Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

InfinityComplex posted:

The guild has reached critical mass again and I'm making a list of the characters I'm going to be kicking from the guild since they haven't logged on for 5+ days.

You can kick Cerishia, since I kinda came to the conclusion that I don't really enjoy playing Elementalist right now, so I've been playing other characters instead.
I'll probably ask to get into one of the guilds on one of my other characters later.

But, yeah, you can kick my character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Updated my post on who I'm not going to kick, which I'm going to start doing so in 2 and a half hours.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i vote for catdrugs for tertiary guild

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Why not just compromise and be SharkDrugs?

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

cathead posted:

Wait till you get a version of exploding hook that sucks all nearby enemies in!

You don't even need to wait that long, once you get Junk Spin it's Net/Brick/Stinger/Hook/Kick/Mine/Mount/Spin and most bosses go from 100% to 0% while stunlocked the whole time.

Brawler is really satisfying. Nothing like jumping on some jerk's chest and beating his face into the pavement.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hello there striker buffs. I'm not sure why you exist, but you do, and I am glad for it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Big Mad Drongo posted:

You don't even need to wait that long, once you get Junk Spin it's Net/Brick/Stinger/Hook/Kick/Mine/Mount/Spin and most bosses go from 100% to 0% while stunlocked the whole time.

Brawler is really satisfying. Nothing like jumping on some jerk's chest and beating his face into the pavement.

I dunno, suplexing a guy like ten times in a row is pretty great.

As is grabbing a guy and spinning him so hard you create a tornado.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Supremezero posted:

Why not just compromise and be SharkDrugs?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Fat Samurai posted:

This looks like fun, but a controler seems indispensable. I usually use Motionjoy to use a PS3 gamepad, but the anti cheat protection doesn't like it. Any alternative programs that work with DFO?

betterDS3 is a thing that builds off motionjoy and makes it More Better, I use it with no issues

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

LornMarkus posted:

Daggers attack faster so it's easier to use base attack hit stun to lock up enemies and also easier to chain attacks to stay in the air longer. The actual mastery will allow you to do stuff more often (extra uses of Shining Slice, Sword Dance) or have more mobility (+50% movement speed for Hurricane). Overall though I think the massively larger spinning blades on your Hit End stuff from Sword are much more useful so that's what I'm sticking with too.

Dagger mastery also lets you use Shining and Sword Dance to cancel out of skills so you get a free additional Breaking Rush. But I'm using daggers mostly because mashing Sword Dance is extremely satisfying.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Hellioning posted:

Hello there striker buffs. I'm not sure why you exist, but you do, and I am glad for it.

My guess is either to up their popularity in Anton raid or to get the complainers about the new sprites ( no more chun li thighs) to shut up.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

darealkooky posted:

betterDS3 is a thing that builds off motionjoy and makes it More Better, I use it with no issues

Xigncode didn't like my betterDS3 and switching to xpadder fixed that problem. Betterds3 is way better than motionjoy though, fair point.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Bugsy posted:

My guess is either to up their popularity in Anton raid or to get the complainers about the new sprites ( no more chun li thighs) to shut up.

Probably former.

About half of those Striker buffs are actually them undoing previous nerfs made to them. A lot of those buffs are to unpopular skills that people rarely use, so who knows how much this will help.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
When does asura start being game-breaking? I made one today and right out of the gate I am hoovering MP (even with the drink of water title) at a completely obscene rate and don't feel particularly powerful outside of ghost orb.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

When does asura start being game-breaking? I made one today and right out of the gate I am hoovering MP (even with the drink of water title) at a completely obscene rate and don't feel particularly powerful outside of ghost orb.

I asked this, and the consensus seemed to be around the time you get Ice Wave Sword and Fire Wave Sword. It remains to be seen for me though.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Level 30 is when I found myself really getting stupid, which is when you get the ice thing and the damage aura. Anecdotal, but the former seems to have a completely insane freeze chance and the aura costs trivial amounts of mana to upkeep. I had just done the 30-35 grind on my melee Exo a few days prior and the difference was staggering. At 35 you get your first cubes, one does a shitload of damage and the other is a hilariously stupid vacuum hold thing that also gives you significant damage resistance so your teammates can blow everything up (this skill also does damage and can be cancelled into your 45 skill later on).

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

As an Elementalist, is it normal that I'm just kind of orbiting around a boss while my skills cool down? I'm level 49 running hard modes in the Iced Wall area. The regular rooms are no problem using the T2 skills plus the occasional Black Hole or Lightning Strike. But then I get up to these boss monster assholes that shrug off the cube skills, eat all the damage from my T2s and then leave me spamming my lovely T1 spells for like 5k damage a hit while the big guns cool down.

Is that right? I've only really seen videos of people playing at the extreme high level where they are just obliterating entire rooms in about two seconds. Not quite as many videos posted of people just puttering around while cooldowns reset.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Anecdotal, but the former seems to have a completely insane freeze chance

I can give a second account to this. It's almost a guaranteed freeze on all the targets hit every time I cast it.

And then you can flow right into Fire Wave Sword because it does bonus damage to Frozen enemies.

Basically with those two skills I have chumped bosses repeatedly.

Freeze them with Ice Wave, pop a full Ghost Orb onto their frozen asses, throw fire wave, SSS Clear.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

MerrMan posted:

As an Elementalist, is it normal that I'm just kind of orbiting around a boss while my skills cool down? I'm level 49 running hard modes in the Iced Wall area. The regular rooms are no problem using the T2 skills plus the occasional Black Hole or Lightning Strike. But then I get up to these boss monster assholes that shrug off the cube skills, eat all the damage from my T2s and then leave me spamming my lovely T1 spells for like 5k damage a hit while the big guns cool down.

Is that right? I've only really seen videos of people playing at the extreme high level where they are just obliterating entire rooms in about two seconds. Not quite as many videos posted of people just puttering around while cooldowns reset.

You will end up doing this a lot, especially when you fight later bosses that don't really give you a chance to safely use skills that require you to stand still. Shining Ice Fence and Flame Void Volcano make it better, mostly by giving you additional non-channeled moves that hit with the power of T3s, but elementalist is always going to be waiting on her cooldowns whenever she runs into something that doesn't simply explode. As your gear improves this situation will happen less and less, though.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

InfinityComplex posted:

The guild has reached critical mass again and I'm making a list of the characters I'm going to be kicking from the guild since they haven't logged on for 5+ days.
Here is a list of all the characters that haven't been on for 5+ days, plus all the days they haven't logged on.

You can kick Avros, I switch between characters way too often to commit to putting any particular one in the main guild. When I settle down I'll re-apply with whoever.

also

baram. posted:

i vote for catdrugs for tertiary guild

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Countblanc posted:

Level 30 is when I found myself really getting stupid, which is when you get the ice thing and the damage aura. Anecdotal, but the former seems to have a completely insane freeze chance and the aura costs trivial amounts of mana to upkeep. I had just done the 30-35 grind on my melee Exo a few days prior and the difference was staggering. At 35 you get your first cubes, one does a shitload of damage and the other is a hilariously stupid vacuum hold thing that also gives you significant damage resistance so your teammates can blow everything up (this skill also does damage and can be cancelled into your 45 skill later on).

vaccuum hold into Elementalist Teammate was particularly enjoyable imo

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Level 30 is when I found myself really getting stupid, which is when you get the ice thing and the damage aura. Anecdotal, but the former seems to have a completely insane freeze chance and the aura costs trivial amounts of mana to upkeep. I had just done the 30-35 grind on my melee Exo a few days prior and the difference was staggering. At 35 you get your first cubes, one does a shitload of damage and the other is a hilariously stupid vacuum hold thing that also given you significant damage resistance so your teammates can blow everything up (this skill also does damage and can be cancelled into your 45 skill later on).

Actually, weirdly enough, Murderous Wave starts off being essentially free at rank 1, but then quickly becomes a giant black hole of mana that can keep you sucking down mana potions futilely as you sit at 0 mana. Maybe mana regen balances out eventually, but I left mine at rank 1 and ever since then I have never needed to use a single mana potion from level 30~ to 58. Haven't really missed the damage either - my other skills do way, way more damage anyway.

One thing that I didn't figure out until way too late though, is that Wave Radiation not only gives a Wave Manifestation, but also gives a stack of Mind Snap and refreshes the duration of the whole stack. Using Wave Radiation on CD can sustain a 5 stack of Mind Snap indefinitely, giving a huge int and mana regen buff at all times. At 58, my near permanent 5 stacks of manifestations and permanent 5 stacks of mindsnap gives me essentially +1000 int at all times.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Hmm, I managed to get through the earlier bits just fine and got the Empress Seals I needed pretty cheap but getting another 42 Chaos Stone Debris and 92 Emperor Seals is gonna be rough. Any suggestions other than just getting together the cash for it? I've only got about 800,000 in liquid gold and that's gonna go quick.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

MerrMan posted:

fully charged lightning strike is something very close to 100% guarantee stun and against enemies it doesn't work on you can usually use artic burst to freeze or black hole to pull them away

you should have magic festival/memorize maxed out and more or less active at all times so it should more or less be able to circle between tier 2 spells forever

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

LornMarkus posted:

Hmm, I managed to get through the earlier bits just fine and got the Empress Seals I needed pretty cheap but getting another 42 Chaos Stone Debris and 92 Emperor Seals is gonna be rough. Any suggestions other than just getting together the cash for it? I've only got about 800,000 in liquid gold and that's gonna go quick.

Apparently there is a repeating quest in Ghent that nets you 25 chaos stone debris every day at lvl 54.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

The bug where Ice Wall Spirazzi turns invincible forever is really stupid and annoying.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Charles Bukowski posted:

Apparently there is a repeating quest in Ghent that nets you 25 chaos stone debris every day at lvl 54.

Or 10 nihil fragments so it is still worth doing once you don't need the chaos.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Deed's done, and I think got some extra people by accident since they reached 5 days when I started kicking.

If you were one of the unfortunates whom I didn't list, reapply and we'll have you back in the guild. I will also send you a small care package.

(Care package consists of 1-5 sacred blessings and 0-1 fp pots, depends on how lucky I am with successful alchemy.)

Edit: I also probably missed some people too, but that's for another day.

sunpocket
Dec 30, 2003

I'm 4spooky5me and I'd like to join the magic.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

Well that solves that at least. Still need to figure the Helms out . . . could work on my Launcher and Brawler, I suppose, and keep doing the daily to sell the extra stones.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Supremezero posted:

I dunno, suplexing a guy like ten times in a row is pretty great.

As is grabbing a guy and spinning him so hard you create a tornado.

Ain't nothing wrong with our Grappler sisters! All the F. Fighters are good and fun.

Sometimes you wanna poison the world and kick it really hard in the balls, sometimes you wanna go pro wrestler on a boss's rear end, sometimes you wanna shoot hadokens and sometimes you just wanna punch problems until they ain't problems no more.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
Time to remake my m. mage from the dark nexon days I guess. In as Zelmel.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Why do people hate Iced Wall? It was fun replaying the classic DFO maps and bosses, and nothing there was particularly difficult for my M. Spitfire.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
There are classes that don't have Neil and freeze grenades, oddly enough

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Ice Wall is really tedious.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I hate all the "do this solo" quests because I pretty exclusively play the game with friends.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

This game looks interesting, but its not what I expected at all. For some reason I thought it was related to Dungeons and Dragons, like a Chronicles of Mystara style thing. Instead it seems to be some crazy Beat-em-up+Fighting Game Mechanics+Guilty Gear style visuals going a billion miles a minute. Every video I've looked checked in this thread has so much poo poo going on I can't follow it at all. :psyduck:

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Eddain posted:

Why do people hate Iced Wall? It was fun replaying the classic DFO maps and bosses, and nothing there was particularly difficult for my M. Spitfire.
Map design sucks (2 dungeons share the same layout), exp sucks, and quests suck. Also gently caress the nightmare section. At least you guys don't have to suffer playing as the hooded slayer with a lovely sb skill set.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Wait, why does Aganzo use soul bender poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

what's the pros/cons of male vs female launcher

• Locked thread