Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

Man I can't believe someone asked you not to call people retards. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Hope everything is okay now.

This is the highlight of my day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
Yeh Somb is pretty funny I enjoy his stabs at me :)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The self-respect from that post is severely undercut by the insistence that what you're saying is innocuous. It's not up to you to decide how people react to it, and you're smart enough to recognize that something like that will get a reaction. It reminds me when people on Reddit will call somebody a human being and then get uptight and claim that "they didn't mean it that way" when called out on it. Who gives a poo poo what you meant about it? I don't personally have an issue with it, but it makes you look like a moron, and you clearly have enough respect for yourself to get beyond representing yourself in a way that comes across as pedestrian and crude.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam posted:

I'm reacting to what I think was a cynical and patronising read/response and it's pretty legit to be frustrated when people attribute meanness to you that you don't see. I apologise plenty for being mean, so when I'm being misunderstood I'm drat sure going to stick up for myself.

FYI, I wasn't a part of whatever happened, but this is the thing that is sticking out to me more than anything else. You can be mad that you are being misunderstood, but you should also be aware as to why you are being misunderstood, or why you think you are being misunderstood.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hello did you all know that the words idiot moron and imbecile were all scientific classifications for human beings who did not do well on IQ tests in the early 1900s

those are all medical terms that you can use today to call someone a stupid without insulting or denigrating a subset of the population because thanks to linguistics they've lost their association with actual peoples

the only reason you choose not to is because you cave into social pressures to 'fit in' by 'otherizing' the same group of people, whether you are conscious of it or not

let's all take a chill pill and recognize that theram is very, very wrong

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I just wanna play in an environment where people give you the benefit of the doubt about tangential issues and don't jump on you, which has become the "in thing" imo.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I really enjoy calling people idiots

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie. posted:

those are all medical terms that you can use today to call someone a stupid without insulting or denigrating a subset of the population because thanks to linguistics they've lost their association with actual peoples

actually, ernie, i am personally insulted by the word 'idiot' because it triggers my oldest high school memories

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie. posted:

actually, ernie, i am personally insulted by the word 'idiot' because it triggers my oldest high school memories

oh? well i'll try to use it around you a little less, then

sorry for any issues i've already caused! hopefully you realize you are no longer in high school soon!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie. posted:

oh? well i'll try to use it around you a little less, then

sorry for any issues i've already caused! hopefully you realize you are no longer in high school soon!

thanks, how civil of you, too, to apologize immediately instead of making this a big deal

though, given your grammar, maybe you need to go back to high school!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Okay well we can at least not talk to me about this stuff now. I am a dinosaur or something. Sounds cool to me!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Everyone stop being such babies.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

In other news, I am currently reading "Use of Weapons" and it is a very good book.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

im going to continue to use the r-word (ram)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey, let's not blame Ram, it can be very difficult to not just use slurs all the time, and as a straight white male it can be very offensive when someone thinks you're using them unironically.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i think in the original el dorado game 100 percent of posters called someone retarded at some point

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

i think in the original el dorado game 100 percent of posters called someone retarded at some point

okay i would like to instate a rule here from now on, because people need to stop doing this:

can we please stop talking about the original el dorado? i didn't do so hot in that one

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Canadian midget beavers so resentful of my privilege levels.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Theram is no Lumpen.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CPIG I WILL PLAY YOUR GAME !

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Ernie. posted:

okay i would like to instate a rule here from now on, because people need to stop doing this:

can we please stop talking about the original el dorado? i didn't do so hot in that one

i am pretty sure died pathetically

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

but i also made cpig mad because i kept saying he was confirming people as town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

i am pretty sure died pathetically

I may have died D1

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
lol yeah I was being a baby

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Don't worry though Im gonna be wayyyyyy less babylike this game and you can say whatever you want and I wont get mad or react.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

Don't worry though Im gonna be wayyyyyy less babylike this game and you can say whatever you want and I wont get mad or react.

You suck.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

Your feet are too small for your body

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I heard one time that Pig tried real hard at a game. That's just something I heard.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

I heard one time that Pig tried real hard at a game. That's just something I heard.

Sometimes I try hard, it isnt very often though.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I like when Pig tries, unless I'm scum and he's not

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
I only play in innocuous games with no oot drama, also this is mafia on something awful and also a safe haven for delicate retarded flowers like me

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Haha who is our mystery mafia-er!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Oops phone posting thought post date was regdate fu awful app

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Think that's ole lovely Wok.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I promise to be nice until I gently caress up my claim, and then I'll be a big baby for a page or two until I get lynched.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

but i also made cpig mad because i kept saying he was confirming people as town

Lmao it was that game, I forgot

I was scum? Yes...

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It was also the game with Windshippers self imposed spanish PR that got somone probated.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I promise to be nice because I know no other way.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah, that game did not go well. I think I got mad at you about it or something. This one will be different. Why? Maerlyn is not in it (rip)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Yeah, that game did not go well. I think I got mad at you about it or something. This one will be different. Why? Maerlyn is not in it (rip)

It went ok for the most part with a couple rough spots, but I have learned much since then and am a much happier person.

This game isnt nearly as role heavy as that one too so itll be less chaos overall (probably)

I expect this game will go well enough for there to at least be El Dorado 3! :)

• Locked thread