Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
I know it's already been said, but I love the parity this season. Last season when there were 8 queens left, we knew who the ringers were (Bianca, Adore, Courtney, Ben) and who were on their way out (Joslyn, Laganja, Trinity). This season I have no idea whatsoever who's going to be in the top 3.

Speaking of which, what does everyone think the top 3's going to be? My guess is Ginger, Katya, and Fame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I'm such a bitter betty this season, all my calls for who should have been called to the bottom and who should have sashay-ed away RuPaul has shot down, so I'm just saying she's setting it up for a funny, plus-size queen to win, even if I find her really acerbic and unpolished compared to others before her (Ex: Delta). It's just how the story is being played out, in my opinion, kind of like how you saw it coming with Sharon, Bianca, and Raja.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Ironic Twist posted:

I know it's already been said, but I love the parity this season. Last season when there were 8 queens left, we knew who the ringers were (Bianca, Adore, Courtney, Ben) and who were on their way out (Joslyn, Laganja, Trinity). This season I have no idea whatsoever who's going to be in the top 3.

Speaking of which, what does everyone think the top 3's going to be? My guess is Ginger, Katya, and Fame.

Really? I can absolutely see JDF, Fame, and Kennedy leaving some time soon, with Pearl, Violet, Katya, and Max in the ringer category and Ginger occupying the Phi Phi bitch slot that means she's not leaving any time soon. I see a Katya, Violet, Max top three, with Violet or Max possibly getting swapped out for Pearl. That redemption edit is reality TV gold...for the contestant, anyway. From here it's kinda boring.

Sadly Fame's already had her backstory given to us and has been portrayed as screwing up epically from time to time, I can already see her getting thrown under the bus especially after the preview for the next episode. Why can't the Alyssas of the world be allowed to stick around for just a little while longer? :sigh:

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Ironic Twist posted:

As much as I hate to see Katya not in the top three I'm fairly certain it will be Ginger, Violet, and Pearl.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I want Katya to win and Max to get the Miss Congeniality money. I feel like Violet's probably making the final 3 but not winning, and I guess Ginger for the last one since I can't see Jaidynn/Fame/Kennedy making it in. I can kinda see Pearl, if any of Katya/Violet/Ginger slip up she's probably poised to go in. Max is my favorite, but with how much Michelle Visage has been going after him I feel like he'll be on thin ice + there's guaranteed going to be one or two challenges super stacked against him (thinking of the rap video one from last season especially). Miss Congeniality was a nice silver lining for Ben last season, so I'm hoping Max gets it this time~

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Ironic Twist posted:

I thought Darienne Lake was toast for at least four straight weeks last season iirc.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
If Katya doesn't win (which is a national travesty), she is probably Miss Congeniality, but also possibly Trixie.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

I want Katya to win and Max to get the Miss Congeniality money. I feel like Violet's probably making the final 3 but not winning, and I guess Ginger for the last one since I can't see Jaidynn/Fame/Kennedy making it in. I can kinda see Pearl, if any of Katya/Violet/Ginger slip up she's probably poised to go in. Max is my favorite, but with how much Michelle Visage has been going after him I feel like he'll be on thin ice + there's guaranteed going to be one or two challenges super stacked against him (thinking of the rap video one from last season especially). Miss Congeniality was a nice silver lining for Ben last season, so I'm hoping Max gets it this time~

Well, my reasoning is:

Pearl because they're clearly giving her an Adore-esque arc where she is a young queen that pulls herself up

Violet because she has a clearly defined story arc too. She is going from 'mean girl' to trying to change and actually be nicer. Speaking of, has anyone ever done that on the show?

Ginger because she is a ringer for the top 3 'villain' a la Roxxy.

Edit:
Everyone else has some weird non-story story. They may have SOMETHING going but it isn't very clearly defined. We're supposed to like the first two I listed because we can follow them.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I only started watching this show since last season, but I can't help but feel that this season doesn't have the same magic as the last season did. Maybe it's because of the cast? Maybe it's because last season was the first time I'd ever watched the show? I dunno. I'm just not seeing a clear standout like Bianca or Ben (I still think Dereinne should have gone home that week), or even Adore.

That being said, I do like Katya and Miss Fame.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Miz Kriss posted:

I'm just not seeing a clear standout like Bianca or Ben (I still think Dereinne should have gone home that week), or even Adore.

This is funny, cuz it's precisely why I'm enjoying this season so much. I came to the conclusion really early on that Season 6 was Bianca's to lose, and that removed some of the tension for me. This is a lot more fun.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, there isn't anybody who I seriously dislike. A bit of cattiness is fun, but Darienne last year was kind of nasty and really put me off.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
But the surveillance camera caught everything.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Bina posted:

But the surveillance camera caught everything.

This was honestly the most hilarious acting challenge I can remember that was actually supposed to be funny.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Capsaicin posted:

If Katya doesn't win (which is a national travesty), she is probably Miss Congeniality, but also possibly Trixie.

Only if Trixie is brought back. Otherwise she will have been gone too long.

Katya is for sure going to take Miss Congeniality.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Miz Kriss posted:

I only started watching this show since last season, but I can't help but feel that this season doesn't have the same magic as the last season did. Maybe it's because of the cast? Maybe it's because last season was the first time I'd ever watched the show? I dunno. I'm just not seeing a clear standout like Bianca or Ben (I still think Dereinne should have gone home that week), or even Adore.

That being said, I do like Katya and Miss Fame.

I'm in the same boat. This is the second season I'm following, and yeah I'm not quite feeling it this time around. That said, though, comparing Season 6 queens at a glance with the other seasons, it feels like their level of personality and talent as a batch is much higher than the others. Courtney, Ben, or Darienne could've taken the crown if they'd been in other seasons. Even early exits like Magnolia, Vivacious, and Kelly are memorable.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Finally watched this week's Untucked. I was really turned off by Ginger being so rude and gossipy, but I loved how Violet handled the situation when Ginger was talking to her about "The same ol' look". I really thought Violet handled that so well; at first she pretended she didn't hear her, then after Ginger repeated herself Violet's next comment about "Maybe this is a work room discussion" just cinched it for me. I was so not expecting that kind of maturity and I was really surprised at how she diffused the discussion.

I also noticed while Kennedy, Ginger, and Katya were talking mess Katya was obviously playing aloof intentionally. I think there's going to be some major drama from Ginger soon.

At first I just played off her two-face act as being an over the top Southern Belle but now I'm thinking she's just bitter and bitchy.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Pan Dulce posted:

As for the three strikes rule, that can't apply after Coco "Doritos" Montrese broke that.

As someone pointed out, Alyssa was lipsyncing for the third time that episode too, plus they had to make sure that Coco and Alyssa lipsynced together for the story reasons. Coco's a special case and I don't think she should count with the three strike rule.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Capsaicin posted:

Nihonniboku posted:

Only if Trixie is brought back. Otherwise she will have been gone too long.

Katya is for sure going to take Miss Congeniality.

Without having watched Untucked, Max has gotten a lot of screentime supporting struggling queens (Pearl last week, Jaidynn when she was struggling with lines) and I feel like Ginger/Kennedy going after her isn't enough to turn that around. I definitely wouldn't mind Katya winning it, though.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Legs Benedict posted:

This is funny, cuz it's precisely why I'm enjoying this season so much. I came to the conclusion really early on that Season 6 was Bianca's to lose, and that removed some of the tension for me. This is a lot more fun.

It did remove a lot of the tension knowing she was going to win, but goddamn she's so funny it just didn't matter.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

overseer07 posted:

It did remove a lot of the tension knowing she was going to win, but goddamn she's so funny it just didn't matter.

Goddamn the kind of money I would pay to Logo for more of those Alaska and Bianca commentaries. (Seriously, Logo, you're THROWING MONEY AWAY by not doing more of those and reselling the episode all over again.)

Goddamn the kind of money I would pay to Logo for Bianca as a contestant on the show for even just one episode. Can you imagine her rolling her eyes in Untucked and reading them all to filth while turning it out on the runway and being something hilarious in Snatch Game?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Anyone else think Jayden Dior's version of Bianca was amazing? I could not stop laughing and I think they got cheated out of a win.

I also saw on Bianca's FB page that she will be the one giving the SheHeHeyTheymmmmwwwwaaa" mail challenge this week for snatch game. Makes sense.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Flyinglemur posted:

Anyone else think Jayden Dior's version of Bianca was amazing? I could not stop laughing and I think they got cheated out of a win.

It was. I thought for sure that she would take the win.

But as I said earlier in the thread, Ru has a thing for ghetto queens, hence the Kennedy win instead.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Am I wrong, or have there not been any real 'drat seamstress' challenges so far? I'm trying to think of anyone in the workroom doing much in the way of construction, but my memory of all the outfits has been tailored professional looks or some off-the-rack stuff.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

graynull posted:

Am I wrong, or have there not been any real 'drat seamstress' challenges so far?

Not a single one so far.

Challenges to date:
Ep 1: Fashion
Ep 2: Performance (Acting)
Ep 3: Performance (Acting)
Ep 4: Performance (Writing, Singing, Acting)
Ep 5: Performance (Writing)
Ep 6: Performance (Acting)

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I kind of felt it when one of them was saying "another goddamn acting challenge?"

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
There was like one 10-second scene of some hot-gluing. I want to see them actually get creative

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well I guess they had to make the tear-aways in episode one but they were mostly ponchos.

Also, http://harddawn.com/rupaul-is-an-illuminati-lizard/

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Holy poo poo " Is “AirBnB” a Plot to Prepare Our Homes for Mass Seizure by Obama’s Illegal Aliens?"

My new favorite website. Thank you so much.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

this is a gift

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Flyinglemur posted:

I also saw on Bianca's FB page that she will be the one giving the SheHeHeyTheymmmmwwwwaaa" mail challenge this week for snatch game. Makes sense.

Can someone please explain to me the joke behind the mail title? I know the debacle behind changing "She got SheMail," from the last seasons, but with this one, I don't even know what Ru's saying, much less what it means. Enlighten me?

PsychoticKitten
Sep 14, 2009

Cupcake of Doom
I'm offended that they think I'd worship Violet.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
'She done already done had her'ses' it's just Ghetto poo poo RuPaul says, I guess.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I thought it was just a bunch of stuff mushed together since she was told she couldn't say SheMail anymore. The way she trails off at the end to me sounds like she just doesn't care. In a fun way.

On yet off topic, the other night at work two women I work with were getting into a play tiff and I yelled "Oh No She Bettah Don't!" and no one got it because I work in a pseudo-factory environment but man, in my head I was in hysterics.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
How is your head?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Flyinglemur posted:

On yet off topic, the other night at work two women I work with were getting into a play tiff and I yelled "Oh No She Bettah Don't!" and no one got it because I work in a pseudo-factory environment but man, in my head I was in hysterics.

Huh. That happens in other environments too. In my past life as a medical student, sometimes I let, "That gives me life," or, "That is sickenin'," and got baffling looks. Very scandalized, textbook answers to these remarks. "What's sick? Is that bad?" "That gives you life? Are you okay?" Totally not sarcastic at all. These people were as lively as saltine crackers.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to fit "a worm stole my credit card ONCCEEEE" into as many conversations as I can.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

angerbeet posted:

How is your head?

I've had no complaints

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Watched the last two episodes back-to-back: boo to MKD's sashay; Miss Fame's acceptance speech was actually pretty funny (she needs to stop overthinking it); yay to Katya's win; Ginger is too good a competitor to get into these little bitchfests; Max is growing on me even if she as pwecious as a hummel figurine; Violet might not be long for this competition; Jaidynn gave a great lipsync and I'm pulling full her to realize her true and cosmic fabulosity; As of this moment I want a Ginger/Katya/Jaidynn final 3 with Katya winning, or maybe Jaidynn not be a finalist so she can win miss congeniality.

Katya is amazing and she must be taught to the schoolchildren.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
^^^This week's episode of RuGRATS is amazing.

In other news, Willam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xad3ju9qxiM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

Watched the last two episodes back-to-back: boo to MKD's sashay; Miss Fame's acceptance speech was actually pretty funny (she needs to stop overthinking it); yay to Katya's win; Ginger is too good a competitor to get into these little bitchfests; Max is growing on me even if she as pwecious as a hummel figurine; Violet might not be long for this competition; Jaidynn gave a great lipsync and I'm pulling full her to realize her true and cosmic fabulosity; As of this moment I want a Ginger/Katya/Jaidynn final 3 with Katya winning, or maybe Jaidynn not be a finalist so she can win miss congeniality.

Katya is amazing and she must be taught to the schoolchildren.

You should check out her tumblr. http://momsgoldteeth.tumblr.com/

(Also, I can make gifs of things, lemme know if anyone wants something Season 7 related or whatever.)

• Locked thread