Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
##vote MMM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Epsilon Plus posted:

Well, no, it's meant to imply that I think it's kind of weird Somber went for a lurker instead of MMM except I very clearly misread something because it doesn't appear that Somber's had any negative opinion about MMM all game.

I'm an idiot who can't read. Nobody is surprised.

I don't buy it, that was scummy as heck even if that's what you meant. You left the end of that sentence open so people would come to the conclusion that Somber's decision was a bad one but if he doesn't flip badguy it won't come back on you. Would vote.

I'm heading to a boardgame night now but I'm gonna reread E+ when I get the chance.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If MMM is scum the content should be there to case him, not so much the case with five.

So if this is lylo then Orvin is scum or else all the scum haven't been to the thread yet?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Have fun poque.

Will someone make a case on trip?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Why are we throwing around votes in lylo, though?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Somberbrero posted:

So if this is lylo then Orvin is scum or else all the scum haven't been to the thread yet?

I don't follow how this makes Orvin scummy, please explain?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

I don't follow how this makes Orvin scummy, please explain?

Oh, or Pig is scum. If Pig was town, all four scum would just hammer to win. If Pig is scum, then the scum need one more person on Orvin. Same thing with Met and MMM. So putting down votes in lylo with zero thought is pretty dangerous!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

Oh, or Pig is scum. If Pig was town, all four scum would just hammer to win. If Pig is scum, then the scum need one more person on Orvin. Same thing with Met and MMM. So putting down votes in lylo with zero thought is pretty dangerous!

No thought required, Orvin is scum.

like REALLY

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

No thought required, Orvin is scum.

like REALLY

At this point Pig is either a terrible town player, or a fairly good scum. He has done next to nothing all game and is not called on it. He asked few people to make a list, and just voted with little logic behind it.

I am figuring that I have lost the game, but I might as well take Pig with me. Call it an OMGUS vote, call it giving up, whatever.

##vote CapitalistPig

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I don't think CPig's put forth like, a single molecule of true effort the whole game.

what gives, man

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Like his entire push on orvin has been "gut ping" and "read his posts" and "c'mooooo guys vote orvin please please please"

CPig are you just a really lovely executioner or something?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Orvin EP scum team confirmed.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You can confuse a meta by being different each game or the same each game. :shrug:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The more I meditate on CPig the unhappier I become. ##vote CapitalistPig

I think you're scum riding the coattalis of more active scum buddies. You're drawing attention away from others by being ridiculous.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote Cpig

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
##vote CPig

Good work Orvin!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##vote pig im scum

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

CapitalistPig (5): Orvin, Epsilon Plus, chaoslord, Poque, MMM Whatchya Say
Orvin (1): CapitalistPig
MMM Whatchya Say (1): Met

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, Somberbrero

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to plorp. The current deadline is April 09th, 2015 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
You are all super dumb. Orvin is the scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

drat poque you tricked me

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

"Y'see, Malcolm," says Joey, lifting the black and white television from behind the bar, "The thing you're missing out on is that we're the Ramones, and you're just some punks. You mighta built some killer robots, but we're too tough to die." The cross-Atlantic picture fuzzes and dies in the moments before the TV comes crashing down on top of a robot's head.

code:
ER-N33 OFFLINE
CapitalistPig - ER-N33 "Ernie" Ramone, a Vanilla Town Robo-Ramone, has expired.

quote:

Welcome, fiery_valkyrie CapitalistPig. You are ER-N33 "Ernie" Ramone, a Vanilla Town Robo-Ramone. Your mission is to find and kidnap the real Ramones, preferably by holding them over your head while running for the door going BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP I AM A ROBOT. You are specially equipped with claw-hands and robot strength to make this happen.

Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Hal Incandenza - BI-L33 "Billy" Ramone, a Town Doctor Robo-Ramone
Orvin - KN-N33 "Kenny" Ramone, a Vanilla Town Robo-Ramone
Met - RB-B33 "Robby" Ramone, a Vanilla Town Robo-Ramone
and
Somberbrero - KN-G33 "Kenji" Ramone, a Town Vigilante Robo-Ramone

have been endgamed by

The Ramones

chaoslord - Tommy Ramone, a Mafia Godfather Actual Ramone
Epsilon Plus - Dee Dee Ramone, a Mafia Roleblocker Actual Ramone
Poque - Joey Ramone, a Mafia Goon Actual Ramone
MMM Whatchya Say - Johnny Ramone, a Mafia Goon Actual Ramone

"Hey, Dee Dee," asked Johnny, "what's up tomorrow?"

"Oh, I dunno. Supposed to be sunny, right? How'sabout the beach?"

Oh, no. Could it be? The Ramones vs. The Mutant Shark-People of Rockaway Beach! Tune in next time---same punk time, same punk station!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLxt74ObBl4

The End...?

Scumdoc
Moddoc

hexwren fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Apr 8, 2015

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

thank goodness that actually worked

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
aww cpig was ernie, that's super cute.

but yaaaay great job team! it's nice to win as the badguys but who are actually good. gently caress robots. ramones 4 lyfe

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

a shame we killed that other punk guy though

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm super amped I actually played a scum game where, evidently, nobody suspected me

I feel like a real player now

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
From scumdoc d1:

"i think we should all take the uncommon path of controlling discussion
control it between all four of us, be the top posters in the thread
make other people respond to our "cases"
it's harder but it will be immensely satisfying.
anyway that's my plan"

I really wanted to just post post post a ton and try to control the whole thing and I thought we did a good job of that. Rarity just kind of fell into place, but we got Comma dead and then town just devoured itself after that. I thought I was going to get some heat today for my switch to EXAKT last night instead of MMM but nobody seemed to notice. His flip would've hurt me a lot, I think, even though he was bussing me early on D1.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
god

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sorry Exakt.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I definitely want to thank everybody who played. It took a bit of effort to get the game off the ground, but I had a great time running it. I hope it was as much fun for you.

As far as design notes go, there's not much to talk about. I basically wanted the balance of a C9 with four scum, so I beefed up the town a little bit and threw in an extra scum (Tommy was the Godfather because everyone forgets he was in the group.) I ran the initial version of the setup past Antivehicular and Taste, and then I ended up tweaking it anyway, adding the Survivor and making the vig every-other-night instead of one-shot. This latter change was simply because a full vig might have been too powerful, but one-shot vig is almost always a SK cover or just boring, and I like when people with powers actually get to use them.

Also, yes, Somber was completely telling the truth about his vig having to reload for a night after firing. I got the idea from this bizarre-rear end claim Ernie made in Secret Invasion involving him being able to withhold a nightcop to make a daycop and I tried to cut it down to something usable, but even that was less than successful:

quote:

Welcome, Somberbrero. You are KN-G33 "Kenji" Ramone, a Town Vigilante Robo-Ramone. Your mission is to find and kidnap the real Ramones, preferably by holding them over your head while running for the door going BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP I AM A ROBOT. You are specially equipped with super Pew-Pew Lasers to help make this happen.

Abilities:

At night, you may select a player in the game to target for a nightkill. You may not select more than one player at a time. You may not do this two nights in a row. You may not "store up" uses of this ability by skipping nights, you will always have to wait to "recharge." You get what I mean.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 8, 2015

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

We felt really sorry for you :(

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That game was really fun, thanks for running it, Allen!

also looking at the mod doc, Anon tracked MC ED N1. I had a really stupid claim that I was considering trying out at the beginning of D2 just for shits and giggles and that would've absolutely ruined it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

We felt really sorry for you :(

game is hard

oh man if i hadn't shot mced then auuuguh

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Heh, well you had me completely fooled. I couldn't figure anything out, so I just said I was a survivor and just checked out. Well played, scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
remember when i derailed the scum lunch

and shot the cop

and pushed the town to lunch town two other days

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I still have no idea how anybody thought MC ED was a good lynch candidate, let alone vig target. dude was killing it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah I felt really bad for some people in this game, esp EXAKT, somber and MCED. My posting really fell off during the EXAKT somber fight because of that.

Also I was phone posting the whole weekend and it was very irritating! Really stopped me from getting the content I wanted out there.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

a shame we killed that other punk guy though

Technically he's just in the van. Probably the robots didn't even lock it.

CHEETAH CHROME WILL RETURN IN...
ANOTHER GAME WHERE HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON, PROBABLY

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

remember when i derailed the scum lunch

and shot the cop

and pushed the town to lunch town two other days

We all have those games! I once used my two-shot vig on the cop and the doc two nights in a row as town.

Scum team did an excellent job, good job Ramones.

Thanks a ton Allen, you are the best flavor-poster going right now!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

Technically he's just in the van. Probably the robots didn't even lock it.

CHEETAH CHROME WILL RETURN IN...
ANOTHER GAME WHERE HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON, PROBABLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I fought hard to keep MCED alive because I liked his style but man that would have come to bite me in the rear end when the investigation results came in.

• Locked thread