Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:peanut:

CCKeane posted:

Hello everyone!

I am the oracle, and I can confirm that this game is a little more complicated!

This time, not joking, all but two players can win if one of the scum claims. (The two scum that claim will not win)

To show that I really am the oracle, I know that there are three scum.

You said you'd claim Oracle and here we are. I got a better idea.

##vote: CCKeane

You're just going to lead us on for days and going to be tight with Alasdair no matter what. I think just voting you out early is the safe bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
btw why would anybody not be voting byers at htis time or are we doing mafiascum FoS garbage

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.

Met posted:

You're just going to lead us on for days and going to be tight with Alasdair no matter what. I think just voting you out early is the safe bet.

this just sounds incredibly bitter and he got a scumclaim anyway soooo

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

the roles in this game in the past have been fairly vanilla (cop/doc/etc) i doubt that a whacky one like "can tell if one post contains lies" would pop up (especially as that is very subjective on the mod's part)

Who do you think this was for?

wall monitor posted:

Okay, PMs are sent out D1 begins.

Some of the roles are a little complex so if you need any clarification please feel free to PM me back.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

special snowflake role 4 u :allears:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

special snowflake role 4 u :allears:

I am pretty awesome, yeah.

Met posted:

Met, what's up here, did Keane say he was going to do this a a fakeclaim in a previous game?

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

also why wouldn't you soothsay on a post that didn't contain multiple possible lies so you could figure out exactly what the lie was

and what was with the scummy softclaim

im going to go eat dinner soon and i hope you fuckers have executed byers by the time im back

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Met posted:

I just want to point out that the last two games this gambit got scum executed day one.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

also why wouldn't you soothsay on a post that didn't contain multiple possible lies so you could figure out exactly what the lie was

im going to go eat dinner soon and i hope you fuckers have executed byers by the time im back

I don't want Alasdair to think I'm a fucker!

##vote Byers

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0xVMCGuOqYr

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Felt like a good post to test D1. :shrug:

CCKeane posted:

I just want to point out that the last two games this gambit got scum executed day one.

So you're admitting it's a gambit and that you lied?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Leaning town read for me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

Felt like a good post to test D1. :shrug:

So you're admitting it's a gambit and that you lied?

Yes, it was a gambit. YA GOT ME.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Yes, it was a gambit. YA GOT ME.

See, the post was a lie.

What'd you lie about, exactly?

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

"gambit" doesn't mean "lying", even if the post is 100% true it is still a gambit. and every time it has got a scum claim anyway so. didn't the scum start posting the same sort of exasperated bitter posts last time too at the prospect of being outted by their scumbuddies d1?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Met posted:

Actually I want to call this post out again because last two games I was killed night one after nailing scum to the wall day one.

SOMEBODY'S AWFUL WORRIED ABOUT THAT WILY KEANE AND HIS CUNNING GAMBITS.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cpig 3rd party?

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

ya byers reads scummy, mets post also reads incredibly scummy, we need to kill byers first tho;

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

See, the post was a lie.

What'd you lie about, exactly?

My name isn't Keane.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

HiipFire posted:

WHAT UP MOTHAFUCKAS

TIME FOR ME TO CONTINUE MY WIN SPREE

This cannot happen!
##Vote: Hiipfire

btw im confirming that keane is oracle.

Are you confirming Keane as oracle by confirming you're 1/3 of the scumteam?

also I played skypefia a few nights ago and developed a game-breaking strategy. i had each person say "I am not scum" and could tell fairly consistently from their voice that they were lying. I'll go first in a bit

I love this idea - but currently I've got the flu and I keep losing my voice - I sound like a small timid woman whispering :P (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

"gambit" doesn't mean "lying", even if the post is 100% true it is still a gambit. and every time it has got a scum claim anyway so. didn't the scum start posting the same sort of exasperated bitter posts last time too at the prospect of being outted by their scumbuddies d1?

I would play banned games right now to prove it's a lie. Keane's lying, that post has falsehoods in it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm hoping it's a Byers, Met, Somber scum team and we can all rejoice.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CCKeane posted:

My name isn't Keane.

Nice dodge.

##vote Keane

Lying's one thing, but doubling down on it?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

I would play banned games right now to prove it's a lie. Keane's lying, that post has falsehoods in it.

Yes, you got me! I told a lie in order to work a gambit that was previously successful.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

softclaiming toxx clause??? hahahahahahaha

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
alasdair I talked a bit soft cus it's p. late here but I included what you wanted and me scum claiming cus I figured you'd be able to decipher my alignment more fully with both sides of the coin?

http://tindeck.com/listen/ksvhe

again only for alasdair I don't want any wannabe voice cops

apparently alasdair doesn'tlike half life tho so gently caress him tbh

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

Nice dodge.

##vote Keane

Lying's one thing, but doubling down on it?

I am confirming that I played a gambit!

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Kleedrac posted:

I love this idea - but currently I've got the flu and I keep losing my voice - I sound like a small timid woman whispering :P (not that there's anything wrong with that)

do it anyway it wont affect how honest you sound

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CCKeane posted:

Actually I want to call this post out again because last two games I was killed night one after nailing scum to the wall day one.

SOMEBODY'S AWFUL WORRIED ABOUT THAT WILY KEANE AND HIS CUNNING GAMBITS.

Just because it was something you used to the town benefit in other games doesn't mean you are town because you are using it this game? If you're scum, the other scum know not to jump forward on this and you're just buying yourself free days as the champion of the town.

I'm not buying it at face value and I think it's dangerous to keep the Alasdair/CCKeane pair together.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Yes, you got me! I told a lie in order to work a gambit that was previously successful.

lol was it actually?

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

TheRam posted:

alasdair I talked a bit soft cus it's p. late here but I included what you wanted and me scum claiming cus I figured you'd be able to decipher my alignment more fully with both sides of the coin?

http://tindeck.com/listen/ksvhe

again only for alasdair I don't want any wannabe voice cops

apparently alasdair doesn'tlike half life tho so gently caress him tbh

you sound quite town i believe you ram. you even sounded like you were lying when you did the scumclaim.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

TheRam posted:

lol was it actually?

yes. twice.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TheRam posted:

lol was it actually?

Yeah I used it and scumhunting to get PMush Axis 1, and CPig claimed Axis 2 and outted his buddy.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Wait, who was stupid enough to fall for it last time?

softclaiming toxx clause??? hahahahahahaha

Which I woulda won because he totally lied!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Met posted:

Just because it was something you used to the town benefit in other games doesn't mean you are town because you are using it this game? If you're scum, the other scum know not to jump forward on this and you're just buying yourself free days as the champion of the town.

I'm not buying it at face value and I think it's dangerous to keep the Alasdair/CCKeane pair together.

Alasdair and I are super friends, why would you want to kill one of the super friends?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Yeah I used it and scumhunting to get PMush Axis 1, and CPig claimed Axis 2 and outted his buddy.

Of course it was CPig. :allears:

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Met posted:

of course its dangerous. dangerous to scum because we've double teamed this game with game breaking mechanics for town (keane tricking scum into claiming, me w the voicecopping). much like lelouch and suzaku together theres nothing we can't do.

also keanes play only works as scum if theres some townies stupid enough to either 1) get mad at the strategy or 2) fake a scumclaim

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I can't stop yawning it's late here so I refuse to think about the mechanics side of things now, alasdair/keane feel p. town to me. iamgay felt pretty town from his voice clip need to listen to sombers now

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

of course its dangerous. dangerous to scum because we've double teamed this game with game breaking mechanics for town (keane tricking scum into claiming, me w the voicecopping). much like lelouch and suzaku together theres nothing we can't do.

also keanes play only works as scum if theres some townies stupid enough to either 1) get mad at the strategy or 2) fake a scumclaim

The second's not true. The play only forces a mislynch in that case, but making it because "It's what I do as town in these games?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TheRam posted:

I can't stop yawning it's late here so I refuse to think about the mechanics side of things now, alasdair/keane feel p. town to me. iamgay felt pretty town from his voice clip need to listen to sombers now

Why are you avoiding talking about me, Ram?

• Locked thread