Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snostorm
Sep 9, 2013
Is the Fleeca heist pretty easy to do? Want to run it with a friend for cash but we're both pretty low level (15 and 8). I had a good head start with my 500k starter cash, but he started from scratch and only has the micro SMG. Once I start the heist, we can keep trying/running it until completion, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

It's really, really easy. Near impossible to fail

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I'm not even kidding, I did it with one hand last night

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
Work all easter weekend (some of it for charity, goddamned children's hospice), fire up the xbone, get an invite from beastie for some heist action with 2 other goons aaaaaaaaaaand my connection/xbox live decides to poo poo the bed.

:(

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I'm looking to either host or join the 4th heist on PS4 in about an hour (3:00 central). I really just want to get the unlocks so if I host you'll get a nice cut.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

If anyone ever sees me (LogicBlast) online, don't get offended if I don't say anything/respond; I don't have a headset that works on PS3 so I usually leave voice chat off.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.

i flunked out posted:

guy in the passenger seat of the valkyrie got headshotted by the passengers in the first helicopter that you have to destroy.

I had my arm out a window ready to huck a sticky and they shot it out of my hand.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
So this happened after returning to free mode from a heist setup mission:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlknNOzDeBU

Fairly sure that was Abilifier's car under my Insurgent. Abilifier or Adregan should have a selfie from just before hand.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I'm trying to have fun this evening. Zombie Boat on Xbone if anyone wants to play.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Finally managed to beat the cop setup by being on the cop team and losing my wanted level in the subway tunnel. Not sure why the pubbie on team cops felt the need to call me an idiot and a bad driver, though. I guess I should have stayed on the gas and crashed into everything like other people usually do. That would have made everything better (as in we woukd have waited for team car to deliver the vehicle even longer). :allears:

E: also thanks pentler and illigan for the airplane setup, sorry I suicided the plane first try - somehow managed to hit the bail button :argh:

orcane fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 7, 2015

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Finally took down the Humane Labs heist but was kicked after every single set up mission and timing out almost every time I tried to reconnect to online.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Policenaut posted:

I hope you didn't glitch yourself a Duke O' Death because Rockstar is dealing with you in hilarious fashion.

Dear god, did R* actually hire someone with a sense of humor / not-entirely-terrible-ideas? Cause that's a bit amusing.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Can someone help me out here? I'm wanting to do my own heists, so I bought myself an apartment, but now what? Do I have to do some Lester missions to get them to work or what?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Holy gently caress I've been playing this game since last gen launch and just saw that you can have your blown up insured car delivered.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Reverse Centaur posted:

Holy gently caress I've been playing this game since last gen launch and just saw that you can have your blown up insured car delivered.

It's the only way to ensure maximum pubbie annoyance. Especially now that the armored Kuruma gets blown up so easily, which makes them think they've got you vulnerable with no car, but nope, you've got it back in about 8 seconds.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Was trying to do series a trash truck on ps3 and mission starts and my entire hud stops working. start menu no go, map, phone, player names etc... none of it worked.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

bman in 2288 posted:

Can someone help me out here? I'm wanting to do my own heists, so I bought myself an apartment, but now what? Do I have to do some Lester missions to get them to work or what?

Which apartment?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

cheesetriangles posted:

Was trying to do series a trash truck on ps3 and mission starts and my entire hud stops working. start menu no go, map, phone, player names etc... none of it worked.

Yeah I get that rarely here and there. Annoying, huh? Just drop to single player if you can get into the pause menu then load back in to gtao

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah I get that rarely here and there. Annoying, huh? Just drop to single player if you can get into the pause menu then load back in to gtao

Yeah pause menu wouldn't work. I had to go to xmb and quit the game entirely.

cka
May 3, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

that mission is notoriously laggy for some reason, half the time it pisses away like 10-20 seconds before loading the next checkpoint when I'm playing it after we get the garbage and kill the bangers

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Policenaut posted:

I hope you didn't glitch yourself a Duke O' Death because Rockstar is dealing with you in hilarious fashion.
This happens to anyone that tries to get into the car? :getin:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is it possible to buy any of the fighter jets? Or can they only be stolen from the military base?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

cheesetriangles posted:

Is it possible to buy any of the fighter jets? Or can they only be stolen from the military base?

You can buy the Hydra after heist #3.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Can you not the skip the cutscenes when you host for the first time? I've seen them all as a crew and it won't let me skip them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

cheesetriangles posted:

Can you not the skip the cutscenes when you host for the first time? I've seen them all as a crew and it won't let me skip them.

Nope, because they're technically separate cutscenes.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I just had the worst loving Fleeca bank ever my first time hosting.
First 2 setups go well, new guy dies once on stealing the car but no big deal. Then after that I invite him to the final heist and he declines. So I go looking for a new guy and I get some similar low level guy like myself. Things start to go bad right away when he takes forever to get to the factory to get into the armored car after locking me out of his personal car. We get there and I start drilling and it was my first time ever drilling so it took a minute for me to get used to it. I get the box open and we are escaping, and he totally overshoots Eddie Toh and can't get under him. This was our first failure. Next time I'm better at drilling, I just about have the box open and he kills a hostage. Next time I barely get started and he kills a hostage. Next time I get done pretty quick, he misses the cargobob again. 5th loving time I do the drilling in like 20-30 seconds and we escape and he finally manages to get under the magnet with barely any road left. I should have taken more than 60%.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Good lord the Armored Kuruma is magical. I have leveled from prey to predator as far as Freeroam goes. Its also highly satisfying going up against gun insurgents and having them pay 6k for your car every time it blows up. A pubbie killed me 4 times before not firing anymore because of the rising 24k insurance costs.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Everyone with a mic on ps3 is a kid who's voice hasn't broken.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

omg chael crash posted:

Which apartment?

The Royale. Apt. 19.

It was in my budget.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

bman in 2288 posted:

The Royale. Apt. 19.

It was in my budget.

Googled it, that's not one of the apartments with a Heist room, so you'll need to upgrade :(

Edit: Looks like the cheapest high-end apartment is Del Perro Heights #7 for $200k.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

bman in 2288 posted:

The Royale. Apt. 19.

It was in my budget.

No bueno, it has to have a heist room. The cheapest of which are the alta street apartments if memory serves.

Snostorm
Sep 9, 2013

cheesetriangles posted:

Everyone with a mic on ps3 is a kid who's voice hasn't broken.

Hand-me-downs from their older sib/parent who upgraded to PS4. Join the party!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The ps4 is pretty much the same way.

getting into races is a pain in the rear end because for 10 year olds, every race is supercars at noon, and kick anybody over level 100.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm going to be really happy next Tuesday.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Another thing: is it supposed to be frustrating as hell to play missions alone? Because waiting for 5 minutes for someone, anyone, to join my games is a pain in my rear end.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Need 1 person for a Prison Break, any takers?

PSN: literallygary

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
just loggin on, going to play a lovely thing of tennis then I am free.

Orv
May 4, 2011

bman in 2288 posted:

Another thing: is it supposed to be frustrating as hell to play missions alone? Because waiting for 5 minutes for someone, anyone, to join my games is a pain in my rear end.

The early combat missions have been pretty easy to solo with snacks and patience, but I'm starting to get the complicated stuff like kill four guys in a row in different places, where the third guy has about twenty extremely aggressive buddies.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Anyone wanna join me and do High Priority Case? Or friend me in case I need extra guns so I don't have to run a mission 7 times to win it?

PS4: bman_in_2288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Soloing missions gets easier as you familiarize yourself with the enemy spawn- and reinforcement patterns, but enemies still have sniper accuracy with machine guns from three miles away (or with shotguns blind-firing from cover), exactly know where you are for the rest of the mission, and you're still made out of paper. Most missions are still manageable even though they easily get you killed (eg. "blow up Lazers in the military base, PS there are a million guys with body armor and machine guns that take off your armor on two hits from all directions coming at you"). And a handful which are nearly impossible because you're meant to open a safe while enemies spawn two doors over, endlessly.

That said a Buzzard makes a lot of the higher level missions easy to solo again. Just don't blow up the wrong things...

• Locked thread