Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

Also if it had twice as many dungeons, and if the items were better.
Yeah but imagine how many dungeons you could add if you removed all the dialogue and the stuff with the town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Four more, I reckon.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

Four more, I reckon.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

I hated the kinstone stuff but the swordmaster guys taught you tons of sweet moves so Minish Cap gets a big thumbs up from me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

Four more, I reckon.
That's a good number of dungeons. I think it could have used a better final dungeon than the castle. The air dungeon was cool though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's a good number of dungeons. I think it could have used a better final dungeon than the castle. The air dungeon was cool though.

the air dungeon was really cool, so were the darknuts.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

the air dungeon was really cool, so were the darknuts.
Yeah, I liked the dark nuts... and the giant armored knights as well.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i didnt like the overworld in minish cap but thought the dungeons were very good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i didnt like the overworld in minish cap but thought the dungeons were very good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, I liked the dark nuts... and the giant armored knights as well.

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

minish cap is really fun with 3 hearts. vaati is an awesome boss when you can die

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
im going to take a wild guess and bet that sf/sf64 was bigger in the us than in japan and that is why every sequel they made to it involved destroying it in some way

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
no furries in japan

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

speaking of underrated Zelda games, phantom hourglass has the best items in any Zelda game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got to the end of the first Minish Cap dungeon and got bored :mrgw:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tiler Kiwi posted:

im going to take a wild guess and bet that sf/sf64 was bigger in the us than in japan and that is why every sequel they made to it involved destroying it in some way

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Maybe they'll combine Star Fox and Metroid into one terrible shameful Nintendo failure game.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

star fox 64 is the only actual good game in the series and instead of just basically releasing more level packs of that with prettier graphics they went out of their way to introduce all kinds of retarded mechanics

assault starts off as 64 but better and then all the sudden you're on foot and you control like a tank

You can switch to twin stick controls

Kinda balls that there are only three classic levels in the game though, game feels really slow too

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

speaking of underrated Zelda games, phantom hourglass has the best items in any Zelda game.

finished Phantom Hourglass and wam bam thank you ma’am it was loving great.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

was the scouter design for Fox and Falco created for Brawl? i never played Assault or Command so i always assumed it started in one of those games

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

was the scouter design for Fox and Falco created for Brawl? i never played Assault or Command so i always assumed it started in one of those games

the fox design in brawl is mostly taken from star fox command, which is by far the shittiest starfox including adventures

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What was command. I remember assault also being a turd but I don't I've ever even heard of command.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It was a DS title where you had a kind of tactical map on the bottom screen where you drew a path for your Arwings to follow, when one of them encountered an enemy it turned into a free-flying battle against a group of enemies. I think there was a time limit in every map too. I owned it when I had a DS Lite but it didn't hold my interest very long

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

chaos rhames posted:

no furries in japan

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I don't know what everyone's talking about but Link's Awakening is the best 2D Zelda

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Looper posted:

You can switch to twin stick controls

Kinda balls that there are only three classic levels in the game though, game feels really slow too

at least the onfoot levels had air/tank sections that were really fun. the mission in the tundra where you're blowing up stuff in a tank and then switch to an arwing for a boss fight owned

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

qnqnx posted:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

let me live in blissful ignorance please

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I liked Starfox 64. I hope they don't gently caress this one up like every other game in the series since then.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

mabels big day posted:

the fox design in brawl is mostly taken from star fox command, which is by far the shittiest starfox including adventures

Adventures is worse. Plus Command had an ending where Fox and Falco said 'gently caress this' and go off to become F-zero racers. Also another ending where Slippy has a lot of retard kids with some equally uggo frog lady and he looks like he wants to commit suicide. Can't be the worst game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really liked adventures despite some less than fun on-foot sections

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

mabels big day posted:

goons bitch about Adventures all the time. i don't even know if anyone's ever played Command

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Bobnumerotres posted:

i really liked adventures despite some less than fun on-foot sections

I'll admit I kind of enjoyed Adventures too. If you were a GC owner at the time, it was a budget Zelda to play before Wind Waker came out 3 months later. Not something I ever bought at full price, but fun enough to rent and beat on a weekend.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i meant to say assault* adventures was really weird and forgettable.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Star Fox Adventures was one of my favourite games when I played it

I was like nine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

age is no excuse, my favorite game when i was 9 was probably super mario 64.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

star fox adventures actual ending:

robot on ship - FOX I AM DETECTING YOUR BODY TEMPERATURE IS RISING IN THE PRESENCE OF KRYSTAL, ARE YOU OKAY?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Was the A-button mashing minigame that you had to do in the Dino Village legitimately broken or am I just bad at that crap, because I tried to beat that thing 5 different times over the course of about 3 years and I never could.

if I remember right I had to use a pen cap and still barely beat that loving thing. and oh boy was the conclusion totally worth it :jerkbag:

Bobnumerotres posted:

robot on ship - FOX I AM DETECTING YOUR BODY TEMPERATURE IS RISING IN THE PRESENCE OF KRYSTAL, ARE YOU OKAY?

ayup

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

at least the onfoot levels had air/tank sections that were really fun. the mission in the tundra where you're blowing up stuff in a tank and then switch to an arwing for a boss fight owned

I have a huge soft spot for the mission in the big city where you have to snipe radar jammers and then fight General Pepper in his gundam as the boss

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Bobnumerotres posted:

Also Falco came back because he apparently left the team after Starfox 64 and his absence is never acknowledged once in the game until the very end iirc.

I also remembered it had a cover that made the game look like it would be some epic adventure with all the Star Fox characters traveling with you. Then it turns out it's Zelda-lite featuring annoying dinosaur companion.

Welp, that's my story.

Looper posted:

I have a huge soft spot for the mission in the big city where you have to snipe radar jammers and then fight General Pepper in his gundam as the boss

That level unironically owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
star fox hasnt been good since 64, unless you are a furry

• Locked thread