Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
What can we see?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

You see....
G5 - A South Korean cruise liner - Clearly within it's territorial waters from what you can see.
H3 - North Korean Fisherman on his dinghy. Looks like he caught a big'un!
L3 - Hard to tell, but it appears to be a small rocky island with tortoises basking on it. How cute!
I2 - Russian trawler bringing in trade goods to our glorious paradise!
I4 - Japanese whalers! Curses!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

HiHo ChiRho posted:

"This is a training excercise! we need the fuel for defense of the motherland, not for Wolf pups to try and blow up cities!"

Coward

Changing vote to L3

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Outrail posted:

Coward

Changing vote to L3

:commissar:

Zahrkon
Apr 2, 2010
I4 Those are our whales damnit.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Do the missiles actually have warheads?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is I4 in our water?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Shadeoses posted:

Do the missiles actually have warheads?

The Chungwi turns to you. "We got these as-is from the Leninists. Our scientists reversed engineered them to make them better, but you don't get to train with those. They have a 900 kg payload, did you not pay attention to class that day?"

He chuckles to himself. "Normally we do fill them with concrete but I want a good firework show today. The people in the village want one too. So go on! Let's make a big kaboom!"

RandomPauI posted:

Is I4 in our water?

It can be if you claim it for North Korea? Outside world would consider it international waters though.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 7, 2015

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
L3- Those turtles are a symbol of the Capitalist Aggresors what with their flagrant self-enjoyment under the sun. Why are they not working to feed their children with the sweat of their brow? Why do they not support The Party by singing to Dear Leader, even as far away as they are? They must be shown the error their ways!

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Fireworks, huh? How about an airburst?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
The ocean is one large body of water, and it borders North Korea. Thus, the entire ocean is our territorial waters, by the superior claim of the Kim family!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Wikipedia posted:

According to traditional Japanese beliefs, the tortoise is a haven for immortals and the world mountain, and symbolizes longevity, good luck, and support. It is the symbol of Kumpira, the god of seafaring people

Seems suspicious enough to me! FIRE ON L3

As Dammerung pointed out in IRC tortoises can't swim, how did they get there??? Clearly they are Japanese spies!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 7, 2015

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

We have the might to foil the angry sea,
Our land more prosperous still shall be,
As by the people’s will we strive,
TARGET L3, MAKE THE TORTOISES DIE!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
L3

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
L3

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

This

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

gently caress it, this

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

I don't believe we have the range.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Kimchaek to Ulleung is about 380km so yeah it's over our max range by a good deal.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Well see that's even better. The Western pig-dogs can have their moment of panic as they see a missile on a ballistic trajectory towards their holdings but when it runs out of fuel halfway we can be all "Huhhuh I didn't even hit you but you still flinched :smug:"

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
L3

is the only sensible choice.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Mesozoic

It's moving, Francis thought. Francis gets terribly bored most days. Eating grass can just get monotonous. Sure, a predator comes by once in a while but Francis always beats them off.

This, however, was exciting! Francis has lived near the coast for over 100 years and knew every step from his den to the ocean. A step count that has been slooooowly growing since then. At first Francis thought it was his gate, but he finally realized the truth: Part of the land was moving away from it's parent continent. A moving island, how novel! Most animals wouldn't live long enough to appreciate it, but tortoises live very long lives and can certainly appreciate the wonders of tectonic plates shifting!

Huh? Oh yes, Francis is a tortoise.

A tortoise that decided to eschew boredom, uproot his den and his mate and move to a slowly moving piece of land moving away from the continent into the ocean. They mate, have many kids, and the generations of tortoises after Francis forever hate him once they realized that, while moving on a small piece of land is nice, and the lack of predators is always a plus, being cooped up on a small island together for, well, forever gets kind of rote as well. Francis was many things, but his ability to foresee issues could have been better

Time passes. A lot of time passes

Willy wakes up to another boring day. Another boring day eating grass, another boring day getting rebuffed by the girls, blah blah blah. He only had fun 50 years ago when those wacky monkey with sticks came over and attacked each other! It was at least something different for once. Oh how he wished for that bloodshed once again!

Willy, in a fit of rage and boredom screams out to the sky "This..SUCKS! Can't we get something going on here today?! Can't I get just one...tiny...miniscule spark of excitement in my life?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
You snap out of your daydream. Yup, that's the spot. They are probably also dirty capitalist tortoises anyway. You yell the coordinates to Dae Geon and the two of you work to make sure this rocket gets to it's destination.

All I can do for the morning. We will see what you monsters unleashed later tonight.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
:ohdear:

Wait. I mean Dirty Capitalist Turtle Pigdogs!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:dance:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Tortoise Isle

Willy stands exasperated on the beach. I didn't expect it to actually work! His tail wags with glee! Something exciting IS happening today!

There is a spot in the clear blue sky. Of importance is that it appears to be coming to Willy! Joy upon joys! Willy trudges back to the Den, where he happens upon his friends. Billy, lazily chomping on grass; Jilly, his crush; and Bob, who had to ruin the cute naming thing they all had going on.

"GUYSGUYSGUYSGUESSWHAT"
"H-hold up there Willy. What are you blabbering about?" Billy inquires.
"SOMETHING IS COMING. I FREAKING SCREAMED OUT FOR SOMETHING TO HAPPEN AND IT WORKED"
"Pshaw. Nothing ever happens here, Willy. Now calm down before you have a coronary".

Willy takes a few deep breaths and explains what just occurred to him. Nobody obviously believed him at first, but the growing silver thing in the sky lended a sort of credence to the story. Even if they didn't think Willy willed it to appear, it certainly was there and they ought to do something about it.

Jilly first says "Maybe it will be a new friend! We should throw a party with hats! I like hats." Jilly became the inventor of hats on the island when a piece of a coconut shell accidentally landed on her head about 15 years ago. She always had the best fashion sense. Billy was apprehensive, worried it was a predator. Their kind hasn't had one in a long time, but that fear ingrains in you after several millenia and paranoia is much tougher to get rid of. Billy wishes that Willy would send it back. Bob just meekly wonders if it is food, and if it tastes good.

Willy just turns to them all and says "Fancy ideas, but we are but simple tortoises. Let us meet it simply on the beach with open arms and a smile. Truly the gods have blessed us". So Willy and friends trudge back to the beach to meet their new sky-friend.

Jilly asks "What shall we call it? Trilly?"
"Food?"
"Salvation!"
"Our doom" Billy gulps.

The silver object is coming close now...oh! Willy didn't expect it to be that big!

Oh.

Oh, it's not slowing down.

That's not g-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTCLUVHE7zk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even from so far away, you still see the fire and smoke from the direct contact on the island! Well, not really an island anymore, amiright?! As tortoise shells cascade down into the sea, Dae Geon runs up to give you a bear hug, screaming "We did it Wolf!" Chungwi nods to you, and with careful prodding even the village people give a small cheer to you, and a larger one for Dear Leader's awesome missiles, of course! The four of you tidy up and head back to base. You only feel mildly sad for the tortoise colony you so completely and utterly destroyed, you jerk!

Time, as it always does, passes. Only a couple of weeks though, and it's time for you to keeping busy outside of more training and drills.

What do you wish to do?
A. Dae Geon want me to be his wingman tonight! Let's meet some ladies! I know there is a small risk to this.
B. The missile I shot off was cool, but I want to make my own. I start heavy reading of chemistry and rocketry books. I know this is very difficult to do.
C. Start schmoozing with the Officers, try and work up some brownie points to move from enlisted to officer! I know this is hard to do.
D. Ye Seung Nam offered to help you continue training in Tae kwon do. He apparently is very good at it!
E. Something else!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

B: I don't have a poem this time.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

B For reals, let's be a rocket Wolf.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
B I hear GermansKoreansNorth Koreans are really good at rockets.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Rather than make the rockets, let us command where they go!

C

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
gently caress yeah! Eat DNK military superiority reptile scum!

A! Get our freak on!

We are Missiles!
Fueled by booze!
Hard we fly!
Penetrating our targets!

It's innuendo

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
B

Maybe we'll learn how to make blue meth instead!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
D

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
E

We must focus entirely on composing a song about how those turtles represented decadent American Imperialism and the rocket was the vengeance of the Korean people inspired by the Great Juche Idea, the Cholima doctrine, and held high by the Banner of Songun to defeat them. Only through our careful praises of Kim Il-Sung can we achieve true freedom for all world progressives.

Then we shall sing it and any girl that is enthused with the Love of Dear Leader will be a true keeper as she will not only be loyal to us but most importantly to the Workers' Party of Korea.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
C, one day WE shall be Dear Leader.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
More people should vote C for maximum-medallage.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

sniper4625 posted:

More people should vote C for maximum-medallage.

This

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

A - 1
B - 4
C - 3
D - 1
E - 1

What shall it be Dear Readers? Be a Rocket Man or a 20 star general?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Let's go with C.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

C

• Locked thread