Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

OwlFancier posted:

As I recall, sometimes it's not sexual attraction to children specifically but sexual attraction to the power dynamics involved, or something.

Yes, rape, regardless of the type of victim is largely about asserting power over said victim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Grundulum posted:

I don't think it's that large a fraction of the general population, but rather a surprisingly large fraction of the ruling class of England. I wonder how much of it is attributable to the fact that most of the people in question (a) are men, and (b) come from the English upper class. British aristocracy (at least historically) sent their children to boarding schools, at least some of which were all-male. Spending one's prepubescent and pubescent years in the almost exclusive company of boys seems like it could have unintended consequences.

I'm pretty much talking out of my rear end here, though, so anyone with firmer knowledge should feel free to correct me.

Its not just the English elite raping kids. Its a problem everywhere as demonstrated by Australia currently doing a massive investigation, Denmark having done one in the past and others mentioned upthread.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Yes, rape, regardless of the type of victim is largely about asserting power over said victim.

That's said a lot, but there's scant evidence to back it up, especially in cases of child rape.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Byolante posted:

Its not just the English elite raping kids. Its a problem everywhere as demonstrated by Australia currently doing a massive investigation, Denmark having done one in the past and others mentioned upthread.

Oh. I either didn't notice those or forgot about them. :(

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
in general an unsettlingly large number of adults like loving kids

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

blowfish posted:

in general an unsettlingly large number of adults like loving kids

Don't worry there's a simple solution.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Children of Men?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

PerpetualSelf posted:

Is it the kind of solution after which you don't need another?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
there is no problem which can't be solved with sufficient firepower

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

blowfish posted:

there is no problem which can't be solved with sufficient firepower

my preference would them being publicly kicked in the groin, A LOT, very publicly.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

AtomikKrab posted:

my preference would them being publicly kicked in the groin, A LOT, very publicly.

As long as they're alive that's good enough. If they be gotten away with dying first I'd prefer seeing their remains disinterred and thrown into the Thames, their grave markers and slabs ground into dust and mixed into porcelain to make toilets for council housing.

Quift
May 11, 2012
That sort of systematic abuse spoken of here should be punished by getting stripped naked, package cut of and left in the forest to die alone and afraid.

This punishment should be only for people who have abused their power and position in society.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

As long as they're alive that's good enough. If they be gotten away with dying first I'd prefer seeing their remains disinterred and thrown into the Thames, their grave markers and slabs ground into dust and mixed into porcelain to make toilets for council housing.

Why should people in council housing suffer?

You'll be suggesting making soap next.

With our oh-so-good justice system, I'd be happy to see these people locked away where they can't do any more damage, forever.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Let's keep posting revenge fantasies they're really good to read.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I propose destruction of legacy by the creation of a body of folklore which will ensure that knowledge of the Eton/Westminster crowd's predilections will live on through proverbs and myths, being passed from generation to generation in a manner which will survive even societal or civilization collapse.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I think that the children who were molested are forever tainted and should be incinerated too, for their own sake of course.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Accretionist posted:

I propose destruction of legacy by the creation of a body of folklore which will ensure that knowledge of the Eton/Westminster crowd's predilections will live on through proverbs and myths, being passed from generation to generation in a manner which will survive even societal or civilization collapse.

Haven't we already done that for the other times we overthrew the corrupt rulers? People stop giving a poo poo.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Hey I guess Americans are paying attention because the last page is all about chopping dicks off.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

SedanChair posted:

Hey I guess Americans are paying attention because the last page is all about chopping dicks off.

Did you...Did you just make a John Wayne Bobbit reference?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I thought it was a circumcision joke?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

PerpetualSelf posted:

Them waiting five to ten years is a simple solution. Doesn't mean they'll do it though.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Well, isn't this incredibly convenient.

quote:

Andy Coulson trial delayed until after general election

A criminal trial for David Cameron's former spin doctor will be postponed until after the general election, a judge has decided.

Andy Coulson, the former editor of News of the World who became David Cameron's director of communications, was due to face a jury during the last weeks after the election campaign.

However a judge's ruling yesterday means he will not now appear in court until two days after the polls close.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
A posh guy I know got a call from the Police today, his old "house master" from his fancy private school had set up hidden cameras all around the house and has been trading photos and videos of all the boys on the internet. It's freaked him out. He, and every other male student, are apparently going to be suing the school.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I dont think you need to put scare quotes around house master, also, you know, name names. Dish the goss, nothing bad will happen.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Mr. Squishy posted:

I dont think you need to put scare quotes around house master, also, you know, name names. Dish the goss, nothing bad will happen.

I want to respect his privacy some what, despite him putting it on facebook for all the world to see. It was in the papers, fancy private school that did boarding.

It wasn't scare quotes, I have trouble picturing what a private school is like and what a house master actually is.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Yeah I was gonna say, "house master" should be in quotes forever

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

willie_dee posted:

I want to respect his privacy some what, despite him putting it on facebook for all the world to see. It was in the papers, fancy private school that did boarding.

It wasn't scare quotes, I have trouble picturing what a private school is like and what a house master actually is.

We sort of had them at my comprehensive, it was basically just some stupid thing where you get points for good behavior and the arbitrary quartile of the year that gets the most at the end of the year gets a Good Job from the teachers and laughed at by the other students. Each house had a teacher in charge of it which meant basically nothing except they kept their bit of the board updated.

Christ only knows what the job entails in a boarding school though.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

willie_dee posted:

I want to respect his privacy some what, despite him putting it on facebook for all the world to see.

You want to respect a child abuser's privacy even though he was putting up little boy photos on his facebook? You monster!

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Man what's wrong with England why are all brits pedophiles. I'm never gonna trust a british person again. Definetly not visting there with my childrens.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

PerpetualSelf posted:

Man what's wrong with England why are all brits pedophiles. I'm never gonna trust a british person again. Definetly not visting there with my childrens.
Just don't leave them with anyone who seems rich and white.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure your country's wealthy, influential paedophiles are just better concealed. :unsmigghh:

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Darth Walrus posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure your country's wealthy, influential paedophiles are just better concealed. :unsmigghh:

Or non-existant.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

baka kaba posted:

Yeah I was gonna say, "house master" should be in quotes forever

Like a dungeon master, but with a better view.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

PerpetualSelf posted:

Or non-existant.

This seems likely.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

PerpetualSelf posted:

Or non-existant.

Lol if you truly believe this.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Murderion posted:

Like a dungeon master, but with a better view.

Who rules E-town? House Master Blaster rules E-town!

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

We sort of had them at my comprehensive, it was basically just some stupid thing where you get points for good behavior and the arbitrary quartile of the year that gets the most at the end of the year gets a Good Job from the teachers and laughed at by the other students. Each house had a teacher in charge of it which meant basically nothing except they kept their bit of the board updated.

Christ only knows what the job entails in a boarding school though.

So Harry Potter lied to us and Gryffindor were actually the loser teacher's pets :(?
At this point thought I think you'd probably be best off just French Revolutioning as a nation and hoping the all rich paedophiles get their heads chopped of at least.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Political Whores posted:

So Harry Potter lied to us and Gryffindor were actually the loser teacher's pets :(?
At this point thought I think you'd probably be best off just French Revolutioning as a nation and hoping the all rich paedophiles get their heads chopped of at least.

Technically we already did that, and it's why we have a Parliament.

But then we decided that being a republic was poo poo so we sort of worked out a time share with the monarchy, they don't do any ruling and we don't chop their heads off.

Not sure how you would do the rallying cry for the revolution when you're already a functional republic, given that constitutional monarchy means that people dislike both the monarchy and the elected officials as much as each other.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

OwlFancier posted:

Technically we already did that, and it's why we have a Parliament.

But then we decided that being a republic was poo poo so we sort of worked out a time share with the monarchy, they don't do any ruling and we don't chop their heads off.

Not sure how you would do the rallying cry for the revolution when you're already a functional republic, given that constitutional monarchy means that people dislike both the monarchy and the elected officials as much as each other.

By instituting an elected monarchy with strict term lengths and limits, that's how.

Any monarch which isn't near-death by 50 from the lifelong stress of their governing career, isn't a governing-minded monarch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The monarch couldn't do much if they were governing minded, they have no official power as far as I know other than opening parliament and I think signing each government into office. Oh and appointing lords. I mean technically they have all the power because the executive power of the government is granted by the monarch, but they aren't supposed to do anything with it.

The UK is technically a constitutional monarchy, operates like a republic, and practically has an upper house composed of a mixture of retired MPs who were granted seats for their service, people who paid a lot of money to the prime minister to be in the upper house, people whose families have always been part of the upper house, people who are bishops of several major Anglican churches, and people that the prime minister just likes and wants to put into the house.

Technically though none of this is really written down, it just happens. We don't really have a binding constitution over here.

I'm not sure what the proper word for that system is, though clusterfuck is certainly descriptive.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 15, 2015

• Locked thread