Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

whowhatwhere posted:

The "play with her arse" scene rang and wants to know why you're ignoring its calls. Also the entire character of Ros, the pre-show for Theon's castration, and I'm certain there are more I'm forgetting.
You mean the scene where Littlefinger laid out all of his plans and supervillain motivations in plain sight yet nobody remembered anything other than arse play? That scene owned so hard, it is going to be in textbooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

pigdog posted:

You mean the scene where Littlefinger laid out all of his plans and supervillain motivations in plain sight yet nobody remembered anything other than arse play? That scene owned so hard, it is going to be in textbooks.

I dislike the scene because I'd prefer Littlefinger's ultimate motivations and goals being something teased out over the course of the series instead of read off of his show bible entry (hell, book readers still don't know what exactly his end goal is while show fans had that answered in episode...what, four?) and because it was part of the transformation of his character into an incompetent pantomime villain kept around because everyone else (not named Varys) is an even greater idiot.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
You sound pretty mad.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012

whowhatwhere posted:

I dislike the scene because I'd prefer Littlefinger's ultimate motivations and goals being something teased out over the course of the series instead of read off of his show bible entry (hell, book readers still don't know what exactly his end goal is while show fans had that answered in episode...what, four?) and because it was part of the transformation of his character into an incompetent pantomime villain kept around because everyone else (not named Varys) is an even greater idiot.

Littlefinger explaining his entire backstory and motivation to the audience and no one noticing because they were distracted by tits is the best possible visual metaphor for his character, and is way more subtle than anything the show has done with him since.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
I thought the fight with Karl was pretty great and worth the buildup. I want that sound effect of him dicing his knives together on my phone.

Max posted:

Yara's Magical Boat adventure to save Theon.

The entire indoor section of this scene is the low point of the series for me. Yara's acting, the editing, the cramped set, tight shots, oh no dogs....ugh. And the Ironborn have been shown as nothing but pussies since.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
Besides, he was a fookin legend.

Pen Expers
May 3, 2006

Pillbug

Kasonic posted:

I thought the fight with Karl was pretty great and worth the buildup. I want that sound effect of him dicing his knives together on my phone.

The entire indoor section of this scene is the low point of the series for me. Yara's acting, the editing, the cramped set, tight shots, oh no dogs....ugh. And the Ironborn have been shown as nothing but pussies since.

I dunno, the mormont-skull chalice was pretty over the top dumb.

Yara's hasty escape from Ramsey's dogs needed the benny hill music playing over it.

Pen Expers fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 31, 2015

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Kasonic posted:

And the Ironborn have been shown as nothing but pussies since.

That's because they are, in fact, a bunch of pussies. :ssh:

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

Ballz posted:

That's because they are, in fact, a bunch of pussies. :ssh:

I'm pretty sure that's the point anytime Ironborn are shown. They talk a lot but don't really do anything other than pillage and run.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Ramsay charging at the Ironborn shirtless made that scene worth it imo

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Makes the season 2 Theon stuff even better in retrospect though. I mean, it was pretty apparent that he was confusing Stark and Greyjoy values but he straight up decided to fight to the death instead of escaping because he didn't want to be "the Greyjoy who ran away" and lol.

Man, I hope Alfie Allen actually gets to do some acting this season.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Potooweet posted:

way more subtle than anything the show has done with him since.

On that we agree.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Makes the season 2 Theon stuff even better in retrospect though. I mean, it was pretty apparent that he was confusing Stark and Greyjoy values but he straight up decided to fight to the death instead of escaping because he didn't want to be "the Greyjoy who ran away" and lol.

Man, I hope Alfie Allen actually gets to do some acting this season.

He's really one of the high points of the series. Someone who knows the material and it shows.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
Teens react to game of thrones.
https://youtu.be/U7f1p9XgHXQ

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

He's really one of the high points of the series. Someone who knows the material and it shows.

Didn't Alfie Allen famously say he has not read the books and doesn't plan to. He doesn't want to know in advance where his character is going.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Hello thread I've been ignoring all year.

Have a thing that I've watched twice now, but I'm still not sure that it can exist:

Sesame Street: Game of Chairs (Game of Thrones Parody)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhWUFXvaZjo

Bonus content:

The best evidence yet that GRRM really will never finish the books. Maybe it's for the best?
http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2015/04/george-r-r-martin-is-developing-a-new-hbo-series-about-a-sci-fi-writer/

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Apr 7, 2015

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
it's pretty great how many jokes in there kids won't get at all because you have to watch Game of Thrones.

They did a True Blood parody too

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Mr Beens posted:

Didn't Alfie Allen famously say he has not read the books and doesn't plan to. He doesn't want to know in advance where his character is going.

No, I've literally never heard anyone say this before now.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Not only has Alfie read all the books, but he gets along with GRRM so well that the perpetual procrastinator actually shared future plot secrets with him.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

*ring ring* *ring ring*

Oh hai George, what's up?

Hey Alfie, I'm gonna cut off your dick!

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

Mr Beens posted:

I believe Peter Dinklage had said that, possibly between season 1 and 2 but who knows if that's still the case.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Dinklage is not a book reader. In the commentary for the S4 finale he said shooting his dad on the toilet was the extent of his future knowledge and he knew jack about what he'd do in Season 5.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Dinklage is not a book reader. In the commentary for the S4 finale he said shooting his dad on the toilet was the extent of his future knowledge and he knew jack about what he'd do in Season 5.

Reading the books wouldn't have helped him in that sense anyway since nothing happens in the books (luckily the show is changing his plot line).

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Nevermind

Lycus fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 7, 2015

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

There was definitely a point where he hadn't - D&D repeatedly trolled him by giving him fake scripts in which he died pathetically.

Finn Anthony(Loras) has read the books, has theories about some of the characters, and is basically your typical bad-thread type guy, only dashing.

And Charles Dance got Wildcarded by a random bloke on the street:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-svwAW-Gyg

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Finn Anthony(Loras) has read the books, has theories about some of the characters, and is basically your typical bad-thread type guy, only dashing.

So dashing :swoon:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Just a heads up, getting ready to move is eating up a lot more (all) of my free time, so unless you want a one-sentence OP from me, someone else gonna have to make the new thread later this week.

Again, I'm thinking it'd probably be better to have a single season thread rather than a new one every week, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Not only has Alfie read all the books, but he gets along with GRRM so well that the perpetual procrastinator actually shared future plot secrets with him.

Not only is the GoT going to end on a bright note, and Theon's dick will rise again, stronger and harder.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

counterfeitsaint posted:

Hello thread I've been ignoring all year.

Have a thing that I've watched twice now, but I'm still not sure that it can exist:

If there's any justice in the world we'll get a live action version of this with the cast, too bad half of them aren't part of the show anymore :(

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

C-Euro posted:

If there's any justice in the world we'll get a live action version of this with the cast, too bad half of them aren't part of the show anymore :(

Sean Bean coming back specifically for this would be the most amazing thing.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

Hmm I must be misremembering. I swear at one point in one of the threads on here we were talking about it before he became Reek, imagining Alfies reactions to getting each script and how other cast memebers who knew about all the future stuff would be winding him up.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

counterfeitsaint posted:

What a strange and wonderful world we live in.

I've been into nerd-genre literature for thirty years or so now; if someone had told me about what kind of mainstream exposure this kind of stuff would be getting I'd have rolled to disbelieve.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Well I saw the first episode at an early theatre premiere. Anyone else? I know it played at both UCLA and USC.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I have a family member who attended a preview in San Francisco last week or so, said it was good but not a lot happens and that it felt like an hour long recap session.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
As excited as I was to be watching it it wasn't that exciting of an episode. Pretty much all characters at the end of Season 4 were left with a lot of reasons to pout, and they did, pretty much the whole episode. Finally one of them basically goes "gently caress this episode" and abruptly ends it.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Mr Beens posted:

Hmm I must be misremembering. I swear at one point in one of the threads on here we were talking about it before he became Reek, imagining Alfies reactions to getting each script and how other cast memebers who knew about all the future stuff would be winding him up.

It's mentioned in an interview with Westeros.org that D&D sent him a fake script where S2 ended with Bran killing Theon. He thought it was totally serious and praised them for the bold new direction they were taking the story in. But it is mentioned that he had read the books before the series started (save for Dance With Dragons as that hadn't come out yet).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Windfall posted:

Well I saw the first episode at an early theatre premiere. Anyone else? I know it played at both UCLA and USC.
Me! There was one last night at Tulane here in New Orleans that I went to.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

I can't wait for Khalesi to use the dragons to heat water, so that she can build her steam punk empire and become a captain of industry.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was watching What the Flick! channel's season 5 preview, they keep calling the red watch "Vagina Monster".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

So, the first episode airs tomorrow, if I understand correctly?

We're no longer doing the whole "new thread for each episode" thing, or am I just bad at searching for those?

• Locked thread