Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I mentioned it before but I think the lack of clips is way more egregious than the music. Not that they need to suddenly be clip heavy or anything, but it's good to throw a few in there when it needs it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So is Richard Cinemax III the evil mob boss that Eric Movies keeps butting up against, but neither is able to take the other one out?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've never even seen Secret Window but the episode for it is amazing. The constant John Turturro and Johnny Depp impersonations are slaying me

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I can't wait for the Green Lateran review cause the "Fat, young nerd" voice is absolutely amazing. Really made the Steel incredibly funny.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

precision posted:

I've never even seen Secret Window but the episode for it is amazing. The constant John Turturro and Johnny Depp impersonations are slaying me

"You stole mah stuuuuhry."

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
You could probably make a decent drinking game of taking a drink every time We Hate Movies mentions the Scoleri Brothers scene in Ghostbusters 2

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

You could probably make a decent drinking game of taking a drink every time We Hate Movies mentions the Scoleri Brothers scene in Ghostbusters 2

Or every time The Flophouse mentions the Scoleri brothers. New York area bad movie podcasts just love talkin' Ghostbusters 2.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

BexGu posted:

I can't wait for the Green Lateran review cause the "Fat, young nerd" voice is absolutely amazing. Really made the Steel incredibly funny.
I thought they said that wasn't going to be an episode?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
My tip for the backlog is this:
1- Is it a movie you know? Listen to the podcast.
2- Is it not a movie you know? Listen to the caster intro.
3- Is Steve in the group? Listen to the podcast.

Steven is the funniest guy, and actively makes the others guys try to be funnier, too. On some casts where he isn't there, it's like when you hang out with your group of friends but it's nothing but the B Team there and nobody really plays off each other.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

TetsuoTW posted:

I thought they said that wasn't going to be an episode?

It's sort of lose-lose for WHM because people will bitch about the lovely audio quality if it gets released and they'll whine about not getting to hear it if it doesn't. From a couple of social media conversations it sounds like they might just release it though.

The live episodes aren't downright unlistenable but I think I've only made it through one entirely. Aside from audio it always seems like live podcasts really mess with the rhythm podcasters develop together.

But I'd say it's all worth it to hear Steve rant about Hal Jordan.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
They should just do a separate regular episode for GL after the live one.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
If you're in the midwest, WHM is doing a show discussing Vice Versa. And it's free!

The timing on this is amazing; just the other day I was internally whining about how shows like WHM or HDTGM never come around.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
We Hate Movies owns and the Abraxus episode is a drat masterpiece. Secundus

Also the theme song to How Did This Get Made is legitimately one of the worst things I've ever heard, I'd probably be able to enjoy the show if I wasn't cringing for 20-25 seconds straight at the top of each episode.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

PUGGERNAUT posted:

We Hate Movies owns and the Abraxus episode is a drat masterpiece. Secundus
Follow that up with the Hamburger: The Motion Picture episode for the return of Ventura/Abraxis.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

Follow that up with the Hamburger: The Motion Picture episode for the return of Ventura/Abraxis.

That's a great movie for kids, it teaches then how to count tens

Ten... twenty... thirty...

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
The best line in the Hamburger episode was this.

"That's why you haven't heard of this movie. It's been buried by progress."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Scratchman Apoo posted:

The best line in the Hamburger episode was this.

"That's why you haven't heard of this movie. It's been buried by progress."

I know people laugh at that, but the movie really is that bad. The only black character literally spends all but the last three minutes of the movie in full-on prisoner arm-and-leg chains.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat
Thank all of you for introducing me to this podcast. The Mortal Kombat episode was amazing. Those Raiden impressions were amazing, especially when he was on the hotel TV selling the amenities. I was giggling like an idiot on the train.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

What are some good episodes? I've listened to Mortal Kombat, Dreamcatcher and a few others.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The Pallbearer, which features my fave WHM character.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ravenkult posted:

What are some good episodes? I've listened to Mortal Kombat, Dreamcatcher and a few others.

Ghostbusters II, Men In Black II, Tuff Turf, Pray for Death, and Butterfly Effect are all great.

e: oh yeah, and Halloween 3, with the adventures of Tom Atkins, the ninja of drinking.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

ravenkult posted:

I'm a sucker for bad impressions, so my favorites are:

Ep 21 - The Principal - Jim Belushi acts like a jerk, hits kids.
Ep 110 - Foodfight! - Cartoon animals explore sexuality and racism.
Ep 145 - Hard Target - Wilford Brimley dons a Cajun accent.
Ep 157 - Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe - Abraxas v. Secundas
Ep 171 - Secret Window - Lunatic author steals story.

I couldn't find a link on the website but Seventh Son is a great episode.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You shtole mah story.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The Hard Target one sold me on the movie itself. I didn't know until the podcast that, that movie was the movie that spawned the "Wilford Brimley on a horse riding away from an explosion.gif"

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Secret Window was the best, out of the ones I listened to.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

cheerfullydrab posted:

The Pallbearer, which features my fave WHM character.

:smithcloud:

Aside from the aforementioned, some of my favorites are:

Pray for Death: ninja goes on blood vendetta; also might be a Batman
Tuff Turf: "I'm not having a hard time making fun of this movie, 'cause it's a bad, stupid movie, but this is a GREAT fuckin' movie!"
Blame it on Rio: I have never in my life heard a group of people more uncomfortable with describing the plot of a film
Addicted to Love: the second most uncomfortable I've ever heard a group of people describing the plot of a film
Buried Alive: for, uh, no particular reason or anything :shobon:

If you're just scrolling around their episodes list and don't know what to pick, good starting points are always holiday movies, family movies or anything that's made-for-tv. They're at their best when ranting about a movie that doesn't know how hosed up it is.

Edit: Evil Mastermind beat me to my first two in the time it took me to hunt down those links and listen to a bunch of clips (:mad:) so here's a couple more:

The Core: unobtanium, cry-hacking, nine thousand degrees
Easy Rider: The Ride Back: a different kind of you shtole mah story

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 7, 2015

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

You shtole mah story.

Ah'll be back in three days...

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Foodfight one was actually my first episode. I went looking for people's comments on that... thing, and WHM's cast on it sold me on the whole show.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Also the theme song to How Did This Get Made is legitimately one of the worst things I've ever heard, I'd probably be able to enjoy the show if I wasn't cringing for 20-25 seconds straight at the top of each episode.
Even if you make it through that, you then usually have to sit through June being an unfunny idiot the whole time too, so there's that. Seriously she's so loving bad.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I feel like every time someone asks the best episodes I'm the only one who mentions Gymkata. It's one of the first ones they did where they legitimately enjoy the movie.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Child's Play 3 episode is one of my favorites if only because of the sudden Abraxas impression in the middle, "I threw Chuckie down a garbage chute and called him a shlack-jawed so-and-so, ALSO I THOUGHT HE WAS SECUNDUS"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Next week is We Love Movies and if you go to Jupin's Letterboxd page you can find out what amazing film they are watching.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

bobkatt013 posted:

Next week is We Love Movies and if you go to Jupin's Letterboxd page you can find out what amazing film they are watching.

I can't navigate that site. Which Nic Cage movie is it?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Firstborn posted:

I can't navigate that site. Which Nic Cage movie is it?

It is Face Off

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

bobkatt013 posted:

It is Face Off

:allears:

That's going to be amazing. It's next to Bad Lieutenant maybe the most Nick Cage-iest of his movies.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
gently caress yes.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

e X posted:

:allears:

That's going to be amazing. It's next to Bad Lieutenant maybe the most Nick Cage-iest of his movies.

It's got Nic Cage doing an impression of John Travolta doing a Nic Cage impression. One of the best movies ever.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

My absolute favorite episode. Amazing stuff.

DoombatINC posted:

Blame it on Rio: I have never in my life heard a group of people more uncomfortable with describing the plot of a film

This is a great episode, but as they themselves say, this is Advanced Level WHM, and should not be listened to by new comers (mainly because it's far so much creepier than usual).

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Edit: ^^ We Hate Movies Nights :c00l:

bobkatt013 posted:

It is Face Off

I thought they said it wasn't the movie I was thinking of but that's the movie I'm always thinking of :confused:

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 7, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DoombatINC posted:

I thought they said it wasn't the movie I was thinking of but that's the movie I'm always thinking of :confused:

As you should be, but I assume they mean not the movie a bad movie podcast would be doing of his aka Wickerman or any other awful but amazing movie he has done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Jack Frost is also very entertaining for their indignity at the lovely spoiled kid who is also indirectly responsible for his father's death