Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

CaptainScraps posted:

I just want him to go home. I'm so sick of his "Ohhh poor me I'm a glamorous prude deer" shtick.

you're dead to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Moist von Lipwig posted:

you're dead to me

What do you and cafeteria food have in common

No taste

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 7, 2015

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Why are there so many terrible acting challenges this season.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That was a pretty good, to-form episode. Good runway, good lipsync, Ariana Grande for some reason.

App preview for next week is Snatch Game!

Thrill at:
Max as Sharon Needles, the G rated version.
Kennedy as Little Richard/Maybe "ain't nobody got time for that" woman
Violet Chachki as Donatella Versace
Miss Fame as Donatella Versace

and some other bitches

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
You see, this is what happens when Kandy doesn't have to lipsync against someone with osteoporosis.

Great episode.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
omg, Katya just killed me with her runway look. She's my favorite queen this year and sharks are basically my favorite ever so I am just dead. Max, Fame, Pearl, and Violet were BEAUTIFUL but Katya got me right in the heart. So happy she won the show!!!! Love that bitch.

Fame hosed up the "how's your head" joke AGAIN. wtf.

So freaking glad to see that Ho go.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

So freaking glad to see that Ho go.

I'm still sad to see that Ho got to stay and Kasha Davis went home.

He was such a good Dad.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
I like Max, but yeah he definitely needs to quit it with the "sex? how icky! never bring that up" routine. This is Drag Race, it's basically one giant sex joke. You signed up for it.

Best team or no best team, Kennedy should have been in that bottom two for how terrible she was performance and outfit-wise. At least Jaidynn had a concept.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Do you think Max actually brought a non-grey wig? Is Michelle going to just get madder and madder every week?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Eight Dollars posted:

Do you think Max actually brought a non-grey wig? Is Michelle going to just get madder and madder every week?

In the app preview it looks like Max has actually died his real hair grey as well, so...

Also just watched Untucked and Ariana Grande goes into the workroom to say goodbye to Kandy and tells her how much she enjoyed her performance. What a sweetheart.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Eight Dollars posted:

I also just watched Untucked and they bitch about Max having brought a box of wigs but only use the grey ones. And apparently Max is a huge bitch off camera, according to Ginger and Kennedy, huge bitches on camera.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I'm starting to think this season started two months late because they needed the extra time for editing. All of the acting challenges feel disjointed, as if they're having to cut out way more than on previous seasons, and it's still a poo poo show. This season feels pretty lackluster compared to previous seasons.

That said, so glad Kandy and her five o'clock shadow are gone.

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

where are you finding the latest Untucked at?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I can't actually watch the show until tomorrow, but I just walked in to make sure that, yes, Kandy Ho is gone.

I was just assuming that poo poo, but I'm glad to have confirmation.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

caligulamprey posted:

I can't actually watch the show until tomorrow, but I just walked in to make sure that, yes, Kandy Ho is gone.

I was just assuming that poo poo, but I'm glad to have confirmation.

I actually thought Kandy nailed the lipsync, but it was still her time to go. Miss Ru is strict about her Three Strikes Rule unless you're the bee's knees for drama or talent, and Kandy was just...not. Glad that JDF gets to live another day, though, her performance and runway were both fabulous. What I would have given to send Kennedy packing instead... :argh:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Coyote Ugly posted:

where are you finding the latest Untucked at?

The reddit sub usually has a livestream, because it airs in Canada for some reason

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Yesss next week's preview :neckbeard: I'm glad everyone came prepared this timahahahaha

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Aphra Bane posted:

Yesss next week's preview :neckbeard: I'm glad everyone came prepared this timahahahaha

This is going to end in the best possible way: drag queen chaos :getin:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
This was a good episode. Dressing up the current pit crew member as the former mustachioed pit crew member in one of the videos was hilarious. So was Ru's joke going over Fame's head again.

Untucked was also immensely entertaining between the opening with Ginger, Katya, and Kennedy as well as the video with Fame's mom, who also won't stop talking for 3 seconds.

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Apr 7, 2015

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Max at the start all "they're so vulgar" when they're talking about sex -- you are in a drag competition, get over yourself.

Katya was just fabulous this week. Even if it had just been the shark alone, she would have been fabulous. Fame continues to grow on me despite my initial reservations. I feel like she's trying hard and that's more than I can say for some people.

Pearl... floated under the radar this week for me? Which is better than the last few weeks where I just wanted to shake the poo poo out of her till she showed some life and expression. She kind of typifies the "looks amazing, sorta meh personality-wise" thing they seem to have this year.

Hearing the stories of queens who are really young whose families are lovely is always kind of depressing to me. I keep wanting to believe that we've moved past the whole "denying my kid is gay" thing, but, no. I wanted to give Jaidynn a hug after that workroom chat.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
In the preview, it looked like Pearl might be doing Trixie.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Ironic Twist posted:

You see, this is what happens when Kandy doesn't have to lipsync against someone with osteoporosis.

Great episode.

This made me cackle.

It's just really hard to follow up the last few seasons because they've all had really great queens. I mean, following up Bianca or Rolaskatox? Those are pretty big stilettos to fill. I was really hoping they'd do an Allstars season this time around, but I guess that'll happen later.

Katya's look was hilarious, and Violet with her tiny waist was ridiculous!

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Without conflating their standings in the drag world too much, I don't quite understand Michelle bitching about Max's grey hair when Ru is always wearing a big blonde wig. While it is a competition and they are looking for diversity, it just seems like part of Max's character. Also, didn't Max wear an appropriate blonde and brown wig for the parody song and Merle challenge last night? It's not like she's letting her style get in the way of the challenges.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I don't know if Michelle has bought into her own character/persona or if it's all bullshit for the camera, but some of her judging has made me downright uncomfortable this season. Was really glad to have Ross push back last night about Max!

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
Kennedy's crystallized bloody flaming chicken horse (?????) runway look might be the worst outfit to ever walk the RPDR runway. I'm so glad next week is Snatch Game so she can't coast along by the strength of her teammates anymore.

I'm very curious about Ginger and Kennedy calling out Max for being a completely different person when the cameras are off.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Speed Crazy posted:

Kennedy's crystallized bloody flaming chicken horse (?????) runway look might be the worst outfit to ever walk the RPDR runway. I'm so glad next week is Snatch Game so she can't coast along by the strength of her teammates anymore.
Yeah I was kind of sad they won because I really wanted to see the judges tear into... whatever the hell that was supposed to be.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Speed Crazy posted:

Kennedy's crystallized bloody flaming chicken horse (?????) runway look might be the worst outfit to ever walk the RPDR runway.

Seriously. I'm watching Untucked right now, and she's talking about how happy she is because they all did such a great job.

She is so lucky that her teammates won that challenge for her, because she would've gone home otherwise.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Nihonniboku posted:

Seriously. I'm watching Untucked right now, and she's talking about how happy she is because they all did such a great job.

She is so lucky that her teammates won that challenge for her, because she would've gone home otherwise.

She probably wouldn't have gone home. I'd imagine that if Kennedy were in the bottom 2 she would have displaced Jaidynn and Kandy would still be in the bottom 3 times death knell. Not to mention that Kennedy's outfit looked a lot more mobile than the one in her first lip sync and according to videos at least, Kennedy is a superb lip syncer.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

dude789 posted:

She probably wouldn't have gone home. I'd imagine that if Kennedy were in the bottom 2 she would have displaced Jaidynn and Kandy would still be in the bottom 3 times death knell. Not to mention that Kennedy's outfit looked a lot more mobile than the one in her first lip sync and according to videos at least, Kennedy is a superb lip syncer.

You're probably right. Hopefully this is the last of the group challenges so that we can stop some of these queens riding the coattails of others.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Nihonniboku posted:

You're probably right. Hopefully this is the last of the group challenges so that we can stop some of these queens riding the coattails of others.

That and it seems like the group as a whole is judged only when it is convenient.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Speed Crazy posted:

I'm very curious about Ginger and Kennedy calling out Max for being a completely different person when the cameras are off.

I believe it when I see it. Ginger and Kennedy have been über-bitchy lately, and they've not always been on point with their shade either. None of the other queens have complained so far either.
Ginger was just excruciating on Untucked. Not just in the first half, but later on as well, when she was trying to instigate a fight between Jaidynn and Max/Pearl. Fortunately, everyone involved saw right through it.

DominoDancing fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 7, 2015

Legislacerator
Dec 26, 2006

1 W1LL H4V3 ORD3R 1N TH1S RUMPUSBLOCK!
Kennedy, honey. You straight up metamorphosed into a fuckin' bedazzled chicken wing, girl. I don't wanna hear poo poo about anybody else's look from you.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Legislacerator posted:

Kennedy, honey. You straight up metamorphosed into a fuckin' bedazzled chicken wing, girl. I don't wanna hear poo poo about anybody else's look from you.

ahem she was crystalized into a glamazon

would've much rather had her go than Kandy. Kandy's clueless and kind of adorable. Kennedy was just being a giant jerk and had the same issue as Coco- ALWAYS WEARING BLUE CONTACTS IN CONFESSIONALS. NO THANK YOU. that poo poo is too creepy for words.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Speed Crazy posted:

At her watching party last week Violet did let out that Max is a bit shady off-camera, but still won't break her character so all her whispered gossipings sound like either a really old woman or an 8-year old calling something a doofus.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Okay, so in the podcast, RuPaul denounces the whole "bitch on the show/off the show" bullshit. It's been complained about by other queens in practically every season. There is no such thing. They tape, they edit, if you're generally a bitch, they only have so much they can do. They work with what they have to make you as interesting and vote-able to the viewers later on. Ginger and Kennedy are just bitter assholes.

As for the lipsync, I was SO happy to finally see what I consider the bottom of the barrel queens finally be in the bottom two, but it burned me up to see the one who actually seemed better at the song leave. Jaiddyn looked like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man terrorizing a city in barbed wire and lame moves. Kandy actually danced to the beat. As for the three strikes rule, that can't apply after Coco "Doritos" Montrese broke that.

I'm so happy Violet was safe. Because if she had to lipsync, in that corset, I think she would have ACTUALLY died.

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
Yeah, I kind of liked Ginger at first but now I'm over her. It seems like the main show is trying to give her a winner's edit but Untucked is giving her a villain edit. It almost seems like her and Violet are trading roles.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

the escape goat posted:

Kennedy was just being a giant jerk and had the same issue as Coco- ALWAYS WEARING BLUE CONTACTS IN CONFESSIONALS. NO THANK YOU. that poo poo is too creepy for words.

Well to be fair, it's not like they can change what they wear in the confessionals now. It's like Laganja's stupid hair thing.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Pan Dulce posted:

As for the lipsync, I was SO happy to finally see what I consider the bottom of the barrel queens finally be in the bottom two, but it burned me up to see the one who actually seemed better at the song leave. Jaiddyn looked like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man terrorizing a city in barbed wire and lame moves. Kandy actually danced to the beat. As for the three strikes rule, that can't apply after Coco "Doritos" Montrese broke that.
I don't think Coco really "broke the rule" since it was both Coco and Alyssa's third lip sync.

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
And besides that, Alyssa should have stayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The shocked-question RuPaul voice (Bring back my... GIRLS?!/Celebrity guest judge...MERLE GINSBERG?!) is the greatest addition to Drag Race Season 7 and I want it to be in every episode.

Max, gently caress off with your tiny umbrella, are you kidding me..

EDIT: Ahahaha, Kandy Ho's hair poking out the back of her RuPaul wig.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 8, 2015

• Locked thread