Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

ultrafilter posted:

Take all of your clothes off and sit naked in the snow.

Encourage CHCH and LEAN to do the same, then take your dress back from LEAN after she removes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Get your dress back by any means necessary. Bitch is just jealous she can't bring it as hard as you.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
'Snow' is a euphemism. We're surrounded by drugs. Time to indulge.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh man you made it to the SERE minigame. If you get the highscore you get a free canteen and boonie hat if you mail a photo of your score to Nintendo!
Remember to save the hand for last, and don't name it otherwise it'll just make what has to be done that much harder.

Search for a bear or some poo poo. If not you'll have to make do with LEAN, ton ton style.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Scream.
Scream with all your might

Don't stop screaming

Scream until the end of time

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Oh, cool, we've unlocked the Frozen DLC. Go recruit ELSA.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Shinjobi posted:

Scream as loud as you can. Avalanches are cool, doubly so when they don't hit you.

Octatonic posted:

Scream.
Scream with all your might

Don't stop screaming

Scream until the end of time

And so you scream.

And scream.

And.

Scream.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand--

Ok, you're back at the End Of Time. Now what?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Find (what's left of) that old man and ask him what the gently caress is going on.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Since it worked so well last time, scream more.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Octatonic posted:

Since it worked so well last time, scream more.

Mmm, nope, nothing happened. You're already at the End Of Time. LEAN and CHCH just seem annoyed now.

nine-gear crow posted:

Find (what's left of) that old man and ask him what the gently caress is going on.

You collect a couple of bloodied bones and add them to your inventory. No matter how hard you try, they will not speak to you.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Go back and sit naked in the snow.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
You're new party member needs more to him if he's going to be useful. Put the hand on the bloody bones. We're making a new friend piece by piece!

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Choco1980 posted:

You're new party member needs more to him if he's going to be useful. Put the hand on the bloody bones. We're making a new friend piece by piece!

New party member's name is BONE or MEAT? I forgot how that goes.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
^^^^^SPNL, since I think there was a crossover with Killer Instinct when Crono Tragger came out.

I hear that yellow snowcones are quite the delicacy, we should convince CHCH and LEAN to try some out. Just, er, don't let them see the process. Chef's secrets and all that.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

>Grind up what's left of the old man, split the dust between you, CHCH, and LEAN, and snort it up

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Choco1980 posted:

This. Also, go back to the "snow" and breathe deep through your nose.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I bet that lamppost is some kind of hidden portal. Ignore laws of space and go into the lamp to the next world.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

The parser only accepts it in the format of Put Bloody Bones On Hand, but yeah, do that.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Commit atrocious science using bones and hand to summon back the soul of the old man.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Go back to the snowstorm and play the snowboard mini-game with CLOD.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Hit the fast-forward button until you get to SKLA.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
gently caress this game, let's play Secret of Mana instead.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Bregor posted:

I'd like to add this to my vote after we do my selection. Especially if Bone-Buddy gets a turn.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Shape the hand into lewd gestures and hold it up to CHCH and LEAN.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Choco1980 posted:

Good idea!

You place the gross bones on the ground, happy they're no longer taking up space in your inventory if that's even a thing I don't know I have no idea. Forming the shape of the hand that they were once contained in, you consider that you probably could've done something funny like make them be in the shape of a dick or something, but that'd be disrespectful to your dead... uh... friend? Is anyone really friends here?

Suddenly, the bones begin to glow! It seems you've accidentally done a fancy summoning ritual! I hope it's not the final boss, because you're like 200% not ready to fight that guy yet! The bones glow and emit a fragrance slightly reminiscent of noxious fumes or maybe talcum powder, radiating with an energy yet unseen in your travels so far!

However, there is a light farting noise as the bones fizzle and sputter and emit smoke that is almost definitely a major nuclear health hazard. Unfortunately you've put the bones in the wrong configuration! It seems like in order to make use of this magical paradoxical resurrecting power contained here at the end of time, you'll have to try other shapes and formations in order to make a new friend.

However, it seems like that will have to wait as CHCH taps you on the shoulder and kindly informs you that you have company. It seems like your ritual actually worked in a weird roundabout way! I REALLY REALLY hope it's not the final boss!

A bright, radiant light shines from behind the figure, towering and ominous and emitting an angry screech. The light shafts look very pretty and realistic especially for N64 graphics (I think Chron Trag was on the N64? Maybe Gamecube or NES or something who fuckin knows). Sprites fly to and fro as a heavenly angelic choir rings out complete with like 6 pipe organs and several angry sounding stringy violins.

Oh god, I think this is it.

I THINK THIS IS IT...

IT'S FINALLY TIME FOR.........

Uh. Who's this douchebag?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

My work here is done.

*walks away into the sunset while somber music plays*

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CJacobs posted:

Uh. Who's this douchebag?

Oh man, it's DASH Rendar!

(Nice The Thing reference)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It's Glan, Glens brother who was turned into someone's skeleton instead of a frog.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Your new friend looks like he'd be well suited to surviving frozen shitholes with relative ease.

Don't call him anything and just drag him back to that frozen shithole place you just came from and see what happens.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
He's FOOD. Ask him what the hell he's doing here. Be all accusatory, make it clear that it's his fault. Offer him indentured servitude as a means of making recompense for his unexpected involvement in a once in a lifetime ritual.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Is that PGPN from Charlie Brown? I told you, we didn't buy that DLC!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Chrono Trigger: Problem Sleuth Edition

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Call him BOSS, go back to winter land.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
That guy sure looks like a BEAR Grylls to me with that backpack of his!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Is that ISAC, forced to fight yet more necramufs?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Shei-kun posted:

Is that ISAC, forced to fight yet more necramufs?

Ah, of course! This rear end in a top hat is a hero from another dimension, one given a lot of praise even though really he hasn't ever done all that much. He's got a sick space suit with a fuckin' sweet helmet that allows him to brave any weather and resist any status affliction because he's kind of a mary sue like that. Because of this advanced suit he can also rocket his health up and down like a rollercoaster with virtually no consequences! Only his internal organs will be damaged, and believe me, there are enough of those to go around between the four-to-six of you.

And his name of course is ISAC, a name befitting of such a wonderful man as him.

AJ_Impy posted:

He's FOOD. Ask him what the hell he's doing here. Be all accusatory, make it clear that it's his fault. Offer him indentured servitude as a means of making recompense for his unexpected involvement in a once in a lifetime ritual.

haha just kidding actually his name is FOOD. Fooled you didn't I

FOOD immediately launches back into the tangent that he was previously frantically screaming his head off about as soon as the menu closes. Something about kicking Zeus in the dick and Smash Mouth's hit song 'All Star' or something, who knows, he's barely making any sense here.

This motherfucker is just going on and on and on but GOKU has already tuned out, strategically thinking of his next move in the grand scheme of the cron trag storyline. It's a real meta moment for him. Just soak it in.

nine-gear crow posted:

Your new friend looks like he'd be well suited to surviving frozen shitholes with relative ease.

Don't call him anything and just drag him back to that frozen shithole place you just came from and see what happens.

Ah, good idea.

"Hey, wanna go dick around in some frozen wasteland off in the middle of nowhere with us? It's really cold there and we could use your suit to add to our general party's stat resistance so we can walk around for more than 5 seconds without dropping loving dead and reloading a save," you say. You say that. That's what you say.

FOOD puts on his sweet space helmet, snapping out of his insane rambling. "Let's do it."

You are now back in the frozen tundra. FOOD's high cold resistance (I don't even know if that's a thing in this game I haven't played Chrono Trigger okay jesus) allows you to walk around without your erect nipples poking out of your shirt and embarrassing everyone. Don't worry his helmet is still on, it's just that a certain omnipotent narrator is extremely goddamn lazy.

FOOD has joined your party! You can now boss him around! Who do you want to bring out of the terrible disgusting hole you've stashed them in to tackle this area?

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 18, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Okay Blind Sally you can have your thread back now thanks for letting me do this

GrimRevenant
Mar 28, 2011

Je Reviendrai.

CJacobs posted:

Okay Blind Sally you can have your thread back now thanks for letting me do this
Dare I ask what you held hostage?

As for the game, I’ve embarrassingly forgotten the prostrat for this area, but isn’t the ideal party something like G0KU, GOKU, and FOOD? (I’m assuming GOKU is still mandatory.)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
G0KU is a machine, so his brain conducts electricity better in the cold. If I recall correctly, that's how they explained it when he solves the complicated math puzzle at the end of this area if you bring him along. Or maybe that's a different frozen area.

Since I hate math puzzles, I think you should Bring G0KU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
GOKU, CHCH, and FOOD

Then

Bregor posted:

• Locked thread