Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

DuckHuntDog posted:

That's a either a great example of confirmation bias or you are scum teammates with Viva setting up a mislynch tomorrow.

When I read those posts, I see you or Viva defending the other by trying to explain and downplay scummy behaviors.

Max posted:

Byers had Cpig in the bag earlier today, that argument makes no . . .
am I having a stroke?

Do you smell toast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Also, Max, no word from bowmore?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

DuckHuntDog posted:

I don't have a strong read yet, it is still D1. Of those three I would pick Max over WM just because I don't really get what WM is doing. My gut pick is Hal but I don't have a case yet.

It was this post.

Byers2142 posted:

Also, Max, no word from bowmore?

No. I'll send another PM. Just radio silence so far.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Max posted:

I am reading this post over and over again and I can't make sense of this.

Why would you possibly think that me saying "we are lovers" and "lynching Viva is a good idea" would paint me as Viva's scum buddy?

Here you go:

Max posted:

Most likely, yeah.

You moved off VN onto Rarity, and then posted that most likely Viva was scum if Rarity wasn't. The very next day, after coming out with the bit about being lovers:

Max posted:

I don't think it's Viva.

That is not "lynching Viva would be a good idea", even if you have moved back to it since when it became a more likely prospect.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

DuckHuntDog posted:

Is there anything corroborating them being lovers that I don't remember?

No, but they've both claimed it and so if one dies and the other doesn't...

It's a claim that wouldn't work if one dies, and Max is willing to die to vote Viva today.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Max posted:

No. I'll send another PM. Just radio silence so far.

Nah, it's dead of night in kangaroo land, just wondered if he'd have gotten an answer to you before bed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

DuckHuntDog posted:

That is not "lynching Viva would be a good idea", even if you have moved back to it since when it became a more likely prospect.

That was when I was made lovers with someone and thought "why would scum make me lovers with one of their own" because I was more likely to be lynched. I have since changed my mind on this.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

No, but they've both claimed it and so if one dies and the other doesn't...

It's a claim that wouldn't work if one dies, and Max is willing to die to vote Viva today.

I guess my assumption is they would want to scare the thread into not voting them for fear of losing too many players and risk it, but that is a fair point.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

FYI, this is pretty close to mod-confirmed from in this very thread, if you doubt that we are lovers.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Max posted:

FYI, this is pretty close to mod-confirmed from in this very thread, if you doubt that we are lovers.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

DuckHuntDog posted:

I guess my assumption is they would want to scare the thread into not voting them for fear of losing too many players and risk it, but that is a fair point.

I considered it yesterday, and if Max wasn't willing to vote VIva right now then I'd agree with you, there might be something there. Ironically, regardless of whether you think Max is scumbros with Viva or not, the solution to both is to lynch Viva and see what happens.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I didn't get to read at work so I'm doing so now - at the risk of needlessly searching up a bunch of quotes when what I want to be doing is :350:ing and watching baseball,

Byers2142 posted:

I went back to look at the thread, and I'm feeling more confident in this call. Look at some of these posts:

It's all connecting two unflipped players and overall I think that Viva's play plus the apparent lack of scum targeting the lovers means Viva should get our vote today, but when she flips scum all of this because more reasons DHD is the third scumbro.

I agree with Byers here. If both lovers were town I can't imagine why Pig would have been the NK target, and I still haven't gotten over Viva trying to take the heat off of Opop on D1.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hi,

Apparently, I would get confirmation that my BP had been used. That pretty much clears CPig in my eyes.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Ok so like a min after my last post I was on my way to lunch and got rear ended and I just got out of the hospital now. So I haven't read anything. My thoughts before were that what Byers did didn't make sense cause I think there are 3 scum and he seems to know there's 2. Unless u think both max and I are scum it's dumb to cuddle us unless u know there's only 2 scum cause otherwise if only 1 of us is scum we will loose if there's an night kill. So I'm on pain meds and haven't read anything else and I'm going to sleep but I am not going to work tomorrow. So kill me if u must or wait till tomorrow for me to contribute. Sorry for delaying things.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Sorry Viva, hope you are ok.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

VivaNova posted:

Ok so like a min after my last post I was on my way to lunch and got rear ended and I just got out of the hospital now. So I haven't read anything. My thoughts before were that what Byers did didn't make sense cause I think there are 3 scum and he seems to know there's 2. Unless u think both max and I are scum it's dumb to cuddle us unless u know there's only 2 scum cause otherwise if only 1 of us is scum we will loose if there's an night kill. So I'm on pain meds and haven't read anything else and I'm going to sleep but I am not going to work tomorrow. So kill me if u must or wait till tomorrow for me to contribute. Sorry for delaying things.

Uhhh I'm pretty sure we'll all give you a pass for delaying things! Here's hoping that the hospital is a precautionary thing and that you're feeling fine in no time.

Rest up and feel better, this game should be the last of your concerns :glomp:

(that said, I feel ready to vote if others are)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This lovers thing really is a curse.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

VivaNova posted:

I sincerely hope you're ok, no serious damage and that you recover quickly.

I don't see how there's 4 scum to start this game, not in a vanilla game; that'd be more than 25% scum. Bare minimum players you'd need for 4 scum is 16 players, and even that's a rough time of it. If there were 4 scum and both you and Max were town, a kill on you would win scum the game right there. That kill never happened. Sorry, but you got caught out.

##vote Viva

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

This lovers thing really is a curse.

It's only going to get worse before it gets better! ##vote Viva

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

##vote VivaNova

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Fyi, ignore my wills. I have had atrocious opinions this game.

##vote viva

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

:redhammer:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

I'm so incredibly angry with Opop right now. He not only managed to scumslip twice in 2 days, he never even checked into the scumdoc! We shouldn’t have even tried to save him, the worthless rodent. :argh:

quote:

Ok, I'm feeling a bit better about this game. Rarity was the best cuddle for us, refocuses town. Opop's death even turned out not to be such a bummer, we put his will to good use. :devil:

quote:

Thank you everyone in town who contributed to this victory by sending us gifts. We couldn’t have done it without you! Really though: OOF. Only 2 miscuddles after a victorious D1, that’s rough. I’m gonna need to go through and count the number of times I was called scum this game. Cause seriously. And still somehow sailed by 2 vigs and 2 lynches, no sweat? Cray. Again, thanks for the vigs.

But we floating in them smoke trails man
And it all just comes so easy
And lately I've been feeling bad
Because we've got it so good

VivaNova Scum-Aligned Lover has been lynched Day 4

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Is it twilight, can we post?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Well, I think I've answered my own question as to where I'm any good at this game following a long hiatus: I am not.

That being said, I'm going to ignore my suspicions and actually go against my gut at the moment, because I think there's a better case there.

1) VN. I would take a long hard look at VN. The situation near the end of Day1 could have actually swung away from Opop and instead gone to someone else. VN's case, while I agree with it, could have been a very well constructed attempt at stopping the Opop train.

2) CP didn't do much and came in with the hammer when it was fairly clear that Opop was well and truly done.The majority of his posts are emotes.

3) I 100 percent agree that TheRam's absence is pretty bad, especially since he felt it necessary to make a giant effort post in a simultaneous game that wasn't near deadline, like this one was. That seems like he's a little too gun shy to put his opinion out there in this game, especially after promising he would do so over and over again. He maintained a presence, but it was superficial.

4) I drink hard cider because grain-based alcohol has been seriously upsetting my stomach recently.

quote:

Hello my friends,

If you are reading this, then you already know that your dear, hated frienemy Max is gone from this earth, and you are all better for it.

-Regardless of Rarity's flip, I do think that VN is worth a look, though obviously less so now than before. I know as town I have ignored cases on me (unless I see someone outright lying) and I see VN doing this to some extent D2, so that's points in their favor.

-WM, Cpig, PMush all need a good hard look at this point in time. I have a feeling that at least 1 scum has to be lurking in the background at the moment, especially given how much heat Rarity had on them D2. It would have been very easy to sit back and let that lynch happen (and it did!) proving again that I am not so hot at this game as I once was. Cpig in particular looks rather stinky, especially given their day 1 consistent flow of emotes and little else. Day 2 wasn't much different.

-Pmush is getting another category for themselves, because I really, really want to emphasize the fact that they should not have slid away with that claimed scum joke the way they did, and then went on to contribute little else to the game.

OK, have fun.

quote:

Literally ignore the other two wills, they are useless. Unfortunately, I don't have much for you. If you are reading this, it's because Viva actually is town. Someone gifted me a one-shot bulletproof ability for N3.

I'm not going to mention Viva here, because there's no point. If Viva is dead, I'm dead, and if I'm dead, Viva is dead.

Focus on Byers. I think he is uniquely positioned to kill off the town. I will be very, very happy if this is the case, because it means that Pmush claiming scum and me pushing it was right on the money.

I have a completely null read on CPig at the moment. I think he's just loving around, but in an entirely townie way (I've done this, way back.) I know most of my opinions have been pretty god damned terrible, but there you go.

So that's it. Please lynch Byers. It's legit the right move.

Max Town-Aligned One Shot Bulletproof Lover has jumped off a cliff and died Day 4

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Byers2142 posted:

Is it twilight, can we post?
Yep.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey Max your inbox is full.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Does it mean it's time to get our next Wills/Testaments in?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Byers2142 posted:

Does it mean it's time to get our next Wills/Testaments in?
Yep!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ok, here's where we stand. 5 players left, we're looking for one scum, but we're not going to dodge another NK I don't think. Meaning it's MYLO tomorrow. We should no lynch. If I die, no lynch. Make it a 3-player end game and then lynch DHD.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
5 more minutes until twilight ends.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

There are only two players that can be the last scum, but we're a mislynch away from losing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It is now Night 4

get those diary entries in kids

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

I, JACQUELINE "fiery_valkyrie" ONASSIS, of the City, County and State of New York, do make, publish and declare this to be my Last Will and Testament…

To the son of my faithful private secretary, Giusseppe Pizzapie I leave the bulk of my estate. I thought you would amount to nothing as I watched you grow up. After all who else doesn't get the hang of toilet training until after the age of 5, but it seems that you are one of those "idiot savants", good for nothing but catching scum. Given you skill in this area I feel it appropriate to reward you.

To my long serving butler, Duck Hunt Dog, you have served me faithfully my friend over many, many years and so to you I leave my holiday house on the Greek Island of Iona.

To my mechanic, Capitalist Pig, I leave my collection of vintage cars. Although every time I went to talk to you, Capitalist Pig, you were bent over an engine showing me your butt crack in full and repugnant glory, I believe you have served me well.

To assorted hangers on and distant family members -- Hal, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin and Poison Mushroom -- I leave you each $1000. Spend it wisely.

For those I have not yet bequeathed anything on -- Exact Science, Max, Rarity, TheRam, VivaNova and Wall Monitor -- you have disappointed me greatly in these last days and I leave you nothing.

quote:

I, JACQUELINE "fiery_valkyrie" ONASSIS, of the City, County and State of New York, do make, publish and declare this to be my Last Will and Testament…

I find myself rewriting my will with a heavy heart. That dear little boy Diqnol is dead -- and of autoerotic asphyixiation. What a terrible way to go.

I hereby leave all my belongings to be divided between DHD, MT, Cpig, Hal and TheRam, on the provision that they kill Exact.

Everyone else can get lost.

quote:

This is my last will and testament blah blah blah.

What a disaster of a day. I've re-read and think it is Viva and her scum buddy is likely Cpig.

Read Viva's posts. Lots of words, very little actual content. She's happy to talk mechanics, wifom, mafia-dad stuff. Even on D2 when her biggest push was exact she didn't make an original case, just referred to others.

If she does flip scum, then I think her most likely scum buddy is Cpig. He's just sitting back, doing nothing, getting ignored.

If Viva flips town, I think it's Byers instead.

Good luck town!!

quote:

So, I guess Pig wasn't lying then.

I gave DHD a pass on D2 because he was on the Opop vote early and vocally, but his push on Hal was terrible. I thought it was pretty obvious at the time that Hal was town but I never pointed out how I felt about DHD pushing him.

However, if you're down to four players then absolutely the best thing to do is VOTE NO LYNCH kids.

fiery_valkyrie Town-Aligned Vanilla was killed Night 4

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (4): Byers2142, CapitalistPig, DuckHuntDog, Murmur Twin

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

LOL تم لوگوں گونگے ہیں

quote:

HOW DARE YOU KILL ME YOU SON OF A BITCH I WILL HAUNT YOU!
I'm vt

quote:

LISTEN YOU loving JOKERS

YOU READY?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOUsbtUrXHk

quote:

Chin china china china china china china

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_etl_qkelX0

Capitalist Pig Town-Aligned One Shot Bulletproof has been end gamed.

quote:

pmush
pre:
lol_______________________lol
lol_______________________lol
lol__________lol__________lol
lol_______lol___lol_______lol
lol_______lol___lol_______lol
lol__________lol__________lol

quote:

Byers:
Ok, so now that I know the rules and type more than the minimum, here's where I stand.

Yeah, I dunno. I replace din because bowmore needed someone, but I'm pretty drained from CYOS and I've got, like, zero idea what's going on. If I die, hit Viva tomorrow. There's mafia campion to Viva's posting; look at the interactions with f_v.

That's... the best I got, sorry.

quote:

Byers2142 wrote on Apr 7, 2015 12:42:
They say a picture is worth 1000 words.

Math says that the proper move is to No Lynch tomorrow, get an additional gift from the dead townie tomorrow night as well and hope it tips the balance. Here's where I stand on everyone:

CPig is town. Bank on it, build on it. I'm sorry I had to make that fake cop result on him and rile him up, but his reaction, his claim, everything about how this game has gone screams that CPig is town. If I live, it's because he died.

f_v I feel like is either playing a top shelf scum game, or is town. I especially don't see f_v as scumbros with Viva. In fact, there's only one thing that makes me suspicious of f_v; Viva's last testament. "Thanks for the vigs." Plural. Is it just thanks for vigs hitting two town, or thanks for both vigs being given to scum players?

Murmur feels gunshy this game, but I don't know if it's from getting burned recently or it's a different, scummy playstyle. I could be swayed to see Murmur as scum, but DHD is worse. Way worse.

I pointed out DHD's interactions with VIva previously, his D1 and D2 posting that was scummy, and Viva's limp noodle opinion piece on DHD. It feels like both tried to lessen the damage of Opop's scumclaim D1 and stay out of each other's way, only talking about each other when forced and trying to make cases where each felt the other might be scum, but was more likely town.

Right now, if I had to pick Viva's scumbro, it's DHD.

Wait, I just did a reread. f_v avoided Opop's scumslip almost entirely D1. I felt like Viva and f_v had distance, but it was manufactured. Look at f_v picking a fight with Viva over "dismissive." I was a fool, Viva was literally saying scum were given two vigs. It's not DHD, it's f_v.

I was wrong. I was so wrong. Lynch f_v. If I die, f_V is the scum. :siren: f_v is the last scum. :siren:

Byers2142 Town-Aligned Vanilla has been end gamed.

that means...

DuckHuntDog Scum-Aligned Vanilla
Murmur Twin Scum-Aligned Vanilla

have won!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

gently caress.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

:slick:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Man, I really thought you were going to target CPig, since he was pretty much confirmed town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Murmur Twin

quote:

Murmur Twin wrote on Mar 28, 2015 13:34:
BUS-ted.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Praying that i didn't make some terrible mistake that doomed my team - go scumbro and scumsis! Overtly bussing is something that i don't think people would expect me to do, so it felt like a good play. Perhaps it was right, perhaps it was wrong - we'll see.

Really had fun playing scum again! After five straight months of town, i enjoyed getting to try my hand at being deceptive within the framework of a game. Right about now i'm sure i'm reading over my game and realizing i should have listened to scumbro more about the busdriver.

I have absolute faith that scumbro and scumsis will be able to take this game home for scum even though i couldn't make it out alive. They've proven to be smart cookies so far and so i hope they get what I'm saying here:

You guys need to take out theram next.

quote:

Murmur Twin wrote on Apr 1, 2015 00:46:

quote:

Rarity posted:

MT - Towny as hell

TheRam posted:

Murmur Twin
Jumps straight on Opop, this was a strong move as scum, that would require Murmur to really believe Opop was doomed to commit to. Makes me think Murmur is town.
Yeh MT is probs town (P8)

King Burgundy posted:

Super townie:
MMT

fiery valkyrie posted:

So based on D1 at the moment I think Hal, DHD and MT are town. I also think WM is very likely town since that's where Opop stuck his vote.

Diqnol posted:

I like MT for town as of now as well. MT has been on the same page as me about a number of things.

If you're from the future and someone linked you this game to get a meta on my scumgame, I promise you this is the last time I'm ever going to bus my teammate. That all just kind of happened and I ended up getting lucky as a result. Meta arguments are dumb anyways, why don't you go back to whatever game we're currently in together and build a case there?

quote:

Murmur Twin wrote on Apr 4, 2015 10:27:
I think we won the game? And I have company coming over in a half hour so I'm going to end one of the funner games I've ever played with one of the shortest confessionals I've ever written.

quote:

Murmur Twin wrote on Apr 7, 2015 23:19:
Man, that town cred sure was slipping at the end! I have every reason to believe the game is going to be over at the end of this night phase, so here's hoping I can keep my 1.000 scum streak (3 out of 3) alive. If the game continues after this I'm not really sure how much longer I'm going to be able to look town - I'm far stronger at keeping myself out of situations where I have to directly lie than I am actually lying to people.

Here are some random thoughts, most of which I say at some point in the scumdoc:

- After so many town games, I had a good chance to reflect on what my posting style is, which allowed me to fake it pretty decently at the beginning of the game. Usually, town me posts more as more information becomes available - the fact that I had less and less to say reads to me as a scumtell that I need to correct for future games.

- I hastily submitted my N3 will because it was Friday night, but if I had time it probably would have been written thinking the game was over and we won (making me look stupid in the process). Once I saw D4 start and Pig not die, I genuinely thought I botched it which rattled me a bit.

- I was going to fakeclaim a Pig TOWN cop result right before Byers fakeclaimed a Pig NOT TOWN result. I had declared I had two items and figured people would press me for information so I wanted to have something ready - instead, no one asked so I didn't tell. Humorously, if I had just done it, I probably could have gotten Byers mislynched. Oops.

- While I prefer active posters to lurkers, I was mostly trying to play up lurker frustration to give me an out for playing poorly and lynching so many townies :) Wall Monitor in particular was someone I felt bad casing because he seemed like he genuinely didn't know what to say - the advice I would give when you don't have any cases is to either (a) make a bad case or (b) ask people questions so that you can make a case down the road. Hopefully it was a "not sure what to say" thing and not a "not having fun" thing!

- I think I need to scale back to one active game at a time after this - I was able to handle two or three at once over the winter but I wasn't lying about having less free time.

Thanks to bowmore for a good game and my scumteam for doing what we needed to do! If it turns out the game isn't over (as I write this there's 2 scum 3 town with the NK to be resolved, and Viva left us an unstoppable kill) I'm going to feel like a doofus.

Duck Dog!

quote:

DuckHuntDog wrote on Mar 28, 2015 11:02:
I wonder who looks worst after Opop's flip?

Any one of the guys who defended him could be scum.
Maybe all three?

So I just gotta keep reading them.
Calm and collected.
Under less pressure with one scumbo down.
Maybe we have a chance to win this game?

quote:

DuckHuntDog wrote on Mar 31, 2015 10:46:
So we dunked an innocent.
Only she sure did not seem that innocent to me.
Really don't know what to do now.
Really don't know who the bad guys are.
Yet I must remain calm, rational and ever vigilant.

Righteousness will win the day over evil.
A new day; a new chance to make up for our errors.
Ready and willing,
I will avenge you, Rarity.
This I promise.
You need not worry.

quote:

DuckHuntDog wrote on Apr 7, 2015 12:26:
Two scumbos down, one to go.

We can do this guys.
We got this.

I was wrong about Viva and Max being the only two, but I know we'll get this right.

quote:

DuckHuntDog wrote on Apr 4, 2015 10:23:
I feel like this is a Truman Show game and I'm Truman. What the hell is going on, I thought this was supposed to be vanilla?

Peace.

SCUMDOC = https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6pRBDOXLRkKIHdzt7cK9sdbl-825MXz_8Z1LXWWv4k/edit#gid=0

• Locked thread