to look at the thread, and I'm feeling more confident in this call. Look at some of these posts:

DuckHuntDog posted:

The sheer effort Viva has put behind defending Opop doesn't strike me as scummy; regardless of the flip, I don't think scum are going to put that much effort into defending Opop here.

WM has been really vague about Opop and waffling on any sort of alignment call, which I think is odd, but I don't know about alignment yet. I don't get the FV vote at all.

Max has been defending Opop, but only putting in a token effort on it. Could be scum, or just more interested in being right than persuasive.

DuckHuntDog posted:

Looking back at this from yesterday right before the switch to Rarity when there were three targets with about equal votes, two of the votes on Exact have now flipped town, and the only one that moved off was Rarity self hammering. Exact and Max moved off Viva onto Rarity, and Exact was a target up to that point. I don't see Viva being scum on this vote unless it is with Exact or Max. I am going to reread those two.

VivaNova posted:

DHD- I had to reread his posts for this list, very forgettable but came off better on reread. Votes Opop early on the scumslip, also questions ES's logic before it's cool. Also cased Hal for legitimate reasons D2, which again was one of the few independent thoughts that day. He votes Rarity near deadline and apparently forgets about Hal, but that's a thing that happens. Hasn't posted since. I'm gonna say he's better than average.

It's all connecting two unflipped players and overall I think that Viva's play plus the apparent lack of scum targeting the lovers means Viva should get our vote today, but when she flips scum all of this because more reasons DHD is the third scumbro.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

It's all connecting two unflipped players and overall I think that Viva's play plus the apparent lack of scum targeting the lovers means Viva should get our vote today, but when she flips scum all of this because more reasons DHD is the third scumbro.

"becomes" not "because"

I can not type today.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Yeah my post before was suppose to be after max posted. I can only post from the bathroom at work and the reception is awful.

I don't know why Byers said its what a scum response would look like.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

VivaNova posted:

Catching up, this is a bad reply.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Byers2142 posted:

:allears:

Viva, I'd suggest you read the rest of the thread, but for the record, this is what a scum response to my lie looks like.

Great minds think alike!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

VivaNova posted:

Yeah my post before was suppose to be after max posted. I can only post from the bathroom at work and the reception is awful.

The reason it stands out to me as a scum post is because it's so waffly and vague.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

VivaNova posted:

Oh and Viva, even though you've changed your mind now, I'd still like to hear more detail about why you thought MT was scum.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

VivaNova posted:

Narrow it down to CPig or Byers, that's all, takes scum through their endgame and to a win, and by waffling you can commit to one case today and when one of us flips town, go after the other tomorrow. You left reasons for CPig as scum, for me as scum, and peaced out without making a commitment either way and with no sense of thinking about things.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

If it is Viva, I think she might be teammates with Max. Max avoided talking much about Opop D1, moved off Viva at an opportune time to avoid her lynch, and then sort of dropped her the next day.

Is there anything corroborating them being lovers that I don't remember?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

I went back to look at the thread, and I'm feeling more confident in this call. Look at some of these posts:

That's a either a great example of confirmation bias or you are scum teammates with Viva setting up a mislynch tomorrow.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

DuckHuntDog posted:

If it is Viva, I think she might be teammates with Max. Max avoided talking much about Opop D1, moved off Viva at an opportune time to avoid her lynch, and then sort of dropped her the next day.

This is so, so dumb.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Byers had Cpig in the bag earlier today, that argument makes no . . .
am I having a stroke?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

DuckHuntDog posted:

I am reading this post over and over again and I can't make sense of this.

Why would you possibly think that me saying "we are lovers" and "lynching Viva is a good idea" would paint me as Viva's scum buddy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I know I had this reaction to something else you posted way back on day 1.

• Locked thread