Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Just waitin' on Somberbreo :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh no, sorry!

##pass

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

It's fine, no problem :) I'm actually going to be very lenient this weekend due to it being Easter - For me that means working very long hours, and juggling family life in between. I'll still be on at least once a day, but from tommorrow until Monday there won't be any rush at all.

Update coming soon, just need to eat first.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Witch Hunt - 10(6) POL LEA

POL 1 - Consolidate Power
POL 1 - Consolidate Power
POL 2 - Consolidate Power
LEA 1 - Executive Order
LEA 3 - Declare Emergency
LEA 4 - Declare Emergency
LEA 5 - Declare Emergency
TAC 3 - Strategic Planning

Total: 18 PASS

Heavies Activate!
Jump Prep +1!

Thanks to the efforts of the senior officers and leaders of the fleet, the angry mob is successfully placated. Blame for the recent upheaval was placed on a more obvious suspect than an internal spy - the giant frakking Cylon fleet outside. In light of this apparently shocking revelation, the ever fickle civilians disperse for now.

Turn 3.4: Zarek (Fat Samurai) is the Current Player.

Zarek (Fat Samurai) draws 2 POL, 1 LEA, reshuffles the LEA deck, 1 TAC then reshuffles the TAC deck.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Everything seems more or less under control. Do we risk a jump at -1 or wait for the automatic jump?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If you can Scout, either the Destination or Crisis deck really, I might go that route. The worst we risk right now is a Basestar shot sending one of us to sickbay which I would assume is unlikely without actually doing the math.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I think we should jump and just get out of this mess before anything else happens. We have stray plans I think and 1 pop isn't much.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
I'm leaning toward jump.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Sorry for the delay, guys, I've been travelling and without signal most of the weekend.

##XO Baltar. Would you kindly get off the Galactica and push?

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
I guess I have to do everything around here!

##Push the button

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
Also ##Strat Plan the roll

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Happy Easter, those who celebrate it and/or those who get it off as a holiday! I just finished a 14 hour shift at work and desperately need a lot of alcohol. Update coming at some unspecified point in the future.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Baltar's StratPlan was a Tac 4 and Zarek's XO was a Lea 1, for those playing along at home.

FTL Roll: 1d8 = 4 +2 = 6 FAIL -1 Pop!

The fleet jumps! Top 2 Destinations sent to Admiral Starbuck!

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Ok, let's head to

Tylium Planet - Distance: 1, Fuel: -1. Admiral may risk 1 Raptor: Roll 1-2 → lose Raptor; 3-8 → +2 fuel.

And let's send that raptor out. If anyone feels like playing a strat plan, feel free, but odds are good that we'll be fine without it.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Oh yeah, I'm moving on Wednesday, so I'll be mostly busy all day. I also start a new job next Monday, so I won't be as available as I currently am. Hopefully that's ok!

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

That's fine! Good luck with the new job Daisy :)

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Brony Hunter posted:

That's fine! Good luck with the new job Daisy :)

Thanks! :)

Go ahead with that roll whenever you're able to. I'll apologize later if we fail!

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Ok, that's a long enough wait.

Roll 1d8 = 6 +2 Fuel! Net gain of +1.

The "Relentless Pursuit" text from "Thirty Three" is not in effect as a Civilian ship was destroyed before the fleet jumped.

By CO, Baltar uses his remaining action to draw a Quorum card.

Once more, President Gaius Baltar is stuck doing menial work he was not elected to do - this time programming Galactica's Jump Computer to coordinates decided upon by Admiral Kara Thrace. The fleet jumps to escape the Cylon fleet which had closed in on all sides. Sadly, however, several small merchant carriers are unable to sync up their Jump Computers in time and are stranded...easy prey for the Cylons. Their loss is deemed a necessity however - as the entire fleet may have been lost had they waited much longer to jump to FTL speeds.

The battered and bruised collection of ships find itself at a planet rich in refined Tylium. Starbuck immediately orders squads of Raptors to shuttle miners down to the planet's surface to retrieve the precious element for military use. The mission goes off without a hitch, and Galactica's fuel reserves are restocked.

With the Cylons temporarily eluded, the denizens of the fleet are given a period of rest and respite to recover from their ordeal. The death toll is counted, and the lost are mourned. During this time, a vocal minority appear to have formed a religious sect, hailing none other than Tom Zarek as a reincarnated prophet from an obscure Kobol legend. With Zarek accept this prophecy or dismiss it? And does the legend fortel fortune or misery?

Crisis!

Fulfiller of Prophecy - 6 POL LEA:

Current Player Chooses:

Pass: The Current Player draws 1 Politics Skill Card;
Fail: -1 Population.

OR

Current Player discards 1 Skill Card. After the Activate Cylon Ships step, return to the Resolve Crisis step (Draw a new Crisis Card and resolve it).

Activate Basestars (no Jump).

Zarek (Fat Samurai), will you pay heed to the prophecy?

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
Since we have no basestars, would it be best to take the "or" and try for a jump prep?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

OhHiMaahk posted:

Since we have no basestars, would it be best to take the "or" and try for a jump prep?

Yeah, I think so.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

OhHiMaahk posted:

More of a rules question, I suppose, but what do you mean with "Since we have no basestar"? Does one pop up if we take the crisis? I'd think that the best time to take Crises that activate poo poo is when there are no ships to be activated.

If I'm reading this correctily, we could spend up to 7 cards in this crisis and end up in pretty much the same place (the next Crisis card). It's 1 from my discard, 1 from the card I don't get and 5 from Sombrerero's draw. That's assuming we pass.

Someone tell me if I'm being dumb.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
The choice we have is to either do the skill check or mulligan this crisis at the cost of a skill card.

The normal downside of the mulligan choice is that the Activate Basestars effect still happens before the next crisis card is drawn. However, there are currently no basestars on the board so the basestar activation has no effect.

I am essentially arguing that discarding 1 skill card is worth dodging this skill check and trying for a new crisis card with a jump prep icon.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

As we are not playing with the Exodus expansion, "Activate Cylon Ships" has no effect when there are no ships of that type on the board.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

OhHiMaahk posted:

I am essentially arguing that discarding 1 skill card is worth dodging this skill check and trying for a new crisis card with a jump prep icon.

Ok, I see your point. The way I see it:

a) We mulligan and end up with the next crisis (-1 card)
b) We try the test and end up with the next crisis anyway. So this part is the same.

b.1) We pass: +1 card from the test + 5 from Sombrerero's draw -whatever number we use (6-X)
b.2) We don't pass: +5 from Sombrerero's draw - whatever number we use -1 Pop and an egg on my face

I think we should take it. It's pretty low risk and we get time and end up with more resources. We coul Emergency it if needed for a Difficulty of 4. :shrug:

Sombrerero, Klades, how complicated would be to pass this one? You're the ones with plenty of cards or that are going to draw next turn. I could help quite a lot in any case.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Brony Hunter posted:

As we are not playing with the Exodus expansion, "Activate Cylon Ships" has no effect when there are no ships of that type on the board.

Thanks.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Plus taking the test gives us an extra turn to do stuff around the ship before the next crisis (get Adama out, repair the Hangar...)

Mafia edit rules :argh:

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I think we should mulligan it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Klades posted:

I think we should mulligan it.

Agreed.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I'm on board with that.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

You're all cylons :colbert:

Discard POL 1 - Consolidate Power

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Tom Zarek is a rational man and doesn't pay heed to old myths and legends. He ignores the cult for now and gets back to work.

Over a week later, Zarek receives reports of a mysterious figure moving around the fleet. No one recognises the person, and those questioned mention feeling a sense of deja vu. Should Zarek inform others of his suspicions, or investigate the matter himself?

Crisis!

Keep Tabs on Visitor - 12 POL LEA TAC:

Current Player Chooses:
Pass: No Effect;
Fail: Roll a die. If 4 or lower, -2 Population.

OR

The Current Player discards 4 random Skill Cards.

Activate Raiders, Prepare for Jump

Zarek (Fat Samurai), it's your choice again.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I can help a little if we're going for the skill check.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I can't do much from the brig, but I can take a chunk out of it if we're going for it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Just seems easier to take the hit, really.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

If someone has a strat plan to throw at it then that would definitely be the way to go.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Just seems easier to take the hit, really.

I agree with this. 4 cards for a 12 test seems ok.

##Discard

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Zarek discards POL5 - Investigative Committee, LEA 1 - Executive Order, TAC 1 - Launch Scout, and LEA 3 - Declare Emergency.

Activate Raiders: No Effect

Jump Prep +1

Zarek personally investigates the incident, and although it takes him considerable time, the fleet feels safer as a result. Shortly after, Galactica's crew begin the long process of calculating and plotting their next FTL Jump.

Turn 3.5: Chief (Somberbreo) is the Current Player.

Chief (Somberbreo) draws 1 POL, 2 LEA and 2 ENG. The POL deck is reshuffled.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
So it's probably time to get the old man out, yeah?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well I think it is.

##move to Hangar Deck
##play ENG 1 - Repair
Maintenance Engineer
##play LEA 1 - Executive Order on Klades

I can blow my blues to burn through this if we want!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Getting blues in there seems a good idea if you're going to discard anyway. I'd rather keep my 2 cards, there are more useful played as events than in a test.

I can lower the difficulty via Friends in Low places if we try it.

• Locked thread