Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

This is great and shame on anyone who didn't read and click copy/paste the URL :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

sticklefifer posted:

OK, so I know doxxing isn't really approved on SA, but since this is actual insider news I figured it might be alright. I did a bit of detective work to track down MetsFan4Ever recently after all the r/SquaredCircle stuff went down, and there was some stuff I really didn't expect. Believe me or don't, I don't care, but I like PSP so I thought I'd share it.

I figured it had to be someone from the Northeast US, most likely in the Tri-State area. Who else would want their very prominent online identity to be known as a "Mets fan forever" but a NY/NJ/CT resident? You get that sort of fan devotion when it's something you grew up with in your own region. So that shrinks down the geographic location at least.

So I dug a bit further. He claims to be either a current or former WWE employee, so that narrows the search quite a bit. While this part is admittedly very dubious, he claims CM Punk is a personal friend and that he wrote his promos, which although probably bullshit would be a small subset of people if true (mainly because I'm pretty sure creative control of his onscreen character was in Punk's contract). But regardless he'd have to be a part of WWE Creative at some point if any of this stuff were actually true, and he'd have to be someone employed by the company at least somewhere between 2006-2014, Punk's years with the company. If you assume he was referring to the bigger promos at Punk's peak, this means closer to 2011-2013. If you look at WWE's employee records within those years, there are very few people who fit all of the criteria here.

Whether or not you buy that part of his story is another matter - bear with me a minute. If MetsFan is even telling a modicum of truth, that's a really short list. Who would risk being exposed in the company like that? Well, you'll note that he also posted on Reddit that there are definitely people from WWE leaking deliberate misinformation and misdirection. That adds a bit of credence in my book because I'd totally believe they're trying to work the internet. Everyone knows Reddit, like it or not.

The last bit I'll mention is that in his comment style, I noticed he's incredibly defensive (the butthurt over people calling him out), has a big ego (the Jesus self-comparison), it's easy to rile him up, and he's extremely petty. I don't know how well this is known in wrestlefan circles, but in my many years of talking to people in or around the business, WWE's own employees have routinely described a specific member of their Creative team in a very similar way, and he is in fact still an active part of the company.

So here's the thing - I confronted him to see if he'd make some sort of statement, and he did. You can see what he had to say right here (copy/paste, because I probably shouldn't direct-link it):

youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

:golfclap:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

sticklefifer posted:

OK, so I know doxxing isn't really approved on SA, but since this is actual insider news I figured it might be alright. I did a bit of detective work to track down MetsFan4Ever recently after all the r/SquaredCircle stuff went down, and there was some stuff I really didn't expect. Believe me or don't, I don't care, but I like PSP so I thought I'd share it.

I figured it had to be someone from the Northeast US, most likely in the Tri-State area. Who else would want their very prominent online identity to be known as a "Mets fan forever" but a NY/NJ/CT resident? You get that sort of fan devotion when it's something you grew up with in your own region. So that shrinks down the geographic location at least.

So I dug a bit further. He claims to be either a current or former WWE employee, so that narrows the search quite a bit. While this part is admittedly very dubious, he claims CM Punk is a personal friend and that he wrote his promos, which although probably bullshit would be a small subset of people if true (mainly because I'm pretty sure creative control of his onscreen character was in Punk's contract). But regardless he'd have to be a part of WWE Creative at some point if any of this stuff were actually true, and he'd have to be someone employed by the company at least somewhere between 2006-2014, Punk's years with the company. If you assume he was referring to the bigger promos at Punk's peak, this means closer to 2011-2013. If you look at WWE's employee records within those years, there are very few people who fit all of the criteria here.

Whether or not you buy that part of his story is another matter - bear with me a minute. If MetsFan is even telling a modicum of truth, that's a really short list. Who would risk being exposed in the company like that? Well, you'll note that he also posted on Reddit that there are definitely people from WWE leaking deliberate misinformation and misdirection. That adds a bit of credence in my book because I'd totally believe they're trying to work the internet. Everyone knows Reddit, like it or not.

The last bit I'll mention is that in his comment style, I noticed he's incredibly defensive (the butthurt over people calling him out), has a big ego (the Jesus self-comparison), it's easy to rile him up, and he's extremely petty. I don't know how well this is known in wrestlefan circles, but in my many years of talking to people in or around the business, WWE's own employees have routinely described a specific member of their Creative team in a very similar way, and he is in fact still an active part of the company.

So here's the thing - I confronted him to see if he'd make some sort of statement, and he did. You can see what he had to say right here (copy/paste, because I probably shouldn't direct-link it):

aw son of a bitch

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

this was a good post. this was a good post all along.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

:drat:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I was hoping it was ROIDTECH and was extremely disappointed

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

but really, aren't we ALL metsfan4ever?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

super macho dude posted:

but really, aren't we ALL metsfan4ever?

only epitasis and rovert have the scoops. the rest of us just are along for the ride

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I was busting on metsfan earlier than most

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

I was busting on metsfan earlier than most

you scooped us

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mob posted:

Me too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Junpei Hyde posted:

Not gonna watch because I'm at work but if this isn't a link to the It's me Austin clip you wasted the time of everyone, including yourself.

If it is It's me Austin, then :golfclap:

Even my immediate family bought it.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

"It's me Austin! It was me allll along!"

"Ahhh! Dangit!"

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

sticklefifer posted:

Every drat one of us were made fools of.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

:bahgawd: AW SON OF A BITCH!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Replied to it without reading to the end, then visited the link and felt embarrassed.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Ive used that link way too many times so I recognized the url

Kill me

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Mob posted:

Same here :(

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

"It's me Austin! It was me allll along!"

"Ahhh! Dangit!"

yeah

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
In case everyone didn't get sick of TNAMecca a few months ago:

quote:

Joey Dood • 3 hours ago

BTW, some news for GFW fans - The GFW tapings will happen on the same day with NJPW's G1 Tournament. That means no AJ Styles for Jarrett.

quote:

Joey Dood • 3 hours ago

GFW's video about god drat lights has 83 likes and 2 dislikes. Even Jordan W. vids get assblasted with dislikes from TNA fans.
GFW fans are some real jock-sniffers.

quote:

Joey Dood VicVenomBytes • 3 hours ago

Not mad. Fascinated with sheep being so hyper over an obvious con

This man does not like Jeff Jarrett.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Those are not very cool posts, dood.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"on the same day with NJPW's G1 Tournament"

That would be like 8 months worth of GFW shows.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
guy is an rear end clown

both feds are different sides of the same coin so he's insulting TNA fans aswell the gimp

Malikov fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Apr 8, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

:bahgawd: AW SON OF A BITCH!

I'm always sad when that clip's posted and no-one quotes my favourite part, when Vince crows that "YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!" and King chirps "He's right, we did!" in the most :haw: tone ever.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Gaz-L posted:

I'm always sad when that clip's posted and no-one quotes my favourite part, when Vince crows that "YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!" and King chirps "He's right, we did!" in the most :haw: tone ever.

Followed later by "You're a fool, JR!" in that same tone. Even though King just agreed that everyone bought it; it cracks me up every time.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015

MassRafTer posted:

In case everyone didn't get sick of TNAMecca a few months ago:

This man does not like Jeff Jarrett.

I hope he eventually #JoinsTheForce

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Was AR Fox's gay-for-pay video a work or shoot?? One of the Mecca braintrust weighs in.

hee

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 9, 2015

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

It must be nice being that stupid.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Do these guys realize that Dave's actually been finding the show entertaining, said it's better than Raw, and would be thrilled if TNA was actually a competently run company with momentum that could be a serviceable #2 US fed?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Yeah, they need to realize that TNA getting their poo poo together would be GOOD for Dave.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Was AR Fox's gay-for-pay video a work or shoot?? One of the Mecca braintrust weighs in.

This rules

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah, they need to realize that TNA getting their poo poo together would be GOOD for Dave.

Would he make enough money to purchase a vehicle made from some valuable, yet impractical metal?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I can imagine HHH on his hands and knees in front of sting and angle "please come back! we desperately need someone to go on four matches before the main event at mania!"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFMp3PIx8Wo

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Does this guy think that HHH winning matches gives him more shares in WWE stock or something?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Thauros posted:

Do these guys realize that Dave's actually been finding the show entertaining, said it's better than Raw, and would be thrilled if TNA was actually a competently run company with momentum that could be a serviceable #2 US fed?

Daves opinion doesn't get copy and pasted onto news sites. He also does terrible things that shows his bias like reporting facts and figures, and suggesting that not everything smells of roses.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

actually like 80% of what is copy and pasted onto news sites is dave's opinion but it gets presented as fact scoops which is why people have such a distorted view of what he does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I'll start the pertition