Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Hooray blue cars!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Insanely Sikh posted:

Since we're all posting blue cars

Don't laugh at the height please!! Many thanks.

Man, thats clean as hell, nice job!

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Blue cars you say?! Still wet from its first wash.

doogle
May 24, 2003

Blue car is blue.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Hay guyz! Check out my awesomer "blue" car!
:colbert:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
paid a dude to surface and clean the wheels on the mr2

7.30am 150 kms out of town just after christmas/new year (radiator died)

brother lent me this...

because he bought this blue thing to park infront of his work truck

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
blue car

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Black car!

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Well boys, since growing up watching mad max and having an uncle that owns a salvage yard and is into old cars I've always wanted an old beater muscle car.

I'm looking at this 4 speed 62 Cutlass tomorrow. It's significantly cheaper than the price in the window, and it runs, drives and stops so the owner says. Claims there isn't any rust, but the lights aren't wired and the interior is pretty bare. Plans for it will be to stop any rust I find and keep its sort of beater look. I would like to make the interior relatively nice though.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
gently caress yes! poo poo, it's even a 4-speed car! What are your plans for the drivetrain? Keep it original/period, or are you going to do it up?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I'm not sure. I don't even know what all it has. I'm going to look at it later today and am 99% sure I'm going to buy it though.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
Bleu

spleen merchant fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Apr 7, 2015

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
bleu aussi

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Ramsus posted:

Well boys, since growing up watching mad max and having an uncle that owns a salvage yard and is into old cars I've always wanted an old beater muscle car.

I'm looking at this 4 speed 62 Cutlass tomorrow. It's significantly cheaper than the price in the window, and it runs, drives and stops so the owner says. Claims there isn't any rust, but the lights aren't wired and the interior is pretty bare. Plans for it will be to stop any rust I find and keep its sort of beater look. I would like to make the interior relatively nice though.

That is rad as gently caress and you have to get it, have to.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Insanely Sikh posted:

Since we're all posting blue cars

Don't laugh at the height please!! Many thanks.

The only thing people are laughing about are the angry eyebrows. Looks great otherwise!

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Ramsus posted:

Well boys, since growing up watching mad max...

Badass. You should buy that car.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ramsus posted:

Get this car.

Pi Mu Rho
Apr 25, 2007

College Slice
More blue representing:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Kind of weird to have friends send you random pictures of yourself they found on Instagram.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Ramsus posted:

I went out and looked at it today. I told the guy I'd think about it. The body has been put on a pontiac frame, and it has a pontiac 301. The fenders don't line up with the hood correctly, so the hood doesn't quite shut on the back side of it. There is a 1 1/2 inch gap between the fenders and doors that I'm not sure could be adjusted to fit correctly. There is a hole in the firewall. The thing is a mess.

On the other hand it looks awesome if you stand back about 20 ft and I really want it. The lowest I got him was $1,250 and that includes delivering it to my house. He claims the 4 speed is worth more than that.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Ramsus posted:

I went out and looked at it today. I told the guy I'd think about it.

It will be gone by the time you decide to buy it. (hint for $1250 delivered you should have bought it, dummy)

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Probably not, he grossly misspelled the name of the car on craigslist for one, and it's also a cobbled together mess from the previous owner that was attempting to make a drag car.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea the 301 while reliable is a giant turd too. Sounds like a mess and I would pass. This coming from a guy that drives old poo poo pretty regularly.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Ramsus posted:

Probably not, he grossly misspelled the name of the car on craigslist for one, and it's also a cobbled together mess from the previous owner that was attempting to make a drag car.

Too bad, really nice lines on that car. If it was more like $800.....

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Still tempting though. I'm thinking about it while changing the oil on my 98 TJ. Also need to rebuild that kx250 engine, change the float valve in the rm125, adjust my mountain bike derailleur, and adjust the valves on the trx450r on the other side of the jeep. My 98 Silverado needs a new pitman arm as well.

e.

Gorson posted:

Too bad, really nice lines on that car. If it was more like $800.....

Yeah, those rear wheel wells are custom and allow for bigger tires. I think it looks really cool, but at my current place the best case scenario for a car that bad off would be sitting in the garage for two years until I have a place which a large shop to disassemble drat near the whole thing.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Comrade Flynn posted:

Kind of weird to have friends send you random pictures of yourself they found on Instagram.

You aren't kidding.

Hopefully I'll have a blue car to post here in a week or so.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

BlackMK4 posted:

Fuuuuuck that's a clean E30. :)

Cheers mate, I saw your your white 318is coincidentally; looks so sexy on the larger BBS's, especially without the centres. Any recent pics?

Cheers lads

172 right?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Fart Pipe posted:

Yea the 301 while reliable is a giant turd too. Sounds like a mess and I would pass. This coming from a guy that drives old poo poo pretty regularly.

Doesn't the 301 have the same bellhousing pattern as a 455? That would mean your 4-speed would plug into one from a 70s wagon or something. Plus, since presumably the chassis is newer too, there are probably more handling mods available. One nice thing about the car being all hacked up is that you don't have to feel bad if you cut it up some more to make it awesome. For $1k, if it runs and drives (however lovely) I'd consider it a good deal. I bought my Chevelle for $2k and it had no drivetrain at all.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Insanely Sikh posted:

Cheers mate, I saw your your white 318is coincidentally; looks so sexy on the larger BBS's, especially without the centres. Any recent pics?
Sold it :( They were 16x8 +23 Style 5 from an E34 with 18mm 42Draft 4->5 lug adapters.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Ah pity. I thought as much about the rims, looked lovely.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Raluek posted:

Doesn't the 301 have the same bellhousing pattern as a 455? That would mean your 4-speed would plug into one from a 70s wagon or something. Plus, since presumably the chassis is newer too, there are probably more handling mods available. One nice thing about the car being all hacked up is that you don't have to feel bad if you cut it up some more to make it awesome. For $1k, if it runs and drives (however lovely) I'd consider it a good deal. I bought my Chevelle for $2k and it had no drivetrain at all.

Yea the 301 does have the same bolt pattern as the big blocks and it came out in I think 77 so it should be on a G body frame.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Gonna jump on the blue bandwagon with a repost of my car.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

En Garde!

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Jumping on the blue cruise

My blue and partially blue wagons

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004

Solar Coaster posted:

Jumping on the blue cruise

My blue and partially blue wagons

What's sitting in the back there on the right?

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

POKEMAN SAM posted:

Doesn't matter, it's not blue

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

POKEMAN SAM posted:

Looks like an alfa alfetta/gtv.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Yea

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Enough of this blue car nonsense

My silver Jeep with friends lime green Jeep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson